New Park?

Seaton

Mouseketeer
It's been about 12 years since WDW last built a theme park. I have to believe that WDW eventually will build another one at some point, though I am not suggesting any time soon. So if you had to say when you think WDW will build another and what the theme will be (or what you would like it to be), what would be your guess?

I have been hearing for so many years now the rumor of a "villian" theme park. Doubt it will ever come true, but I think that would be awesome!

As much as I'd like to see a new theme park, I think they've got their hands full with just keeping up with the parks they have. AK is getting better but it desperately needs more attractions. DHS and Epcot could use some freshening too. I think you're more likely to see more projects like they're doing in MK right now with the Fantasy Land expansion.

As much as I'd like to see a new theme park, I think they've got their hands full with just keeping up with the parks they have. AK is getting better but it desperately needs more attractions. DHS and Epcot could use some freshening too. I think you're more likely to see more projects like they're doing in MK right now with the Fantasy Land expansion.

Exactly. MGM needs at least 750m to completely fix its myriad problems (lack of theming everywhere above Great Movie Ride, terrible layout, lack of attractions, zero focus), AKL needs another land on par with Harambe and Anandapur (whether it's Australia, South America or Beastly I don't much care), and Epcot needs at least another World Showcase Pavilion and serious updates to Imagination and Energy.

Of course, for some reason Disney decided to add to Magic Kingdom, the one park that is the most complete.

They have their hands full expanding Fantasyland at MK and redoing Downtown Disney to Hyperion Wharf.

This has been the longest period of time since the opening of the Magic Kingdom that a park has not been in the works in Florida.

I'm not sure if the current executives care about the idea of another park, although there is certainly enough land left to build another one.

But I think DHS, Epcot, and Tomorrowland all need some serious work

They have their hands full expanding Fantasyland at MK and redoing Downtown Disney to Hyperion Wharf.

They (TDO, TDA) are pumping money into their parks. DefLepard is right. I don't expect to see anything huge coming with those projects. Not to mention that they have multiple other smaller scale projects. The fact that they are doing what they are now is great.

But you do have to wonder... what is going to happen 10 years down the road? Is something on the back burner now? Remember, No good idea ever really dies...

what about a Marvel related park.... I know I know IOA has the Hulk, and Spiderman but since Disney bought Marvel and they really need to have something geared towards boys that would be great! The Dark kingdom sound pretty cool too..

what about a Marvel related park.... I know I know IOA has the Hulk, and Spiderman but since Disney bought Marvel and they really need to have something geared towards boys that would be great! The Dark kingdom sound pretty cool too..

Part of that plan specifically stated that Marvel stays in IOA (attractions) and Disney can really only pick up some merch stuff.

Part of that plan specifically stated that Marvel stays in IOA (attractions) and Disney can really only pick up some merch stuff.

Oh I didn't know that. Boo! :headache: I'm not a big fan of IOA or Universal.., but my husband is a huge comic book fan... and I thought it would be great if the two worlds were combined oh well guess not. Thanks for the info!

Not a fan of this acquisition!

Oh I didn't know that. Boo! :headache: I'm not a big fan of IOA or Universal.., but my husband is a huge comic book fan... and I thought it would be great if the two worlds were combined oh well guess not. Thanks for the info!

It sure would be interesting. I am not really a big Universal fan either. I appreciate the parks but don't think that it is up to the same level as Disney. At least as far as the cast/crew goes. I see a lot of leaning and eating going on when they are out. I guess its just different.

Before any new construction I'd like to see upgrades. As lots have said, Epcot and te Studios need updates.

Before any new construction I'd like to see upgrades. As lots have said, Epcot and te Studios need updates.

Hey Bald Guy! Welcome to the boards.

I agree, but there is a lot of money being pumped into FL Expansion and other smaller projects. On the list I am sure... but the timeline might be longer than desired.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter