New You First Program UPDATE

i called and it was a long phone call of 25 minutes.

i suggest you call if the same thing happened to you.
1-877-563-9714

that is the number for loews youfirst department that you need to go through.

they saw that i was a platinum member under Loews First but a member with Loews YouFirst. my loews number is the same for both accounts.
also, no ressie listed for me for my fall trip on either programs.

they can't change or fix my loews problem.
they had to send an email to customer resource manager for assistance.
i asked if others can send a direct email to that department and was told no.
only the staff at the above phone number can do so.

the gal i talked to said they don't understand what happened to have my status changed.
i explained i changed the birthdate and gender and clicked update.
the problem began then.

she tried to work on it and edit my profile but it wouldn't take it.
therefore she sent an email within their department for further help.
i was told that department would contact me by email.

i told her i sent an email last night and have not heard back yet from them.
she was under the impression there are staff available on the weekends to handle the emails they receive.

call the above number to get assistance if your status was lowered from platinum to member.

please post here if you have any suggestions for us in this issue.

tia

I changed my birthdate too and my status didn't change. I wonder what is going on. Didn't someone in the other thread say that many of the status (stati?) were incorrect and they were trying to fix them?

I changed my birthdate too and my status didn't change. I wonder what is going on. Didn't someone in the other thread say that many of the status (stati?) were incorrect and they were trying to fix them?

the gal i talked to said mine was not fixable ...

it had to be sent by request by her to customer resource management

she had the power to change the status but mine wouldn't for her.

i also changed myself from a male to a female.

and twice had to change my pw.

others stated they were listed as a 108 year old male.
another stated they had a birth year of 192x.

i think that calgary gary sent a super excellent email to them.
i totally feel the same way he does.

others on the threads said they updated the erroneous data and when they returned to the site, the update was correct but they were poofed from platinum to member status.

Loews YouFirst my butt.
like calgarygary stated, the enhanced program that we are going to be thrilled with has gotten off to a bad start.

at this point it is a wait and see situation.

i did tell the loews rep that i have stayed with the loews hotel in traveling because of the loews first program.

i also have the Hilton, Choice program and All Access program.

when i ended my call to her, i said please include in the email to the resource department i have other options for hotels in the area.
i would like to work with the loews hotels due to them being on site but if i am kept at "member" status, i am better off racking up reward points on one of my other club cards.

When I look at my profile, I do not see my member status or number anywhere...

When I look at my profile, I do not see my member status or number anywhere...

open the profile page.

on the right side of it about a quarter way down from the top, you will see your loews # and under it will be your status level they have you down for.

it doesn't come out and catch your eye very easily.

if you still don't see it, read thru each line on that page.
extend your eyes to the margin and you will find it.

it should be under the area of where your email is listed.

hth

I don't see it, maybe I am missing it, but I have looked thoroughly. Here is my lame attempt at a screenshot:

youfirstpagejpg.gif

youfirstpage.jpg

It should appear right below your birthdate info. Don't know why it isn't on your page.

email Address:
*YouFirst Number: xxxxxxxxxxx (Member)

Type Old Password *Choose Password: *Confirm Password: * HOME

your set up is different from mine.
my loews number is by my email address like above

i don't know what to tell you.
mine is not near my bd but my email address on my form.

i suggest you call the number i listed on the thread, this one or the other loews thread and inquire with them.

i don't think there is anything else i can do for suggestions.

let us know how it turns out for you please

I had hoped maybe they knew they had a computer glitch, and I wouldn't have to call to let them know my status dropped when I updated my profile.

I did call, and the woman said that there was nothing she could do, but she would send an email to csr service on my behalf to let them know what happened. She took my contact info, and said someone would get back to me within 5 days.

Also, I used to be able to pull up an upcoming reservation of mine on the netbooker website. Now I can't. Wonder what happened with that too?

What I don't get is how this program:

1. Is more flexible
2. Has benefits that are more meaningful to me
3. Gives me more of what I want

Is that not what the email promised me?

And

4. How after delaying the program from 7/1 to 7/15 did they not soak test the new website to figure out these glitches?

Now, not only do I feel baited and switched, and I feel annoyed that I have to go through a bother of getting my status fixed over a website glitch.

Something is going on since yesterday I was platinum and today I am member. I'm going to leave it for a while before I worry about it.

Something is going on since yesterday I was platinum and today I am member. I'm going to leave it for a while before I worry about it.

damo, i suggest you call so they can send an email to customer resource manager. the public can't send the email to them as it is an internal site.

i don't know if this is valid or not as many of us that call are getting various information.

the person i talked to said the emails they send internally, are handled as a priority.

Thanks Mac. I will call the number tomorrow and see what they have to say. Probably not much...

Quick thought...I know that as a "member" you do not get free access to the fitness center. Am I mistaken in thinking that I get access when staying club?

i had free access to the gym under all the 3 levels.

things might have changed since then but looking at the youfirst chart, it is free for all 3 levels of their program

I just returned from a 2 night stay at PBH. I am a platinum member and booked my reservation as such after the program switched. I had no problems at all. I received my 100.00 credit as well as my welcome amenity. I was informed when I checked in that for the next 6 months the welcome amenity continue status quo. I did receive an e-mail regarding the computer glitch but this was not an issue for me at all.

Yes, you do get free fitness center access when staying club.

This is the email response I got:

Dear Mr. Doe,

Thank you for your inquiry regarding your Loews YouFirst status. Unfortunately, we are experiencing a few glitches with the new YouFirst web site which are causing some members to experience a downgrade in status. We are working diligently to resolve these issues and will reinstate your former status as soon as possible. While technology is a wonderful thing, it definitely has its challenges! Thank you for your patience during this process.

Sincerely,

Your Friends at Loews Hotels

alejules, thanks for the info. I assume you got a Portofino Suite as usual? How did they handle the $100 credit? Was it a voucher? Was it good just at the Portofino or could you use it at RPR too? thank you

I should be Platinum. I have confirmed this with corporate. Since the YouFirst program has started, I was originally Gold, then member, then Gold again, then finally Platinum as late as yesterday. Today I am back to member. So far my email have been very nice but I just sent one off expressing the level of my frustration. Not only because of this apparent computer glitched but also be cause I never received a call back from a CSR as promised or my email, both from last week regarding the following request:

Your email to me states that the "definition of qualifying stays has been greatly expanded,..." What rates now qualify that did not qualify under the old program. From the program terms and conditions, it appears to me that the same rates qualify.

I hope they get their act together soon as I am now getting a sour taste about their customer service and efficiency as a business. I think I am glad that they do not have locations in the various cities I have to travel for business because I do not have the time to be continually following up to make sure my info is correct. In all the years I have been with Marriott, I have not had one single issue. Before Loews new program was launched, I had a stay in Phila in June that they cannot seem to get associated with my account, even though I booked it direcctly through Loews reservations, they had my number at the front desk and I received all of my upgrades and amenities. I am pretty low maintenance but I am now getting to the end of my rope.

I should be Platinum. I have confirmed this with corporate. Since the YouFirst program has started, I was originally Gold, then member, then Gold again, then finally Platinum as late as yesterday. Today I am back to member. So far my email have been very nice but I just sent one off expressing the level of my frustration. Not only because of this apparent computer glitched but also be cause I never received a call back from a CSR as promised or my email, both from last week regarding the following request:

Your email to me states that the "definition of qualifying stays has been greatly expanded,..." What rates now qualify that did not qualify under the old program. From the program terms and conditions, it appears to me that the same rates qualify.

I hope they get their act together soon as I am now getting a sour taste about their customer service and efficiency as a business. I think I am glad that they do not have locations in the various cities I have to travel for business because I do not have the time to be continually following up to make sure my info is correct. In all the years I have been with Marriott, I have not had one single issue. Before Loews new program was launched, I had a stay in Phila in June that they cannot seem to get associated with my account, even though I booked it direcctly through Loews reservations, they had my number at the front desk and I received all of my upgrades and amenities. I am pretty low maintenance but I am now getting to the end of my rope.

I think we should give them some time to get their glitches worked out.

I think we should give them some time to get their glitches worked out.

I disagree. They already delayed the launch from July 1 to July 15. They have had PLENTY of time already. This isn't a mom and pop shop we're talking about here.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter