• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

No response to Dining Plan Complaint...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love Disney, but really. How much responsibility does one have to take? Getting info. from Disney should be enough :confused3 . Why should the average consumer have to go to many other sources to get the real story about the dining plan? Its poor customer service - I would feel that way if any corporation made this mistake. If a hotel rep. told me a free full breakfast was included in my stay and they gave me only donuts, I would feel tricked. Would it be my fault, because I didn't scan the web to make sure it wasn't a trick or a mistake? Isn't there any level of responsibility on Disney's part to have correct info. for their customers?

And not responding to an e-mail for 6 weeks is also poor customer service.

Totally, totally, totally agree. WDW had the info at their fingertips when this person called on January 3, 2008. She asked if there were any changes she should know about. She had a video that was dated 2007 but was sent to her in September, 2007. It was totally realistic for her to expect either CM to make mention of the DDP changes.

While I don't think she deserves compensation (and I've now said this for the third time), I do believe that the level of customer service WDW is providing their patrons is steadily declining. And I do have to say (for the second time) that had I been the patron who showed up at WDW on 1/1/08 and discovered the changes to the DDP, I'd be one angry individual. I'm sure it happened to a number of people. And I'll bet you dollar to donuts that WDW won't see them on the DDP again.

As a result, we are walking with our vacation dollars (this is for the poster who suggested that no one is walking away from WDW). We no longer eat onsite and we're now making plans to hit the new Hard Rock Theme Park this year. Our next trip to FL will include US/IOA (and probably stay onsite there) as well as Seaworld and Discovery Cove, all of which we've enjoyed before. We're changing our focus.

Where do the call center reps live? Indonesia? Let's just say they do, how impossible is it to enter information into a central database where it can then, be easily accessed and/or updated by computer and if necessary relayed to the customer?
Then Guests and potential Guests should be contacting Disney-the-corporation stating THAT and expressing their general and specific dismay with the misinformation being provided (not stating on an Internet forum that Disney should give them some type of compensation).

I love Disney, but really. How much responsibility does one have to take? Getting info. from Disney should be enough . Why should the average consumer have to go to many other sources to get the real story about the dining plan?
They don't. They merely 'have to' visit the OFFICIAL source - disneyworld.com - for the accurate information.

They don't. They merely 'have to' visit the OFFICIAL source - disneyworld.com - for the accurate information.

They should be able to get correct info from the CM's also. I just don't get why people think it's ok for them to give out false info. I really wonder if those people would feel the same if it was a company other than Disney and it was them that had been misinformed. :rolleyes:

It's NOT 'okay', but it happens. People are people, not automatons.

Is it right for not all of Disney's CMs to have and provide the accurate information? Of course not. Does anybody have any reasonable suggestions for how to get 60,000+ employees on the same page?

Is it right for somebody who got incorrect information, then (from any source) the correct information BEFORE, in this case, their trip to expect compensation from the company? Nope, not at all. There's nothing to be compensated FOR (and I really hate ending a sentence with a preposition, but "there's nothing FOR which to be compensated" doesn't have the same effect).

Is it right for Disney to not respond personally to the OP's two (I think) e-mails? No, but it happens. With over fifteen million visitors a year, Disney gets a LOT of e-mail. Perhaps the OP should try snail mail - maybe certified, return receipt, some way to know that it was received.

If that's the route the OP chooses, expressing disappointment over the misinformation will likely be more effective (and get a more positive response) than an emotional "Your Cast Member lied, I want compensation".

Then Guests and potential Guests should be contacting Disney-the-corporation stating THAT and expressing their general and specific dismay with the misinformation being provided (not stating on an Internet forum that Disney should give them some type of compensation).
For the record, I have no qualms with Disney, whatsoever. I'm a savvy shopper, who knows exactly what to ask, what to look for and I obsessively research always looking for something better or for a possible loophole that needs to be addressed. This all started as a teen when I purchased my first gym membership at Bally Vic Tanny's and didn't read the fine print.:laughing:

Anyway, what's wrong with expressing your concerns on an Internet forum to ask a question? OP felt she was wronged and felt entitled, came here for opinions and got slammed. In her defense, she asked if this has happened to others and whether she should continue to push this further?

I agree with everyone regarding compensation, I don't understand the open hostility toward the OP, like she's this evil panhandler out to destroy Disney. In spite of this, I think this has been a great learning experience for the OP and countless others. An educated consumer is the best consumer. :thumbsup2

If that's the route the OP chooses, expressing disappointment over the misinformation will likely be more effective (and get a more positive response) than an emotional "Your Cast Member lied, I want compensation".[/QUOTE]

You are confusing the original post with mine. The OP did not say Disney rep lied. I did. And I did not ask for compensation. The OP did but compensation could merely be a refund for the service he had already paid for. He never ask for something he didn't pay for. I ask for clarification. I got a response that I could cancel my dining plan if I wanted to. Again that wasn't clarification. I specifically ask the Disney rep in January of 2008 what was included for my money on the 2008 Dining plan and she specifically told me that tips were included. That is why I said she lied. If she was unsure she should have checked before she answered my question. To me that is the issue.... why lie if you don't know and what else don't I know? And why should I be expected to know if someone who works there doesn't know. I haven't paid and won't until someone goes over my whole plan with me. Otherwise I plan on having a wonderful vacation.

Sorry - I was under the impression that the information was not very clear on the official website at the time the OP booked.

I REPEAT!!! if you don't like the plan then you have plenty of time to cancel, no harm done. There are always people out there that want something for nothing..

I REPEAT!!! if you don't like the plan then you have plenty of time to cancel, no harm done. There are always people out there that want something for nothing..

Who wants something for nothing?

Hi all, I’m new to the boards!:hippie:

In September 2007, Disney sent me the Planning DVD and Dining Plan pamphlet. Both referred to the 2007 plan. Logically, if I am requesting the info in September, I am assuming that Disney will send me valid information for the coming months.:sad2:

On January 3rd 2008, I called the Disney Reservations to book for August 2008 (10 days at the Coronado with DDP) No mention was made of the changes to the DDP even after I mentioned that I had received the DVD in September and asking if there was anything else that I should know.

In February, I heard about the changes to the DDP and was quite upset that this was not mentioned to me when I reserved. Also, it would have been very easy for Disney to have included a small note with the DVD informing me that there would be changes in 2008. Nothing on their website either, except for the fine print on the new version of the DDP pamphlet (which I never looked at since I believed Disney had sent it to me in September!)

I sent a polite email stating my dissatisfaction at the way this was handled by Disney, that the changes should have been clearly explained either on their website, or by Reservations. I then requested if any compensation would be available to me, since I did not enjoy starting off my Disney “Adventure” thinking I had been mislead.

I received absolutely no response to my email, aside from the automated response thanking me and stating that “Your message is very important to us and we'll be getting back to you as soon as possible” I waited 3 weeks and sent them a “reminder” note, telling them that this was not the customer service I expected from Disney. It has been 3 weeks since I sent the second note and still no response. :hourglass

I am now more upset at the fact that Disney appears to be ignoring me that at the changes to the DDP!! Should I push this further? Has anybody else made complaints to Disney and did you get any response?

I am not too pleased with the Mouse right now…:mad: :mad:

Karyn

Who wants something for nothing?

This is part of the OP original posting..
I sent a polite email stating my dissatisfaction at the way this was handled by Disney, that the changes should have been clearly explained either on their website, or by Reservations. I then requested if any compensation would be available to me, since I did not enjoy starting off my Disney “Adventure” thinking I had been mislead

:confused3 :confused3 Also I would be sympathetic to the OP if you got the DDP then went to Disney not knowing, the OP has 5 months until her vacation plenty of time to cancel the DDP..

Wow, this is genius. How ever did you come up with this? :thumbsup2

Wow - for someone who later claims to not understand why the op would "get slammed" or understand "open hostility" you sure don't mind turning up the heat yourself.

Umm, that's what she just said, she never mentioned anything about "CMs" in her last statement, that's your own little made-up concoction.:thumbsup2

The PP, before my post you responded to, was specifically discussing information available from CMs. I was simply expressing my opinion that information received here based on what actually is happening day to day at the world is infinately more valuable than what anyone will tell me on the phone at central reservations. I have no idea where the attitude is coming from.

Where do the call center reps live? Indonesia?

The bulk of reservations is done through their Tampa call center. While this is not in Indonesia the employees are probably not skipping through Magic Kingdom every weekend keeping abrest of the changes.

This is not cardiac thoracic surgery

They also aren't compensated like surgeons. The Unofficial Guide is 750 pages long. How quickly could you memorize every detail?

Anyway, what's wrong with expressing your concerns on an Internet forum to ask a question?
Not a thing. But there is no person on this forum who can do anything for the OP. None of us is Disney. None of us makes decisions for the company. None of us contacts customers/Guests who have complaints.

You are confusing the original post with mine. The OP did not say Disney rep lied.
You're right. That happens sometimes when a poster pops into a thread with their own experience instead of responding directly to the original post.
The OP wasn't lied to; as far as she is concerned, her questions did not get answered clearly (not putting the onus on the OP, but asking, "Is the 2007 planning video accurate for 2008?" might have gotten a more specific response than "Is there anything else I need to know?", especially if that question was not IMMEDIATELY adjacent to the statement, "I have the 2007 planning video...."

Not a thing. But there is no person on this forum who can do anything for the OP. None of us is Disney. None of us makes decisions for the company. None of us contacts customers/Guests who have complaints.

Well if people had to limit their thread topics to things that we could fix for them then their would be about half as many threads.

You're right. That happens sometimes when a poster pops into a thread with their own experience instead of responding directly to the original post.
The OP wasn't lied to; as far as she is concerned, her questions did not get answered clearly (not putting the onus on the OP, but asking, "Is the 2007 planning video accurate for 2008?" might have gotten a more specific response than "Is there anything else I need to know?", especially if that question was not IMMEDIATELY adjacent to the statement, "I have the 2007 planning video...."

Again why is it the consumers responsibility to assume that they are being sent info that will not be valid for there trip when the CM they are talking to knows when they are taking the trip. :confused3 I ought to quit asking cause it is pretty apparent you and I are not going to agree on this topic. :)

Common sense. If you request information in 2007, and it's DATED 2007, there is no reasonable reason to expect that absolutely nothing will change in 2008 (compare last year's tax form to this year's; in addition, due to the AMI calculations some information on this year's tax form changed even after the current forms were printed). Combine that with the pretty much STANDARD business disclaimer, "subject to change without notice", and it's ultimately the responsibility of the consumer, the person SPENDING the money, to be aware what that outlay covers.

This is part of the OP original posting..
I sent a polite email stating my dissatisfaction at the way this was handled by Disney, that the changes should have been clearly explained either on their website, or by Reservations. I then requested if any compensation would be available to me, since I did not enjoy starting off my Disney “Adventure” thinking I had been mislead

:confused3 :confused3 Also I would be sympathetic to the OP if you got the DDP then went to Disney not knowing, the OP has 5 months until her vacation plenty of time to cancel the DDP..

You have a point - I agree that someone shouldn't be compensated who still has time to make a change. (Guess I got carried away with my opinions :lmao: ) I do still maintain that Disney has messed up in communicating the DDP changes to its customers. This is not a small thing. Would it have been hard to indicate the changes on the confirmation letter? If they can print the code I used on mine, they could print a couple sentences about the 2008 plan :confused3 .

To Canadianmouse: You have accurately described the situation. And while I was ducking the mashed potatoes I checked out the other forums here. I learned that I can't use my card on the day I check out, I learned that many resturants may or may not be limiting what you can purchase with our ddp and I learned that I can't count on the buses getting me where I want to go. All false of course but it only proves that no one seems to have all the right information. And there doesn't seem to be anywhere that I can accurately research the information so that I can be a good consumer. And this is laughable....I got a new video Saturday. You guessed it...it's the same. Sadly no one has given you advice on your original question. How do we let Disney know that bad information is still being given out if all our emails are being ignored? And you will laugh at this...I've decided to go deluxe so I can spend more in tips. I did the spreadsheet and it's saving us about $1400. There's my tip money. And now the DxDDP is merely a convenience. (There are 18 of us). I am so excited that even this food fight is laughable. I never knew I was so dumb. And now while I am thinking about it I am going to call Disney to see if the room fee includes beds.

They should be able to get correct info from the CM's also. I just don't get why people think it's ok for them to give out false info. I really wonder if those people would feel the same if it was a company other than Disney and it was them that had been misinformed. :rolleyes:

It's NOT 'okay', but it happens. People are people, not automatons.

Is it right for not all of Disney's CMs to have and provide the accurate information? Of course not. Does anybody have any reasonable suggestions for how to get 60,000+ employees on the same page?

The bulk of reservations is done through their Tampa call center. While this is not in Indonesia the employees are probably not skipping through Magic Kingdom every weekend keeping abrest of the changes.

I have issues with this as well. I worked in a large call center, and then worked in quality services. We were an outsource center and we were still able to receive updated accurate information. As a company we provided a resource for agents to refer to and then we monitored them to ensure that they used it. For some reason Disney does not find it necessary to create a database for their CM's to refer to and that just boggles my mind. People here seem willing to accept that things change and CM's simply cannot keep up but I wonder if this viewpoint would be the same if there were not giant forums to utilize. Disney customers should be able to trust that their information that a CM gave to them over the phone is accurate. They should not need to search the internet to find out if the CM was right. Most companies need to create a system that provides their customers with complete and accurate information or they would find their call volume snowballing. From an operations standpoint alone this makes sense.

A database that any CM can access from anywhere they are located is one method that would assure less repeat calls. It really should not matter where the call center is located agents should have information that is accessible and is accurate. When you call your insurance company the agent does not need to be in the building that holds your records to provide your plan details. The CM should not need to be perched on a bench in the MK in order to answer reasonable questions.

I believe that as consumers we would not accept this type of customer service from any other company and while I understand that mistakes do happen I cannot understand why people attack those who are irritated with inaccurate Disney information. Yes, it is important to research but if you ask all of the right questions when you call you should not have to be surprised upon your arrival because changes happen and CM's cannot keep up. This occurs in every industry and I would not accept that the information my insurance agent can be wrong because she is not located in my area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter