• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Oct 3 - Dec 30 FD & Code Watch (Only)

Congrats! Your story gives me hope. :) I know first hand what a roller coaster ride you've been through! I was told last Weds morning that I had the 7/13 pin, but then yesterday, was told I did not. I was so excited last week only to have my excitement cut short at precisely 6:14 am yesterday. Glad to know it still may change. ;)

Wow. Low and behond, the Goofy PIN just arrived in my email. I'm going to be tickled pink once I get this applied to my ressie, but right now I am still a bit frustrated at how this all played out... it has been a pita.

On the plus side, there is still hope for those of you wanting this that can use it for your dates. I am wishing pixie dust for all of you!!!

I'm confused. I thought the last free dining announced was for everyone. It's on the discount page for wdwinfo.com. Is there a different one I should be looking for? Thanks!

They did extend free dining for the public through the end of the year but there are a lot of blackout dates attached to that offer.

They are now sending a PIN code via email for free dining that only blacks out Thanksgiving weekend so people like me, who couldn't get the free dining offer because we were blacked out, now can if we use the PIN code.

BTW, after all this nonsense, of course I got the PIN code in email tonight. That'll learn me to just be more patient next time! But, for those of you who didn't have any luck with a CM on the phone, keep your eyes out as it seems the emails are really flowing out there now. Good luck to you all!

We still have no pin and we are very sad:( cant beleive no one in our grand gathering received a pin at all. We are still going, but it would have made life alot easier with a pin. Two of our children are over 10, so FD would have saved us around $1200.

I got the same Pin Code for the FD, but it's not in my name, it's in my friends name..what do I do? She had stayed with us once for a trip and since her last name starts with C and ours W, we are now getting the Pins in her name!!! I'm going to try and call reservations to see if this can be changed. I don't want to block WDW from my email but hopefully there is one attached to my name or maybe I could use hers??

We still have no pin and we are very sad:( cant beleive no one in our grand gathering received a pin at all. We are still going, but it would have made life alot easier with a pin. Two of our children are over 10, so FD would have saved us around $1200.

Have you called Disney and asked about whether or not you have a pin? I did, and lo and behold, I had one, but I've yet to receive any emails yet

I got the same Pin Code for the FD, but it's not in my name, it's in my friends name..what do I do? She had stayed with us once for a trip and since her last name starts with C and ours W, we are now getting the Pins in her name!!! I'm going to try and call reservations to see if this can be changed. I don't want to block WDW from my email but hopefully there is one attached to my name or maybe I could use hers??

We are in a similar situation. Last year, I registered a friend of ours, for the free birthday admission to WDW. They don't have a computer so I used my e-mail to register him. He didn't go to WDW and probably will never go, but he has received 2 room discount pins and a free dining pin on my e-mail address. His last name starts with a "B" and ours is "M". After going to WDW since 1992, having a WDW VISA and signing up and registering for about everything, I have never gotten a pin code. I called CRO and they will not let me use the discount pins because they aren't in my name. I e-mailed WDW about 3 weeks ago about the situation and below is the reply I received. For some reason I don't think the problem will be solved. I may never get a pin code, but it's frustrating getting them for someone I tried to do a favor for and they will never use them.

Dear Gary:

Thank you for your message requesting that your residency information be corrected. I have processed the change for you and apologize for any delay. Please allow 30 business days for this change to be processed in our system.

If you have questions or need further assistance, feel free to contact us. Please include your full name, e-mail address, and reservation number (if applicable) on all correspondence.

Sincerely,

Disney Destinations, LLC

PO Box 10,000

Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830

Me either. I was getting them ALL the time earlier this year too. I just want to come 2 days earlier, with out doing a room only reservation. The CM I talked to did say they were going to be sending out all month long, but I hate waiting. LOL! :rolleyes1
I didn't check my DH's name though, maybe I should call back and do that, just in case.

You can always call and try. I was able to use a PIN sent to my email address in my brother's name. The CM did ask me if he was a relative so that may be the difference.

The first CM I got on the phone told me I couldn't use it. She told me to hold on and we were cut off. I called back and got another CM who said no problem we'll just change it to your information.

I've actually been getting PINs in his name for years but I've never bothered trying to use them before.

Me either. I was getting them ALL the time earlier this year too. I just want to come 2 days earlier, with out doing a room only reservation. The CM I talked to did say they were going to be sending out all month long, but I hate waiting. LOL! :rolleyes1
I didn't check my DH's name though, maybe I should call back and do that, just in case.

I have called a number of times and checked all the names in our gathering and nothing. I hope your cm was right and maybe one will find me. We have received them every year for about 3 years. (only used one a coule of years ago the others didnt work for us) we even got 2 last year for disneyland.

Have you called Disney and asked about whether or not you have a pin? I did, and lo and behold, I had one, but I've yet to receive any emails yet

I have tried calling at least 5 times...each a different CM...I explain that I have already booked at CSR for 6 nights (11/30-12/6) and happily have received the FD...but, I'm more interested in a room discount. I used the other phone # mentioned by someone else on this thread...mentioned that I wanted to check for "Special Rates & Discounts" attached to me or someone traveling with me...Still nothing...

I also try to let them know that I would like to return to WDW with my husband & kids in early 2011...if I just had a PIN attached to my name!

They all say...nope...no PIN attached...and they always say: "it would have been emailed to you" if you had a PIN #...

I'm going to just move on...hope that I do get a PIN for my upcoming trip in early 2011 with my hubby and kids! ;)

Good luck to everyone!

Just got the email last night too for FD 10/3-12/16, with a blockout from 11/24-11/27. Of course we probably won't use it; we were planning on a trip in January. Now I just need a deal for January!:laughing:

You can always call and try. I was able to use a PIN sent to my email address in my brother's name. The CM did ask me if he was a relative so that may be the difference.

The first CM I got on the phone told me I couldn't use it. She told me to hold on and we were cut off. I called back and got another CM who said no problem we'll just change it to your information.

I've actually been getting PINs in his name for years but I've never bothered trying to use them before.

We are in a similar situation. Last year, I registered a friend of ours, for the free birthday admission to WDW. They don't have a computer so I used my e-mail to register him. He didn't go to WDW and probably will never go, but he has received 2 room discount pins and a free dining pin on my e-mail address. His last name starts with a "B" and ours is "M". After going to WDW since 1992, having a WDW VISA and signing up and registering for about everything, I have never gotten a pin code. I called CRO and they will not let me use the discount pins because they aren't in my name. I e-mailed WDW about 3 weeks ago about the situation and below is the reply I received. For some reason I don't think the problem will be solved. I may never get a pin code, but it's frustrating getting them for someone I tried to do a favor for and they will never use them.

Dear Gary:

Thank you for your message requesting that your residency information be corrected. I have processed the change for you and apologize for any delay. Please allow 30 business days for this change to be processed in our system.

If you have questions or need further assistance, feel free to contact us. Please include your full name, e-mail address, and reservation number (if applicable) on all correspondence.

Sincerely,

Disney Destinations, LLC

PO Box 10,000

Thanks!! I actually decided to write the number down and pin and call before I started work. I explained that my friend had stayed with us and now we're getting her pins and we get nothing. I asked him if we are able to use her pin even though it is in her name. He said well let's look up your name and...

THE FD PIN WAS ATTACHED TO MY NAME!!!! He even confirmed that it was good till Oct 2. I asked if I should assume when I get an email with her name and pin code, then I should have one too attached to my name. He said not necessarily but to always call and it doesn't take long at all!! :cool1:

He never did tell me if I would have been able to use hers or not. I'm not even looking to go at a time that's blocked out by the other FB *maybe in Dec, but I was more or less curious to see if I had one too! Thanks to the boards, I knew to try calling instead of sitting around!

I just wish there was a way that I could fw her emails directly to her and not my email but oh well, I can be nosy right? lol

Just got the email last night too for FD 10/3-12/16, with a blockout from 11/24-11/27. Of course we probably won't use it; we were planning on a trip in January. Now I just need a deal for January!:laughing:

Have those block out dates been confirmed? My aunt's family are going 22-27th (12 people total) 3 rooms at POR and I told my aunt about free dining but the regular Free Dining is blocked at that time. I wonder if their travel agent would be able to get them the Pin Code free dining..assuming maybe one of her kids would have a Pin to their name from a previous trip?? Let me know and I'll have to call her! It would save them tons of $$$ 6 adults and 6 kids!

I have tried calling at least 5 times...each a different CM...I explain that I have already booked at CSR for 6 nights (11/30-12/6) and happily have received the FD...but, I'm more interested in a room discount. I used the other phone # mentioned by someone else on this thread...mentioned that I wanted to check for "Special Rates & Discounts" attached to me or someone traveling with me...Still nothing...

I also try to let them know that I would like to return to WDW with my husband & kids in early 2011...if I just had a PIN attached to my name!

They all say...nope...no PIN attached...and they always say: "it would have been emailed to you" if you had a PIN #...

I'm going to just move on...hope that I do get a PIN for my upcoming trip in early 2011 with my hubby and kids! ;)

Good luck to everyone!

They are silly CMs!! I just called this morning because I got an email in my friends name with her Pin # and the CM I talked to said that people get Pins all the time and do not get them via email or postal mail so it's always worth trying!

Have those block out dates been confirmed? My aunt's family are going 22-27th (12 people total) 3 rooms at POR and I told my aunt about free dining but the regular Free Dining is blocked at that time. I wonder if their travel agent would be able to get them the Pin Code free dining..assuming maybe one of her kids would have a Pin to their name from a previous trip?? Let me know and I'll have to call her! It would save them tons of $$$ 6 adults and 6 kids!

Those were the dates on my email.

Dear Gary:

Sincerely,

Disney Destinations, LLC

PO Box 10,000

I did the same thing about 6 months ago. They told me it was taken care of but I still kept getting PINs in his name. The CM yesterday also told me that I should start getting them in my name now. But we'll see.

Just called to see if I had a pin code attached to my name and the CM said she could not check for a pin code. She said she could only apply a code that I gave her. Is this now the case?

Just called to see if I had a pin code attached to my name and the CM said she could not check for a pin code. She said she could only apply a code that I gave her. Is this now the case?
This is definately not the case. That was either a CM who doesn't know what she's doing, or one who's tired of checking for people. It seems that a huge % of people have PINs that never come to their email, and that they would have only known of by calling and checking. If the system worked properly, those PINs probably would have been sent out, but most CMs know it isn't always the case. Call back for sure.... until you get someone willing to check for you.

I think it depends on what CM you get. There have been mixed reports on here where some have gotten info, some haven't. In the 5 times I called in the past week, all CMs have been more than willing to give the info.

I wonder what number you called because I called this morning about a Pin code I got in my email (not my name on it) and went through that whole 5 min ordeal and had to type in a pin number (or say it) so I typed in the one from the email and when I finally go through, the CM I got looked mine up for me but it was not the regular reservation line I had called as it prompted me to enter a Pin #, I think it was a number for people with Pins? Maybe you could call that number? 407-939-7766. My CM was more than willing to look my name up and I had a pin but never got an email or postal mail!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter