• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Nice AP discounts for the 45th anniversary!

if you have ap would you get tables in wonderland too? i'm out of towner but coming for 3 weeks this year. normally we get tables in wonderland and have it paid for in first trip. we also drink alcohol with dinner (I get 1-2 beers, wife gets a drink or wine). any thoughts if the 20% and 10% discount on ap means I should not get TIW this year?

if you have ap would you get tables in wonderland too? i'm out of towner but coming for 3 weeks this year. normally we get tables in wonderland and have it paid for in first trip. we also drink alcohol with dinner (I get 1-2 beers, wife gets a drink or wine). any thoughts if the 20% and 10% discount on ap means I should not get TIW this year?
The TIW takes $700 to break even. So, if you're planing to drink $33 worth every day for 21 days you'll break even on it. Some restaurants have a 20% TIW discount but only a 10% AP discount so you'll also be ahead on those places as well. There is a chart over on All Ears with discounts. Check there after you make your ADRs and you'll know if it makes a difference.

Whoops! The break even point is $750.

Last edited:
I guess my question is about any blackouts. Most of my adrs are already included in the special 20% off this year section. But then I see something about lunch vs dinner. I don't have my ap yet (getting it on Thursday)

TIW blackouts are major holidays like Christmas and Easter. We go this time of year (Christmas to New Year) and there are FOUR blackout dates over 9 days. The AP discount worked a lot better for us.

I think the TIW is probably worth it to you if you each have 2 drinks per day at TIW restaurants/bars. You will at least break even and you may even save some money.

Still have not seen the answer to several pp's about the date that AP's are valid. If we buy AP's now (vouchers) will the 13 months 'begin' when we take our first trip (April), or do they begin at purchase? Thanks!

I'm sorry if this has been addressed somewhere in this thread. Is there a minimum purchase required to get the 20% off merchandise?

Still have not seen the answer to several pp's about the date that AP's are valid. If we buy AP's now (vouchers) will the 13 months 'begin' when we take our first trip (April), or do they begin at purchase? Thanks!

I'd like to know as well. Wasn't planning on going until May.

They'll start when you activate at the parks, not when you purchase them. I am going in August and purchased my annual passes this week via the phone. The cast member assured me that the "year" won't start until I visit the park to activate, and that I'll still get the 13 month bonus. Once purchased, they show up on my account as vouchers, and the vouchers do specify "13 for 12"

They'll start when you activate at the parks, not when you purchase them. I am going in August and purchased my annual passes this week via the phone. The cast member assured me that the "year" won't start until I visit the park to activate, and that I'll still get the 13 month bonus. Once purchased, they show up on my account as vouchers, and the vouchers do specify "13 for 12"

Where does it show 13 for 12? I purchased on November 12th and I won't activate until June and I don't see anything like that.

Your time begins when you activate it at the park. So in your case your pass will expire in May of 2018.

I bought my APs during the 13 month window (XMas presents for the family). I called to confirm when purchasing when the 13 month starts. This is what I was told...

1. The AP has to be activated within 18 months of the purchase date
2. AP is able to be activated anytime up until Dec 31, 2030
3. If activated after the 18 month purchase window, you lose the 13th month

This is what shows up in my MDE as well. We will be activating our passes on June 17th

Where does it show 13 for 12? I purchased on November 12th and I won't activate until June and I don't see anything like that.

It was under "My Reservations", then "Manage Tickets and Passes" in the app.

QzCLktW.jpg

I don't know if this helps, but the email I received from Guest Services seemed to state that the 13 month promotion would run through February for renewals. Now, they didn't answer my question, which was about having to activate it by January 3. Here's the email:

Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World® Resort.

When Guests purchase or renew an Annual Pass as part of this promotion, they get 13 months for the price of 12! This promotion will end on January 3, 2017 for new passes and in February 2017 for renewals.

If you have questions or need further assistance, feel free to contact us.

Hmm, I wonder if this is correct. I haven't seen anything about renewals anywhere, but I may call to double check. My pass doesn't expire until Feb 24th, but I was going to rush out and get gift cards tomorrow to buy it before the Jan 3rd deadline for the extra month. If I don't have to do it immediately that would be great.

I just wanted to report back on my experience with using the AP dining discount for our party of 5. I'm the only one in the family who has an AP so I wasn't sure how they would handle that at meals. With 3 kids and 2 adults I wasn't sure how they were going to decide which 4 meals got the discount. Well, for all 5 TS meals we had while we were there they just took the discount off the top for all of us so it seems they aren't strict about holding to the AP holder plus 3 guests rule. I was on another thread where similar reports were made that it was used for up to 8 people and nobody asked to see any other AP cards.

For us it was a great savings. It just turned out we dined at 4 different locations with the 20% and the other 1 we got the 10%. We don't drink much in the way of alcohol so it wasn't a big deal to not have the discount on that. They also took it off our custom cake order with our meal (as should be the case with TiW as well).

Thinking of buying TiW for our upcoming trip (10 adults and 1 2yo). Has anyone had problems with someone other than the TiW cardmember paying? I don't think the in-laws want me to put all of that on my credit card and I'm the only one eligible to buy TiW.

I wanted to report that I was able to use the AP discount for Brunch at the California Grill on Christmas Day. It also worked at Homecoming for lunch on NYE, but not at Via Napoli for dinner on NYE.

The TIW takes $700 to break even. So, if you're planing to drink $33 worth every day for 21 days you'll break even on it. Some restaurants have a 20% TIW discount but only a 10% AP discount so you'll also be ahead on those places as well. There is a chart over on All Ears with discounts. Check there after you make your ADRs and you'll know if it makes a difference.

750 is only if you have no other discount and suddenly getting the 20%. AP at 10 or chase visa at 10(or is it 15?), or it's a third party owned that has their own discount and loyalty programs some giving better than TiW discounts if you use the loyalty program to your advantage. 1500 if you already have a 10% off method (higher % if there is alcohol on the bill).

Thinking of buying TiW for our upcoming trip (10 adults and 1 2yo). Has anyone had problems with someone other than the TiW cardmember paying? I don't think the in-laws want me to put all of that on my credit card and I'm the only one eligible to buy TiW.

No problem at all, the card holder and their id with card must be present. The purchaser doesn't matter. If you have any plans where you and your significant other might split up and both eat at different locations than for $50 you can get a second card (meant for spouses) to also have their own TiW. It also ups you to 20 people if both cards and cardholders are present.

I wanted to report that I was able to use the AP discount for Brunch at the California Grill on Christmas Day. It also worked at Homecoming for lunch on NYE, but not at Via Napoli for dinner on NYE.

I would complain, while it could be a change of policy that isn't on the website yet, per the website it's accepted all meals and no indication that you can't use it on any specific day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter