New Year, New Experiences! A January 2016 TR - I’m here at WDW! 3/25

As you can tell, I'm on FB more often than here lately but I just wanted to tell you again what a cutie he is!! I know Calvin will continue to be a great big brother. So happy for you guys!

Glad to hear you made it in time like you wanted ... and in time to beat DH as well! Good thing he doesn't over react or anything though ;)

Love the Muppet show! And it is very mature and doesn't use any cheap 3D trick or anything which is nice ;)

So I heard the Writer's Stop didn't close - they have, at least temporarily, converted it to a lounge area for Sci Fi - they still have coffee, etc. but also some more appetizer like food and alcoholic drinks :D

I love the streetmophere performers! My understanding is they haven't gotten rid of all of the Citizen's of Hollywood but a some whose contracts were up they didn't renew ... so cut back, not totally cut

DH is way over the top competitive. If it was a dude playing against him, no problem, but me, pfft his fits are as big as Calvin's!

Ah i'm so happy they didn't close it!

And i'm also glad to know it's not completely cut. It was my first time really seeing them and they were great!

This was our strategy last trip too. Granola bars and fruit on the way to the bus stop made life much easier in the morning!

It really, really does. And not having to actually cook is a huge plus for me!

Seriously? What in the world? :confused3

Still confused about this months later.

Congratulations! :thumbsup2

That was a huge accomplishment for us :laughing:

That's great that he enjoyed the show! I think we may try to squeeze it in but the boys have never seen the Muppets so I've been wondering if they would be totally lost.

Hope you were able to see it on this past trip!

This is usually my strategy when one of the boys gets hurt. Parenting at it's finest!

:rotfl: Glad i'm not the only one that uses food to soothe!

What a fun tradition! And I'm sure DS enjoyed his little treat. It's funny how chocolate can make those little hurts go away pretty quickly!

I must be hurting daily for the amount of chocolate I eat!

Wow! I'm not sure how often I've heard of it filling to capacity. Glad you got seats. It's a short, cute show and a nice relaxing way to fill the time.

I know, whenever we've gone in, we're always near the front or middle of the line so have had no issues getting to sit altogether.

I think they just reduced the cast by not renewing some contracts. But still sad because they are hilarious!

Wonder which ones didn't get renewed...

Great family photo!

Thank you! :goodvibes

I love Calvin's Mickey sweatshirt. And he looks so cute holding the 3D glasses!:goodvibes

My child has SO MUCH Disney attire, it's insane! But at least Quentin is fully stocked up for when he gets older :thumbsup2

That's great he enjoyed it! :thumbsup2 Too bad he got a little upset...

It was so random that he got upset cause he didn't like wearing the glasses :confused3

Good for you! Yeah Star Tours definitely isn't the worst thing to ride, especially in HS.

Exactly!
Nothing a snack can't fix!:rotfl2:

Totally, I do that all the time myself! My favorite character dies off a show, I grab a snickers! :lmao:

He looks happy now!:goodvibes That's a big blueberry muffin:rotfl2:

It was massive! I make my own blueberry muffins at home that I freeze and put in his lunch for school and they are like a 1/3 of the size of that muffin, so when he saw it, it was like woah!

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:But that hat is just fantastic!:thumbsup2

Isn't it though?! But man, it must get hot in that outfit in the Summer :faint:

Yes, I believe it is not a rumor, very sad...:confused3 It's like HS isn't HS anymore...

I know, all the changes are so sad.

Another huge snack! Disney snacks sometimes seem like they are on steroids:rotfl: Looks yummy though:thumbsup2

No kidding, and I ain't complainin'!

I have to say I have never seen it either. And probably ever won't. Looking forward to hearing about it!:goodvibes

I thought it was entertaining, but definitely not something i'd do every trip.

Ugh when we stayed there, we were in building 40. I knew that if we went to the room after getting off the DME we would never make it to dinner, so we had dinner and then went to the room and crashed.

Yikes, just checked out the map, that's pretty far. How did you get back to the room? On one of those golf carts??

Geez! Fran gets mad a me for being addicted to MY phone for the DIS. He sounds like he's way worse!

He's pretty bad, he is really obsessed with this game of his! And now that i'm thinking it about it, it's probably because he's not able to get on his PS4 the way he used to now that Calvin has taken over the living room :laughing:

Yikes! Where the heck is your doctor???? All the roads I've been on in your neck of the woods have been flat and straight.

So i'm on the other side of Tulare and to get to my doctor, the fastest way is using the country roads but they are awful! Tractors and semis have ruined the majority of the roads so it's like kinda like riding on the Matterhorn:laughing::eek:

I hope it's not closed!

So I was wrong it's still open!

That muffin is almost as big as he is!

Isn't it massive!

That's good to hear! I've never seen it.

Yeah not something i'd watch every trip, but it was fun to experience something new!

Yikes, just checked out the map, that's pretty far. How did you get back to the room? On one of those golf carts??

No we had our scooters, but we were halfway there and I realized that we needed to go back and have dinner. DME brought our bags while we were at dinner.

So i'm on the other side of Tulare and to get to my doctor, the fastest way is using the country roads but they are awful! Tractors and semis have ruined the majority of the roads so it's like kinda like riding on the Matterhorn:laughing::eek:

OK, so I know the cemetary (as Arline lived across from it) and just up the street (her house with her husband was just two blocks up the same street) and the Hampton (plus McDonald's Denny's, Luke's, etc), then the Outlet Mall and the Home Depot area. We also took her to the DMV which was on the other side of town. I'm not sure I can imagine where your house is!

I can't remember if I posted here already or not, but I have loved reading your report, especially because I will be about 22wks pregnant at the time of my upcoming trip as well! Looks like you had a lot of fun!

Ooh that will be a perfect time in your pregnancy! Hopefully you don't have any morning sickness. About 2 weeks before the trip, my morning sickness came back and I was so scared that I wasn't going to eat anything, but it ended up going away a few days before!

:wave: I'm subbbing in.
What a pain about the stroller. It's always hard to keep positive when something goes wrong on vacation, especially right from the start, but being at Disney definitely makes it all seem ok does't it :lovestruc

Hi and Welcome!

You're so right, it's hard to shake the negative stuff off, especially when it's something essential like a stroller.

:furious: I can't believe it was still missing. :sad1:

I was so bummed that I had to use that stroller at DHS! I was hoping to avoid using it at any park.

:lmao: I've seen that look from Dug too (not related to that game, since he doesn't play it, but just general panic about his phone being unaccounted for).

:rotfl2:For DH, it's all about making sure his game gets updated and that's the only reason he keeps his phone on him. Not for emergencies or checking in with his family or anything :rolleyes1
:rotfl2: Way to go! :thumbsup2

:lmao: Thanks I do my best to humiliate him!

I suspect your doctor is suddenly going to have an influx of patients who have a Disney trip planned. :scratchin (But, I get it - I ride the bus to work and we are on the interstate in heavy rush hour traffic, slamming on breaks, driving in bumpy shoulders, swerving around, etc. - and the doctors were always totally cool with that, but not Test Track? I mean, they are pretty much the same motion, but at least Test Track has seatbelts.)

Exactly! It never made sense to me but my first pregnancy, I followed all the rules. This time around, I was much more relaxed about things. And yes, I did go on Test Track :hyper:

I want to spend December at your house! :hyper: Sounds fun! And I love hot chocolate! Interestingly, Izzy has been talking about hot chocolate all the time recently, but I know I haven't given her any. :confused3 Just tonight, she was trying to get me to do something or other and was like, "Mommy, if you do this, I will give you a hot chocolate!" :rotfl:

You're welcome anytime! When Winter comes, you'll have to try this one. And this one. :hyper:

Catching up on your report!

I love the story with your DH following the old woman, and the fact the your DS got pictures of reaction without you knowing is hilarious!

:lmao:It was hilarious and the fact that DS documented my reactions was even better!

I stayed at old key west once and was blown away by the size! I felt like it was a mini apartment (it was also my first time staying at a 2 bedroom villa

I bet the 2 Bedroom Villas are MASSIVE! They are so comfortable and relaxing.

Looks like a successful morning at DHS, i am excited to read / see about the poly villas!

That will be coming up soon I hope :laughing: It's taking me like an hour to get through a few replies now that I have two kids to tend to :eek::upsidedow

Congratulations! He's beautiful!

Congratulations-he's precious!

Congratulations, what a beautiful baby!

Oh Alicia, so happy for you all. Welcome to the world Quentin!!!!

Congratulations to you and your family Alicia! He is beautiful!:lovestruc

Aw, so sweet! Thanks for sharing the update! Congratulations to your family!

That's awesome! Congratulations!!!!

Funny thing is I almost sent you a pm Monday after DW had her appointment. I was thinking about how close we were getting and knew you had to be close. I kind of wondered if he was here since I hadn't seen you online for a few days.

Congrats!!!!

He is so adorable!! Congrats and welcome to life as a mom of 2 lol :))

Congratulations!! Quentin is absolutely precious. Calvin is adorable as well, you can tell he really loves his new little brother!

Congratulations! What a handsome little man.

Congratulations again, Alisha, Dan and Calvin. What a cute addition to your family and what an awesome family of four you are!

Congratulations Alicia. He looks very handsome.

Congratulations! Beautiful photos, love to you all xxx

Congratulations! I saw it on FB, bit didn't want to ruin your thunder here by posting anything! He is adorable, and they will make sweet brothers!

I saw on FB too but congratulations again!!! He is too precious for words!! You all make a beautiful family :love:

Those pictures of Calvin & Quentin are the sweetest! He is going to be a great big bro!

And I am finally all caught up on your TR so once life settles down for you (if that's even possible :rotfl:) we will be waiting for the next installment :thumbsup2

Congrats again!!! party:

Congratulations and very glad to hear Calvin is into this whole Big Brother thing!

Awww, congrats again! He is beautiful and Calvin is going to bet the BEST big brother. :)

Jill in CO

Congratulations! The day before my birthday!

Congrats, he is adorable!

Congratulations!!!! He's Adorable, just like his big brother!! You're very blessed!

First time posting here, but I've read all your TRs
Congratulations he is absolutly beautiful x

Another huge congratulations to you all! :grouphug:

Congratulations!!!!!

Congratulations. He is adorable.

Alicia!! He is just too adorable for words!! So happy for you guys!! :hug:

Congrats on your new baby boy!

Congratulations on the birth of your beautiful son! Calvin looks like such a great big brother too!

Congratulations on the new baby!!

Congratulations, he is gorgeous :flower3:

Quentin is just gorgeous! Congratulations!
You've got a beautiful family.

I hope it's happy baby, and happy mama still!

Congratulations! What a beautiful family you have.

Congratulations...... Such Wonderful News!!!! You are now officially a party of 4 :)

Congratulations!! He's beautiful!

Congratulations, Alicia! I'm glad everyone is doing well!

Congratulations! He's adorable!

Congratulations!!! He's beautiful :) look at his full head of hair!

Congratulations! He's beautiful!

As you can tell, I'm on FB more often than here lately but I just wanted to tell you again what a cutie he is!! I know Calvin will continue to be a great big brother. So happy for you guys!

Wow thank you all so much for the well wishes, I feel so loved! :love::love::love:

He is two weeks now and we're finally starting to get into a routine, although nighttime is pretty inconsistent. Sometimes he gives me 1 1/2 hour stretches of sleep and on bad nights, it's about 45 minute stretches. However, I don't feel as tired as I should be during the day, so i'm grateful for that.

I'm over halfway caught up with my subbed threads and then i'll post an update here! :)

OK, so I know the cemetary (as Arline lived across from it) and just up the street (her house with her husband was just two blocks up the same street) and the Hampton (plus McDonald's Denny's, Luke's, etc), then the Outlet Mall and the Home Depot area. We also took her to the DMV which was on the other side of town. I'm not sure I can imagine where your house is!

Yeah we're on the East side of Mooney Blvd so don't think you've even been out that far.

I'm way late to this party, but congratulations!! He is precious and you look so happy! Glad Calvin is adjusting to life as a big brother!

Saturday, January 2, 2016

Indy and the Table Stealer

I left us off leaving our cozy bench watching Citizens of Hollywood to make the 2pm showing of the Indy Stunt Show.

Assuming we had time (it was 1:30 after all!), we ran into the Outpost to check out their gear. DS was ready for the show!

Then I looked at the price tag of the hat

Heck no, for that price the whole family has to be able to wear it!

We skedaddled out of their pretty quickly and made it over to the queue about 20 minutes till show time where we were told we could wait in line but that there was a chance there would be standing room only. Yikes! But we took our chances, this was our last showing option and we weren’t coming back to DHS.

While in line, one of the family’s in front of us had a kid, maybe 5 or 6, grabbing himself asking to be taken to the restroom. The mom started looking around, pointed to the plants in the queue and said, “Go here.” He totally didn’t want to poor kid, but yep she pulled his pants down and made him pee right there in front of everyone :scared: Disgusting. I’ve heard of people seeing things like this, but I’ve never witnessed it, until now.

They started letting people in and I was really praying we could get seats and we did! We actually got great seats on the very far left of the stadium down near the front! This is zoomed in a bit but totally worth not waiting 30+ minutes for!

DS was totally intrigued and really into it!

Oh, that’s not his captivated look…

It’s his ‘I’m going to pass out’ look :thumbsup2

I really did enjoy the show, especially all the stunts they did with the vehicles and climbing the buildings.

After the show, we put DS back in his ultra comfy stroller and propped up his head with a sweater and he immediately fell back asleep. Now what to do? Our usual DHS routine of course! :hyper: Send DM and DH to have drinks at the Tune In Lounge while I go grab my popcorn! We parted ways and not even a minute later got a call asking where I was. There was no room anywhere and people were lined up 2 deep at the bar waiting for drinks.

We met back up and I suggested that they go check out the new lounge area outside the HBD and they wanted me to come with them. I told them just to go and that their odds would be better for them to get a table without me and DS along. So I sat on the rim of the lounge enjoying my popcorn and people watching

Poor kid didn’t look comfortable but he made it work

DH came back within a few minutes and told me to grab my stuff and the stroller and that they found a four top (a high bar table), I said no just to go on ahead and sit there and that I was fine but he insisted I go. I gathered everything, went to the table that DM was at, sat down and got approached by a CM that there was actually a line to wait for tables :blush::blush::blush: How embarrassing! I’m going to assume DM is the one that bum-rushed in on that empty table, mowing people down

Now my nice people watching spot was gone and these two clowns were chowing down on my popcorn! Not ideal.

We were still trying to figure out what to do to pass the time until dinner, so we just started walking until we found ourselves on the Streets of America

I would love this in my house!

Not the mama!

Somewhere in between looking around, DH got to his PP shenanigans. They are pretty tame now, but they get funnier later on :thumbsup2

DS also joined the mix at some point

Now we are notorious for saying ‘What should we do?” at this park. And this trip was no different. We still had half an hour before our dinner ADR and we were ready for it. So we decided to check in early and see if they could get us in sooner.

Last edited:

Saturday, January 2, 2016

Sci-Fi Linner

We wanted to check in early to Sci-Fi and everyone else had the same idea and boy was it crowded over there!

Luckily, there was a CM out blowing bubbles for the kids, which DS totally enjoyed! And you can see DM right behind DS :rolleyes2 Can’t let him out of her sight.

Unfortunately, the only seating outside was right near the menu, where I had to hear those poor unfortunate souls say, “This sounds good, let’s eat here!” and seconds later walk out looking defeated :guilty: We got called after about 20-25 minutes of waiting and were led to…..

a picnic table.

I knew what was coming.

This is DM’s favorite restaurant on Disney property because of the sci-fi trailers and of course, eating in the old school cars. She asked if we could sit in one of the empty cars and was told by the hostess showing us our table that it could take 15 minutes or more to get a car. DM said we’d wait.

It only took about 5 minutes of us sitting in the lobby area before we were called and led to

the very first row!

DM was a happy camper! Or rather, movie goer.

Sorry no menu photos cause we knew immediately what we wanted to order.

DH was dying to try the Fried Pickles as an appetizer. Also, it took me forever to realize that this wasn’t an egg yolk but a blob of horseradish dipping sauce.

So while we were waiting for our table, I had received a text from from the Poly that our room wasn’t quite ready yet. Obviously all was good, but what excited me the most was that I didn’t receive that text telling me to see the front desk about the room like I did at OKW! Then at 5:00pm, I got this text

UGGGGH! NOOOOO! I knew what was in store for us (Me!) when we went back to the Poly that night.

As per usual, we all went with our own variations of the Angus Burger

And we asked to get our picture taken

During dinner, DH had muttered something about his video game so I asked him to repeat what he said. But of course, all eyes on him now so he changed up his tone and attitude immediately:rotfl2:

Now to the most important part of the meal

There were three things I really wanted to try on here, not including the chocolate milkshake. That just needs to happen like water. The Donut, the Candy Bar and the Cheesecake all sounded delicious! But I knew they weren’t going to go for the cheesecake cause they’re not fans.

Side Note: While writing this, I asked DH how he couldn’t like cheesecake? And he turns and gives me the look. I’ve been finding out more about my husband in the last year than I have in the first year of us dating. About a year ago, I found out that when he says he doesn’t like something, it’s because he really does like it :faint: For instance, mayo on burgers. Ever since I’ve known him, he’s asked to sub Mustard, no mayo. Turns out, he loves the stuff but forces himself to say he hates it so he won’t eat it. Does this guy not understand, he could have had me killed! If someone put a gun to my head and said, “Does DH like mayo??” I would have said no and been shot! So I guess Cheesecake is on his ‘Lies’ list.

Anyways, I pushed hard for the Donut and Candy Bar and they ordered them

The Candy Bar was delicious but only after a few bites and it got to be too much, but that Donut?! ::yes:: Incredible.

And we finally got to use our TiW card for the first time! We saved $21.00 this meal.

ugh - that sounds so annoying to be talked into leaving your spot only to find out that DM illegally bogarted the table and now your spot was gone

oh well, at least it all ended well and you got a great spot in a car at front! And nice family picture of you all

I'm glad you ordered those desserts as I was interested it them based on the menu - so now we have lots of decisions to make next trip

Oh, and for the record, when I say I don't like cheesecake it is because I really do not like cheesecake ;)

ugh - that sounds so annoying to be talked into leaving your spot only to find out that DM illegally bogarted the table and now your spot was gone

Right?!? I was totally comfortable and I think they felt bad that I was sitting by myself, but really, I enjoyed the peace and quiet!

oh well, at least it all ended well and you got a great spot in a car at front! And nice family picture of you all

Heck yes, I'll wait an additional 5 minutes for the front!

I'm glad you ordered those desserts as I was interested it them based on the menu - so now we have lots of decisions to make next trip

Yes the donut dessert was delicious and different! It's hard to say no to donuts.

Oh, and for the record, when I say I don't like cheesecake it is because I really do not like cheesecake ;)

Ugh, you're killing me smalls!

Ugh, you're killing me smalls!

well, to clarify I don't like cream cheese (for some reason just the tang or something, don't like it) - so I do enjoy cheesecake if made with ricotta or marscapone (actually, I really enjoy them) - but traditional cheesecake I can't do

Love those PP pics...so funny. I really wanted to try that Candy Bar at Sci Fi...but was way too full. It looks good but I guess it's good that you shared...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter