New You First Program UPDATE

I called today...call me disillusioned:rolleyes1

cliff note version:

had customer service issues last June, took it up w/RPR mgmt (@ advice of the experts here); they made it right!

while i had their "ear" i mentioned my dissatisfaction as to my blue status, when i had easily visited enough to gain gold:confused3 . Turned out that between DH & myself we had @ least 4 loews accounts:confused: . "no" i didn't request that they reissue a new account # each time i made a ressie lol.

despite loews telling me they couldn't fix it, mgmt @ RPR made it happen:banana: , said all the old accounts were cancelled & i received my gold card in the mail (with brand new account number) end of last year.

here comes the punchline...

when i tried to log in this weekend after reading all the hub-bub here, my account wasn't valid:rolleyes1 . after several subsequent failed attempts, i dug into my folder of hotel info & tried plugging in the "old" accounts....yep, they were all still valid @ Blue.:rolleyes:

worst part, when i called today; they have an email address on file for the newer Gold card that i haven't had access to since i had dial up...several couple ago...which results in fact i cannot retrieve new login info:sad2:

i'm told that "a manager" will email me in a week @ current email address & give me a temporary password to access what they indicate is still my Gold account:headache:

While the front of the house is competent, there sure is sloppy accounting in the back/accounting @ corporate. If this is not a fluke, they need some internal auditing-pronto imopopcorn::

we are platinum and never recieved any e-mail of any kind. I called Loew's today to check my status and we are still listed as platinum. I asked what the new benefits were and she said not much was different but we would now get a 50.00 hotel credit because we are platinum. I said "are you sure that is not 100.00" and she said no, the most it could be was 50.00 Is this correct? I wonder where she is getting her info?

Sounds like you were misinformed. The credit for platinum is $100 and ALOT has changed. The length of your stays no longer count, it is the amount of times you stay that counts. To keep your status you will need to stay 10 times per year to remain platinum or be downgraded to gold. :sad2:

I have another question then....if you stay two nights at PB and then switch for two nights at RPR-would that count as two stays or one? Would you get the 100.00 credit at both resorts or only one? Thanks for any help!

I guess it would be two seperate stays and you would get two credits. But you can't check into PBH and check out, then check back in again. That wouldn't qualify. :)

I have another question then....if you stay two nights at PB and then switch for two nights at RPR-would that count as two stays or one? Would you get the 100.00 credit at both resorts or only one? Thanks for any help!

I would think so. You are switching resorts. Why not go RPR, PBH, RPR, PBH and count it as 4 stays and $400?! Switch hotels every night, eat for free, and maintain your status! :lmao:

OK, I know you can hear my sarcasm, but if they want 10 stays to remain platinum, a lot of people will be doing that. AFAIK, this is the only thing that they define as a "stay":

A stay is defined as all consecutive nights at one hotel, even if the Member checks out and checks back in during those dates. The Member must reserve the room in the Member’s name and stay overnight.

I see no reason according to their new (ludicrous) rules why you shouldn't get $100 for your 2 nights at RPR and $100 for 2 nights at PBH as last I checked the RPR and PBH weren't "one hotel" as they define in their (ludicrous) rules.

I would think so. You are switching resorts. Why not go RPR, PBH, RPR, PBH and count it as 4 stays and $400?! Switch hotels every night, eat for free, and maintain your status! :lmao:

That's genius! :idea:

Hmmmmm..........wonder if I could talk DH into doing this. No way he would go for it, he hates to switch rooms in the middle of a stay let alone hotels. :rotfl:

He wouldn't switch hotels for $100 a day?! That's food money! Hell, you probably wouldn't even have to make a grocery stop. That's $100 a day for you to EAT! They're PAYING you to switch resorts!!! They'll move your luggage for you and everything.

JOIN ME IN EXPLOITING THE STUPID LOOPHOLE.

EAT FOR FREE.

HELP MAINTAIN YOUR STATUS!

Hey, I didn't write the rules. I just follow them!

He wouldn't switch hotels for $100 a day?! That's food money! Hell, you probably wouldn't even have to make a grocery stop. That's $100 a day for you to EAT! They're PAYING you to switch resorts!!! They'll move your luggage for you and everything.

Now when you put it like that.............:rotfl:

under the loews youfirst, for platinum only, you get a $100 food, beverage credit that is valid for your hotel or the other hotel.

stay at pbh and eat at tchoup tchoup.

yes, stay 2 nights at pbh then check out.
then stay 2 nights at rph.

two different reservation numbers.
two different stays.

i have found from experience with calling and emailing loews that not every employee working the phones are as knowledgeable as the others.
this happens when new programs come into existance.

what i have been doing is asking to speak to a supervisor and when i do, it has been consistant information and reliable.
they have been very nice to talk to me and answer my questions.

many are newbies and still in training that are manning the phones and helping with questions.

JOIN ME IN EXPLOITING THE STUPID LOOPHOLE.

EAT FOR FREE.

HELP MAINTAIN YOUR STATUS!

Hey, I didn't write the rules. I just follow them!

sign me up......:rolleyes1

Here's a new one for you. I've been upgraded!

I just joined Loews First a couple months ago and we had our first stay in June for three nights. We enjoyed our welcome gift. but after reading about all the changes I figured that was the last time I would get anything from this program.

Then in today's mail I get a letter: "You are one of Loew's best customers. As a result, your LoewsFirst membership has been upgraded to our exclusive Gold level." There was a new gold LoewsFirst card attached to the letter. While I appreciate the upgrade, I think these people are really screwed up.:confused3

Here's a new one for you. I've been upgraded!

I just joined Loews First a couple months ago and we had our first stay in June for three nights. We enjoyed our welcome gift. but after reading about all the changes I figured that was the last time I would get anything from this program.

Then in today's mail I get a letter: "You are one of Loew's best customers. As a result, your LoewsFirst membership has been upgraded to our exclusive Gold level." There was a new gold LoewsFirst card attached to the letter. While I appreciate the upgrade, I think these people are really screwed up.:confused3

it looks like the NEW program is like the OLD program.

that is what happened a lot before july 15th with the enhanced youfirst program

congrates....you passed go and collected $200........monopoly game if you didn't get it...

deedeetoo: Don't look a gift horse in the mouth. Just take it and enjoy it. Find a Loews Hotel somewhere near you, and stay just one night to continue to enjoy Gold through 12/31/2009.

deedeetoo: Don't look a gift horse in the mouth. Just take it and enjoy it. Find a Loews Hotel somewhere near you, and stay just one night to continue to enjoy Gold through 12/31/2009.

I wonder how many others got topped up before the switch?

Good question. I've been platinum for years so I don't know anything first hand. I can kiss platinum goodbye after 12/31/2009 though so I guess it was fun while it lasted.

Thanks for the info everyone!

Hey Subi WR - I like your suggestion! My hubby is so poed by the changes he will probably agree to it. We are only a two hour drive away. We usually make 6 or 7 trips a year and usually stay 4 nights. I think it is crazy that after all that we would not be platinum - under the new rules. So we will probably do the two-night switch for five trips. Maybe when Loews sees the craziness in this they will bo back to the old 10 stay/15 night rule.

Hi, I sent an email to Loews six days ago about my profile showing me to be at member level instead of blue, I realise with all the "teething" problems (and dissatisfied members) they will have been inundated with mail, has anyone else actually received a reply or had their membership level reinstated? We are travelling to the HRH soon and would prefer it to be sorted by then.

Cheers Michael

I wonder how many others got topped up before the switch?

How many nights did you have to stay, under the old rules/program, to be upped in membership from Blue to Gold?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter