October 15, 2016 on the Disney Fantasy!!

Can you please remove me from this list? Thank you and sorry.

Hello everyone!! Looks like I'll kick this thread off. My family and I just booked this cruise today on the Disney Fantasy and we are soooo excited!! We have been on the Magic, Wonder, the Dream and will complete the circle with this sailing on the Fantasy!! :banana: We are a family of 11 traveling together taking up 3 staterooms on deck 7!! :woohoo:

We are quite a ways from sailing but I look forward to passing the time away with you all right here in this thread...

**Below is a list of those who have joined our Magical sailing. I will do my best to keep it up-to-date based on the info posted in the thread or sent to me via PM.**
DIS NAME(s)
ADULTS
KIDS/AGES WHEN SAIL
STATEROOM # (if desired)

don604
Donald & Christina
Janeya (14) Andrew (10)
--------------------------------
Bert & Olivia
Jezzie (5)
Manuel & Adaleen
Joey (15) Janessa (10)
ratt1345
Charlie & April
megan2461
John & Sue
Brandiwlf
Maureen, John
Carter (10) Owen (8)
TPeq11
Brad & Teresa
Kai (14) Dominic (12)
tellemarie
Andrew & Shantelle
MickeyManiacMom
Tim & Kristy
Riley (15) Tyler (12)
Annie and James
Ivy (8)
Meloni and Corey
Peyton (12) Evie (8)
Kim and Chad
Sibella (11) Zander (10)
Tony and Martina
Erik (19) Olivia (12) Katarina (7)

Hello! Super excited to be going on our first Disney cruise.
Jana, Jeb, Alanna (14), Archer (5)
Room 6128
Also hoping to do a Fish Extender as I think the kids would love it! So many tips and tricks to begin going through. Can't wait!

Hello! Super excited to be going on our first Disney cruise.
Jana, Jeb, Alanna (14), Archer (5)
Room 6128
Also hoping to do a Fish Extender as I think the kids would love it! So many tips and tricks to begin going through. Can't wait!
Welcome aboard!!! Get ready to have a blast!!!

We just booked and I'm very excited to cruise with Disney!!! We are surprising our 3 kids Thomas 11, Connor 10 & Paige 7 with this trip! Can't wait:yay: Lisa & Tom 7128
Also hoping to do a Fish Extender!

This will be our 1st Disney Cruise and I am sooo excited!!! We are from Indiana (GO IU). Our children are: Landon (11), Addison (8) and Avery (6). My kids LOVE to play soccer! My kids have NO idea and will not know anything about it until we pull up to the port on the 15th!!! Its' already hard not to talk about it, as I'm starting to research, compile fish extender gifts, etc.

We just booked and I'm very excited to cruise with Disney!!! We are surprising our 3 kids Thomas 11, Connor 10 & Paige 7 with this trip! Can't wait:yay: Lisa & Tom 7128
Also hoping to do a Fish Extender!
I thought I read somewhere that we can't organize the fish extender groups on here. is that correct? I would definitly like to be a part of the group and would be happy to help organize (but might need some direction how to get started!) LOL

Andrew & Shantelle, we will be in rooms 12510 & 12512. It will be me and my husband (Nancy & Matthew), my two boys ages 11 & 8 and my inlaws. Very excited to meet others near us!!!
I also have an 11 and 8 year old going 11 year old is a boy and my 8 year old is a girl (but not super girly) ;)

We just booked our first cruise!

This is a complete surprise! We're going to 'surprise' the kids with a trip to see my husband's cousin in FL and then the next day take a trip to 'the beach' to board! They are going to flip! Only have to keep it a secret for 14 more months!
We are surprising our kids too - going to be super hard for me to not tell them earlier!! Good luck to you guys too! ;)

Just got back from my first Disney cruise. The Christmas decorations and celebrations were amazing. I cant wait to experience halloween next October 15th on the disney fantasy!
I am interested in participating in the fish exchange but not sure how to sign up or find others interested. Can anyone help??

Meloni and Corey
Peyton (12)
Evie (8)
Stateroom 2023
I am also interested in the fish extender. I also have an 8 year old daughter! Room 6636

I thought I read somewhere that we can't organize the fish extender groups on here. is that correct? I would definitly like to be a part of the group and would be happy to help organize (but might need some direction how to get started!) LOL
There's no reason you can organize a Fish Extender group here on DISboards. Heck, there's no reason that there can't be multiple FE groups on the same cruise meet thread. You just can't link to other social media sites that may have FE groups.

If it helps:
SETTING UP A FE GROUP
It appears there are a number of you who are interested in a Fish Extender group. Here’s a little write up on how FE groups are set up:

There really are no “rules” as to how a FE program runs. Basically someone will step up and say “I’ll maintain the list”. This means they maintain the list of those who wish to participate. The group can decide on what information is necessary to produce FE gifts. A basic list may only have DISname/room number/number of people in the room. A more involved list could be first & last names/ages/room number/ favorite character/ favorite color/allergies/whatever is deemed necessary to know in order to create the gifts. Also a decision can be made as to size of FE group. Some groups break out the list(s) at 10-15 rooms max, so that there are multiple lists (and some people will participate in more than one list). Other groups just make one big list (upwards of 20-30 rooms).

The easiest, most private way to handle the information necessary to prepare the list (many people prefer not to put sensitive information on a public forum), is to use the “Conversation” feature here. There needs to be at least two people to start a conversation. Only the starter of the conversation (usually the organizer) can add additional people into the conversation (as long as they do NOT select “Allow anyone in the conversation to invite others” at the bottom of the reply window). Then when new people express a desire to join, usually by just saying “we want to join the FE”, the organizer can add them by clicking on the “Invite more” button in the “Conversation Participants” window (lower right of conversation page). Only those people participating in the conversation can see what’s posted there, and respond there. I will also note, to participate in conversations, everyone needs to have at least 10 posts. For those who wish to use this option for private conversations that don’t have 10 posts yet, head over to the Test Board to post and up your post count. http://www.disboards.com/forums/test-board.88/

Up to 20 people can participate in any given conversation.

At some point the list will “close”. Typically this happens 30-45 days out from the cruise, so that everyone participating has time to organize/prepare their gifts. Shortly before this time (about 2-3 weeks prior) the organizer will post the list, either directly on the Cruise Meet thread, OR via private conversation, or, possibly, via e-mails. This is to confirm everyone on the list is still participating. It’s important to make a statement about “anyone not confirming by XX date will be dropped” at this time. A little harsh, yes, but often there are people who will post on the cruise meet thread as soon as they reserve the cruise and say “I want to participate”, and are never heard from again.

Once the list closes, the organizer will post the final list. Also, a decision must be made as to whether to allow late additions. Sometimes there is a “pixie dust” list. That is, basically, a latecomers list that gets posted about a week out from the cruise that others may or may not add to their “final” list. Be sure the “pixie dust” list participants realize they may or may not get gifts from others, but are expected to provide gifts for the other FE participants anyway.

The other “biggie” is no other social media sites are allowed to be linked or search directions posted as to how to find that other site here on DISboards. Please read this: http://www.disboards.com/threads/im...uise-meet-and-fish-extender-programs.3353477/

As it seems there are a few here on your cruise meet thread who would be interested in doing this, who’s going to step up and volunteer to maintain the list?

Thank you so much for the info! I am happy to organize a Fish Extender group (at least one of them). If you would like to participate, please reply back to me with:
Names
Ages/Gender
stateroom #
State you live

Last edited:
I heard kids will want lanyards. Is this correct?

We bought formal dresses for the girls (ages 8 and 11) and I'm getting cute minnie mouse purses thst cross over their chests. My mom bought us all mickey/minnie Pittsburgh Steelers shirts to wear for a family picture![/QUOTEkids

Hey there! Thank you for starting this thread. After lurking on DIS for a while now (found so much info!!!), finally decided to take the plunge when we booked this cruise and join. Our first DCL cruise and first cruise ever!!! :rainbow:

Our room is 5652.

We are Teresa, Brad, Kai, and Dominic. Kai will be 14 and Dom will be 12 at the time of the cruise.
This is our very first cruise too!!

We are also interested in Dolphin swims but not sure where to do the excursions at. Following any replies you get. ;)

We (Marcia and Aaron) will be on this cruise as part of our honeymoon. We will be getting married either Oct 13 (1st choice) or Oct 11 at Disneyworld. Originally we were going to do the 4 night on Oct 17, but just switched this past week to the 7 night on Oct 15. This will be our first Disney cruise. I have cruised once before, and Aaron never has. We are so excited! Hope we made a good choice on the room, we booked 7582 which is a 5C.

So overwhelmed with possible excursions. Aaron wants to do a swim with the dolphins for sure, but I'm worried about availability since we are first time cruisers, we get no priority booking. Not sure which port has the best and/or easiest to get dolphin swim. Any advice?

Thanks all, look forward to planning together!

This will be our 1st Disney Cruise and I am sooo excited!!! We are from Indiana (GO IU). Our children are: Landon (11), Addison (8) and Avery (6). My kids LOVE to play soccer! My kids have NO idea and will not know anything about it until we pull up to the port on the 15th!!! Its' already hard not to talk about it, as I'm starting to research, compile fish extender gifts, etc.

Thank you so much for the info! I am happy to organize a Fish Extender group (at least one of them). If you would like to participate, please reply back to me with:
Names
Ages/Gender
stateroom #
State room 7128
Boy 11, Boy 10 & Girl 7

Names
Ages/Gender
stateroom #
State you live
Hi Natalie:) we would like to participate in the fish extender group on the Disney fantasy October 15, 2016! We are a family of 4 including: Jon Kidd male 48
Trina Byers female 44
Chloe Byers female 18
Sawyer McLaughlin male 10
Indiana
Stateroom 7134

Thanks! Trina:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter