No More Fastpass for Parades and Fireworks?

x99harrington

Earning My Ears
I just read that Fastbass will no longer be available for Parades and Fireworks? I'm guessing just to save on costs for cast members who work these????

I'm waiting for some good news from Disney! It's been one negative thing after another lately...

I'll admit that I'm surprised by this. They just rebuilt the hub in part to accommodate the new FP+ areas there. I'm a little disappointed too, since now more visitors will be using their FPs on rides (where I use mine) instead of wasting them on fireworks and parades.

I just read that Fastbass will no longer be available for Parades and Fireworks? I'm guessing just to save on costs for cast members who work these????

I'm waiting for some good news from Disney! It's been one negative thing after another lately...
I really don't see this as another cutback. I think the reality was that fastpass just wasn't needed for this.

They just rebuilt the hub in part to accommodate the new FP+ areas there.
You could look at it that way. Or you could just look at it as they rebuilt the hub to provide more viewing space.

I see fastpasses for things like this as irrelevant. I believe they rebuilt the hub so that they could add more viewing areas and reduce traffic on the sidewalks. Before these areas where added did you ever try to get down the Main Street USA sidewalks during a parade of fireworks? You could barely walk single file down the sidewalks. I believe they did this to reduce build up and provide more viewing areas.

I'm curious about this because we have a dining reservation at one of the resorts and then a FP scheduled for Wishes on April 14th, which happens to be one of the nights of the After Hours events.

I haven't typically used those FPs but when my wife was pregnant, we did indeed get one for FOFP. It was so nice having her relax and not have to push/be pushed while 6+ months. Was also relatively new at that point, but it was still a great pick. Not sure I'd do it again, but having the option certainly is nice. As someone else has mentioned, this now means less FPs for the entire park which will force more people to choose rides. Can't say I like that.

I will be willing to bet it will be a VIP area for viewing at a charge. This is unfortunately the direction Disney is going these days.

Well I can see why they're getting rid of the fireworks FP. They're not providing enough guest satisfaction because they jam you in. More trouble than it's worth!

My issue with it, if it does in fact turn out to be a new VIP viewing area, is that this used to be something that everyone had access to without an extra charge. I think this is a lot of my issues with Disney lately. A Disney vacation is quickly becoming the vacation of the haves and have nots.

I get the whole "it's a capitalist society" thing I do. But just because you CAN charge more, doesn't mean you SHOULD.

My issue with it, if it does in fact turn out to be a new VIP viewing area, is that this used to be something that everyone had access to without an extra charge. I think this is a lot of my issues with Disney lately. A Disney vacation is quickly becoming the vacation of the haves and have nots.

I get the whole "it's a capitalist society" thing I do. But just because you CAN charge more, doesn't mean you SHOULD.

Sometime Capitalism can work against you. The down fall is GREED and it looks like they crossed over to greed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter