New Year, New Experiences! A January 2016 TR - I’m here at WDW! 3/25

GAH!!! You made me snort here at work! That last picture of the unsuspecting lady! TOO FUNNY! Have a great time at Aulani. It's a great place, awesome time.

I totally laughed out loud when I saw that picture too!

Glad to hear you enjoyed Aulani also! I've heard nothing but great things about this place, so looking forward to it!

Sunday, January 3, 2016

Animal Kingdom

Well somebody got a good sleep with Lilo and Stitch that night!

Yay! I was worried I’d wake up in the middle of the night to a loud THUMP of him hitting the ground, but I’m pleased to say, that it never happened.

I took a few pictures of my growing belly

Gave my kiddo his milk to get his morning started, because just like us adults needing our coffee first thing, he needs his milk first thing too or he's one big grump.

Uh hello WAKE UP!

Don’t think I mentioned but while at DHS, we bought DS this cool light up BB-8 alarm clock that he eventually started sleeping with during the trip :confused3

By 8:20am, everyone was up and ready to hit Animal Kingdom!

While on the bus, I took a picture of our FP’s today and was saddened I’d only be able to use 1 of the 3 FP’s

:charac2:

Then I drank my tears and got strong

Heading into the park at 9:22am

And look who we see right away!

Poor thing, it was raining pretty good and I was worried about her slipping

But no, graceful as always!

Because it was rainy and cold we headed to It’s Tough to be a Bug, an attraction we rarely go to.

Just amazed by the cravings and details

Family of bugs

Cal was good the entire time! Freaked out that a bug touched his butt though at the end:rotfl2:

There was a break in the rain so I took DS over to Prehistoric Dumbo

While DH and DM were doing this

Upon closer inspection, it appears DM is removing lint from herself???:confused3:lmao:

After meeting back up once our rides were done, we got in the very short line for Goofy and Pluto

DS was feeling shy with this meet

But we still got a good family shot! BTW, love Goofy’s dino shorts!

Luckily, this was the first and last time for shy meets.

Last edited:
Sunday, January 3, 2016

The Best Meet!

It was nearing 10:45 and our FP for Kilimanjaro Safari’s was coming up at 11, so we started walking towards it, but along the way we saw a short line for Baloo and King Louie! Perfect, Cal was wearing a Jungle Book shirt!

Not a bad view while we waited!

And then I noticed this group of ‘animals’ taking selfies :laughing: I thought it was hilarious how they were all making different kinds of kissie faces, checking out their shots and trying again. DH was the one who actually told me to take a pic of them!

Right before we got up to meet them, I took DS’s sweater off so they could see his shirt and boy did they get a kick out of it! Even the handler and photographer commented on how neat his shirt was.

When we were walking away DS said, “Who were those guys?!” :rotfl:Mommy/DIS'er fail! Guess I should have educated him on the Jungle Book better!

On Kilimanjaro Safaris, my one and picture

Seriously, that’s all I got on our tour. Pathetic!

DH asked me to take a screen shot of the TiW locations once we got off KS to figure out where to eat.

Not many choices. Tusker House was out cause you needed ADR’s, Flame Tree was out (for me anyways!) cause BBQ was my enemy during pregnancy :scared:so we were looking at Pizzafari and Restaurantosaurus. DH decided Pizzafari!

We went at the most perfect time, there was hardly anyone there, so I let DS choose the table and he got himself set up with his sugar packets. He loves lining them up!

So what did we get?

I went with the Heart of Romaine Salad with Chicken

DM got a Pepperoni pizza

And DH went with the Meatball sub. That’s an antipasto salad on the side that DM didn’t want

The verdict? Surprisingly delicious! This was a new place for us and we weren’t expecting much out of it but it hit the spot. And let me tell you, how everyone loved my salad! Crunchy romaine and a copious amount of tender chicken. I just wished they chopped it up for you.

By using TiW, we saved $7.27. Hey that’s a beer for….not me

After lunch, we (they!:sad2:) still had plenty of time to make it to the EE FP at 12:20pm but decided to head that way anyway and get on right when the window opened. While walking, this CM yelled out to us, “Come on in there’s no line!” I was totally confused cause it looked like a Guest Relations building to me and I said, “That’s okay, thanks though.” DH asked what this place was and she said it’s to meet Safari Mickey and Minnie! EEERRRRKK! Pump the brakes and turn around now! Yes please! We thanked her for calling out to us and told her that it looked like a CM building (It’s actually the Adventurer’s Outpost but it looks super discreet when there’s no one around!) Another family ended up following us and said the exact same thing, that it just looked like a regular building.

This ended up being the best meet of our trip. It was like Mickey and Minnie were waiting specifically for us to arrive. We walked through the short queue that they have set up and walked straight to them

Unlike the first meet with Goofy and Pluto, he walked right up to them like they were old pals. He thought it was so funny when he gave Minnie a kiss on the nose and she returned it and made a “smacking” sound. It didn’t feel rushed at all and it was such a comfortable environment. I see that the offer FP’s for this and I would absolutely do it for next time after this positive experience!

Last edited:
Sunday, January 3, 2016

The Colossal Mickey Head

On our way out, I took a screen shot of the rest of our itinerary for the day. Oooh look what I spy! I see adult time on there!!! ::yes::

This is when we split up. DH and DM to EE and I wanted to go search for a snack I found on the Disney Food Blog :hyper: :bitelip:

So while this was happening

Something better was happening over at the Kusafiri Coffee Shop and Bakery:

A Warm Colossal Mickey Cinnamon Roll and a Hot Chocolate in a Souvenir Mug

and

:faint:

The picture doesn’t do it justice. It was BIG and piping hot! Could have used a little more icing I thought, until I tried it! See that brown sugar-caramel sauce oozing out the side? Yep. That made up for the lack of icing. And the hot chocolate was just as good as the one that we had gotten at the Writer’s Stop the day before over at DHS.

I texted DH where we were and they eventually met up with us and helped finish off the cinnamon roll.

I apparently let DS have too much of both items since he started going a bit kooky

Once there was no remnants left of the cinnamon roll, we headed over to the Island Mercantile for some shopping. DH was beyond thrilled

Actually he was peeved that DM was buying these for me

Uh, hello dude! You just saved yourself $20+ bucks by not buying them yourself, you should be happy! ::yes::

Last edited:

Glad to see Cal slept well in the fold down bed

Bummer about not being able to go on many of the attractions you had FP for ... on the bright side that mickey cinnamin bun thing you got looks amazing and I have to say I have heard nothing about it before this update - so 3 cheers for you!

You got some really great meets in! Meeting Mickey and Minnie at the Outpost is something I really want to get done this upcoming trip

Great picture - the people behind your DM and DH look scared out of their minds and then the kid in the back making the funny face ... just tremendous!

Wow, what a great M&G with Mickey and MInnie! I love it when the characters are just so excited to see you.

Love that you met King Louie and Baloo too! They are fun.

Um...your mom with the lint on her sweater in Dinosaur? Seriously? THERE WAS A GIANT DINOSAUR IN HER FACE! And she's looking at lint. :rolleyes:

One safari pic? ONE? I don't think I can read anymore. :rotfl2:

Glad Pizzafari was good! I've heard good things, but we've never tried it.

OMG that cinnamon roll! That's on my list for next trip. Lucy would love that too!

DS being kooky. So cute!

And why would DH be mad your mom bought you those tongs?

Hey, I have a Disboard technical question for you. I know how to multiquote, but whenever I do it, I don't get an individual blue box for each sentence. Mine always posts all in one, so if I'm answering a post, instead of each individual phrase, it's all in one. How do I get the individual boxes? What am I doing wrong?

Glad to see Cal slept well in the fold down bed

Bummer about not being able to go on many of the attractions you had FP for ... on the bright side that mickey cinnamin bun thing you got looks amazing and I have to say I have heard nothing about it before this update - so 3 cheers for you!

You got some really great meets in! Meeting Mickey and Minnie at the Outpost is something I really want to get done this upcoming trip

Great picture - the people behind your DM and DH look scared out of their minds and then the kid in the back making the funny face ... just tremendous!

I definitely tried to make up for the lack of FP's I was able to use in food and snacks! :rotfl2: So it kind of worked out for me in the end. I ate A LOT on this trip I felt. Trying to make up for all that first trimester morning sickness!

You DEFINITELY got to do Mickey and Minnie there, it was so great! BTW, so jealous you're leaving in a week. Looking forward to hearing all about it!

Wow, what a great M&G with Mickey and MInnie! I love it when the characters are just so excited to see you.

Love that you met King Louie and Baloo too! They are fun.

Um...your mom with the lint on her sweater in Dinosaur? Seriously? THERE WAS A GIANT DINOSAUR IN HER FACE! And she's looking at lint. :rolleyes:
One safari pic? ONE? I don't think I can read anymore. :rotfl2:

Glad Pizzafari was good! I've heard good things, but we've never tried it.

OMG that cinnamon roll! That's on my list for next trip. Lucy would love that too!

DS being kooky. So cute!

And why would DH be mad your mom bought you those tongs?

Hey, I have a Disboard technical question for you. I know how to multiquote, but whenever I do it, I don't get an individual blue box for each sentence. Mine always posts all in one, so if I'm answering a post, instead of each individual phrase, it's all in one. How do I get the individual boxes? What am I doing wrong?

Thinking back, we got a lot of character meets done this day, so it was very successful, but Mickey and Minnie was the ultimate for sure!

:rotfl::laughing:Right?!? My mom is seriously crazy!

Dude, I completely failed on KS. Guess i enjoyed it too much? :confused3 Yeah, i'll just stick with that excuse.

Do you mean when you're reading someone's TR and want to respond to that individual sentence within their TR? Or when you're responding, to replies from your own TR? I'll answer both just in case :laughing:

If you want to reply to specific sentences on someone's TR, you would highlight that entire sentence and then select 'Quote'. You can do this multiple times and it will 'save' so at the end when you want to reply to those quotes, you select, 'Post Reply' and all of the highlighted sentences you selected will be there.

For responding to replies in your own TR, the way I do it, is by copying and pasting to every sentence I want to reply back to. So for yours I would copy and paste the code at the beginning of your reply which is your username that is in the brackets (QUOTE=Clarf.....)

and place it in front of every sentence that I want to reply to. At the end of the sentence i'm replying to, you would end it with this code- [/QUOTE....]

So let's say I want to quote your reply of "DS being kooky. So cute!"

It would be like this (QUOTE="Clarf, post: 56101109,..........] DS being kooky. So cute!(/QUOTE) (remember though, it's brackets not parenthesis, I just used those to show you)

and it will end up looking like this
DS being kooky. So cute!

Hope I didn't make this too complicated :lmao:

Last edited:

For responding to replies in your own TR, the way I do it, is by copying and pasting to every sentence I want to reply back to. So for yours I would copy and paste the code at the beginning of your reply which is your username that is in the brackets (QUOTE=Clarf.....)

and place it in front of every sentence that I want to reply to. At the end of the sentence i'm replying to, you would end it with this code- [/QUOTE....]

So let's say I want to quote your reply of "DS being kooky. So cute!"

It would be like this (QUOTE="Clarf, post: 56101109,..........] DS being kooky. So cute!(/QUOTE) (remember though, it's brackets not parenthesis, I just used those to show you)

and it will end up looking like this
I was just peeking in here and saw this - I used to do it this way before they upgraded/changed the boards. Now, just highlight what you want to quote, wait for a small pop-up to show next to it with "Quote/Reply" - pick what you want. Can multi-quote like that too - just select quote. When you go to do a reply, hit insert quotes. Easy-peasy!

I was just peeking in here and saw this - I used to do it this way before they upgraded/changed the boards. Now, just highlight what you want to quote, wait for a small pop-up to show next to it with "Quote/Reply" - pick what you want. Can multi-quote like that too - just select quote. When you go to do a reply, hit insert quotes. Easy-peasy!

This works too!

But for me (I think it may have been the browser I was on!), it would only do full paragraphs as well, like Clarf is experiencing, so I would have to copy and paste the username code for each sentence I wanted to reply to. A lot of work, but it has been working for me with Firefox thank goodness!

Oh my goodness...that GIANT Mickey cinnamon roll looked heavenly! I've never seen that before. I'm definitely making note of that :)

Oh my goodness...that GIANT Mickey cinnamon roll looked heavenly! I've never seen that before. I'm definitely making note of that :)

Oh man, it is a MUST! :faint: so so delicious and massive, you've got to share it with someone! (Even though you may not want to :laughing:)

This works too!

But for me (I think it may have been the browser I was on!), it would only do full paragraphs as well, like Clarf is experiencing, so I would have to copy and paste the username code for each sentence I wanted to reply to. A lot of work, but it has been working for me with Firefox thank goodness!
Wow, that would be annoying. I've used a few browsers (and computers for that matter) and haven't had an issue. I like this so much better than having to do all the "/QUOTE" stuff.

I'll be back later to multi-quote and reply to your actual update, by the way. :rotfl:

Wow, that would be annoying. I've used a few browsers (and computers for that matter) and haven't had an issue. I like this so much better than having to do all the "/QUOTE" stuff.

I'll be back later to multi-quote and reply to your actual update, by the way. :rotfl:

I realize now what it is. My old computer does not update browsers anymore so it doesn't have the latest version! Depending on where i'm at, i'll either use my old one or my new and my old one makes it so much harder for me to reply :headache:

Yay! I was worried I’d wake up in the middle of the night to a loud THUMP of him hitting the ground, but I’m pleased to say, that it never happened.
Yay for Cal! :cool1: I was wondering how he'd do when I saw no bedrail. But at least it's close to the ground.

Gave my kiddo his milk to get his morning started, because just like us adults needing our coffee first thing, he needs his milk first thing too or he's one big grump.
Izzy would support this. :thumbsup2

While on the bus, I took a picture of our FP’s today and was saddened I’d only be able to use 1 of the 3 FP’s
:sad: And even with the ride-endorsing doctor too! Those are pretty wild ones, though.

Cal was good the entire time! Freaked out that a bug touched his butt though at the end:rotfl2:
Good for him! And I think everyone is freaked out by that last part. :laughing: Did he keep the glasses on the whole time?

IMG_4051.jpg
Such a cute smile! :love:

Luckily, this was the first and last time for shy meets.
:thumbsup2 Glad to hear it.

When we were walking away DS said, “Who were those guys?!” :rotfl:Mommy/DIS'er fail! Guess I should have educated him on the Jungle Book better!
:lmao:

We went at the most perfect time, there was hardly anyone there, so I let DS choose the table and he got himself set up with his sugar packets. He loves lining them up!
What does he do with them? Just line them up? Have them as an appetizer? :confused3

While walking, this CM yelled out to us, “Come on in there’s no line!” I was totally confused cause it looked like a Guest Relations building to me and I said, “That’s okay, thanks though.” DH asked what this place was and she said it’s to meet Safari Mickey and Minnie! EEERRRRKK! Pump the brakes and turn around now! Yes please!
That's pretty much exactly how our first meet there happened (though the line was longer than they indicated). It looks like some random building, but luckily I asked them what it was. So glad they stopped you!

:lovestruc So sweet!

I see that the offer FP’s for this and I would absolutely do it for next time after this positive experience!
This has consistently been a great meet for us! :thumbsup2

Oooh look what I spy! I see adult time on there!!! ::yes::
:cool1: Exciting!

Wow, I had no idea that existed! :eek: Sounds awesome and I love hot chocolate....actually, I'll have to keep that in mind, as our next trip is December and it could be chilly enough for hot chocolate. :drinking1

But I see you had the cushion underneath. Veteran move, right there.

Drew is the same way. Every morning, he needs milk and a Pop-Tart.

Who wouldn't be?

Upon closer inspection, it appears DM is removing lint from herself???:confused3:lmao:

:rotfl2: Maybe she's crossing herself.

And then I noticed this group of ‘animals’ taking selfies :laughing: I thought it was hilarious how they were all making different kinds of kissie faces, checking out their shots and trying again.

:sad2:

When we were walking away DS said, “Who were those guys?!” :rotfl:

:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

Flame Tree was out (for me anyways!) cause BBQ was my enemy during pregnancy :scared:

michael-scott-no%255B1%255D.gif

While walking, this CM yelled out to us, “Come on in there’s no line!” I was totally confused cause it looked like a Guest Relations building to me and I said, “That’s okay, thanks though.” DH asked what this place was and she said it’s to meet Safari Mickey and Minnie! EEERRRRKK! Pump the brakes and turn around now! Yes please!

Weird. I have no idea what building that is. But I'm glad you stopped!

So while this was happening

No lint here, I see.

drooling_homer-712749_gif.png.jpg

I apparently let DS have too much of both items since he started going a bit kooky

:lmao::rotfl2::rotfl:

Wait are you in FL now?! I'm sorry I totally missed this! You don't have a PTR or TR going that I don't know about do you???

I must be having some brain problems because I thought for sure I had told you. I'm so sorry :flower3: Moved down May 16, started work May 23. It's been a whirlwind. Supposed to be closing on a house August 15, then Panama Canal cruise August 26 :faint: I can't wait to get out of this rental though, I'm missing my stuff! No TR going on, but I will do one for the PC.

Great update :)

Was there no bed rails for the Murphy bed? They had them on the one at VGF. Glad he was comfy.

We had an awesome interaction with Mickey and Minnie there too!

Too cute wearing his Jungle Book shirt and meeting King Louis and Baloo. He hasn't seen that movie???
Goodness gracious that cinnamon roll looks good! popcorn::

Did DH not like the tongs?

Omg, the baby is soooo adorable! Calvin is getting so big! Glad he could ride the big kid rides now!

Aulani!!!! I'm so jealous! I want to go some of these days!

Jill in CO

Just trying to get caught up after my trip. After all the talk about multi-quoting, I hate doing it from my phone so I'll just comment on what I remember.

We are going to have to get one of those cinnamon rolls at AK next trip, but only after I have had my fair share of protein.

So glad that Calving didn't fall out of his bed, and your Mom is quite good at providing comic relief! Looking forward to hearing the rest. And of course about Aulani!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter