• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New snacks on Dining Plan

This is good to hear :cool1:

jeannief said:
I haven't read the TEN pages but in case it isn't mentionned, cinnamon coated almonds and warm salted cashews were made a snack item 2 weeks ago. We got these in Frontierland (or adventureland, don't remember) and epcot at carts. Normally $3.50.

jeannief said:
I haven't read the TEN pages but in case it isn't mentionned, cinnamon coated almonds and warm salted cashews were made a snack item 2 weeks ago. We got these in Frontierland (or adventureland, don't remember) and epcot at carts. Normally $3.50.

So, are we back to saying that DDP snacks are now any food item under $4, regardless of the mousesavers list?

We can say it -- not sure it means much, though. :lmao:

bwbuddy5 said:
So, are we back to saying that DDP snacks are now any food item under $4, regardless of the mousesavers list?

Probably true BUT you can't go by past experience and internet menu sites for snack prices. It looks like Disney is increasing the price of snacks they don't want to include to just above $4.

It's a way to simplify the plan without having to include items that Disney doesn't want to include.

Ask or look at the sign when you get to Disney.

Goodness... it's going to take me hours just to figure out what I want for a snack.

bwbuddy5 said:

No, I know of several exceptions to the under $4 guideline. I posted some of them earlier in this long thread.

Some that I remember are:

-buckets of popcorn (3.75 last week) but of course you can get a box

-gelato at the BC Marketplace. Deb's site lists the prices as $2.39 and $2.69

-chocolate covered strawberries($2.50) and the huge rice crispie squares at the Main St. candy store. Again the regular Mickey rice crispie squares are allowed.

I also doubt that we will ever see a comprehensive list. There are just too many items. The current brochure leaves it wide open with the words "Some examples are...." Individual stores and shops can change what is offered without being bound by a brochure.

Besides it is fun to come upon those happy little stickers. :thumbsup2

Goodness... it's going to take me hours just to figure out what I want for a snack.
It doesn't need to. You can just wait until you're hungry, look for a snack cart, then look up at the menu board and choose something with the DDP logo next to it. No planning necessary!

People are making it sound a lot more complicated than it really is! :)

Ughh..i swear people here really do know more than the actual Disney people :teeth:

I e-mailed them awhile ago about what was considered a snack on the dining plan and all they send me back is this:

Dear Michelle,

Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World Resort.

PLUS DINING PLAN

The Disney Dining Plan includes One (1) Table Service Meal, One (1) Counter Service Meal and
One (1) Snack per person, per night for everyone in the party ages 3 and up. Guests may use their
Meals and Snacks in any order and any amount throughout their stay until the total is depleted.
Guests should present their Key to the World card to their server prior to ordering. Children ages
3 to 9 must order from the children's menu where available. Children under the age of 3 may share
from the adult's plate if desired. The package must be purchased for all persons in the party age 3
and up for the total number of nights in the Resort.

Details of the plan are as follows:

ONE (1) TABLE SERVICE meal per night of your stay (including character dining), which includes:
One (1) appetizer
One (1) entree
One (1) dessert
One (1) single serving non-alcoholic beverage
Or
One (1) full buffet
One (1) single serving non-alcoholic beverage.

ONE (1) COUNTER SERVICE meal per night of your stay, which includes:
One (1) Entree with side
One (1) Dessert
One (1) single serving non alcoholic beverage
Or
Complete combo meal with dessert and single serving non-alcoholic beverage

ONE (1) Snack per night of your stay, which can be:
Frozen Ice-Cream Novelty
Popcorn Scoop (single serving box)
Single piece of fruit
Single serving grab bag of Frito-Lay's Chips
Apple juice
20 oz. Bottle of Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite or Dasani Water
Medium Fountain Soft Drink
1/2 Pint of Milk where available

The Disney Dining Plan may also be used for Disney SIGNATURE RESTAURANTS across property (see redeem
below). This exclusive group of restaurants provides unparalleled cuisine served in elegant and
relaxed surroundings. The Signature Restaurants and Dinner Shows are Jiko, Flying Fish Cafe,
California Grill, Citricos, Narcoossee's, Artist Point, Yachtsman Steakhouse, Hollywood Brown Derby,
Disney's Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show, Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Review, Mickey's Backyard Barbeque and
(starting February 1, 2006) Cinderella's Royal Table.

The server will redeem Two (2) Table Service meals for each person dining at a signature restaurant.
Children ages 3-9 must order from the children's menu.

All Dinner Shows require reservations, and show tickets may be picked up at any Disney Resort Guest
Services up to 5 days in advance. Reservations are strongly suggested for all full service
restaurants. Guests are welcome to call 407-WDW-DINE (407-939-3463), up to 180 days in advance, to
book dining reservations.

For further information and reservations, log onto the new disneyworld.com website, call the Disney
Reservation Center at 407-W-DISNEY (407-934-7639) or contact your travel agent.

If you have questions or need further assistance, feel free to contact us.

Please include your full name, E-Mail address, and reservation number if applicable on all correspondence.
Thank you!
Sincerely,
Gail Williams
WDW Online Communications
PLEASE NOTE: All information is subject to change without notice and should be confirmed just prior
to your visit.

ummm...DUH i could have gotten that off the web site!!!!!!

I would interpret that as meaning that the point is that that is all Disney is prepared to commit to at this time.

Ughhh my head is spinning now with all the snack choices, and I am hoping this will stay in place for next January......

And I am going to get blasted on this thought, but.........

Disney Execs with this recent change I would not mind if you raised the DDP Price slightly and added another snack credit making it 2 snacks per day now....It would certainly ease my anxiety and stress over choices... :ssst: :rotfl2:

I wonder if those yummy candied apples I saw in the parks last time count. I don't even remember how much they were or where I saw them, just that they looked like those gourmet once you get in the candy shops at the mall.

Disney Execs with this recent change I would not mind if you raised the DDP Price slightly and added another snack credit making it 2 snacks per day now
Would you be okay with that being an extra $3 per day? (That's what my guess is regarding how much they'd charge for a Dining Plan with two snacks per day.)

KatiebugsMom said:
Ughhh my head is spinning now with all the snack choices, and I am hoping this will stay in place for next January......

And I am going to get blasted on this thought, but.........

Disney Execs with this recent change I would not mind if you raised the DDP Price slightly and added another snack credit making it 2 snacks per day now....It would certainly ease my anxiety and stress over choices... :ssst: :rotfl2:

While I am very happy that the snack list is being expanded, I do not want to pay more for it. Even with the expanded list, you're talking a couple of dollars a day. If I really want another snack, I'll pay for it. How much can we really eat??????????????

Anyone know what's avaliable at Goofy's Candy Kitchen. I love those make your own rice krispey treats. :thumbsup2

spereira said:
Anyone know what's avaliable at Goofy's Candy Kitchen. I love those make your own rice krispey treats. :thumbsup2

Goofy's does not participate in the dining plan so would not be permitted to use a snack credit here.

jjohnson said:
Goofy's does not participate in the dining plan so would not be permitted to use a snack credit here.

Just wondering if the Main St. Candy Store was on the ddp before the snack change?

angel's momma said:
Just wondering if the Main St. Candy Store was on the ddp before the snack change?

The Main Street candy store is not listed in the brochure (mine is from January). Have you had success using a snack credit there before?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter