O.K. Free Diners, where are you planning your ADRs?

OK, here's the list with our hopeful times:

Our trip is Sept 18-Oct 2

Sept 19:
Spoodles 5PM

Sept 20:
HDDR 7:15PM

Sept 22:
Chef Mickey's 9AM
The Wave 5:30PM

Sept 23:
Kona Cafe 7:30AM
Citricos 5:30PM

Sept 24:
Whispering Canyon Cafe 8PM

Sept 25:
Crystal Palace 8:05AM
California Grill 7:30PM

Sept 26:
Sanaa 3PM
Expedition Everest Challenge and after party 6:30-Midnight

Sept 27:
Donald's Safari Breakfast 8:05PM
Flying Fish Cafe 7PM

Sept 28:
CRT 8:05AM
Rose & Crown 7:15PM

Sept 29:
'Ohana 7:45PM

Sept 30:
Yak & Yeti 3:30PM

Oct 1:
Narcoossee's 8PM (last night tradition)

we'll be there sept 19-26

not sure of the exact dates til park hours are released, but, we did the FD last year and are trying to book different/new restaurants:

crystal palace (maybe 2x)
le celier (new to us)
50's Prime Time (new to us)
Boma (new to us)
Mama Melroses (new to us)
Chef Mickeys (new to us)

CS we just wing it.

Sept 26:
Sanaa 3PM
Expedition Everest Challenge and after party 6:30-Midnight

Have you done the EE Challenge before? DS & I are talking about what our special extra will be this trip (I always plan something special for just the two of us or for him & DH, to balance all the princess extras we plan for DD), and that's one of the things that he's expressed an interest in. Since he's developed an interest in running as off-season training for football, we're training together for a local 5K and he thought a run at Disney might be fun.

We'll be there Sept. 11-16. We're doing a surprise trip to celebrate dd's birthday and do MNSSHP.

Here are the ADRs we plan to make. I do make a couple of extra - we'll either pay out of pocket or if we end of cancelling some we won't lose our ts credits.

Breakfast: Crystal Palace, Ohana
Lunch: Sci-Fi, Chefs de France
Dinner: Chef Mickeys, Tutto Italia, Ohana, The Wave

This is our fourth year going and I'm hoping to try some new things. We've done and loved Crystal Palace, CRT, Cape May, Ohana, 1900 Park Fare, Chef Mickey and Le Cellier. Some listed here several times that I might try:

Chefs de France
Boma
Teppan Edo
Garden Grill

Does anyone know if our nephew joined us for a TS we could use one of our TS credits to pay for him?

This is our fourth year going and I'm hoping to try some new things. We've done and loved Crystal Palace, CRT, Cape May, Ohana, 1900 Park Fare, Chef Mickey and Le Cellier. Some listed here several times that I might try:

Chefs de France
Boma
Teppan Edo
Garden Grill

Does anyone know if our nephew joined us for a TS we could use one of our TS credits to pay for him?

To answer the question about your newphew joining you for lunch. Unfortunately they only allow those who are staying on the disney property with the dinning plan use it. So no, you could pay out of pocket for his meal and use the TS for those who are on the plan.

I posted earlier but Ill add them here. (DDP dates 9/8-9/15)

Fulton's Crab House (OOP)
Mama Melrose -Fantasmic Pkg
Coral Reef
Flying Fish
Sci-Fi
Spirit of Aloha*

*opinions on spirit of aloha vs. hoop dee doo review?

Have you done the EE Challenge before? DS & I are talking about what our special extra will be this trip (I always plan something special for just the two of us or for him & DH, to balance all the princess extras we plan for DD), and that's one of the things that he's expressed an interest in. Since he's developed an interest in running as off-season training for football, we're training together for a local 5K and he thought a run at Disney might be fun.

No, I haven't done it before but I am definitely looking forward to it!

I can't really tell you you should or shouldn't since I have no experience but I did go to http://disneyrunning.com/eec.html to help me decide on whether I wanted to or not. It looks so fun!

I have a lot of very popular choices, so I have several 2nd and 3rd choices if need be. I won't be crushed if I don't get any of these requests (much) :thumbsup2

Le Cellier - (New)

Ohana dinner- Kids wanted to try it again even though DS got sick in the car after our last visit there (nothing to do with the food)

Hoop De Doo (DH and I went before we had kids...I don't remember LOVING it, but I think the kids will enjoy it)

Teppan Edo (New)

Tusker House Breakfast (New)

50's Prime Time

1900 (New)

We'll be there 9/7-9/14 for our first family trip-so excited!

I am hoping for:

Crystal Palace (dinner, but I think we'd be happy with a late breakfast if we can't get dinner)

Chef Mickey's (dinner-do they do a lunch during free dining?)

Tusker House (latest breakfast possible)

Garden Grill (dinner)

Ohana's (dinner)

Le Cellier (lunch or dinner)

We are still trying to decide on our 7th choice and come up with back-ups. Considering Cape May, Sci Fi, Tutto Italia, WCC, Boma, Chefs de France...any thoughts?

We'll be there 9/7-9/14 for our first family trip-so excited!

I am hoping for:

Crystal Palace (dinner, but I think we'd be happy with a late breakfast if we can't get dinner)

Chef Mickey's (dinner-do they do a lunch during free dining?)

Tusker House (latest breakfast possible)

Garden Grill (dinner)

Ohana's (dinner)

Le Cellier (lunch or dinner)

We are still trying to decide on our 7th choice and come up with back-ups. Considering Cape May, Sci Fi, Tutto Italia, WCC, Boma, Chefs de France...any thoughts?

I like all your potential 7th options. We are doing Cape May, Sci Fi and Chefs de France on our FD trip. Cape May and Chefs are new for us so I can't speak from experience. I am REALLY excited about Cape May (dinner or breakfast are you thinking? We're doing dinner and I'm psyched for the clams!).

My dates are Sept 3-9th.
Here is my ADR planning list:
9/3-Boma
9/4-Liberty Tree Tavern / MNSSHP
9/5-Yak&Yeti
The other 3 nights hopefully will consist of Le Cellier, Coral Reef, and Sci Fi

I will be extremely flexible so that I can get Le Cellier.

I agree with Brymolmom that all your potential 7th choices sound good--except WCC--I wouldn't eat there unless I were staying at the WL.

If I had to pick among the rest of your choices, I'd go with Chefs de France so you get the chance to see Remy. He's there until 9/15 (I believe) and appears between 12:00 and 6:00 p.m. every day except Sunday.

I think when he's done at Epcot, he'll be headed to Disneyland in California, so the opportunity to see him is pretty unique.

If I had to pick among the rest of your choices, I'd go with Chefs de France so you get the chance to see Remy. He's there until 9/15 (I believe) and appears between 12:00 and 6:00 p.m. every day except Sunday.

I thought Remy was only there until September 5th? :confused3 Oh you have no idea how awesome it would be if he's there until the 15th! We would LOVE to see Remy - we :love: him! Can you let me know where you read he's there until the 15th?

Ohhhh, fingers are crossed tightly here! :banana::woohoo:

Ok so we missed the free dining by 3 days, but oh well. This is such a fun thread that I wanted to share too. Going for 10 nights arriving on Oct. 6.

Breakfasts: Chef Mickey's and Cinderella's Royal Table(OOP)
lunches: Rainforest cafe(OOP), Teppan Edo and Chefs de France
Dinners: Whispering Canyon Cafe, Tony's Town Square, Fulton's(OOP), 50's PTC, Coral Reef, T-Rex(OOP), Cape May Cafe, Ohana, Le Cellier.

I have le cellier and CRT on our last day so hopefully I'll be able to get those. If anyone has any advice or comments, please share.

Darn it, Lisa, you're right! He is scheduled to be at Epcot only until 9/5. My mistake! Sorry for the bad advice, Jana.

Well then, I'd say out of those choices for your 7th meal, Jana, Cape May and Boma will give you the most flexibility since you don't have to be at a specific park to eat at them.

Darn it, Lisa, you're right! He is scheduled to be at Epcot only until 9/5. My mistake! Sorry for the bad advice, Jana.

Well then, I'd say out of those choices for your 7th meal, Jana, Cape May and Boma will give you the most flexibility since you don't have to be at a specific park to eat at them.

Thanks for the tips! I wish Remy would still be there, it sounds SO cute! At least I have a while to decide, right?

I like your username, Lisalonglash. :)

I want to have dinner in the World Showcase on our arrival day. I was torn between choosing Chef's, San Angel, Tutto Italia, and Teppan Edo.

Once I read about Remy on-line, that sealed my pick!

Actually, I was leaning toward Chef's anyway because of the dessert choices. I don't normally choose a restaurant for their desserts, but on the DDP, you get an entree and a dessert, so it makes sense to consider the dessert menu when choosing some place on the basic DDP.

Neither San Angel and Teppan Edo have desserts that appeal to me, so that eliminated them. I ruled out Tutto because we get so many good Italian meals here in north Jersey. (I'm of Italian descent myself, and I'm a fairly accomplished cook and baker.)

I was left with Chefs, Remy or not!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter