No More ADR's at conflicting times

butiflfeet

I drink and I know things
I just noticed on the dining reservation website that when you try to book a reservation near the same time and date of an existing reservation, you're no longer given the option to either cancel your existing reservation OR keep both reservations. You must cancel the existing reservation or you are not able to complete the new reservation online. They do tell you that if you still need to make the conflicting reservation that you can call and speak with a Cast Member. It looks like they're starting to crack down on double-booking :goodvibes

This is a step in the right direction. Good for Disney for realizing what a big problem this was for their guests and for them. Now, if they can just reduce that 180 day rule to 30 or 45....:rolleyes1

I had no problem booking 2 ADRs near the same time today. I booked a 5:50at Garden Grill and then found a 5:30 and booked it too. We are going with my parents and I wanted to see which time would work better for them. I was given the choice to either cancel or keep them both and I chose to keep both. I did cancel the one we didn't want about an hour later after talking to my mom.
Maybe they changed it after I booked my ADRs this morning.

This is a step in the right direction. Good for Disney for realizing what a big problem this was for their guests and for them. Now, if they can just reduce that 180 day rule to 30 or 45....:rolleyes1

What does it matter if a restaurant is booked solid 180 days in advance or 30 days in advance? It's a pound of feathers vs. a pound of lead; they're the same thing. So long as every seat is filled, Disney is happy. And if you don't like planning six months out, eat counter service. Problem solved.

Also, I never understood the argument by people who didn't want to decide six months out where they were going to eat. WDW is not Chicago. There aren't 3,000 restaurants to choose from. Either you're going to be in one of four parks or one of two dozen resorts on a given day. How can you not know where you're going to be or what you may want to eat? There isn't that much to choose from.

I guess that update Disney did on the May 13-14 was worthwhile :) This is good that you can no longer make and keep conflicting multiple ADR times.

I decided to change around our park days for our October trip making it neccessary for me to make some new ADRs and cancel others and I noticed last evening the change that you had to cancel a conflicting ADR or call Disney Dining.

It should make it easier now to get some of those "coveted" ADRs for places like Le Cellier or 'Ohanas.

Another good thing is now people who find the need to book 2 ADR at different places due to traveling with a larger party will not have to worry about one or both being cancelled due to it looking like a double booking

I think this change is a most positive step in the right direction.

[/QUOTE] Also, I never understood the argument by people who didn't want to decide six months out where they were going to eat. WDW is not Chicago. There aren't 3,000 restaurants to choose from. Either you're going to be in one of four parks or one of two dozen resorts on a given day. How can you not know where you're going to be or what you may want to eat? There isn't that much to choose from.[/QUOTE]

Perhaps it is because some of us don't know we are going to Disney 6 months ahead of time. What is next, booking 2 years ahead of time?

I noticed this yesterday and I was not happy/ I was swapping out a lunch and dinner. I did not want to cancel the dinner reservation until the lunch one was made because I really wanted to eat at both restaurants. I can see why they do not allow double booking but it would not stop someone from using an alternate email address for the reservations.

I noticed this yesterday and I was not happy/ I was swapping out a lunch and dinner. I did not want to cancel the dinner reservation until the lunch one was made because I really wanted to eat at both restaurants. I can see why they do not allow double booking but it would not stop someone from using an alternate email address for the reservations.

This is very true although it needs to be an different email and different phone number(required) to book the ADR or else the system will match up the reservations in the system

Wow thats crazy!! I wonder when that is going to start?? It is a good thing and a bad thing. Right now I have two Wishes Dessert Party and two Captains Grille booked the same nights and time because I had to split my party up. I really hope they don't cancel the Wishes Dessert Party, afterall I already paid for it!!

They should cancel any dinner reservations that are for the same meal and for the same number of people because what if you have to split your party up!?

What does it matter if a restaurant is booked solid 180 days in advance or 30 days in advance? It's a pound of feathers vs. a pound of lead; they're the same thing. So long as every seat is filled, Disney is happy. And if you don't like planning six months out, eat counter service. Problem solved.

Also, I never understood the argument by people who didn't want to decide six months out where they were going to eat. WDW is not Chicago. There aren't 3,000 restaurants to choose from. Either you're going to be in one of four parks or one of two dozen resorts on a given day. How can you not know where you're going to be or what you may want to eat? There isn't that much to choose from.

1) Not everyone decides they are going more than six months in advance.
2) Even if you book your trip 10, 12, 15 or 18 months in advance, the idea that you must nail down which park you are going to be on each day of your trip 6 months out is ridiculous. I understand your point about being in one of four parks and most people know where they want to eat when they go to each park...but I hate having to decide 6 months away that day 3 of my trip has to be park ______, and then if I want to change my mind a month later it's almost impossible because you can't rearrange all the ADRs. It's not a matter of not wanting/liking to plan six months out...it's a matter of that there is almost zero flexibility after that point.
3) It is even more ridiculous when you consider that that park hours, show/fireworks schedules, etc are tentative at best - or not available at all yet.
4) It is not very efficient to have people making ADRs 180 days out on the CHANCE they may go to WDW in 6 months and then a number of them end up not going. Maybe they cancel their ADRs, maybe they don't. Drastically reduce the ADR window and you drastically reduce these types of "speculative" ADRs.

This may explain why some of the hard to get ADR's that I've been waiting for suddenly opened up today!

I've been looking for a breakfast at Ohana on our departure day. I've been checking daily for months then suddenly today 3 different breakfast times popped up.

If you're waiting on a hard to get ADR you might have better luck now!

Eh, it only makes a difference for the "+10" window. Otherwise, all you have to do is make the reservation under another name and not tie it in with your resort reservation.

Wow, there are alot of ADR time available now. I am glad they did this. I think way too many people were making multiples and ruining it for everyone else.

Travel plans tend to be a lot more certain at 30 days than at 180. I hate playing the 180 ADR game because it means booking dining before I even know for sure that the dates I'm looking at are the ones we'll actually end up traveling. For example, right now we're booked for August but there is a very real possibility that we'll have to postpone until November. We enjoy the deluxe dining package and many TS meals, so we're not willing to roll the dice on last-minute ADR availability (esp. for August, which is during free dining). So I've got ADRs for August and ADRs for our "back-up plan" in Nov. I'll cancel one set as soon as we know which we'll be using, but that probably won't be until mid-July. With a 30 or 45 day window - I've always thought 45 would be good, since it is the cancellation penalty cut-off and the package paid-in-full deadline - we'd know our dates for sure before booking dining.

Besides, for people traveling in the beginning of any given month even park hours aren't always available 180 out. So that adds even more guesswork and a reason some will certainly use to justify double-bookings; without park hours, how can you even know which park you'll be in each day to plan where to making dining reservations?

I ran into this the other day. You can still make them. You just get like 3 screens saying you have to cancel one of them. I just kept clicking ok and nothing happened. I did end up cancelling one but not right then. It will also give you that message if you have something else scheduled within an hour, doesn't have to be the exact time.

[/B]

This is very true although it needs to be an different email and different phone number(required) to book the ADR or else the system will match up the reservations in the system

Yeah, but in this era of cell phones who doesn't have that? I have 4 or 5 email addresses I could use and 4 phone numbers (3 cells in our household plus the house phone). Once word starts to get out about this "loophole" - and it will, because the same travel agents and planning web sites that recommended double bookings "for flexibility" will now advise on how to pull it off - this new system will make no difference at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter