New online dining system?!

I like the new format. It will probably also be easier for guests who don't know the restaurants like we do, since they now have location and cuisine search options.

I tried to call my dinign reservations up under my resort reservation : and it says "Your reservations cannot be retreived at this time". Is anyone else getting this error message? :confused3

I used it earlier and it worked wonderfully, so much better than the old system.

So I have just read through all 4 pages and it seems no one has had any luck finding a place to type in the dining confirmation number. Is this correct? I only have 2, Tusker House is showing up and TRex is not . It will allow me to reserve TRex still so I know that they did not do away with it as an option. Luckily I have my confirmation number and I will call the restaurant directly in the morning. I love the new system.:banana:

There is a link to enter dining reservation number on right side of screen of the dining reservation page. Here is a link to enter manually http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/store/retrieveReservation

I can't get it to work at all. I put in the restaurant, date, time everything and then it takes me back to the original screen where you put in the restaurant, date and time. UGHHHH!! I so wish they would make sure everything works correctly before they roll it out. Their IT dept could use some serious help!

I can't get the online system to work anymore. It all comes down to the Search for a Table button. It is sort of grayed out in IE and not clickable in Firefox.

I tried to call my dinign reservations up under my resort reservation : and it says "Your reservations cannot be retreived at this time". Is anyone else getting this error message? :confused3

I noticed that even though I put in my cell number, some of my ADR's only come up if I put in my home phone number. Try your confirmation # with your cell and then with your home phone #. Good Luck.

I still haven't been able to see the new system, but I am thinking that the missing ADRs are tied to home phones too. The system has more than likely attached ADRs to the main profile - most people have their main contact listed as their home phone, so I'm thinking that cell phones may be a problem until they can link them together.

With the old system, they linked reservations with phone numbers, whether that be home or cell, but it sounds like this new system is based on a profile. How else can they get all resort and restaurant info to link together if not by one common element such as a phone number or user name?

It'll be interesting to see the new system, as I am still waiting...As with most Disney IT, they have bugs to work out, Tiger

I like it! Very easy to use. I like that it actually lists the times each restaurant serves each meal.

I can't bring up either system. I keep getting ...

Did you know that your Internet Explorer is out-of-date?

Our dining reservation system does not support Internet Explorer 6 or earlier versions. You will need to upgrade your version of Internet Explorer to a newer version or switch to one of the other browsers below. Just click on a link to go to the download page

I am running IE 8 so not sure what to do?

Ahh it isn't working for me, when I click to search for a table it "searches" but then doesn't send me to a new page that lists availability (if there is any)...I called and they don't have any availability for what I want anyways, but in the past I've found that if I am faithful in checking on the dining reservation website, I usually end up finding something for the time/date I want. I hope they fix the site soon, because it's going to be super annoying if I have to keep calling over and over to try to get a reservation (fwiw...if anyone has breakfast reservations for next Thursday June 3rd for 3 people and wants to cancel them....let me know lol! It's the last day of my college program and my roommates and I just decided we'd like to go there that morning to say goodbye :( )

I like it! Very easy to use. I like that it actually lists the times each restaurant serves each meal.

Yes, Yes I noticed that and it is a good feature indeed, no more wondering when you made those late afternoon ressies if it was dinner or lunch and with the late morning ones, now you know if it will still be breakfast :)

I love the new system-very easy to use. Saves a lot of time too. You don't have to provide ages of the children or even if there are children. Just pick the number of guests.

No silly two words to enter to get your ADR's.

Right now I can't pull mine up by confirmation number in the old system...and the new system tells me I have no reservations. But I called and the CM on the phone was able to pull them all up with no problems---thank goodness since we leave on Saturday!

So I have just read through all 4 pages and it seems no one has had any luck finding a place to type in the dining confirmation number. Is this correct? I only have 2, Tusker House is showing up and TRex is not . It will allow me to reserve TRex still so I know that they did not do away with it as an option. Luckily I have my confirmation number and I will call the restaurant directly in the morning. I love the new system.:banana:

Okay, I was stressing out about this too because of course I see the new system and when I logged in with my resort reservation it told me that I had NO dining reservations. :eek: This is what I found though (can't guarantee it will work on all browsers). If I go to www.disneyworld.com, I see the normal first page. Rather than going to the top right tab where it says "Where to Eat" and clicking on "Make Dining Reservations" (in which case I can't find any way to find my ADR's), I did the following:

Click on the orange suitcase (top middle) where it says "My Disney Vacation"

Next it shows a screen that says (to me at least): My Reservations, and then tells me that I have no dining reservations.

However, on the right hand side, there is a box that says "Don't see all your reservations?" and underneath that has a place to click a link that says "retrieve them manually".

I clicked this and it takes you back to the old system where I can enter the confirmation number and phone number and pull them up individually at least! Makes me feel a little bit better!

I still haven't been able to see the new system, but I am thinking that the missing ADRs are tied to home phones too. The system has more than likely attached ADRs to the main profile - most people have their main contact listed as their home phone, so I'm thinking that cell phones may be a problem until they can link them together.

With the old system, they linked reservations with phone numbers, whether that be home or cell, but it sounds like this new system is based on a profile. How else can they get all resort and restaurant info to link together if not by one common element such as a phone number or user name?

It'll be interesting to see the new system, as I am still waiting...As with most Disney IT, they have bugs to work out, Tiger

I was finally able to view my ADR's they were tied to a different email address of mine that was on my room reservation which I booked with DVC. When I booked the ADR's I used a different email address. Not sure how that got switched over but at least I can see all my ressies now:thumbsup2

I like the new online reservation system MUCH better but I had no idea you could link dining reservations to your vacation so I guess I'll have to go check that out now :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter