• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New snacks on Dining Plan

Just subscribing - we are taking advantage of the DDP for free in August. This will be the first time using the DDP - Disney sure knows what it's doing...get you hooked with free dining...and then - how could you live without it for the next trip!!! :thumbsup2

This is SO great! I hope it stays around! It would be my luck they are just testing it through the week before we come in Sept! lol.
No Sugar Cheesecake
No Sugar Brownie
It's nice to see those sugar free options. DH can't have the Ice Creams, and it's nice for him to have a "sweet" treat every now and then too! (Though I think I worry about him being able to find sweets more than him! I think I feel guilty eating in front of him!)

I'd love to know what anyone has seen or gotten with a snack credit that was a breakfast food. Especially at a Value Food Court!

I think the only thing that would qualify, from what I've read, is the Rice Krispies treat, or doughnuts. Generally, you can expect to use snack credits for snacks, and meal credits for meals, including breakfast.

Okay now I have something else to be compulsive about, DDP snacks!! Seriously though, it is really neat that they have expanded the snack options.

I think the only thing that would qualify, from what I've read, is the Rice Krispies treat, or doughnuts. Generally, you can expect to use snack credits for snacks, and meal credits for meals, including breakfast.

I saw many breakfast items with the DP sticker for snacks this past week. A few that I remember are individual cereal bowls, fresh fruit, pastries, boxes of doughnuts, and a wonderful fruit and yogurt parfait at BC Marketplace as well as so many things at the Main St Bakery. The only things I saw not marked there were some iced lattes (I think that is what they were) and breakfast quiches. There were probably some other exclusions I missed but everything in the pastry case was marked with the exception of one kind of muffin and I'm almost positive that was a oversight because they were priced the same as all other muffins.

Of course, if you choose a snack item, it will not come with a beverage.

That's fantastic. I cannot wait to read what's included at the BoardWalk general store.

I just remembered another option at BC Marketplace....a jar of salsa!

That's an example of why I don't believe we'll see a list of every single option at WDW. There are just so many choices now and I'm sure they vary from resort to resort and park to park.

But it's fun. :thumbsup2

lsg1 said:
One place we always make sure to stop at is the Main Street Ice Cream Parlor for their unbelieveable Waffle Sundaes. When I saw this link, I got so excited, until I went to Debs site to price the sundae. This is what it says:
The "Plaza" Ice Cream Sundae - Hot Fudge, whipped cream and a cherry served in waffle bowl $4.19

It is more than 4.00, so I guess it won't be a snack on the plan. :sad2:

Oh well
We had one of these Thursday, and no one even tried to use the Dining Plan snack credits. Single Serve cones, however, were listed as being on the DDP. Probably because of these recent changes, the CMs went back and forth arguing about whether or not double dip cones counted. Frankly I think some people were told yes, then others told no. Also, I overheard CMs at Pizzafari saying that the side salad is now considered a snack for the DDP, if anyone wants a "healthy" snack (not me!)

Just asking here if anyone knows if the pastry in "France" is now considered a snack. I had heard before that two pastries were considered a counter service meal. But now that baked goods are snacks????? Maybe one pastry would count as a snack? Any solid info would be appreciated. Thanks.

i'd like to know if citrus swirls are now considered to be a snack. These are at the Sunshine tree Terrace in MK. thanks!

I finally got an email response from Disney today about the new snacks. They didn't acknowledge any changes in the plan at all and gave me the same ole list as before. You'd think they'd tell you the truth about it!! We all know it's changed. :confused3

Rather, I suspect they simply aren't ready to put any new list in writing. They've committed to a specific set of snacks -- the shorter list that appears in the glossy brochure. Once they publish a longer list, they cannot as readily take things off of that list, so it makes sense to hold off doing so until they feel ready to make that commitment.

Kayleebug said:
I finally got an email response from Disney today about the new snacks. They didn't acknowledge any changes in the plan at all and gave me the same ole list as before. You'd think they'd tell you the truth about it!! We all know it's changed. :confused3

I don't think it a matter of telling the truth or not. The person who responed may not even know about the new snacks. Disney's CM training for phone and e-mail communications isn't all its cracked up to be.

Does anyone know if the mini doughnuts at the waterparks count if so i'll need to keep the passes away from my DH.

mhelsley said:
Does anyone know if the mini doughnuts at the waterparks count if so i'll need to keep the passes away from my DH.

I am keeping my fingers crossed that they are included. These little gems are delicious!

Pedler said:
I don't think it a matter of telling the truth or not. The person who responed may not even know about the new snacks. Disney's CM training for phone and e-mail communications isn't all its cracked up to be.

True... maybe all the CM's need to get trained on the DIS boards. They'd be up to date with the newest info. :goodvibes :teeth:

We're leaving in about a week and a half. I'll look to see what else I can find that are on the new snack plan.

I haven't read the TEN pages but in case it isn't mentionned, cinnamon coated almonds and warm salted cashews were made a snack item 2 weeks ago. We got these in Frontierland (or adventureland, don't remember) and epcot at carts. Normally $3.50.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter