No More Fastpass for Parades and Fireworks?

I for one hope they bring back the FP for parades and night time shows. With a good tour plan you can do without many for rides. Yes you can find a good spot without one but sooooo nice to not worry if Ill have a good place. or feel the need to run around searching one out. Also hate being so jammed in with the crowd. The limited number in the area was much nicer. Fastpass for parade was at flagpole. The parade came right at us with no obstruction. we sat and relaxed. It was perfect! I also loved FP for Food and Wine concerts! Great seats, no stress.
This is us! I hope they bring them back. I regret not doing them this past trip and had said we definitely would this time...:scared: well shoot.

I'm not going to lie, I never even thought about FPs for parades or fireworks. I've never been interested in parades (beyond noting the times, so I could make sure to be well out of the way), and fireworks I either had a spot picked out to watch from, or just watched them from wherever I happened to be. So this kind of change won't bother me.

You can still get Festival of Fantasy FPs, as well as Illuminations. Wishes and MSEP, however, are gone from the FP lineup.

From the website / my Disney experience - it still shows Festival of Fantasy Parade as a FP and Illuminations as PP stated. I'm trying to figure this out as there seems to be some confusion. Maybe certain parades and certain fireworks? Where is the official announcement?

Wow sooooooooo disappointed in Disney. We imagined the loss of parade/night spectacular fast pass as a cost saving measure
...so they dont have to pay folks to police the area. Now we find out they are going to make the best Wishes viewing spot in an overcrowded
park hard ticket for Dessert Party only. Thats a cash grab not a budget cut. I know some don't care about this but these fastpasses for parades
and fireworks added to the magic for me.

I just don't get what Disney is doing. Selling hard tickets for experiences that were once included in park tickets for every gust while giving away dining. Dining was once an experience worth paying for. Sigh...I guess there is a why I am not an amazing executive in the travel industry.

I just don't get what Disney is doing. Selling hard tickets for experiences that were once included in park tickets for every gust while giving away dining. Dining was once an experience worth paying for. Sigh...I guess there is a why I am not an amazing executive in the travel industry.
I'm confused. You can still see the parade and fireworks included in your ticket. You just can't get a FP for them.

I'm confused. You can still see the parade and fireworks included in your ticket. You just can't get a FP for them.

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but arent they now expanding the desert party to the FP area?

If that's the case, that is an add on that does take away from those that are not willing to pay "extra" for something.

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but arent they now expanding the desert party to the FP area?

If that's the case, that is an add on that does take away from those that are not willing to pay "extra" for something.
Ok yes they are having that area be used for dessert party but I'd rather just watch fireworks from an area that doesn't cost anything else or waste a FP.

I loved the FP area to watch from...FOR FREE as part of my admission. With the controlled number of people it made for a much nicer experience without being stuffed close to each other and people crowding in front of you. It added to the magic for me. Also the parade pics I got from the FP spot were perfect..all float no crowd..wonderful! In an area that is so congested at fireworks time to take a large chunk and make people pay to use it is, sad. I certainly wont.

So it's almost like the moves...including adding about 3 million metric tons of concrete over two years...was all to create an environment to guilt moms and dads into paying an upcharge for one of these "one of a kind, magical experiences....limited to 14,500 people per night..."

Does anybody who writes me off as a negative canary in a coal mine want go actually consider that the angle has been clear for a while...and stop using abusive terms like "magic"?

Prolly not...I would imagine...

Last edited:

Dining is only being "given away" at the times where they can't fill the rooms...which is almost never these days...

And they cranked the ticket prices steadily - which you pay for - and you pay $189 + tax to get that room at carribean (a ridiculous overprice) to get that "free dining"

All these moves are pretty easy to figure if you accept that their sole goal right now in Orlando is to force everyone to pay far more than they did 5 years ago. This isn't "inflation"...its economic retribution.

...against the Chinese governement...against the spoiled brats at Disneyland rebelling against a crappy park...against European markets not buying it....against people realizing that ESPN is downright awful.

It's just so clear. Their only markets that haven't rebelled are Orlando...and Tokyo. But there's no insulator in Orlando. Open Fire. It's like one of those jack wagon private game farms like they found Antonin Scalia at...just too easy.

I wish they would make more VIP areas in Disney. I would happily pay a good amount of money to get access to this area without having to make reservations on fastpass months ahead of time. I also wish for a VIP fastpass just like the one at Universal. The reservations system is horrible in that you have to sit at a computer months ahead of your vacation and make reservations, the only people that benefit from this are the people that have the time to sit there and figure out how to game the system to get the most fast passes. The scheduling aspect also, in my opinion, takes away from a vacation as it regiments the whole day....when Im on vacation I just want to relax and not be forced to run around a theme park on some schedule. Disney would be much better off by selling VIP fastpasses; they would attract a better clientele that would actually spend more money elsewhere in the parks with the saved time.

They do offer this. You can get the VIP experience for 10 people (personal tour guide, fastpass to everything, transportation between parks) for a mere 400-600 per hour.

It's a money-maker. These experiences aren't included with free dining, but many families who get free dining will still choose to experience them. These experiences generally include a light food, which means the family may skip a meal, leaving unused credits, or eating less on Disney's dime. The giveaways are to get you in the door (aren't actually as sweet as they sound), just like any other business offering sales. Disney is also offering "free" dining that are variations on the dining plans that will end up costing the families more.

I may be in the minority, but FP for the parades were always on my "have to have" list. Not having to guard a space and not having to protect my kids from the crowd pushing in on them was awesome, and a stress relief to DH & I...and once we experienced the parade from the square, it was an amazing view...it became a "have to" FP for us. Our next trip is a year out, so I'm not going to worry about it now...so much changes in that amount of time, but I will miss them if they are truly gone!

(I'll miss the FP for wishes too...but not nearly as much as the parades!)

Glad it's gone.

I'm unfamiliar with where the fastpass areas were but I know we consistently ran into them on more than one occasion, hindering us from being able to see the show without walking a considerable distance from where we were, Main Street and the hub should be a free for all. If you don't want to be crowded, you should go to tomorrowland or another perfectly fine viewing area (which we do very often).

Slayed, it sounds like you are very experienced and knowledgable of Disneyworld and I wish(And others) I had your knowledge.
Since I don't and if this was my one and only time going to the fast past FREE viewing spots were great.
For my wife with mobility issues it was the best for her she really enjoyed it.
Again I would not be speaking if a previous free thing is now paid.
NOTE: I encourage Disney earning more money as much as they can. I want them to be around for a very long time.
Just not nice that some of these like changing the word some "select" Disney properties will get Early mornings.
Again I am all for the night time pay special events as long does not affect or change what regular tickets already get

FYI......

Because of the popularity of the Wishes Fireworks Dessert Party at Magic Kingdom Park, we are expanding the experience starting April 19 so that more Guests will be able to enjoy it. Same-day reservations will be available.

All Guests attending the fireworks dessert party will enjoy a variety of themed desserts at the Tomorrowland Terrace Restaurant as they do today. Then, Guests with same-day reservations move to the Plaza Garden area for the fireworks show, while Guests who have booked in advance will view the fireworks from the Tomorrowland Terrace Restaurant.

Pricing is $59 for adults and $35 for children, tax inclusive. Reservations for the Tomorrowland Terrace viewing location can be made in advance by visiting DisneyWorld.com/dine, or calling 407-WDW-DINE. Same-day reservations are available at the Tomorrowland Terrace podium starting at 10:30am each day.

Glad it's gone.

I'm unfamiliar with where the fastpass areas were but I know we consistently ran into them on more than one occasion, hindering us from being able to see the show without walking a considerable distance from where we were, Main Street and the hub should be a free for all. If you don't want to be crowded, you should go to tomorrowland or another perfectly fine viewing area (which we do very often).

...Well to each his own on the value having FP for wishes and parades but as for your comment, the area is still going to be blocked off. Before it was free for any with a FP now you pay $70 for dessert for access. The fastpass for parades was in the circle where the flagpole is ..so not a spot to "constantly run into"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter