O.K. Free Diners, where are you planning your ADRs?

JerseyJanice

A Disboards original...
I could have missed it, but I haven't seen a thread yet talking about where we're planning our ADRs for our upcoming Free Dining trips.

So I'll start by posting about mine. We are going in August and staying for 9 nights, meaning we get 9 TS meals. I learned the hard way last year to make a few extra ADR's that we can either cancel or pay cash for in case we don't get to all the TS meals we have ADRs for. So here's my list:

Chefs de France dinner -- We just have to try and see Remy. Also, the desserts at Chef's sound way better than those at San Angel and Teppan Edo.

Chef Mickey's dinner -- Been here on five trips and have loved it every time.

Cape May Cafe dinner -- Planning to eat here on our DHS night.

Ohana dinner -- See above comment about Chef Mickey's dinner. It's another must-do.

1900 Park Fare breakfast -- We loved it last year.

Boma's dinner -- DH and I hated this meal in 2002, but I'm going to give it another chance. (DH won't be on this trip.) Other people in my traveling group really want to try it to see the AKL.

SciFi late lunch or early dinner -- Can't beat the dark, cool atmosphere of this place. The burger and hot fudge sundae I had there last year were outstanding. Depending on whether we've made all of our TS meals by this point, we may pay OOP for this meal.

Coral Reef dinner -- Have wanted to try for ages.

Raglan Road dinner -- Loved it last year plus we have an authentic Irishman on this year's trip who wants to check it out.

Crystal Palace lunch -- This is a back-up ADR. We'll cancel it or pay cash if we've made all our ADRs.

1900 Park Fare dinner -- Been wanting to do this and meet the evil stepsisters. Love that strawberry soup.

So what's your Free Dining ADR wish list? :)

Going Sept. 12 - 22nd

CRT - Early breakfast hopefully
Crystal Palace - dinner
Liberty Tree Tavern - lunch
Chef Mickeys - dinner
Tusker House - Early breafast
Tutto Itallia - dinner
San Angel - lunch
50's Primetime - lunch
Sci-Fi Diner - lunch

So...my DD and I started looking at menus to pick some new places. Plus, she will be an adult this time so I wanted her to find things that appeal to her.

Here's the list:

Teppan Edo *new
O'hana - breakfast --which is our must do every trip
50's prime time - dinner *new
Hoop Dee Doo - we always wanted to try this but felt it was too expensive
Cape May Cafe - breakfast--we loved the dinner so it's breakie this time
Chef Mickey's - dinner
Crystal Palace - dinner *new

maybe: Sci Fi

We are going the end of August. Our hopeful ADR's are:
CRT for breakfast(oop)
Kona for Breakfast(oop)
Kona for Dinner
'ohana for Dinner
'ohana for breakfast
Coral Reef for dinner
WCC for dinner
Tutto Italia for Dinner
Park Fare for dinner
and I have one more...undecided...hmmm...

Good luck on getting CRT, Mrs. Grumpy! pixiedust:

You should book SciFi, Dancing Disney. It's cheap enough that you can pay cash if you make all your other ADRs. Let me tell you--there is so much concrete in DHS. It gets hot as Hades there in August/September. SciFi is such a welcome break from the sun!

Kim, I was tempted to try Tutto myself, but we have such great Italian restaurants in my part of Jersey, I figured we'd go French instead.

We are going for 11 nights and as you can see we're planning on a few signature places, hopefully...

Narcoossee's - Dinner
Teppan Edo - Dinner
Raglan Road - Dinner
1900 Park Fare - Breakfast
CRT - Dinner
Hollywood BD - Fantasmic
California Grill - Dinner

I know I am probably setting myself a difficult (or impossible!?) task but I have got lots of flexibility in days and times. Even accounting for not being able to go to CRT during the MNSSHP, I am also worried about getting the Fantasmic package but as the number of shows has been cut I think we have to try for the package.

We've chosen places that need 2 credits to allow us some days with no time restrictions - it is our honeymoon after all!!! :love:

If you can't get the package and don't have small children, UK Princess, I think you should consider trying to see Fantasmic during a second showing. I believe they usually schedule two shows on Monday's PM EMH. In the past, that second show was always a lot easier to get into than the first showing.

We'll have 9 TS credits each.

Maybe Chef Mickey's on our arrival day for dinner (or maybe a breakfast our departure day), if not we'll eat at T-Rex Cafe (I'm aware it's not on the DP) or maybe we'll just use a CS for Wolfgang Puck Express.

AK ~ Donald's Safari (late) breakfast

MK ~ Crystal Palace & The Plaza

DHS ~ Sci-Fi Dine In, maybe Mama Melrose (Fantasmic Dinner Package) ~ I'm not sure if we'll spend more than 1 day at DHS.

Epcot ~ Akershus (Princess Storybook), perhaps Gma & DS will dine someplace else (Rose & Crown) while DD & I dine with the princesses. Le Cellier &/or Coral Reef.

I can call on 7/3 (DD's 6th B~day) for our ADR's ~ good thing I have that day off work, I'll be calling @ 5am my time!

We will be there at the end of Aug....

Hoping for...
Teppan Edo...new to us, but many Hibatchi experiences at home.. want to see if there is a Disney version;)
Tony's Town Square... avoided on several trips, but went last time and really enjoyed it
Coral Reef... have been here before. Ok food, GREAT atmosphere
Sci-Fi....for lunch.. my kids absolutely love this place:dance3:
Kona.....last time we were here was '05 and we thought the food was great. And I love the Poly!
Le Cellier... new to us... have tried and failed to get ADRs on my last 2 trips
Ohana Breakfast... again, love the Poly and had some of our best and funniest character interactions, plus not a buffet, which my DH requests...

Good luck everyone!

You need to add more ADRs to that list, DisneyMomma.

After last year's trip, I will always book a couple of extra ADRs when on the dining plan (free or paid for). Things can happen that keep you from making all of them, and you can always cancel or pay cash for the cheaper meals late in your trip.

If you don't get LeCellier, MinnieTink, don't feel bad about it. I didn't find the atmosphere anything to get excited about--it literally is a cellar--and our service was really bad. Food was very good, though.

We are arriving Labour Day wknd & staying for 9 nights. Although this isn't our def list, these are some of our top choices. We also will be paying for some meals OOP. We had thought about upgrading to the DXDP but realized that it was cheaper to pay OOP for a few extras that we wanted. Also this is our DD's 1st trip & she will only be 2, so we are trying to keep it as fun as possible for her.
Chef Mickeys-dinner
Tusker House - breakfast
Ohana-Dinner
50's prime time - lunch
1900 Park Fare-dinner
Cape May -breakfast
Le Cellier -dinner
Coral Reef-Dinner
Teppan Edo-dinner (this is the only one that we have been to before & we loved it)
Crystal Palace-dinner
We might also see about a signature like Yachtsman.

Good luck on getting all the ones you want, Disneymomma! :tinker:

Candie, I'm glad to see you have the Crystal Palace on your list. When my son was 2 1/2, he loved it there! Those characters are so sweet with little kids.

Tigger sat down and colored with him, then the two stood up and practiced their bouncing together. :tigger: Pooh and Piglet hugged him to pieces. It was great, and I hope your family enjoys it as much. :sunny:

We're going Sept 25 to Oct 4 (9 nts) with the DxDDP upgrade.

Breakfasts:
  • Chef Mickey - We've done dinner but never breakfast. I'm actually hoping they'll open it up for lunch again since this will be on our free/sleep in day and we'd rather have lunch foods
  • Princess Storybook Breakfast at Akershus
  • Grand Floridian Cafe

Lunches:
  • Teppan Edo - A favorite of both kids, so a must do every trip.
  • Yak & Yeti
  • Brown Derby
  • Liberty Tree Tavern
  • Raglan Road or The Wave - On departure day, depending on flight times.

Dinners:
  • Artist Point
  • California Grill
  • Narcoosees
  • Jiko
  • Flying Fish
  • Le Cellier
  • Marrakesh
  • Kona Cafe - DS11's favorite
  • Spirit of Aloha

That's 24 of 27 credits planned. We'll use the rest for lunches on our waterpark days or to share CS here and there between ADRs.

We are going 8/16 to 8/23 & have DxDDP, so up to 21Ts meals. this far we are thinking of:

Breakfasts:
Park fare
CRT
Akershaus
Tusker house
Chef Mickey
Boma
Cape May

Lunches:
Crystal Palace
Sassagoula Floatworks(CS/oop)
50's Prime Time
Tusker House
Cosmic Rays(CS)
Chefs De France
Sci-Fi Diner

Dinners:
Garden Grill
Trails End
Park Fare
Spirit of Aloha
Hollywood & Vine(Fantasmic)
Liberty Tree(if characters return)

Arrival day 1 more oop/CS, then on to Disney Quest & maybe a late ADR at Planet Hollywood for desserts? Still working on backups.

Our dates are Aug 21-30

We decided to exchange some of our ts to cs if possible when we get there. Our TS will be

LeCellier(dinner)
1900 Park Fair (dinner) never been here
Chefs de France (dinner)
Crystal Palace (not sure which meal)
Hoop de do Review (dinner)

I might book a couple of extra adr's just in case. We really want to try to enjoy the parks more this vacation and not be running to a meal, and since it's free we don't need to get as much value out of it.

Good luck to getting what you want, Colleen and CNA. If I were upgrading to the Deluxe plan, I'd be booking a bunch of signature meals.

CindyCastle, last year, there were signs in the Magic Kingdom stating that their TS restaurants were sold out so you could exchange a TS for a CS and an extra snack or a mesh tote bag. It was offered at all the big CS locations there--Pecos Bill, Pinnochio and Cosmic Ray's.

Kim, I was tempted to try Tutto myself, but we have such great Italian restaurants in my part of Jersey, I figured we'd go French instead.

LOL I know, how you feel. This will be my first attempt at Italian in Disney. Jersey has some great Italian restaurants(I'm over by Philly) but me and my husband are both NY originals. We were both a liitle leery about trying Italian in Disney but I figured we give it a whirl. My husband refuses to eat in France. LOL He thinks it's "fru fru food" :lmao: I would love to eat there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter