Nice AP discounts for the 45th anniversary!

What "select merchandise locations"? I tried to click on their link, but it won't load for me.

Owned & operated BY Disney. So likely won't apply to a lot of the merchants in DS like Pandora or Alex & Ani etc.

Are the dining and shopping discounts for new and current AP holders, or just new?

Also I wonder if this is the end of TIW. Why buy one with these discounts and then in 2018 it won't be available. But perhaps another level of AP with extra dining discounts.

I'd also like to know if you buy it in the fall, can you start the 13 months AP 6 months later?

Awesome additional discounts for AP holders! The discounts are good thru Sept 2017 for ALL AP holders.
Kinda sorry now that I bought Tables in Wonderland in July...LOL

So excited about this. This will be a huge savings for my next major trip in April/May 2017. It is nice to see Disney listening and responding to guests that haven't been happy with the cutbacks and changes. Hopefully Disney follows this up with no price increases.

What "select merchandise locations"? I tried to click on their link, but it won't load for me.

Owned/Operated by Disney, and the same locations the current 10% discount is good at. Basically almost any in park location except for Morocco, Japan and China; any DISNEY store at Disney Springs, so WoD, Co-Op, etc; and excluding things like DVDs, gift cards, golf clubs.

Also I wonder if this is the end of TIW. Why buy one with these discounts and then in 2018 it won't be available. But perhaps another level of AP with extra dining discounts.

I think it's premature to declare TiW dead. Many of the restaurant locations listed already offered 10% to AP, DVC or Disney Visa, so they just doubled the discount. The new locations (Tiffins, Skippers Canteen) tend to be ones that aren't as popular. I'd be curious to see if the same dinner exclusions apply, or if it's wide open now. The big add is the TS locations, as most of those don't currently offer any discounts. (Flame Tree being the exception by taking TiW)

Where is the list of participating restaurants? The one I saw had very few choices.

Here's the 20% list of 45 restaurants
Lottawatta Lodge Blizzard Beach
Disney Food Trucks Disney Springs
D-‐Luxe Burger Disney Springs
Flame Tree Barbecue Disney's Animal Kingdom
Tiffins Disney's Animal Kingdom
The Mara Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge
Jiko Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge
Sanaa Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge
Beach Club Marketplace Disney's Beach Club Resort
Boardwalk Bakery Disney's Boardwalk Resort
Boardwalk Pizza Window Disney's Boardwalk Resort
ESPN Sports Club Disney's Boardwalk Resort
Flying Fish Disney's Boardwalk Resort
Contempo Café Disney's Contemporary Resort
The Wave Disney's Contemporary Resort
Trail's End Restaurant Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground
Gasparilla Island Grill Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
Citricos Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
Grand Floridian Café Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
Narcoossee's Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
ABC Disney's Hollywood Studios
Backlot Express Disney's Hollywood Studios
TSR Hollywood & Vine Disney's Hollywood Studios
The Hollywood Brown Derby Disney's Hollywood Studios
Olivia's Café Disney's Old Key West Resort
Capt. Cook's Disney's Polynesian Resort
Disney's Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show Disney's Polynesian Resort
Kona Café Disney's Polynesian Resort
Boatwright's Dining Hall-‐ Riverside Disney's Port Orleans Resort
The Turf Club Bar & Grill Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
Roaring Fork Disney's Wilderness Lodge
Artist Point Disney's Wildnerness Lodge
Whispering Canyon Café Disney's Wildnerness Lodge
Cape May Café Disney's Yacht & Beach Club Resorts
Captain's Grille Disney's Yacht & Beach Club Resorts
Electric Umbrella Epcot
Liberty Inn Epcot
The Garden Grill Epcot
Biergarten Restaurant Epcot
Coral Reef Restaurant Epcot
Rose & Crown Dining Room Epcot
ESPN Wide World of Sports Grill ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex
Peco's Bills Magic Kingdom
Jungle Navigation Co., Ltd. Skipper Canteen Magic Kingdom
Leaning Palms Typhoon Lagoon

Awesome news! :banana:
I'm travelling over New Year's. Does anyone know if there are blackout dates over the holidays?

I was wondering the same thing. Thinking of buying when I finish with my 10 tkt in Nov., Then redeem it in Dec 2017.

Noticed you are DVC owners, so don't you get a discount for being DVC?

Would love to know if you just have to purchase by that time but get the 13 months from activation. We are going in late January 2017 and likely late January 2018.

Would make getting an AP more feasible as we have to schedule around certain school stuff and can't ensure our trip will be completely within that 12 months.

Nice deal! I'm wondering if the 13 months would apply to an AP renewal, and also if the AP's can be purchased during the promotional period and activated at a later time. I also wonder if these benefits would apply to an AP purchased with a DVC discount.

DISNEY store at Disney Springs, so WoD, Co-Op, etc;

Just to be clear, discounts apply at WoD, Co-op, etc. We've always been able to get the AP discount there.

I agree this isn't the death knell for TiW that some believe it to be. There are a lot of restaurants that aren't covered by the revamped AP/DVC discount and as someone who enjoys fun drinks on vacation, I'm glad the TiW discount includes booze.

Just to be clear, discounts apply at WoD, Co-op, etc. We've always been able to get the AP discount there.

Correct, WoD, Co-Op Goofy's Candy Co, Art of Disney etc should be covered. Stores like Lego, Lil Missmatch etc may choose to offer a discount independantly, but aren't covered under this 20% promotion.

Does anyone know if an unused 5 day ticket can be upgraded to an AP? If so I assume I'll have to wait till I'm on property to do this? TIA

I'm super ticked over the 13th month thing. We just bought new AP's 2 weeks ago. Having this extra month could have meant we could go back again NEXT fall for F&W. REALLLLLY NOT happy about missing out on that. :headache::mad::sad2:

And just who are you "super ticket over" at?

Well wouldn't you know I just renewed my AP day before yesterday so missed that whole 13 month thing. Oh well, I'm assuming it wouldn't apply to a renewal any way (I'm hoping that so I won't feel bad about renewing 2 days before it started). I got the email today about the 20% discounts and looked at the restaurants and it looks like it's pretty heavy on resorts and not that many in the parks. We tend to eat in the TS in parks mostly so another oh well for me. Good thing I only get the AP for the lower ticket prices or I might be disappointed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter