• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

No response to Dining Plan Complaint...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, I did ask a question and received not one single answer out of the 117 responses to my post! :confused3

I did not ask if it was ethical for me to (gasp!) request "compensation" (learnt my lesson there...) but if it was "normal" to get no response to my complaint (whether it be legitimate or not). THAT was the point of my original post!:rotfl:

OP;)

On the first place you just to seem to like to "stir op the pot"

On the second place you did not answer the question why on earth you did not look on the original Disney Site.

On the third place if you are really speaking the truth maybe the Disney people just got tired with your moaning.

I think tread thread has come to and end because there no answers and I think the only reason you opened this thread is to get everyone upset.

On the first place you just to seem to like to "stir op the pot"

On the second place you did not answer the question why on earth you did not look on the original Disney Site.

On the third place if you are really speaking the truth maybe the Disney people just got tired with your moaning.

I think tread thread has come to and end because there no answers and I think the only reason you opened this thread is to get everyone upset.

Which I think proves my point further. OP wasn't moved to create an account and post on DIS until something bad happened. People usually don't feel motivated to give an opinion on something unless it's a bad experience. To "stick it to" the business in hopes they'll get even for treating them that way.

How about contributing something helpful to the community instead of coming on here to complain as your introduction? :idea: And then sit here and continue to poke fun just because you didn't like the response you received?

Which I think proves my point further. OP wasn't moved to create an account and post on DIS until something bad happened. People usually don't feel motivated to give an opinion on something unless it's a bad experience. To "stick it to" the business in hopes they'll get even for treating them that way.

How about contributing something helpful to the community instead of coming on here to complain as your introduction? :idea: And then sit here and continue to poke fun just because you didn't like the response you received?

:thumbsup2 :lmao: :thumbsup2

Actually, I did ask a question and received not one single answer out of the 117 responses to my post! :confused3

My reply you quoted was directed very specifically at another poster. And, I think you have gotten a fairly resounding no you should not proceed further if further is an attempt to receive some form of compensation.

You know I keep reading responses like this and it saddens me.
There are two sides to every story. Disney sells itself on an image of "perfection" that they choose to market because selling dreams is big bucks. If they are going to set that standard then perhaps it's not so wrong to expect them to live up to it.

If someone who represents this company fails to do even an adequate job (as was the case with the person who asked the right questions and was outright given the wrong information) then yes by all means Disney does owe some sort of compensation. Not something big mind you, but maybe an extra TS credit or two. That was the kind of customer service that Walt built into his parks in the first place... and it is on Walt's reputation that the current corporate pirates are currently trying to trade in on.

I see post after post on these boards about how the service at Disney is slipping across the boards, maybe that's happening because even when someone speaks up with a valid complaint they are shot down - because God forbid anyone dare hold Disney to it's promises and to the level of customer service it likes to claim. As long as there are so many voices shouting that we should just allow Disney to get away with making mistakes and offering crappy service, they will do so. Why? Because shoddy service doesn't cost so much and they can get away with it.

This is the underlying problem. People think they're always entitled to something if they're inconvenienced. And that REALLY bugs me. Why do you think you're entitled to anything just because someone made a mistake that you didn't suffer any damages from? :headache:

In the case of OP, it just sounds like because they paid $2500 in plane fare alone (ie, they spent a lot of money on this trip) that they're entitled to a perfect vacation. And anything less than perfect, they expect "compensation" for. Disney made a mistake. I've been a customer of other venues that have made mistakes. Was I annoyed? Yes. Did I expect anything in return? No. You have to learn to roll with the punches and realize that to err is human. Or, if you'd prefer, poopie happens.

That's why I try to empower myself with knowledge and information as much as possible to avoid inconveniences like this. It stinks when you're unpleasantly surprised while on vacation. Why do you think there's so many travel books written? Because most people like to research what they're buying beyond the sales pitch. They don't just blindly say, "Oh, here's my money, Disney/Italy/St. Lucia! Book me a perfect vacation!" :confused3

Hi Allison ,

Actually, I believe you are the only who directly responded to my question:lovestruc
But I assumed you were telling me that I shouldn't push the "compensation" request any further (which I am not, BTW) What I wanted to "push further" was the fact that they had not responded to my email, even though they had responded very rapidly to other questions I had.:) If I misunderstood, I apologize.

Tloft: I mis-used your quote, I am truly sorry. I was basically trying to refer to the comment that was made at least twice about asking a direct question and I wanted to point out that I had asked a question but that the whole direction of the post went towards my use of the word “compensation” instead of my actual questions.

To others who have replied with nasty comments: I have been polite in all my postings. I have never insulted anyone or called them names. I never had any intent to "stir anything up" or cause any fights. I was actually astounded at the growth of this thread and at the varied opinions that were stated. Any laughing smilies :rotfl: :laughing: :lmao: were never directed at any posters but at the whole situation that just seemed to grow out of hand (with very few posts from myself, actually) My reference to this resembling a foodfight was in no way meant as derogatory since a foodfight is usually done for fun and everybody remains friends at the end (as opposed to using the words fistfight or catfight). I have never made fun of anyone but I did see this response to someone nastily slamming me:
So who is making fun of who?

I have been insulted, slammed, laughed at and misquoted. It is disappointing to see people responding to a post like that, especially on a board dedicated to the happiest place on earth. I completely accept when someone does not agree with me, differing comments are always appreciated; it allows you to see things from another's point of view. But the slamming really wasn’t necessary.:guilty:

"To all who come to this happy place: welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts which have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world."​
-Walt Disney
Dedication of Disneyland on July 17, 1955
Disneyland Town Square, Main Street, U.S.A.

OP;)

Nancyg56 said:
The call center I worked for was a global company, we accepted business from cell phone companies, health insurance networks, television programs that solicited calls from viewers, land line telephone companies, credit card companies and brokerage firms. I will not even pretend that we did not make mistakes but I will say that we took active measures to ensure that information was complete and accurate and that we had tools available for our agents so that they were able to access information quickly and accurately.
I say this with 100% sincerity - maybe your marketing people should be contacting Disney. Gather information from this and other forums, and show Disney how much misinformation is being provided by their Cast Members (usually I deal in percentages, but while there are a lot of complaints by count, there are relatively few in comparison to ALL the calls and e-mails Disney gets).

Mermaid Ariel said:
and I'm sure there's plenty of other people who do receive correct information but aren't motivated to post about it.

For instance, I received wonderful information for our December 2007 trip. I didn't make it a point to make a thread and say, "Received correct information! YAY!"
Yeah! What she said! So: I called Disney today to see if I could change the dates of my Future Stay (commonly known as BounceBack) package in September. I spoke with a VERY nice Cast Member, who, when she found out I had that package, had to transfer me to another desk - and about every THREE SECONDS, updated me on what she was doing and how long it would take to connect me. Then I got another wonderful, pleasant, happy Cast Member who was easily able to accommodate me!

CanadianMouse said:
Actually, I did ask a question and received not one single answer out of the 117 responses to my post!
Yeah, I think it was that 'compensation' thing that distracted everybody. So: Yes, I have not been contacted by Disney following the "we have your e-mail and will get back to you" automated response. I wrote three different e-mails after my last trip, addressing three entirely different issues. I actually only got a second response to one (and, now that you remind me, I haven't written back!). It happens. It could be the volume of e-mail Disney gets; it could be the tone of the e-mail sent; it could be the legal issues involved - back to that compensation thing again, I'm sure most CMs aren't authorized to respond to that.

Once more (and if I didn't say it TO you, I did say it somewhere in this thread) - TRY SNAIL MAIL.

fey spirit said:
There are two sides to every story. Disney sells itself on an image of "perfection"
No, they don't. Disney sells itself on the image of "magic", and when you come right down to it, magic is entirely illusionary.

OK would you snarky women stop it with the necktie party! CanadianMouse was not nasty or rude in her original post. Sorry I didn't log on sooner and spare some of this pointless snarking.

To your question: "I am now more upset at the fact that Disney appears to be ignoring me that at the changes to the DDP!! Should I push this further? Has anybody else made complaints to Disney and did you get any response?"

Should you push it further? No because it really has no point. If it makes you feel better to send a letter, calm and well worded to the top, ccing the various managers in charge of the call center recommending better training, do that but don't expect an answer.

I have made complaints to Disney. The things that happen in person at the resort "tend" to get a better response.

Example: I had a phone issue (which is why I book through Dreams Unlimited and skip dealing with them altogether). They had the wrong info. They didn't apologize, I wrote a letter, only got a form letter back. No call. I wouldn't expect more.

In person we were awakened at Wilderness Lodge at 2AM with music BLARING from the Magic Kingdom as they "tested" the sound system for Grad Night. I went to the desk in the morning VERY upset. It seems that people were complaining from all of the Deluxe resorts that night to the Park. Way to go - PO your high paying guests. They said they would call the Park to keep it down but couldn't guarentee if wouldn't happen that night as well. I wasn't paying to stay in a Value. They didn't comp the night. If I pushed it, they may have but I don't know. I decided since the gal was nice that I would wait and see if there was a repeat. If so, I would have wanted money back. The sound was kept at a reasonable level the next night.

So I understand your issue. I personally am looking at paying ala carte for my 2009 trip if things don't change and I've paid for dining for years. The changes aren't worth it to me but I don't have a large party.

Hope this answers your questions.

OK would you snarky women stop it with the necktie party! CanadianMouse was not nasty or rude in her original post. Sorry I didn't log on sooner and spare some of this pointless snarking.

:rotfl2: Sorry but how was you logging on sooner going to keep people from debating this topic. :confused3

If someone who represents this company fails to do even an adequate job (as was the case with the person who asked the right questions and was outright given the wrong information) then yes by all means Disney does owe some sort of compensation. Not something big mind you, but maybe an extra TS credit or two. That was the kind of customer service that Walt built into his parks in the first place... and it is on Walt's reputation that the current corporate pirates are currently trying to trade in on.

Are you KIDDING? :scared1: Seriously? Wow, so if somebody makes a mistake that automatically entitles them to a free dinner? :lmao: Yeah, I'm sure that's exactly what Walt had in mind.

To others who have replied with nasty comments: I have been polite in all my postings. I have never insulted anyone or called them names. I never had any intent to "stir anything up" or cause any fights.

I would believe you if you didn't create a DIS account with the sole intent of starting a complaint thread. Your account was created on 3/20 and your first post on this board was on 3/20 to create a thread to complain about Disney. Sounds like stirring up trouble to me. :stir: I mean, what did you expect from us?

:lmao: I guess I fail to see how you would "spare" the OP any of the "snarking". I don't exactly see moderator next to your name. Are you the snarky police? ;)

There are two sides to every story. Disney sells itself on an image of "perfection" that they choose to market because selling dreams is big bucks. If they are going to set that standard then perhaps it's not so wrong to expect them to live up to it.

I respectfully disagree with some of your statements. I don't see how Disney has ever sold themselves (aka image) as "perfectionists" in any shape or form. I also don't agree that any form of compensation should be given in this particular situation. There were no damages incurred.

Like I said before - we all make mistakes even big companies like Disney. They are only run by human's and I have yet to find a "perfect" human. With any situation there must be reasonable expectations (yes even with Disney).

While I can only sympathize with the OP I really think what "irked" people was the expectation of compensation.

Hi Allison ,

Actually, I believe you are the only who directly responded to my question:lovestruc
But I assumed you were telling me that I shouldn't push the "compensation" request any further (which I am not, BTW) What I wanted to "push further" was the fact that they had not responded to my email, even though they had responded very rapidly to other questions I had.:) If I misunderstood, I apologize.

OP;)
Oh, I missed what is was you actually wanted to push further. Thank you for clarifying.

FYI...I just watched our Disney DVD, that the orig. poster said gave her mis-information ( in addition to a phone cast member) concerning the dining plan. The DVD does not describe the different dining plans, but....tells you to go to www.disneyworld.com for details. I do know for a fact...that at the time the OP booked her vacation....the website listed all the correct info about the changes to the 2008 dining plan.

After watching the DVD, and knowing that it did not give the OP any dining details.....I must agree with the majority. The DVD said to research the WDW website for details, and if the OP did not do so......then who is at fault???

No additional compensation should be expected. I also assume you did not receive a second reply from WDW....because hundreds(thousands) of people have sent emails complaining about the dining changes....and I imagine WDW has created a trash bin to store each and every one of them.

If you don't like the changes to the dining plan....you have plenty of time to cancel it!!!

I see nothing wrong with expecting a response when the information presented did not encompass the trip dates you gave. Sure people make mistakes but she NEVER said "give me a free dinner".

Again what upset some folks was the "compensation" statement. She never said "give me a free dinner" but she did state that in her letter/email to Disney she asked "how she was to be compensated".

Had the whole issue of compensation been left out of the discussion to begin with I don't think we would have 10 pages of on going posts (and that would probably be a good thing - although I myself have contributed).

While I am not defending folks on either side of the issue I think its good for folks to understand where some of the real "kinks" lay in this whole discussion. For me personally I do get somewhat irked that society as a whole keeps going down the path of "entitlement".

Bottom line - it sucks she didn't get the right information. Luckily she knows now the correct information before her trip and can hopefully plan accordingly (i.e. if that means cancelling the DDP or some other action, etc.). It also sucks Disney did not respond to her but I can only imagine the amount of email Disney receives daily, let alone hourly, from around the globe. Not an excuse but a reality. I hope that her trip turns out well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter