Nintendo Switch

I did download FAST RMX and it is prety good. If you like F-Zero that's pretty much what it is. Nice game for 20 bucks and it doesn't take up a ton of storage.

We got one.

I quite like it! I think it's a really cool concept and I am partial to Nintendo because I lack whatever gene makes it possible to manipulate oneself in first person shooter style games accurately. I end up wandering around looking at the sky whilst other things kill me.

We each got one. I'm loving it. The pretty seamless transition from handheld to tv console is awesome. The only issue I see coming up is the kick stand feels pretty flimsy even though it isn't.

Knowing my husband, one will be coming into our home especially with the new Zelda.

I have always been a Nintendo guy, but I didn't and don't really plan on it. I think they are in a complete miss as far as identifying their issues (unless there is something I'm missing). The Wii U's issues were not the controller/system. The issues were the games. How many of the top 10 games each year could you even get on a Wii U? Heck, how many games could you get for it period (including your Hello Kittie and Barbie games)? So they launch this with like 5 games. I just think they are completely lost as to what their issues are.

I will say I'm not following it in great detail so maybe there are some coming that will really appeal, but as of now, I just have no plans for it.

Loving my Switch. Breath of the Wild is as good as the reviews say (the 4th highest rating of all time) and Snipperclips is a perfect two player fun game. Bomberman is next to get in a couple of weeks for more Co-op fun.

IMO Nintendo has fixed many of the issues of the WiiU, most of which were overblown anyway.

I got one as well, despite the general negativity about it that I've seen on the internet, I think it's great. It no doubt has flaws, but sometimes I think people get caught up focusing on the negatives and miss how great the total package is (at least for my particular situation). Being a husband with 2 kids under 5 years old, my gaming time was basically nothing. I have a PS4 that I've probably played like 20 hours for the 2 years that I've had it. However, the Switch just opens up so much more gaming opportunity, with possibly one of the greatest games ever made. I can deal with the crappy kickstand and unknown online services and plastic screen, and whatever else people are complaining about, if it means I can play Zelda while sitting on the couch with my wife. I don't care how great the PS4 graphics are if I can never play the thing.

I can see, though, if you don't care about the portability aspect of it, maybe the Switch won't really speak to you. It's interesting that most of the marketing appears to be towards young adults in their early twenties, but I actually think the biggest draw will be for gamer moms and dads in their 30's. It's like Nintendo literally created the perfect device for me, who grew up on the NES but just don't have time anymore to play video games.

I'll also say that I really like the Joy-cons as well as the motion controls in Zelda. Using the motion controls to aim your bow and use your some of your rune powers feels nice.

I think the biggest downer is for the people who are having problems with the joy-con losing signal, but so far I've been lucky enough not to have any problems, and I've tested it standing 20 ft away holding the controller behind my back.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter