No More ADR's at conflicting times

Agreed. Disney Dining agent was less than helpful this morning.
We check into POR on 11/26 and move to WL on 11/27 for 7 days.

I need CRT for 8 people for 11/30. I found a table for 2 and a table for 6.
Because of the no double booking, I can't get them.

When I called to see if the CM could book both for me, she told me I could only book dining for the first day of my trip - the other days would have to be booked tomorrow when my WL ressie kicks in.

I explained that I was able to book other ressies for dates past the 30th online this morning and she sighed and said "the 180+10 would not apply for you and there must be a glitch in your system that is not in mine. You'll have to try again in tomorrow."

I'm not trying to manipulate the system, just trying to book a ressie for the number of people and exact date that we want. I don't care if we end up sitting at two different tables, makes no difference to me.

Grrrr!
It is an issue with the online system since it doesn't recognize the length of your reservation. So if you had 1 day onsite followed by 9 offsite it would still let you book the +10 even though only days 1 and 2 are actually a part of an onsite reservation.

Again for the ones having to split your party, why not use two different emails ? They don't have to be two separate people's emails....make two up using AIM and Yahoo..or Gmail (all free email systems). Or has this failed as well?

I had to split my family of 7 up under 2 ressies for a couple of our meals, I just used my email and my husbands and my cell number and his cell number, both of which will be on vacation with us in case we get a call to confirm.
Yes this does still work if you aren't putting a reservation number in. I'm not sure if it would if you had to connect it to a reservation. We booked our ADRs in March for September for a party of 6, now my in laws are coming and I've been able to get a party of 8 for most of them, but some I had to book a 2nd ADR for 2 for my in laws. I just put it in my husband's name, email and phone #.

When I called to see if the CM could book both for me, she told me I could only book dining for the first day of my trip - the other days would have to be booked tomorrow when my WL ressie kicks in.

I explained that I was able to book other ressies for dates past the 30th online this morning and she sighed and said "the 180+10 would not apply for you and there must be a glitch in your system that is not in mine. You'll have to try again in tomorrow."I'm not trying to manipulate the system, just trying to book a ressie for the number of people and exact date that we want. I don't care if we end up sitting at two different tables, makes no difference to me.

Grrrr!

I would call back and try with another CM it seems to me with a "continueing room reservation" you can book for your entire stay begining on day 180, in fact I know of someone who was staying 6 nights at one resort and the last four nights at another and was able to book for the 180+10

The suggestion to book the two ADRs with two different names, emails and phone number would work but without linking it to your reservation you would need to be at or past the 180 day mark

I explained that I was able to book other ressies for dates past the 30th online this morning and she sighed and said "the 180+10 would not apply for you and there must be a glitch in your system that is not in mine. You'll have to try again in tomorrow."

I'm not trying to manipulate the system, just trying to book a ressie for the number of people and exact date that we want. I don't care if we end up sitting at two different tables, makes no difference to me.

Grrrr!

She was wrong. I'm currently booked at AS Movies for Nov 26th and CSR Nov 27th-Dec 4th. I had to do it that way, because the bounceback deal I booked when I was at WDW earlier this month didn't cover Nov 26th. When the AP discounts come out, I'm hoping to combine both ressies into one at CSR. Anyway, this past Monday (180 days out from Nov 26th) I went online and booked my ADRs for the entire trip. I've done split stays before and have always been able to book my ADRs for the entire trip 180 days out from checkin of the first ressie. Even back before the online ADRs, when you had to call in, the CMs never gave me a problem. Most of the time they didn't even ask for the ressie number of the second ressie to check if I actually had a split stay. (I also did a split stay this past Dec and also last May--again I had no trouble booking ADRs for the full week at 180 days out from the first ressie).

Does anyone know if they send you an email or anything show up online to show if the system cancelled your reservations that were already booked?

I don't know and for some reason I doubt it - I have cancelled ADRs myself, online and over the phone, and never had an email notification. If you are staying onsite and have associated your ADRs with your resort stay it should automatically show all your ressies under the Reservations tab. If you don't have your stay and ADRs linked, you can just use the confirmation number issued for the reservation you want to check to see if it's still there.

I don't know and for some reason I doubt it - I have cancelled ADRs myself, online and over the phone, and never had an email notification. If you are staying onsite and have associated your ADRs with your resort stay it should automatically show all your ressies under the Reservations tab. If you don't have your stay and ADRs linked, you can just use the confirmation number issued for the reservation you want to check to see if it's still there.

You don't have to be staying on-site to be able to look at all your reservations.
We are staying off-site and I can login to the Disney site, go to My Reservations, and see all my ADR's.
I strictly use the online system and any time I make or cancel an ADR, I get an email confirmation.

When you make ADR's, it asks you to sign in and everything is kept under that account on the site. I think you do have the option to skip that and not sign in, so in that case, I'm not sure if you'd get an email or anything for a cancellation.

You don't have to be staying on-site to be able to look at all your reservations.
We are staying off-site and I can login to the Disney site, go to My Reservations, and see all my ADR's.
I strictly use the online system and any time I make or cancel an ADR, I get an email confirmation.

When you make ADR's, it asks you to sign in and everything is kept under that account on the site. I think you do have the option to skip that and not sign in, so in that case, I'm not sure if you'd get an email or anything for a cancellation.

I received cancellation notice for all the ADR's I canceled online they came from the same e-mail account that you receive the booking confirmation from. I don't know if you would get that in the system cancels?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter