Nothing to See Here...

I love "Elf"! That is a great movie! "The Santa Clause" is good as well. You know what else is a really good movie set during the holidays, but not about elves or Santa or anything? "Love Actually." I don't know if you like witty, clever romantic comedy-dramas, but this one is GREAT! It is one of my favorites. It is well made. If you haven't seen it, the movie focuses on a large ensemble cast in the two weeks leading up to Christmas in London. Everyone has a different 'love story,' and that includes all kinds of love. It's about an old has-been rock star who loves his manager. It's about a guy who is secretly in love with his best friend's wife. It's about a politician who loves his new assistant. It's about a widower coaching his stepson on how to express his love to a classmate. It's about a sad woman who loves her co-worker but can never be with him. It's about a married man whose secretary is in love with him. It's about a guy who can't find love in England so he decides to find it in Wisconsin!! And there are more little stories too! The thing is, they never dwell TOO much on each story. They just kind of give you little brief tastes of each one, so you get a sampling of the different types of love. I recommend that movie to anyone who hasn't seen it. It is very funny in some parts, very touching and heartfelt in others, and it has just enough Christmasy feel to it to be a holiday movie!

I think decorating and baking things helps to get everyone in the Christmas spirit! That is a good way to do it. I watch the Disney holiday specials on Travel Channel or on Food Network and that helps me too! Sometimes turning on Christmas music will do the trick. I don't know - just something about this year - it has been so bad for everyone that it just doesn't seem like it should be Christmas yet!

Oh, I just found out that there is supposed to be STUPID RAIN over the days I am at DLR!:mad: :mad: I hate that. Of course, the forecast could change, but for now it looks like rain is pretty set for the 21st, and even on part of the 20th. @#*&%!!!!!!! Arrrrrgggggghhhhh. I don't want to be there in the rain again - that will definitely deter my friends from wanting to get in pictures, AND there won't be snow in DLR if it is raining, or fireworks! *&%$#@!!!!!! I am not one of those who loves DLR in the rain. It is a pain in the *** and everything gets messy and the PhotoPass people aren't out. That sucks. You know what else is a pain? Having to pack extra 'rain gear' in my already bulky stuff! I already have an overstuffed suitcase. I hate having to bring an umbrella (even though it is a cute one) and a rain jacket and extra clothes to change into after I get soaked. It's a pain! But I will still go to DLR and try to not let it bother me too much. I will keep a positive attitude and HOPE that the rain gets delayed by a few days!:thumbsup2

I LOOOOVE Love Actually. I watched it in the theaters ;) Whenever my boy cousins talk about one the best chick flicks to watch, that is always on the top of their list. We watch it all the time. My mother and I love witty dialogue and british movies :laughing:. Both of actually like period pieces as well, so I've been watching Emma a lot lately. My mom was on sick leave a couple of years ago during this season so we were watching that movie, Sense and Sensibility, and Shakespeare in Love CONSTANTLY. So now whenever winter comes along, I try to watch them :)

That sucks that rain is coming your way :( I'm going to cross my fingers, toes, eyes, legs, and arms in hopes of better weather for you; especially since I know how much you LOOOVE DLR during Christmas! I'm sorry. You can tuck away from the rain and visit your favorite hotel, GCH. It will be beautiful!

You're so funny Sherry, "I even have lists OF the lists that I need to make!"

That is soo me too :)

It sounds like to me that you need to take a deep breath and remember that you are going to the happiest place on earth! No stress allowed! And yes you definitely should watch Aladdin, so I'm glad you're putting it in the itinerary !

If you met up with us, that would be fantastic !!! We could totally pose for a goofy picture together and I know that my family would be completely down for doing it, so you wouldn't be alone acting like a total dork in a picture ;) Yay !!!

Get some of your to do lists done soon Sherry, you only have a couple of days. If you need, I can be your cheerleader in this department !:cheer2:

Courtney and Jasmine - yes, the trip is on the horizon as of tomorrow!:yay: Thanks - I need all the cheerleading I can get! I am slowly chipping away at my list of what I have to get done! (But I still have my list of sublists I need to make, Jasmine!! Hee hee hee! I am glad someone else out there understands this madness!) I already called the Disney Dining folks and rearranged my PS's. So that hassle is out of the way. I went to the bank - which is very important to do before a DLR trip, as we all know. I took care of some other things on The LIST! I just have to go out and run some errands today and grab a few key things, and then tomorrow it is laundry and packing before Shawn comes to get me. Because she can't get out of work any earlier and it will be the Friday before Christmas, I think we will get stuck in bad traffic on the freeway heading back to Anaheim, but we may be able to beat the worst of it. If we were leaving even 30 minutes later, that could mean 90 minutes on the freeway, which is what happened in October! Then, when we get there, hopefully there won't be a ton of people in the line to check in at PPH - there shouldn't be because supposedly the hotel bookings are down, but it IS the weekend before Christmas so one never knows. I don't think that will be too much of a hassle. The worst problems will be the traffic going down there and the lines at the ticket booths. I have to stand in those lines to get the food vouchers that DLR finally gave me after my grumbling about my last bad Carnation Cafe experience.

Good news, though - it looks like there will be NO rain tomorrow, Saturday or Sunday! It will be COLD, which I LOVE! No rain until possibly on Monday, when it's time for me to go home!

Oh, and Jasmine - since you like "Love Actually" (such a great movie and perfect to watch during the holidays!) and other British movies, I assume you also like "Four Wedding and a Funeral" and "Notting Hill." Those are great too! In case you have never seen it, another excellent movie with a cleverly woven plotline is "Sliding Doors," with Gwyneth Paltrow. It is basically shows the two different paths a woman's life takes based on whether she does or does not get on a train. It is really good!

So, ladies (and any gentlemen who might be out there reading), I am off to continue crossing items off of ONE of the many lists, and revising some of the others. I tell you, it will all be fine once I am there. It is only the pre-trip stuff that's a pain!!! If I don't have time to post tomorrow, then I will post when I come back on Monday night. Have a great weekend, everybody!

I'm back! Woo hoo! I'm exhausted, my feet hurt beyond belief, I impaled my hand on my umbrella, I got soaked today in my remaining hours at DLR and my camera died because it got wet in the stupid rain, but I'm back and it was a GREAT TRIP!!!! And I didn't buy any souvenirs! Yay for me!!!:cool1: I took lots of pictures, I also had lots of PhotoPass pictures taken too, and so when I can get this new Trip Report together (I will just post in this same thread rather than start a new one), I will have a lot to write about. I even tried some avant garde black and white photos. We will see how those come out! Anyway, I will do what I did after my last trip - I will post the highlights/bullet points of the Trip on the main board today, and then do the 'real' Trip Report later - hopefully in the next day or two!:santa:

Sounds great except for the camera and the rain.:thumbsup2

Sounds great except for the camera and the rain.:thumbsup2

Exactly - all good except for the rain and the camera dying in the rain! Thankfully, the rain waited until the last day of the trip so it didn't ruin too many of my plans...and that camera was on its way out anyway. But I was soaked from head to toe today and it was a big mess! I just posted the highlights over on the main DLR forum, and I hope to take all my film in tomorrow to be developed so I can start the actual Trip Report with new photos!!! I also have to start my PhotoPass account right away so I can log on and see if they got all of my pictures and contact them immediately if any are noticeably missing. A couple of photographers were having trouble scanning the cards and warned that some pictures might not be on there. Others were so busy with the throngs of people that they were not paying good attention and I worried that they were not scanning my card after taking the pictures. So I have to check the account while my memory is still fresh and I can properly identify any that are missing. Hopefully none are missing, but just in case....

I will post the highlights/bullet points of the Trip on the main board today, and then do the 'real' Trip Report later - hopefully in the next day or two!:santa:

Hi Sherry, Welcome Back! let us know where the TR will be!

Sherry, welcome back, can't wait to read about your trip and see all the photos. :goodvibes Sorry about the rain but glad to hear that it held off until your last day. :goodvibes

Welcome back Sherry! :wave2: Can't wait for the full report! :hyper: Glad to here you had a great trip and I hope your feet and hand feel better soon.

Sherry, sorry to hear that you aren't feeling well, that is never fun. Hope that you are feeling better soon. I sent you a PM the other day, hope it went through, that is awesome that you got all your pictures uploaded, can't wait to start reading the trip report and checking out the photos, were you able to order your photopass CD?? How did that work out with the Hook pictures?? Feel better. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter