No More A La Carte @ Liberty Tree Tavern Lunch

Unfortunately AYCTE means those that choose not to consume a lot subsidize those that eat 4 servings of everything.
And subsidize those who eat more? No thank you!

Or maybe its a reasonable price for those who eat more while Disney sits back and chuckles at those silly enough to pay ridiculous prices for a small amount of food and then complain about the fact that they *had* to do it. Maybe.

they did on the a la carte menu.
*sigh* was hoping for a minute you were saying it was provided "off menu" upon request now. We haven't been back since reopening since our picky DS on the spectrum won't eat a single thing on the current menu.

Interestingly, I went and looked and LTT has by far the widest availability of any MK restaurant for lunch during our August trip, and we are well past 60 days. I have my choice of times for LTT, a couple of time slots each day at Crystal Palace, and nothing any other MK restaurant. I guess Disney may have pushed guests a little too far with the price/value proposition on this one.

I loved LTT when we went for lunch but I specifically picked it so my husband and I could do AYCTE and the kids could eat a-la-carte. I think they ended up sharing two kids meals between the 3 of them. They just arent big eaters. I really wanted to go back, but paying $200 for a meal at LTT where only 2 of us are really eating much doesn't make sense. It's good, but not THAT good.

I was assuming Sebastian's Bistro was AYCTE since it's family style. Is that a bad assumption? How can they do family style without AYCTE? How would that even work?

Interestingly, I went and looked and LTT has by far the widest availability of any MK restaurant for lunch during our August trip, and we are well past 60 days. I have my choice of times for LTT, a couple of time slots each day at Crystal Palace, and nothing any other MK restaurant. I guess Disney may have pushed guests a little too far with the price/value proposition on this one.

This is wonderful news! Really. Disney isn't dumb. If this goes on, they have to change things back. Based on reviews, I don't know if I'd eat at the Crystal Palace now if it were free. Although, I'd pay $100/pp for crappy food so DD can meet Eeyore.

I can see how even people that like to order the feast, might not go unless everyone in their family would order the feast. I could see DH ordering it and just eating the non-turkey meat.

I can see how even people that like to order the feast, might not go unless everyone in their family would order the feast. I could see DH ordering it and just eating the non-turkey meat.

funny you said that about everyone going, we were in wdw early June. My husband, my son in law and myself ate at Cape May because we wanted to check out the different family style meal (No extras for us). My daughter and 4 tween/teen granddaughters ate at Big River at the same time because they are dieting, small eaters, keto, picky, and can get some salads and kids meals. So our family dinner occurred in two different restaurants across the water from each other. Not sure if that’s what Disney had in mind, but worked for us. After we ate at Cape May (which was fine, not great, but ok) I know my 1 granddaughter would have not eaten anything on the menu, the other would’ve eaten only the house salad, so it was a wise choice that we did it this way.

*sigh* was hoping for a minute you were saying it was provided "off menu" upon request now. We haven't been back since reopening since our picky DS on the spectrum won't eat a single thing on the current menu.

LTT was the only MK restaurant with walk-up availability in the app the day we were looking on our May trip. We didn't go for it because we really didn't feel like paying that much or stuffing ourselves. We did a lounge tour instead and had dinner at Kona (also from the walk-up wait list in the app).

I was assuming Sebastian's Bistro was AYCTE since it's family style. Is that a bad assumption? How can they do family style without AYCTE? How would that even work?
I read a recent review where the restaurant confirmed it is not AYCTE. You get the platter, which is portioned based on your party size, and there are no refills.

I read a recent review where the restaurant confirmed it is not AYCTE. You get the platter, which is portioned based on your party size, and there are no refills.

What if everyone wants the same thing?

That was also something I wondered about Crystal palace the way it is now. What if everyone wants the cupcake?

I think the only glimmer of hope is that buffets cost the restaurant less. So, Disney has to be changing back to that.

What if everyone wants the same thing?

That was also something I wondered about Crystal palace the way it is now. What if everyone wants the cupcake?

I think the only glimmer of hope is that buffets cost the restaurant less. So, Disney has to be changing back to that.
They designed the menu to be more easily divisible than some of the other restaurants. Starter is a salad, so everyone gets a scoop. They give you enough rolls for each person. On the meat platter, the steak and the pork are sliced up so you would just divide it evenly, curry is scoopable, chicken may be harder to split especially if everyone likes dark meat for example. But the sides are all easily sharable and the dessert is just a giant square of bread pudding so again, you'd just scoop out portions for each person.

I think it works best for adults who are willing to try everything and eat a little of each. Wouldn't recommend it if you had someone who would only eat the chicken, or only eat the curry.

Ok, Sebastian's Bistro is now on the No-Never list. This seems like the worst of all options. You don't get to choose what they bring you, and you can't get more of what you like. All of the food sounds fine, but I could totally see all three of being not-in-mood for one or more options.

I'll be on alert for similar at other restaurants.

Ok, Sebastian's Bistro is now on the No-Never list. This seems like the worst of all options. You don't get to choose what they bring you, and you can't get more of what you like. All of the food sounds fine, but I could totally see all three of being not-in-mood for one or more options.

I'll be on alert for similar at other restaurants.
Agree, that would never work for my family. If they are going to do that, they may as well just plate what you want! Why serve individual meals on one big plate, portioned the way the management likes? Who would go for that?

Agree, that would never work for my family. If they are going to do that, they may as well just plate what you want! Why serve individual meals on one big plate, portioned the way the management likes? Who would go for that?
From Disney's perspective, it's great because they don't need the variety of ingredients needed for a menu full of entrees, appetizer, sides and desserts, and don't need as much work training kitchen staff--just same few things for every customer.

From the customer's perspective, I honestly don't understand family-style whether or not it is AYCTE. I like to choose what I eat.

I suspect Disney has worked the numbers and realized they can turn over the tables less (even have a few open tables) and have the check per table higher by going AYCTE for lunch than ala carte and ultimately make more money. While I like LTT for dinner, not sure I want to eat that heavy of food for lunch.

From the customer's perspective, I honestly don't understand family-style whether or not it is AYCTE. I like to choose what I eat.

As a family we sometimes turn a regular restaurant into family-style courses. It is a vacation, have-plenty-of-time thing. We also usually start with dessert. So, we'll pick one we all like and share that. While waiting on the dessert, we pick course 2 and order when dessert arrives, repeat until DD and I are full, then DH often orders his own thing. Everyone is happy and we tip well.
But, if anyone wants their own thing, we do that, and it happens.

From the menu on Disney's site:
All-You-Care-to-Enjoy Bill of Fare

So...this means go ahead and eat what you want from what we bring you the first time? I think most reasonable people would conclude that this means you can ask for refills. Part of the reason I chose this place for two meals during our stay is because my teenagers can pack away a lot of food -- we can't go to Be Our Guest for example, because they come out of there hungry.

I remember pre-lockdown, Aker. was an all-you-can-eat, but that since you selected from a menu (at least for lunch and dinner) most people didn't know that you can order more and the restaurant didn't tell people. I wonder if the same is going on?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter