• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Oct 3 - Dec 30 FD & Code Watch (Only)

Thanks DisneyMomm and Trep. I'll try calling again tomorrow even though I'm sure I don't have a pin. I've never received one in the past. Pin or no pin I'm going November 1-5, but if I can get a pin I'm staying in a deluxe otherwise it's a value or moderate.

I wonder what number you called because I called this morning about a Pin code I got in my email (not my name on it) and went through that whole 5 min ordeal and had to type in a pin number (or say it) so I typed in the one from the email and when I finally go through, the CM I got looked mine up for me but it was not the regular reservation line I had called as it prompted me to enter a Pin #, I think it was a number for people with Pins? Maybe you could call that number? 407-939-7766. My CM was more than willing to look my name up and I had a pin but never got an email or postal mail!

I called 407-WDISNEY.....I'll try the other number tomorrow, Thanks

I called 407-WDISNEY.....I'll try the other number tomorrow, Thanks

It will prompt you to put in a 14 digit pin. I would just make one up I guess and they should transfer you to an agent because they won't be able to "find it" I'm guessing! Hopefully that works better!

I know this is off topic, but since the PIN code mania has slowed down, and this thread is full of people who would know I'll highjack for a minute. I would love some opinions from anyone who has gone to Disney at Halloween time and at Christmas time. We went 2 yrs ago in Sept and we loved the weather (love the waterparks) and loved the Halloween theme. We are going again this year for 2 weeks at the same time. We have also put the deposit down for 6 days in mid December, but don't know if it's worth going twice so close together. I would love to see the Christmas decorations, but I would also love to go to Cuba without kids in February, and 3 trips probably just isn't financially possible. So for my question... is there that much difference between going for Halloween and Christmas, and should I go for it, or savour my September trip and do a grown up only Cuba trip?

Just as an added note, the reason I'm trying to cram it all in one year is because I'm going back to school in Sept 2011 and I won't be able to do a Dec trip during value season when it's not crazy crowded, and a Feb trip would also be out. This year is my last chance for 3 years

Us citizens aren't allowed to go to Cuba, so probably not a great spot to ask. I wouldn't have a clue what there is to do there. Never sounded like a vacation destination before. LOL!

Us citizens aren't allowed to go to Cuba, so probably not a great spot to ask. I wouldn't have a clue what there is to do there. Never sounded like a vacation destination before. LOL!
Haha, oh ya I forgot about that. Actually it's beautiful and the people are just beyond friendly. My DH and I have been before. Just think of it as if I were thinking about any island getaway. My concern isn't comparing Disney to somewhere else, it's more with the fact that I'm affraid to pay all that money for a second Disney trip, and find that after the first day of Christmas decorations, the novelty has worn off, and we're back to the same sites we just saw in Sept. Not that I don't absolutely love Disney, but spreading it out makes it more magical for me. That's why if many people say Christmas is a totally different experience and worth it to go twice, then I might consider calling off the Cube trip for now. But yes ... I now realize that this might not be the best place for a specific Cuba reference lol

Sounds like it is fun. maybe skip the Oct trip and do a Dec one for the new experience.

Haha, oh ya I forgot about that. Actually it's beautiful and the people are just beyond friendly. My DH and I have been before. Just think of it as if I were thinking about any island getaway. My concern isn't comparing Disney to somewhere else, it's more with the fact that I'm affraid to pay all that money for a second Disney trip, and find that after the first day of Christmas decorations, the novelty has worn off, and we're back to the same sites we just saw in Sept. Not that I don't absolutely love Disney, but spreading it out makes it more magical for me. That's why if many people say Christmas is a totally different experience and worth it to go twice, then I might consider calling off the Cube trip for now. But yes ... I now realize that this might not be the best place for a specific Cuba reference lol

It's all a mater of opinion. I have been in Aug & Dec for the past 2 years and am doing it again this year. Our Dec trips are around the 10th and have been for about 5 days. I have found that it is so different in Dec that I have not regreted going so close. We love taking pictures of the characters dressed in holiday attire and going to the different resorts. The light show at DHS is wonderful and all the stuff to see at Epcot makes it worthwhile for us. :santa:

It's all a mater of opinion. I have been in Aug & Dec for the past 2 years and am doing it again this year. Our Dec trips are around the 10th and have been for about 5 days. I have found that it is so different in Dec that I have not regreted going so close. We love taking pictures of the characters dressed in holiday attire and going to the different resorts. The light show at DHS is wonderful and all the stuff to see at Epcot makes it worthwhile for us. :santa:
Thanks DISNEYNY, the light show at DHS and the winter lights on the Castle are the 2 things I dream about seeing.

Thanks DISNEYNY, the light show at DHS and the winter lights on the Castle are the 2 things I dream about seeing.

Your welcome. Our Aug trip is more about seeing everything & getting on all the rides. In December we concentrate on the Christams stuff. :santa:

So excited!!! Just used my PIN for FD for dec. 8-15th (first time I ever used one of my PINs :goodvibes) We ended up changing our dates to the 8th-15th because southwest out of manchester, nh has flights for $69 each way! we are only spending $650 for the 4 of us to fly down and we originally were hoping to be able to spend under $1000 for flights! so of course we had to upgrad from the pop to POR ;)
Disney here we come!!! We are now officially booked! :banana::banana:

So excited!!! Just used my PIN for FD for dec. 8-15th (first time I ever used one of my PINs :goodvibes) We ended up changing our dates to the 8th-15th because southwest out of manchester, nh has flights for $69 each way! we are only spending $650 for the 4 of us to fly down and we originally were hoping to be able to spend under $1000 for flights! so of course we had to upgrad from the pop to POR ;)
Disney here we come!!! We are now officially booked! :banana::banana:

CONGRATS FROM BOSTON!!!!!!!!! We are going to be there Dec 4th-11th, But I am waiting for passholder rate

Don't know if they're sending out a new wave of PINs, but I just got the free dining PIN for the blackout dates a few minutes ago. Hope anyone waiting for one get's it in this batch :goodvibes

Those of you are are just now getting the new pins, did you already have rooms booked?
Just got a PIN for the black out dates yesterday. Used it this morning for CSR during thanksgiving week. There were only 4 rooms with that rate left when I booked.

@karnold: So in answer to the question did I already have a reservation ... Nope. But I had been playing around with the reservations for the last month or so trying to make my dates work. LOL.

Those of you are are just now getting the new pins, did you already have rooms booked?
Yes I did, but not for a blackout date. I have one booked and payed for going Sept 8th, and then when they extended the free dining I booked for Dec 12 - 17. I'm not sure why I got one because I never expressed any interest in the blackout dates. It's just a random thing. I realized also that it is by name, not email address because I got the PIN on 2 of my 3 emails I have registered with Disney, and the PIN code is the same on both even though the email looks different (different colour and picture)

Got one! I didn't know it but after reading these boards today, I thought I should call and check and it was there!! We wanted to go 11/6 - 11/13 but couldn't due to blackout dates to general public. We made reservations for 11/13- 11/20 instead but my dd was worried about going into high school and missing 5 days. This way she only misses 3 days and we're all much happier. So yes, we had a reservation and I had a code attached to my name but never got an email about it. I've gotten other pin offers (several this year, for the monster 40% room discount, among others). I agree with previous posters, you need to order those DVD's, and I also think it matters whether you've been to WDW recently but I could be wrong. We went every year for awhile but are returning after 4 very long years. The kids are thrilled!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter