O.K. Free Diners, where are you planning your ADRs?

Goto allearsnet.com and check out the menus and you will find plenty it's betterif you look yourself!
Cape may Cafe is a great buffet, Tonys town square seems to have great menus, Are you guys doing Grand gatherings? They seem neat and tips are included but they use 2 credits except tonys breakfast is only one!

Thanks for the information. I use Allearsnet.com menus all the time. And I know what my family likes. But the other 11 are the ones that I am worried about. I have sent them links to the menus and only one has gotten back to me. And her daughter was just diagnosed with being allergic to potatoes. And my BFF had two kids who like to smell their food before they eat it. I know it's a little strange, but this is what I am up against. So I am thinking we may do a few meals together and then they are on their own.

Thanks for the information. I use Allearsnet.com menus all the time. And I know what my family likes. But the other 11 are the ones that I am worried about. I have sent them links to the menus and only one has gotten back to me. And her daughter was just diagnosed with being allergic to potatoes. And my BFF had two kids who like to smell their food before they eat it. I know it's a little strange, but this is what I am up against. So I am thinking we may do a few meals together and then they are on their own.[/QUO

Maybe you would be better off with mostly buffet then if that is the case.

1900 Parfare
Crystal Palace
Chef Mickeys
Hollywood n Vine

If they like spagetti and italian dishes
Tonys Town Square
Mama melrose
Tutto Italia

Coral reef was really good also

This is my FIRST trip to WDW. I was thrilled that we have free dining. Going with DH, DS(9), DD's (7 & 1) This is what we planned for so far - hope we can get ADR for Sept 11-17

Akershus - Breakfast
Coral Reef - Dinner
Crystal Palace - Breakfast
Chef Mickey - Dinner
Ohana - Dinner
Tusker House - Breakfast
Mama Melrose - Dinner

Good choices since I'm trying to make it fun for the kids???

Simbee, you'd be taking on a Herculean task if you tried to plan meals for that large a group. The beauty of being with a large group at WDW is that everyone can use Disney transportation to do their own thing. Plan to do a few big meals together, then do your own thing most of the time. That's how we travel with other families.

:welcome: tjknitz! Chef Mickey and Crystal Palace would be my top two choices for your group, and I see you have them. :sunny: Hope your first trip to the World is magical! :wizard:

thunderbird, thanks for your nice post. You understand exactly what I mean about needing to make a back-up ADR or two. :) Did you see Brymolmom's post a few back? She stretches one TS into two small TS meals toward the end of her trip. That's another way of handling those back-up ADRs, and something I hadn't thought of until she posted it.

JJ--you're right--splitting meals (or splitting up for meals) works to stretch credits, too. And keep in mind that the restaurants overbook to compensate for no shows--Le Cellier told us they overbook by 30%! Of course, we always call to cancel so they know we aren't coming.

We're there 8/29 - 9/6. We have me, dh, ds7 and dd5:

Day 1 - Arrival - pickup takeout pizza from POP food court for dinner at the pool.
Day 2 - Full MK day. Late breakfast CP. Dinner - Cosmic Ray's
Day 3 - Typhoon Lagoon - CS. Dinner Luau (grand gathering with 20 people)
Day 4 - DHS - Lunch Sci-Fi. Dinner - Cape May
Day 5 - Daytime?? - Dinner Chefs De France
Day 6 - MK 1/2 day - lunch Columbia HH OR Tony's. Dinner WPE at DTD.
Day 7 - EPCOT all day - lunch - Yakitori House (new - can't wait). Dinner - LeCellier (hopefully)
Day 8 - AK morning - Donald's safari breakfast. Dinner POP food court
Day 9 - Leave early

I'm debating about the lunch at Sci-Fi and the lunch at Tony's...I'm thinking about dh and I splitting a burger at Sci-Fi (and maybe getting a milkshake as a drink and one as a dessert so we both get one??) - then we'd have one more credit to use and split at Tony's. We'd just have to pay OOP for the kids meals at Tony's. However, I wouldn't mind Columbia HH either. So I'm debating.

IF they have a 'trade in a TS' meal deal, we might just split one meal at Sci-Fi and trade the other one in. I guess I'll play that one by ear.

We tried Yakitori House last week, and everyone in my family loved it so much we ended up going back a couple of days later!

JJAnd keep in mind that the restaurants overbook to compensate for no shows--Le Cellier told us they overbook by 30%! Of course, we always call to cancel so they know we aren't coming.

:eek::eek::eek:

No wonder they're always running so far behind that we end up cancelling our ADRs there! Three trips, three ADRs, three rounds of checking in 10-15 min early to be told they're running 30min to an hour behind, three cancelled Le Cellier ADRs, three walk-ups elsewhere... I'm starting to wonder why I even get up early enough to book it! :rotfl:

Planning meals for a party of nine. Upgraded to the Deluxe DDP during free dining.

Breakfasts
-chef mickey's
-1900 park fare
-princess breakfast in Norway
-crystal palace

Lunch
-counter service(this way everyone can be doing as they please without having to worry about being somewhere to eat at a certain time!!)

Dinner
-hoop de doo revue
-kona
-narcoosee's
-california grill
-1900 park fare
-boma
-mama melrose
-coral reef

We have 8 nights and my tentative plans so far are:

Lunch:
Coral reef (Chef de France back up.)

Dinner:
Yachtsmans Steakhouse
Sanaa (if on dining plan) if not Jiko and will not do Marrakesh
Boma
Crystal Palace
Marrakesh or Tutto Italia
Mama Melrose
California Grill (not on dining plan but we want to eat here for our anniversary.)

Hoop De Doo
Tea at Grand Floridian (not included in free dining)
1900 Park Fare Breakfast
Cape May Cafe Dinner
Ohana Dinner
The Wave Dinner
:dance3:

We're very lucky to be having 14 nights with the DDP for free in Nov. so we're going to be able to try a few places we've not eaten at before.
So far I'm thinking:
Spirit of Aloha
Le Cellier
Coral Reef
Ohana
Boma
Le Chefs de France
Cape May Cafe
Chef Mickeys
Libert Tree Tavern
California Grill
Biergarten
I've got 4 months until I can make my ADR's though, so I think I've got time to decide :lmao:

I'm having trouble figuring out my 90 day mark when I can call. According to the calculator on wdwinfo I need to call on Sun 17th May, but the calculator on Allearsnet says I need to call Mon 18th May. I check in on Sun 16th Aug. Anyone else checking in on the 16th Aug? When are you phoning?

I'm having trouble figuring out my 90 day mark when I can call. According to the calculator on wdwinfo I need to call on Sun 17th May, but the calculator on Allearsnet says I need to call Mon 18th May. I check in on Sun 16th Aug. Anyone else checking in on the 16th Aug? When are you phoning?

We are checking in on the 16th as well, and I was told to make my ADRs on May 18th. :thumbsup2

We are going Aug. 16th thru 23rd, so we have 7 TS and 7CS to eat. We will be eating at some old standbys but we are trying some new places for us too!!

Tusker House Breakfast (new, our only TS breakfast, we eat light usually for breakfast and then eat a decent lunch and dinner)
Beaches & Cream Dinner (Out of Pocket and a standby for us)
Tony's Dinner (new for us, we will celebrate DDs 10th birthday here)
Sci-fi Dinner (new for us)
Teppan Edo Dinner (new for us, I'm excited about the one)
Kona Dinner (new to us and very excited to try this, we always eat at Ohana, so we are trying this to see if we like it!)
Crystal Palace Dinner (standby for us, we all like this for dinner, its a fav)
Biergarden Dinner (standby, kids love this one, and so does DH, he grew up in Germany so this reminds him of childhood)
50's PT Lunch (we ate dinner here last year and we loved it, so we decided to try for lunch before we go home this year, and this will be Out of Pocket for us too).

For our CS, we will be eating Casey's, Cosmic Rays, Main St. Bakery, Pizzafari, Commissary (we like it here, albeit opposed by many), and of course Earl of Sandwich (this is our favorite CS place to eat).

I do hope I get the ADRs we have chosen for our Aug. trip but I will have a back up plan just in case. We have set up 4 different options touring plans and the one we chose showcases these restaurants for us, so I have my fingers crossed we get these ADRs.

We're doing Deluxe Dining so will have quite a few.

9-12 Chefs de France(new) (L) Le Cellier (D)
9-13 Yak & Yeti (new) (L) Artist Point (new) (D)
9-14 Liberty Tree Tavern (new) (L) California Grille (new) (D)
9-15 Sanaa (new) (L) Flying Fish (new) (D)
9-16 unsure? (L) Yachtsman Steakhouse (new) (D)
9-17 Kona Cafe (B) Seaworld for lunch, Narcoossees (D)
9-18 The Wave (new) (L) Citricos (new) (D)
9-19 Kona Cafe (B) Rainforest Cafe (L) Airport for dinner

Going for free dining during Sept for the 2nd time:cool1:

Our plans so far:

1. Ohana (our 1st night tradition)
2. CRT lunch(paying OOP)
3. Mama Melrose Fantasmic Package
4. WCC(free refills on milkshakes, DS had 5 the last time)
5. Teppan Edo
6. Akershus(DD likes princesses, it's her Graduation Celebration)
7. Yak & Yeti
8. 1900 Park Fare (more princesses!)
9. Rose & Crown (during Illuminations, our last night tradition)

We may add a Sci-Fi ADR for a late lunch. My mouth is watering just thinking about it.(where is that drooling smiley?)

Going down Oct 3-9 which means 6TS credits. Myself (25), my Mom and my Dad, I've gone to Disney more than them so I want to show them some of my favorites and try some new things for myself. I'm also still up in the air about how I want to do my dinners, uninspired by DHS offerings so thinking about brown derby out of pocket because not worth 2TS to me.

1. Boma (Fav of mine, new to mom and dad)
2. Kona ("")
3. Le Cellier (new to me)
4. 50s Prime Time ( eh?)
5. Tutto Italia (new to me)
6. Whispering Canyon (new to me but up to MK suggestions maybe The Wave?)

If we did Brown Derby instead of 50s, we'd probably either do breakfast at Kona or maybe add in a lunch at Chefs de France?

Second thought glad it's 90 day adr window, I can't make up my mind!

Le Cellier - Dinner our first night
Boma - breakfast (can't wait to try it!)
Boma - Dinner (enjoyed this last trip)
Mamma Melrosa (Fantasmic package)
Grand Floridian Cafe (night we go to MNSSHP)

We haven't decided what our last TS will be used for. Suggestions?

Traveling with 2 little boys (4 & 8) so heavy on the character meals...
Since park hours have not been released yet I am not sure what order we will do these in....they are all dinners and I still need 1 more!

Crystal Palace
Ohana's
Mama Melroses (Fantasmic package)
The Coral Reef
The Garden Grill
Chef Mickey's

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter