• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Next Batch of Cruises

Disney's agreement with Port Everglades (Fort Lauderdale) calls for one ship to remain home-ported in Port Everglades year round: https://disneyconnect.com/dpep/disn...rt-everglades-for-second-year-round-homeport/

Expect the Dream to remain in Port Everglades moving forward, with the Magic also operating there during part of the season. I suspect the Fantasy will now do the European cruises in the summer.

Interesting observation of the New York terminal... I wonder if Disney is planning a media tour to allow reporters to tour the ship while it's docked there for four days in November. With Disney's ownership of ABC, perhaps Good Morning America will be hosted on deck one morning.
Not only the one ship agreement, there’s the passenger count. And notice the monetary incentive. 😉

IMG_7019.jpeg

I’m not in the mood to figure out if the Dream can deliver the necessary body count, but I am sure a corporate bean counter has done it. Just running shorter cruises than only 7 nights adds up.

I hope many people are pleased with the offerings coming out in the next few months. The next several years have the opportunity for Disney to show creativity in juggling its growing fleet.

Following along! We've been considering booking a Disney cruise for 10+ years and Summer 2025 is (hopefully!) finally our time. Our last cruise was with Carnival almost 20 years ago, so we have a lot to learn about cruising, especially with Disney.

Welcome back to cruising. A lot has changed in 20 years - and a lot is the same.

There are some big ships now. Specialty (extra fee) dining. In general, more people cruising, ships, destinations.

When the new itineraries are released, there will be a schedule of who has access to booking, based on loyalty level to Disney Cruise Line, Ownership in Disney Real Estate… You may be at the end, “General Public.” That can mean you don’t get the Opening Day Price. I think that applies more to new ships, unique itineraries and holiday sailings. If these are Summer 2025 offerings, they will have higher prices than the next round which covers the Fall Sailings. And it’s the first summer with the Treasure.

Planning and anticipating a cruise is fun for me; it lasts longer than the actual vacation. Wishing you great fun - before, during, and after.

Welcome back to cruising. A lot has changed in 20 years - and a lot is the same.

There are some big ships now. Specialty (extra fee) dining. In general, more people cruising, ships, destinations.

When the new itineraries are released, there will be a schedule of who has access to booking, based on loyalty level to Disney Cruise Line, Ownership in Disney Real Estate… You may be at the end, “General Public.” That can mean you don’t get the Opening Day Price. I think that applies more to new ships, unique itineraries and holiday sailings. If these are Summer 2025 offerings, they will have higher prices than the next round which covers the Fall Sailings. And it’s the first summer with the Treasure.

Planning and anticipating a cruise is fun for me; it lasts longer than the actual vacation. Wishing you great fun - before, during, and after.

Thank you so much for the kind words and advice! I really appreciate the tips :)

I've done just a bit of research so far as I'm the planner in my family and I believe I get a very slight advantage to GP in the window because we're DVC (blue card/direct).

We're planning on cruising out of Port Canaveral in mid-late August and we have an idea of what to prepare for -- itineraries anywhere between 3-5 days, likely on the Treasure or the Wish -- but we still have a lot to learn and the learning curve has been a lot of fun so far!

Thank you so much for the kind words and advice! I really appreciate the tips :)

I've done just a bit of research so far as I'm the planner in my family and I believe I get a very slight advantage to GP in the window because we're DVC (blue card/direct).

We're planning on cruising out of Port Canaveral in mid-late August and we have an idea of what to prepare for -- itineraries anywhere between 3-5 days, likely on the Treasure or the Wish -- but we still have a lot to learn and the learning curve has been a lot of fun so far!

I think we expect the Treasure to be doing the 7-night Caribbean runs (weekly alternating East and West).

A 4-night Wish (Mon-Fri) sounds likely in your cards. There should be 3-nighters in the weekends (Fri-Mon).

Treasure is doing the 7 nights Eastern/Western Caribbean itineraries. That’s what it’s doing for the early 2025 itineraries that are already on sale.

The Wish does 3/4 nights Bahamas. Maybe 🤔 some ship will do 5 nights doing both Castaway Cay and Lighthouse Point from Port Everglades?

I think we expect the Treasure to be doing the 7-night Caribbean runs (weekly alternating East and West).

A 4-night Wish (Mon-Fri) sounds likely in your cards. There should be 3-nighters in the weekends (Fri-Mon).

Treasure is doing the 7 nights Eastern/Western Caribbean itineraries. That’s what it’s doing for the early 2025 itineraries that are already on sale.

The Wish does 3/4 nights Bahamas. Maybe 🤔 some ship will do 5 nights doing both Castaway Cay and Lighthouse Point from Port Everglades?

Thank you both -- I was hoping one of the ships would be doing 7-night itineraries in there somewhere (we're driving down from NJ so the longer we're on vacation and can prolong that dive back up, the better), but as you can imagine, this is all very overwhelming :o You both seem to know a lot more than I do. Do you think there's a chance that a Magic or a Dream class ship will be docked in Port Canaveral next summer? My gut is telling me probably not, but was interested in possibly getting on one of the older ships.

I am personally hoping the magic stays in PC through the summer. If not it will likely go to PE, but I'd prefer PC as it is much closer to our home.

@Newsies

Summer 2025
Fantasy probably in Europe
Wish & Treasure based in Port Canaveral
Wonder in Alaska
Magic & Dream probably based in Port Everglades (Fort Lauderdale) - doing various length cruises around the Bahamas, to include visits to Castaway Cay (Disney’s private island) and Lookout Cay at Lighthouse Point (the Southern tip of Eleuthera in the Bahamas), opening Summer 2024.

Summer 2024, only home ports are the ones I mention above. Port Everglades is a new home base for DCL and will be used for the next 15 years.

Galveston, New Orleans, San Juan, and NYC on the Eastern side of the US are possible / probable ports after the peak of hurricane season.

…I have been cruising Disney since 2007, with trips on other cruise lines scattered along the way. About 7 months‘ worth of cruising - and a lot more time reading this forum and watching YouTube videos. A lot of what I know comes from what our fellow forum members have shared.

Do you think there's a chance that a Magic or a Dream class ship will be docked in Port Canaveral next summer? My gut is telling me probably not, but was interested in possibly getting on one of the older ships.
Dream? Extremely unlikely; it's new home is Port Everglades/Fort Lauderdale.
Fantasy? Pretty much no; it's already shown up on Europe port schedules.

Wonder? Nope...it will be on Alaskan cruises.
Magic? That's likely your only hope; to me, the only question is whether it's Canaveral or Everglades.

Not only the one ship agreement, there’s the passenger count. And notice the monetary incentive. 😉

View attachment 835161

I’m not in the mood to figure out if the Dream can deliver the necessary body count, but I am sure a corporate bean counter has done it. Just running shorter cruises than only 7 nights adds up.

I hope many people are pleased with the offerings coming out in the next few months. The next several years have the opportunity for Disney to show creativity in juggling its growing fleet.
Wow! Assuming that excludes crew members, at 400,000 passengers, that’s almost 8,000 passengers per week. That won’t be happening with 7-night or longer cruises when only one ship is operating out of that port. And it has to be the Dream (or Fantasy) to provide the capacity, since the Magic is only ~2,500 passengers per sailing when full. That 750,000 passenger count requires an average of nearly 15,000 passengers per week, some serious turnover for a cruise line with a very small fleet of ships (as well as having the Wish and Treasure committed to Port Canaveral). There might be some real incentives to keep the passenger counts up for those Port Everglades sailings.

Wow! Assuming that excludes crew members, at 400,000 passengers, that’s almost 8,000 passengers per week. That won’t be happening with 7-night or longer cruises when only one ship is operating out of that port. And it has to be the Dream (or Fantasy) to provide the capacity, since the Magic is only ~2,500 passengers per sailing when full. That 750,000 passenger count requires an average of nearly 15,000 passengers per week, some serious turnover for a cruise line with a very small fleet of ships (as well as having the Wish and Treasure committed to Port Canaveral). There might be some real incentives to keep the passenger counts up for those Port Everglades sailings.

You did some math. I figured it would have to be multiple embarkations each week for at least two ships to get these numbers. At least they have two years before the large volume of cruisers are required.

As the consumer, we could hope their need to fill ships could mean some lower prices (in the Disney system of pricing). I guess a failure to meet quotas comes with a financial penalty (perhaps having to pay port fees from the company purse?)

Could they be putting Triton #3 in PE to pull in cruisers? That might get the numbers. And still charge new ship prices.

Could they be putting Triton #3 in PE to pull in cruisers? That might get the numbers. And still charge new ship prices.
I think I've read on here that Port Canaveral is the only Florida port that can accommodate the Triton class ships due to the fuel they use. However, we're still a ways out from Triton #3, so maybe Port Everglades will have that capability by then . . .

Do they announce in advance when they post new cruises? Looking for Treasure sailings July 2025. Or do you just keeping checking? With the Treasure being a new ship this year I'm sure it will be popular- but that's the itinerary I'm most interested in. Would I need to book this far out?

Do they announce in advance when they post new cruises? Looking for Treasure sailings July 2025. Or do you just keeping checking? With the Treasure being a new ship this year I'm sure it will be popular- but that's the itinerary I'm most interested in. Would I need to book this far out?

I get an email from DCL with the dates various groups can book (Castaway Club by level, Golden Oaks, DVC?, and finally, general population - not the prison term, though). And/or keep watching this forum. Make sure you have opted in to marketing for DCL.

Prices do rise as time goes by. It depends on the popularity of the cruise.

If you can afford the deposit. If it matters to you what cabin you are in. Book early. You can get your deposit back (different rules for Concierge cabins).

Yes, they usually announce about a week before booking opens. As PP said if you sign up for the email's you'll likely get one about it. Otherwise, someone will surely post it here. It's usually good to book as soon as sailings open. Pricing only goes up from opening day.

Will the Wish strictly be doing 3- and 4-day sailings only, or is there a tiny chance that it might offer one or two 5-nighters?

Will the Wish strictly be doing 3- and 4-day sailings only, or is there a tiny chance that it might offer one or two 5-nighters?
There's always a tiny chance of special itineraries, especially around holidays. Whatever unusual cruises are offered would need a series of nights that add up to 7, 14, or 21, to get the Wish back on the Monday-Friday and Friday-Monday schedule that DCL has been using for years on the primary ship doing short cruises out of Port Canaveral.

There's always a tiny chance of special itineraries, especially around holidays. Whatever unusual cruises are offered would need a series of nights that add up to 7, 14, or 21, to get the Wish back on the Monday-Friday and Friday-Monday schedule that DCL has been using for years on the primary ship doing short cruises out of Port Canaveral.
Thanks! Keeping our fingers and toes crossed.

Thanks! Keeping our fingers and toes crossed.
A 5-night on the Wish would be very tempting! I am very interested in sailing on her (as is my daughter, she reminds me frequently 😂), but 3- and 4-nighters just feel so short.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter