New Year, New Experiences! A January 2016 TR - I’m here at WDW! 3/25

Heck no, for that price the whole family has to be able to wear it!

:rotfl2: Geez, how much was it? :confused3 I'm guessing Disney pricing, around 50 bucks?

The mom started looking around, pointed to the plants in the queue and said, “Go here.” He totally didn’t want to poor kid, but yep she pulled his pants down and made him pee right there in front of everyone :scared: Disgusting. I’ve heard of people seeing things like this, but I’ve never witnessed it, until now.

Oh my god, twice in one week or so, both at DHS. What are these people thinking? Not only is it gross, but the lessons they are teaching these kids is horrible!

:hyper: Send DM and DH to have drinks at the Tune In Lounge while I go grab my popcorn!

I want to go to Tune in with your DM and DH!

I gathered everything, went to the table that DM was at, sat down and got approached by a CM that there was actually a line to wait for tables :blush::blush::blush:

Ooops! I don't know why that is so common at WDW. At least at DL, most places you can just grab a table, or they monitor the entrance like the Cove Bar.

Now my nice people watching spot was gone and these two clowns were chowing down on my popcorn! Not ideal.

Ugh.

Unfortunately, the only seating outside was right near the menu, where I had to hear those poor unfortunate souls say, “This sounds good, let’s eat here!” and seconds later walk out looking defeated :guilty:

It amazes me about how many people don't do their homework (although I really didn't on my first trip in 1993). Even worse the people on the dining plan who don't have ADRs and end up eating practically every meal in Morocco!

DM was a happy camper! Or rather, movie goer.

Nice score. And always keep DM happy.

UGGGGH! NOOOOO! I knew what was in store for us (Me!) when we went back to the Poly that night.

Sorry. Did you ever figure out the problem?

About a year ago, I found out that when he says he doesn’t like something, it’s because he really does like it :faint: For instance, mayo on burgers. Ever since I’ve known him, he’s asked to sub Mustard, no mayo. Turns out, he loves the stuff but forces himself to say he hates it so he won’t eat it.

Your DH is crazy.

And we finally got to use our TiW card for the first time! We saved $21.00 this meal.

Don't you love that card? I still have to tally up our expenses and savings.

well, to clarify I don't like cream cheese (for some reason just the tang or something, don't like it) - so I do enjoy cheesecake if made with ricotta or marscapone (actually, I really enjoy them) - but traditional cheesecake I can't do

Well that's more acceptable then.

Love those PP pics...so funny. I really wanted to try that Candy Bar at Sci Fi...but was way too full. It looks good but I guess it's good that you shared...

It is definitely a dessert that you share, it was really rich, but good!

:rotfl2: Geez, how much was it? :confused3 I'm guessing Disney pricing, around 50 bucks?

Yep it was! I can seeing paying that for an adult, but for a boy who's head keeps growing, it's not a good deal! :rotfl2:

Oh my god, twice in one week or so, both at DHS. What are these people thinking? Not only is it gross, but the lessons they are teaching these kids is horrible!

And I totally guessed on Andy's TR, not really thinking it was going to happen. How dirty! Something about DHS that brings out the p*** in people!

I want to go to Tune in with your DM and DH!

It would be great if one day our paths cross at WDW again! It's bound to happen eventually. If not, DLR again for sure!

Ooops! I don't know why that is so common at WDW. At least at DL, most places you can just grab a table, or they monitor the entrance like the Cove Bar.

Yep, exactly like the Cove Bar and the thing is, I saw the looong line as DH and I walked past them to walk to the table, so how could they miss it??? :laughing:

:headache:

It amazes me about how many people don't do their homework (although I really didn't on my first trip in 1993). Even worse the people on the dining plan who don't have ADRs and end up eating practically every meal in Morocco!

Same here. Didn't plan much in 2008. Actually, DH did all the meal reservations!

:lmao:Cause you know you can always grab an ADR last minute in Morocco!!! :laughing:

Nice score. And always keep DM happy.

That's right!

Sorry. Did you ever figure out the problem?

At OKW, they said it had to do with Online Check-In and the MB's. Then at the Poly, they said it was because I didn't check out of OKW so it was registering that I was still staying there :confused3 So I made sure to check out of the Poly when we moved over to AKV but still had problems!:mad:

Your DH is crazy.

Yes, yes he is!

Don't you love that card? I still have to tally up our expenses and savings.

Imagine how much more we could have saved if I was drinking??? Or wait does that make sense :confused3 Technically we saved since I wasn't drinking :laughing: Well, you get what i'm saying.

YUCK! I had no idea people peed like that at WDW, but have now seen it in 2 trip reports!

Sorry your room wasn't ready. Hope it all turned out well.

While in line, one of the family’s in front of us had a kid, maybe 5 or 6, grabbing himself asking to be taken to the restroom. The mom started looking around, pointed to the plants in the queue and said, “Go here.” He totally didn’t want to poor kid, but yep she pulled his pants down and made him pee right there in front of everyone :scared: Disgusting. I’ve heard of people seeing things like this, but I’ve never witnessed it, until now.
Geez, what is wrong with people? :confused3

Oh, that’s not his captivated look…

:rotfl2:

DH came back within a few minutes and told me to grab my stuff and the stroller and that they found a four top (a high bar table), I said no just to go on ahead and sit there and that I was fine but he insisted I go. I gathered everything, went to the table that DM was at, sat down and got approached by a CM that there was actually a line to wait for tables :blush::blush::blush: How embarrassing! I’m going to assume DM is the one that bum-rushed in on that empty table, mowing people down
Ugh, so annoying and uncomfortable! :headache:

IMG_3962.jpg
Aw, I love this! :lovestruc

DH was dying to try the Fried Pickles as an appetizer.
Yum! Love fried pickles.

During dinner, DH had muttered something about his video game so I asked him to repeat what he said. But of course, all eyes on him now so he changed up his tone and attitude immediately:rotfl2:
That is hilarious! :lmao:

The Candy Bar was delicious but only after a few bites and it got to be too much, but that Donut?! ::yes:: Incredible.
Looks really yummy!

YUCK! I had no idea people peed like that at WDW, but have now seen it in 2 trip reports!

Sorry your room wasn't ready. Hope it all turned out well.

:rotfl2:Did you see that on Andy's TR?? Gah, I don't understand why people think the world's a toilet:confused3

It does...eventually!

Geez, what is wrong with people? :confused3

And I was happy about it! I was wondering if/when he was going to take a nap!

Ugh, so annoying and uncomfortable! :headache:

Definitely embarrassing, but thank GOODNESS we didn't have to walk past that line of people cause I know they all saw us get kicked out! :blush:

Aw, I love this! :lovestruc

Isn't that too adorable?

Yum! Love fried pickles.

It was so good! I don't remember if i've ever tried them before, but they hit the spot.
That is hilarious! :lmao:

Such an actor :rolleyes:

Looks really yummy!

They were both tasty!

DS was ready for the show!
Lookin' good!!!

Then I looked at the price tag of the hat
Um... well, at least you got a picture.

While in line, one of the family’s in front of us had a kid, maybe 5 or 6, grabbing himself asking to be taken to the restroom. The mom started looking around, pointed to the plants in the queue and said, “Go here.” He totally didn’t want to poor kid, but yep she pulled his pants down and made him pee right there in front of everyone :scared: Disgusting. I’ve heard of people seeing things like this, but I’ve never witnessed it, until now.
:sad2: At least in this case he watered a plant instead of washing a wall.

It’s his ‘I’m going to pass out’ look :thumbsup2
:rotfl2: Well, I guess it is time to sit back and enjoy the show!

After the show, we put DS back in his ultra comfy stroller and propped up his head with a sweater and he immediately fell back asleep. Now what to do? Our usual DHS routine of course! :hyper: Send DM and DH to have drinks at the Tune In Lounge while I go grab my popcorn!
I almost forgot... I don't know how I could.

said no just to go on ahead and sit there and that I was fine but he insisted I go. I gathered everything, went to the table that DM was at, sat down and got approached by a CM that there was actually a line to wait for tables :blush::blush::blush: How embarrassing! I’m going to assume DM is the one that bum-rushed in on that empty table, mowing people down
Well, crap! :headache:

Now my nice people watching spot was gone and these two clowns were chowing down on my popcorn! Not ideal.
:sad2:

So in other words, you're saying you can only have fun in DHS if they're not sober? :rolleyes1 :rotfl:

Somewhere in between looking around, DH got to his PP shenanigans. They are pretty tame now, but they get funnier later on :thumbsup2
I always look forward to seeing what he does. I'm just waiting for your DS to get older and get in on the antics with him.

And you can see DM right behind DS :rolleyes2 Can’t let him out of her sight.
That's why you take her, right? :rolleyes1

We got called after about 20-25 minutes of waiting and were led to…..

a picnic table.

I knew what was coming.

This is DM’s favorite restaurant on Disney property because of the sci-fi trailers and of course, eating in the old school cars. She asked if we could sit in one of the empty cars and was told by the hostess showing us our table that it could take 15 minutes or more to get a car. DM said we’d wait.
:faint:

It only took about 5 minutes of us sitting in the lobby area before we were called and led to
Whew, glad it wasn't too much longer.

The Candy Bar was delicious but only after a few bites and it got to be too much, but that Donut?! ::yes:: Incredible.
I don't think I'd have thought to order the donut... but having seen a picture of it, I'd be all over that!!! Donut.. cinnamon apples... I'm in!

Lookin' good!!!

Looked good for 30 seconds then I ripped the hat off before I was left responsible for any damages that he would do! :laughing:

Um... well, at least you got a picture.

And it was free:thumbsup2

:sad2: At least in this case he watered a plant instead of washing a wall.

Very true, I did hear that a tiny bit of urine was good for plants.

:rotfl2: Well, I guess it is time to sit back and enjoy the show!

And that's exactly what I did!

I almost forgot... I don't know how I could.

It's always (well, usually) an eventful occasion!

Well, crap! :headache:

Yep that sucked.

So in other words, you're saying you can only have fun in DHS if they're not sober? :rolleyes1 :rotfl:

::yes:: That's exactly what i'm trying to say!

I always look forward to seeing what he does. I'm just waiting for your DS to get older and get in on the antics with him.

Oh gosh and DS ain't shy so this will most definitely happen.

That's why you take her, right? :rolleyes1

Hmm, true. :scratchin

Really though, who wants to sit at a picnic table at Sci-Fi? You can do that anywhere!

Whew, glad it wasn't too much longer.

I'm surprised it wasn't longer actually!

I don't think I'd have thought to order the donut... but having seen a picture of it, I'd be all over that!!! Donut.. cinnamon apples... I'm in!

Oh dude, you'll totally have to go for it one of these days!

And I totally guessed on Andy's TR, not really thinking it was going to happen. How dirty! Something about DHS that brings out the p*** in people!

That's just gross! I hope that they have the same kind of black light devices that we have at home to look for cat you know what. And then they can clean up all the places that people have fowled.

It would be great if one day our paths cross at WDW again! It's bound to happen eventually. If not, DLR again for sure!

With DH a school teacher you tend to travel at the times when we try to avoid! :rotfl:

Yep, exactly like the Cove Bar and the thing is, I saw the looong line as DH and I walked past them to walk to the table, so how could they miss it??? :laughing:

:rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl:

Imagine how much more we could have saved if I was drinking??? Or wait does that make sense :confused3 Technically we saved since I wasn't drinking :laughing: Well, you get what i'm saying.

That's funny! But yeah I get it!

With DH a school teacher you tend to travel at the times when we try to avoid! :rotfl:

Alright DLR then! :hyper:

That's just gross! I hope that they have the same kind of black light devices that we have at home to look for cat you know what. And then they can clean up all the places that people have fowled.

Do you guys use one at home? I thought all your kitties were veteran litter box champs?

ETA: You should feel good knowing I used my 6,000 post asking about your cats pee situation :rotfl2::rotfl:

Do you guys use one at home? I thought all your kitties were veteran litter box champs?

At the new house things are much better, but I'm not sure if you remember that when we went to my sister's house in Seattle for Thanksgiving the first year in the new house, Naked Jim's daughter brought over a chihuahua. They had thanksgiving at our house. For months the cats were expressing their "objections". They are better now, but it took a good six months.

ETA: You should feel good knowing I used my 6,000 post asking about your cats pee situation :rotfl2::rotfl:

I'm so glad I had swallowed my sip of coffee before I read this. I would have spit it all over the phone!

Just let the rain take care of it. Thankfully it rains almost daily in Orlando... unlike your part of the world.

You'd probably never want to go back if they did the black light test there. It might be even more scary than you could imagine. :rolleyes1

Congratulations on 6000 clearly very meaningful posts.

At the new house things are much better, but I'm not sure if you remember that when we went to my sister's house in Seattle for Thanksgiving the first year in the new house, Naked Jim's daughter brought over a chihuahua. They had thanksgiving at our house. For months the cats were expressing their "objections". They are better now, but it took a good six months.

Oh geez that's a set back for sure but glad it's back to normal now!

I'm so glad I had swallowed my sip of coffee before I read this. I would have spit it all over the phone!

:rotfl2::rotfl:

Congratulations on 6000 clearly very meaningful posts.

:lmao:

Watch out Andy, i'm catching up to you! :drive::rolleyes:

Watch out Andy, i'm catching up to you! :drive::rolleyes:
Several years and multiple threads of posting memes in Disdads threads after we hit 250 pages just trying to get the last word before the mods shut it down really helps you work up a post count. :rolleyes1

Several years and multiple threads of posting memes in Disdads threads after we hit 250 pages just trying to get the last word before the mods shut it down really helps you work up a post count. :rolleyes1

As does playing Last to Post over on the Games forum!

We skedaddled

Is this an actual word that people say...?! My mum says it, I always thought she was rambling :lmao:

EW EW EW EW EW EW EW EW EW :crazy2: :crazy2: :crazy2: :crazy2: :crazy2: :crazy2: :crazy2:

Dis readers - don't be THAT guy.

DS was totally intrigued and really into it!

The intrigue didn't last long :rotfl:

I really did enjoy the show, especially all the stunts they did with the vehicles and climbing the buildings.

Cool, I haven't done it since I was a kid! Maybe we'll do it this year, since there isn't a lot else to do at DHS anymore :rolleyes2

How embarrassing! I’m going to assume DM is the one that bum-rushed in on that empty table, mowing people down

:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

635921936790007149-1063477452_635911825788336656-184947353_How-Rude-Full-House-1442536733.gif

we just started walking until we found ourselves on the Streets of America

SADNESS!!! Can't believe I never saw the Osborne lights :sad2:

Somewhere in between looking around, DH got to his PP shenanigans. They are pretty tame now, but they get funnier later on :thumbsup2

Oh boy, I love this :laughing:

Also, the San Fran street actually looks quite real in this shot.

Aww precious boys.

We wanted to check in early to Sci-Fi

Got my first Sci Fi dinner booked for September! :hyper:

a picnic table.

I knew what was coming.

Wait what is this please? :confused3

UGGGGH! NOOOOO! I knew what was in store for us (Me!) when we went back to the Poly that night.

WHAT!?! What is in store for you!? :scared:

During dinner, DH had muttered something about his video game so I asked him to repeat what he said. But of course, all eyes on him now so he changed up his tone and attitude immediately:rotfl2:

Omg, this is hilarious. I laughed out loud :lmao: "God bless us, everyone." :rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

Side Note: While writing this, I asked DH how he couldn’t like cheesecake? And he turns and gives me the look. I’ve been finding out more about my husband in the last year than I have in the first year of us dating. About a year ago, I found out that when he says he doesn’t like something, it’s because he really does like it :faint: For instance, mayo on burgers. Ever since I’ve known him, he’s asked to sub Mustard, no mayo. Turns out, he loves the stuff but forces himself to say he hates it so he won’t eat it. Does this guy not understand, he could have had me killed! If someone put a gun to my head and said, “Does DH like mayo??” I would have said no and been shot! So I guess Cheesecake is on his ‘Lies’ list.

WHY would he deprive himself of this joy?!?! I don't understand his motives at all :confused3 :rotfl:

This is probably what I'll order, sounds real good. I have a very sweet tooth so maybe I'll get through it a little easier :goodvibes

And we finally got to use our TiW card for the first time! We saved $21.00 this meal.

Sweet! I don't know much about TiW. How do you get it?!

We skedaddled out of their pretty quickly and made it over to the queue about 20 minutes till show time where we were told we could wait in line but that there was a chance there would be standing room only. Yikes! But we took our chances, this was our last showing option and we weren’t coming back to DHS.
Wow I never would have guessed that many people wanted to see fake Harrison Ford. But heck I'm so clueless I thought it was gone until we walked by on our last trip ; )

Seriously? Poor little boy and the things that must await him in the years to come. You should have started a collection for the therapy he's gonna need. Parents never cease to amaze me, but at least we're perfect.

It’s his ‘I’m going to pass out’ look :thumbsup2
I might know something about that look :drinking1

Quick aside but it just totally jumped in my head a few years ago we went to a concert with a bunch of friends and may have done a bit of tailgating beforehand (shocking I know). Well my best friend was on one of her crazy fitness kicks and had ran like a 10K that morning, hadn't eaten, then proceeded to drink a vodka/lemonade/beer combo we proudly call skip and go naked. Needless to say by the time we got into the concert it was a matter of minutes before she looked like Calvin. Funny enough but not only did she miss the entire concert but we were in the last row with a walkway behind us and she became an attraction in her own right with people taking selfies with her. And I wonder why I don't have a lot of friends :-)

gathered everything, went to the table that DM was at, sat down and got approached by a CM that there was actually a line to wait for tables :blush::blush::blush: How embarrassing! I’m going to assume DM is the one that bum-rushed in on that empty table, mowing people down
Not your demur, unassuming mother she would never have done such a thing.

He's sexy and he knows it!!!!! I can't ever show these to Jason or he would so be doing the same thing. He already likes to do what he calls his catalog model poses and we so don't need photo pass in on that.

a picnic table.

I knew what was coming.

This is DM’s favorite restaurant on Disney property because of the sci-fi trailers and of course, eating in the old school cars. She asked if we could sit in one of the empty cars and was told by the hostess showing us our table that it could take 15 minutes or more to get a car. DM said we’d wait.
Seriously? Why do they have those things? No one wants to come to your restaurant and sit on a picnic table. Especially not Big Ang!

here were three things I really wanted to try on here, not including the chocolate milkshake. That just needs to happen like water. The Donut, the Candy Bar and the Cheesecake all sounded delicious! But I knew they weren’t going to go for the cheesecake cause they’re not fans.
I'm shocked the pregnant lady didn't ask them to combine all 3 in milkshake form!!!!

And he turns and gives me the look. I’ve been finding out more about my husband in the last year than I have in the first year of us dating. About a year ago, I found out that when he says he doesn’t like something, it’s because he really does like it :faint:
Who is this relative stranger you've elected to have two children with? Guess he told you he doesn't like kids either :confused3

I missed your updates at DHS and glad that I got to read it today. Nice to see that you were able to go on some rides (TSMM & ToT). Nice that you were able to dine at the Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater for lunch. I have enjoyed eating at that place that I might consider eating there when I go back to Florida.

Heck no, for that price the whole family has to be able to wear it!

This is why we take all the hat photos!

:sad2: First Andy sees this, and now you. Stay classy, folks!

Oh, that’s not his captivated look…

:rotfl2::rotfl2:

I really did enjoy the show, especially all the stunts they did with the vehicles and climbing the buildings.

That is a great show. And I'm not saying that just because I'm a sucker for anything Indiana Jones.

I gathered everything, went to the table that DM was at, sat down and got approached by a CM that there was actually a line to wait for tables :blush::blush::blush: How embarrassing!

D'oh!

Now we are notorious for saying ‘What should we do?” at this park.

Well, when they only have 3 rides...

:faint:

About a year ago, I found out that when he says he doesn’t like something, it’s because he really does like it :faint:

Seriously? I mean...what?:confused3

For instance, mayo on burgers. Ever since I’ve known him, he’s asked to sub Mustard, no mayo. Turns out, he loves the stuff but forces himself to say he hates it so he won’t eat it.

Well, in this case, he should. Mayo shouldn't be in the same zip code as a burger. No matter how much Californians insist on putting salad dressing on beef.:crazy2::sad2:

Yeah, that donut definitely looks like a winner!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter