Now Approaching... Sleepingbooty's Sept. PTR (We're BAAACK! 9/26)

Sleepingbooty

DIS Veteran
Now Approaching… Sleepingbooty’s September PTR

Table of Contents
Chapter 1. (You're here!)
Chapter 2. The Details
Chapter 3. Resorts: Will We Ever Agree?
Chapter 4. Shameless Wilderness Lodge Sales Pitch
Chapter 5. A Little Background Fluff
Chapter 6. "And this here's the TV..."
Chapter 7. And the Award for Best Picture Goes to...
Yikes! Help!
I'm Back, Baby!
Chapter 8. A Side Trip to Outer Space
Chapter 9. Cuz I'm the Decider!
Chapter 10. More Background Fluff
Is Wilderness Lodge Sold Out in September?
Chapter 11. It's Official! We're Booked Baby!
Chapter 12. What Kind of Disney Diner Are You?
Chapter 13. Taking the Planning to Another Level
Chapter 14. Disney Dining Utopia vs. Disney Dining Reality
Chapter 15. Disney Dining PowerPoint
Chapter 16. The Results Are In!
Chapter 17. Sorting Out the Mess
Chapter 18. A Little Twist
Chapter 19. Back In Action
Chapter 20. Real Life
Chapter 21. A New Toy
Chapter 22. Everyone in Your Seats, It's Time for Class
Picture of the Day 4/14
Picture of the Day 4/15
Chapter 23. Should I?
Chapter 24. Fortune Cookies
Chapter 25. 1000th Post Party
Chapter 26. I Need Your Help!
Chapter 27. Really? 1's, 2's, and 3's??
Chapter 28. A Spooky Twist
Chapter 29. Vintage Goodies
Chapter 30. In the Meantime
Chapter 31. Cocina Espanola, Ole!
Chapter 32. School's. Out. for. Summer!
Chapter 33. I Heart Amazon
Chapter 34. Eat My Bubbles!
Chapter 35. Shhh...Its a Surpise!
Quick Update - I'm back - 7/12
First Day of School
Chapter 36. A Mini TR - Lake Trip pt1
Chapter 37. Transportation Fascination
Chapter 38. Shoes & Bags!
Chapter 39. A Mini Lake Trip TR, part 2
Chapter 40. 25 Day To Do List
Chapter 41. Intravenous Tie Dye
Chapter 42. In Two Weeks I'll be....(Day 1)
Chapter 43. In Two Weeks I'll be....(Day 2)
Chapter 44. In Two Weeks I'll be....(Day 3)
Chapter 45. In Two Weeks I'll be.... (Day 4)
Chapter 46. 6 More Sleeps!
Chapter 47. Leaving Today!
We're BAAAACK!

Chapter 1. New Toilets – Could you ASK for a better Xmas gift?

Hey Everybody, and welcome to my Pre-trip report. Let me introduce myself:
I am Sleepingbooty: 35 year old mom, wife, trip planner and WDW fanatic. In the non-Dis world I go by Rebecca, Becca, Becky, etc.

Okay, here's me, you won’t see many other pics, as I’m usually the photographer. Oh, and I'm not blond now, and my hair's much longer, but that will probably all change again:

beckywallet.jpg

Hmm… now you’re wondering how I came by the screen name Sleepingbooty. No, the name doesn’t actually refer to my tired derriere. I first started my Disney obsession back in 2005 when I was planning our first family trip to WDW. I joined another Disney message board and had to think of a name. My youngest daughter was about 18 months old at the time, and her favorite princess was Sleeping Beauty, or as she pronounced it, “Sweeping Booty.” Which I naturally thought was adorable and quickly appropriated for my screen name. I don’t know if they ever ‘got it’ over there, they are quite a proper bunch and I think they were a bit scandalized. I think I have found a group of ….. more accepting (read: juvenile, potty-humor loving, and all around fun)…. People over here on the Dis. No one ever questioned my name here.

Joining me on this trip are my husband, Scott. He has learned to love WDW, of course not to my level of obsession, but he humors me:

Scottwallet.jpg

My daughters Jenna (9) and Lucy (6). Jenna is my sweet, sensitive soul, and Lucy is a fiesty, spirited little bundle of energy:

wdw09041.jpg

My parents, henceforth to be known as Nana and Papa. Papa is the reason for this Chapter's title. He is on my list right now.:sad2: He bought my mother 3 new toilets for Christmas. Yes, toilets. No, she didn't ask for them. No, they didn't need them - the house is only 5 years old. Oh, but these are special TALL toilets, you see, who wouldn't swoon over a gift like that? Yeah, I'd say he owes her a nice vacation, wouldn't you??!!

And possibly my brothers, who went with us in 2007:

IMG_1429.jpg

The dark haired one, Bart, is more likely to go. He is living in a state of arrested development: almost 30, still living at home (with no desire to leave), and working for my dad. The blond haired one, Ben, is less likely to go – since he has a real job. If he goes, he’ll likely bring his live-in girlfriend, Melissa. Maybe by that time she’ll be his fiancé, who knows. Here they are together:

MelissaandBen.jpg

So, that’s the cast. I’ll be back soon with the when, where, what and why...

Chapter 2: The Details

Wohoo! Did I make it in first? Going back now to see and actually read the installment. I'll be back!

Okay I'm back.

Hmm… now you’re wondering how I came by the screen name Sleepingbooty. No, the name doesn’t actually refer to my tired derriere. I first started my Disney obsession back in 2005 when I was planning our first family trip to WDW. I joined another Disney message board and had to think of a name. My youngest daughter was about 18 months old at the time, and her favorite princess was Sleeping Beauty, or as she pronounced it, “Sweeping Booty.” Which I naturally thought was adorable and quickly appropriated for my screen name. I don’t know if they ever ‘got it’ over there, they are quite a proper bunch and I think they were a bit scandalized. I think I have found a group of ….. more accepting (read: juvenile, potty-humor loving, and all around fun)…. People over here on the Dis. No one ever questioned my name here.
:lmao: Sad but so VERY VERY true!

My parents, henceforth to be known as Nana and Papa. Papa is the reason for this Chapter's title. He is on my list right now.:sad2: He bought my mother 3 new toilets for Christmas. Yes, toilets. No, she didn't ask for them. No, they didn't need them - the house is only 5 years old. Oh, but these are special TALL toilets, you see, who wouldn't swoon over a gift like that? Yeah, I'd say he owes her a nice vacation, wouldn't you??!!
Woohoo! You have a Nana & Papa too! The toilet story was cracking me UP. (Which I guess proves the theory you espoused in the first quote. )

Subbing...... popcorn::

I think I was hooked at the chapter title. :lmao: Toilets....:scared1:

I am joining in...maybe for the simple reason........I got a Roomba from my DH for Christmas. :sad2:

:lmao:

Wohoo! Did I make it in first? Going back now to see and actually read the installment. I'll be back!

Okay I'm back.

:lmao: Sad but so VERY VERY true!

Woohoo! You have a Nana & Papa too! The toilet story was cracking me UP. (Which I guess proves the theory you espoused in the first quote. )
Woohoo, you are first! :woohoo: Of course you did have a heads up that I'd be starting a ptr ;)

GB, would Tracy ever forgive you if you bought her toilets for Christmas??!!

I suspect you would NOT make that mistake :lmao:

Subbing...... popcorn::

I think I was hooked at the chapter title. :lmao: Toilets....:scared1:

I am joining in...maybe for the simple reason........I got a Roomba from my DH for Christmas. :sad2:

:lmao:

Thanks for joining in!:wave2:

Oh no, a Roomba! Well, actually for a domestic item, those are pretty cool... does it really work? Where does all the dirt go in that little thing? Hey, maybe this means he plans to be in charge of the vacuuming from now on?

There is a little holding place for all of the dirt in the Roomba. You have to empty it before using.

They work okay, but not like the cleaner that we already have.

Yep, he is in charge of the vacuuming now!

Happy New Year!

:cheer2:
!!Happy New Year!!
:cheer2:

There is a little holding place for all of the dirt in the Roomba. You have to empty it before using.

They work okay, but not like the cleaner that we already have.

Yep, he is in charge of the vacuuming now!

Happy New Year!

Then it was a good gift after all! Hey, I guess that means my dad is now in charge of cleaning their toilets! I'm SURE he didn't intend that!

Okay, at least I'm on the first page...darn that Biscuit!

Yep, he's quick on the draw! But hey, first page - no shame in that!
Thanks for comin over, Jordan! I'll be heading over to yours in a bit, as soon as I get the update posted...

Chapter 2. The Details

Well, as the title states, this is a September PTR. So, you guessed it. We’re going in September. We’ve been September people since the first free dining deal in 2005. That was our first trip to WDW, and as I didn’t know a whole lot about it, I only scheduled 3 days there before we headed to the beach. Here’s a picture of us on our first trip:

IMG_0100.jpg

Well, you never saw a group of people so bummed to be heading to a beach! We so wished that we’d booked the whole week at Disney. But you live and learn. We came back for a week in September of 2006 and 2007. Scott and I also did a 5 day trip in August of 2007 for our 10th anniversary. The girls STILL do not know we went to WDW. We just said Florida.:rolleyes1

2006:
IMG_0696.jpg

2007:
IMG_1535.jpg

Then in 08 we skipped it in favor of 10 days in So Cal (we managed 2 days at Disneyland, of course). Here we are in 08:
California172.jpg

So, in 2009 we were really ready to go back to WDW. We ended up going in May instead of our usual September – what a mistake that was! We had rain every day but one. Torrential rain. Monsoons. By the end of the week, we’d almost finished building our ark. Many Diser’s can attest – May 16th-23rd was the wettest week Orlando has ever seen. This day in Epcot was probably the wettest – the water in World Showcase was ankle high:

Disney200700533.jpg
So, yeah, we were anxious to get back to our usual week in September for our 2010 trip. We are in a year-round school district. The school year starts around July 20th. We are in for 9 weeks, then have our first 3 week break around September 20th. Then we come back for 9 weeks, off 3 weeks for Christmas, back for 9, off 3 for spring break – you get the drift. They get a 6 week summer. Some people find it a bit strange (mostly just people in other districts) but we love it. Fall is such a great time to go to Disney. No crowds, still summer weather, good discounts, love bugs… hmmm, I guess its not PERFECT, but still…

We are tentatively planning for September 18th – 25th. The only thing that might throw a monkey wrench in that is if my mom puts pressure on us to go the week of Labor Day. See, she only has a limited amount of vacation days from work, and she’s trying to finagle three trips out of it: a cruise, a week at the lake, and our Disney trip. I guess the only way it would work is if she took a week off over Memorial Day, 4th of July, and Labor Day, to take advantage of the built in holidays.

I’d rather not do that, I really like going during break. Plus, I’m thinking the week of Labor Day might be a lot more crowded than the end of September. Also, it kind of annoys me, because although Scott gets about 5 weeks of vacation time, we cannot afford to go on a cruise AND Disney – so I’m not real sympathetic to her dilemma.:rolleyes:

Anyway, either week, we’d likely be able to snag a good deal. Either free dining (we’ve gotten that 3 times), or something else. This past year we got in on the buy 4, get 3 deal. The only time we’ve never gotten a great deal was on our anniversary trip, when the best we could do was a AAA rate.

Anyone else hoping for free dining again in the fall? Back soon to talk resorts….

Chapter 3: Resorts: Will we Ever Agree?

Hey, our days will cross in September! We have been going in September for nearly 10 years now. This September is our 10 year anniversary trip (just started my PTR -- link in my siggy).

We were also there at the same time you were in May. Wasn't that rain incredible!!??!! It was my brother's first trip. He is joining us in September again and we told him that normally the rain isn't anything like it was last May.

Love your pictures from year to year.

Looking forward to learning more about your trip.

Hey, our days will cross in September! We have been going in September for nearly 10 years now. This September is our 10 year anniversary trip (just started my PTR -- link in my siggy).

We were also there at the same time you were in May. Wasn't that rain incredible!!??!! It was my brother's first trip. He is joining us in September again and we told him that normally the rain isn't anything like it was last May.

Love your pictures from year to year.

Looking forward to learning more about your trip.

Oh really? What are your dates? Nevermind - I'll just pop on over to your PTR!

Yes, the rain was unbelievable. We still had a good time - but I'm really hoping we do not have to wear ponchos every day on this trip :thumbsup2

Just wanted you to know, I'm gonna be keeping you company here! Need to go get lunch started now, but will be back very soon to read the whole thing and comment. Be back soon :)

First of all, I"m proud to be called "more acceptable", or was it more accepting in the roll call. This is a mighty fun bunch over here. And yes, we do love our potty humor. But we also care about one another a great deal.

Now, onto more important things. I like the way this started out- a huge "what they hey were you thinking?!" on your dad. Toilets?!! :scared1: Dude! how ever do you swoon your dear wifey? puhleeze. Tall toilets for "tall orders" is all I can imagine.

Your dates will miss the TC3 by about a week or less. That stinks!! A meet would have been over-the-top great!! Do re-think. Think group Grey Goosies...

YAY!! I made the first page!! I'm excited about reading your PTR, Rebecca!! :goodvibes (BTW--did you know that my first name is Rebekah--spelled differently of course--but I've always gone by Becky)

I'm here! We will see if I make on page 1 or start up page 2!

Your girls are ADORABLE!

3 toilets? Your mom deserves a trip.

First of all, I"m proud to be called "more acceptable", or was it more accepting in the roll call. This is a mighty fun bunch over here. And yes, we do love our potty humor. But we also care about one another a great deal.

Now, onto more important things. I like the way this started out- a huge "what they hey were you thinking?!" on your dad. Toilets?!! :scared1: Dude! how ever do you swoon your dear wifey? puhleeze. Tall toilets for "tall orders" is all I can imagine.

Your dates will miss the TC3 by about a week or less. That stinks!! A meet would have been over-the-top great!! Do re-think. Think group Grey Goosies...

More accepting IS more acceptable :thumbsup2

Oh, I forgot one "magical" detail - the toilets have special lids that you cannot slam, no matter how hard you try - swooning yet? Of course, my dad and brother would have to actually start putting the lid down for us to verify that:rolleyes:

YAY!! I made the first page!! I'm excited about reading your PTR, Rebecca!! :goodvibes (BTW--did you know that my first name is Rebekah--spelled differently of course--but I've always gone by Becky)

No, I didn't - but I thought it was probably SOME for of Rebecca/bekah, etc. Although, when I was working at my first teaching job in Nashville, I had a friend named Becky -and that WAS her full name. There were 3 of us - two Beckys and a Becca (me). Popular name in the South, I guess!

Glad you made it over here!

I'm here! We will see if I make on page 1 or start up page 2!

Your girls are ADORABLE!

3 toilets? Your mom deserves a trip.

Welcome!!

Thanks, of course I think they are, too, hee hee.

Yes, she does deserve a trip! And I'm sure you won't be surprised to hear that my dad, God love him, will spend $1500 on toilets, but will balk at upgrading resorts. He says he was perfectly happy at "Toy Story" (we stayed at ASM our first trip) :sad2:

Chapter 3: Resorts – Will we Ever Agree?

I think of myself as a pretty good planner, but man – some of you are WAY ahead of me. We are going in September, but we haven’t booked – or even CHOSEN our resort yet! Of course, I’ve been thinking about it since we got back from our last trip (okay, before that). But if I start talking about it out loud too soon, I get a lot of flak from the others in my family. You know what I’m talking about: “Didn’t you just go?” “Don’t you think about anything else” “We still have a year to plan” etc, etc. Plus, a lot of the decision is budget based. And I technically don’t know my budget until I do our taxes.

So, on our first trip we stayed at All Star Movies, in the Toy Story section (before it was an upgrade. We loved it, but we didn’t have a whole lot to compare it too, and we were only there for 3 nights.

IMG_0112.jpg

In 2006, we went with another family, but didn’t stay together. We stayed at Port Orleans French Quarter, the other family stayed at Coronado Springs – he had to have a gym – you can see why in this pic:

IMG_0667.jpg

We REALLY liked POFQ. The smallness, the beautiful grounds, bus transport was quick. When we went in August of 2007 for our anniversary, we stayed at Coronado. Although it was very pretty, and the buses were great – never had to wait, ever- the resort kinda left me cold. There was a big convention going on, and there were people in business attire all over. On the buses there were big groups of them talking about their conference – it just killed the buzz a bit. I want a complete escape from reality when I’m there – and the convention goers kept bringing me back to earth.

Anyway, in September of 2007 we went with my parents again, and this time my brothers joined us. We stayed at Port Orleans Riverside, in the Alligator Bayou section. I LOVED this place! It was so lush and green. Just really, really pretty. We had quite a long walk to the main building, but we did have a bus stop close to us. Now, the bus service wasn’t as quick as POFQ, what with having so many stops, but it wasn’t too bad. I really liked the the boat to Downtown Disney, also.

IMG_1568.jpg

In the fall of 08 we went to California instead of WDW. So in 09, I was really excited to go back. Originally the plan was to go during our regular week during fall break. Then, I decided I was going to go to graduate school in the fall (Lucy would be starting kindergarten, and I was struggling with what I wanted to do with myself :sad2:). I figured that I wouldn’t be able to take a week off from classes, so what to do? Well, they had that 4/3 special going so I convinced Scott we should go in May (I was jonesing for a WDW fix, it had been since 9/07!). We booked at week at Pop Century.

I was really excited to try Pop, as so many people really love it. And we did like it, but let me tell you, we'd gotten used to some of the perks at the moderates. We missed the extra sink, the coffee pot, the close bus stop, the slide at the pool. Okay, we didn’t miss the slide so much, because it rained everyday, so swimming was not something we spent a lot of time doing. Pop was fun and funky, and I'd stay there again. But I think we decided to stay at a moderate again on the next trip.

wdw09129.jpg

Until we had dinner at Whispering Canyon Café on one of our last nights of the trip. We fell in love with Wilderness Lodge! We knew that we really wanted to stay there the next time. I loved everything about it: the rustic lodgy-ness, the multiple areas to hang out in the lobby, the view of the lake, the pool, the fact that it was all one building and we wouldn’t have gotten near as wet if we’d been staying there…. You get the drift.

100_3878.jpg

So, that’s my first choice. Unfortunately, I still have to see if it will fit into our budget. I think it will run us about $700 more than a moderate. And, even if it fits into our budget, I’d have to convince my parents that it fits into theirs. It shouldn’t be a problem, they don't really have to budget like we do – its just the mindset, you know what I mean?

I’ve got to work on my sales pitch, but I’ve also got to have some other options ready. I'm workin' on a plan. We’ll talk about that next time…..

Chapter 4: Shameless Wilderness Lodge Sales Pitch

:thumbsup2 for Wilderness Lodge!

That's definitely Jeff's dream resort! With FD it makes it a WHOLE lot easier for me to justify a deluxe :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Gotta love fuzzy Disney math.

I'm hoping our tax return pays for the US part of our trip, we will see!

:thumbsup2 for Wilderness Lodge!

That's definitely Jeff's dream resort! With FD it makes it a WHOLE lot easier for me to justify a deluxe :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Gotta love fuzzy Disney math.

I'm hoping our tax return pays for the US part of our trip, we will see!

Oh yes, I know ALL about fuzzy Disney math! :rotfl:

Problem is, we've ALWAYS had either free dining, or a similar good deal - so those prices have become what we've come to expect - I don't even look at what it would cost without some special going! (Yes, I also only buy clothing on sale:rolleyes:)

The US part of your trip? Are you going out of the country also?

My vote is WL. C'mon, boat ride to the MK!!!! :thumbsup2

:lmao::rotfl2:

I know! I have to remember to list that on my "pros" column in the PowerPoint. BIG pro!

Oh yes, I know ALL about fuzzy Disney math! :rotfl:

Problem is, we've ALWAYS had either free dining, or a similar good deal - so those prices have become what we've come to expect - I don't even look at what it would cost without some special going! (Yes, I also only buy clothing on sale:rolleyes:)

The US part of your trip? Are you going out of the country also?

lol! No, US is Universal Studios. The Dark Side. We will have 3 nights on the Dark Side before we go to Disney. And it's peak season over there. I had a cheap deal all figured out but got overruled in favor of the Hard Rock Hotel and the fast passes that come with staying at a US hotel. But it's very pricey since we have to get 2 rooms...so it's going to cost us almost as much as our 7 nights in Disney!

Really hoping some deals come out but it's not looking good. Found something yesterday that should knock about $120 off so that's something. I did look at switching those nights to Disney but since it's before the rest of our party get there, we'd have to pay for 2 rooms or a pricier villa there as well. We'd save about $300 (well only $180 now if we apply the new deal I found yesterday) but would give up a lot so are sticking with the HRH.

I couldn't go to Disney without a deal! We actually have what is 99% a "free" week without a soccer conflict but it's during peak season so even with our PIN the cost would go WAYYY up so we aren't considering it as an option! Not to mention I have no desire to fight the crowds on the 4th of July!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter