New metal detectors

BoardWalkBelle

DIS Veteran
So, went to epcot today and they have metal detectors and everyone needs to go thru them, not just random anymore. ..any thoughts? Are they installed at the mk yet, haven't seen anything else about them on disney blogs, or did this just happen?

are they new or just scanning everyone? they scan differently all different times of day.. it's not the first time since they went in that they scanned everyone.

are they new or just scanning everyone? they scan differently all different times of day.. it's not the first time since they went in that they scanned everyone.
They are new they have the walk thru metal detectors at the bag check tables and everyone goes thru

you do have a chose not to go though them. as some people with medical device can not go thought them as it can ruin the medical device.

This is no new. October trip everyone had to go through the metal detector every time we went to ep through IG we never used the front entrance.

Safety first... Better safe than sorry.
Enjoy ur visit.
Thanks, I'm a cm and local so am at tg
What do you mean by "new?" Have you just not been in a while? They've had metal detectors for over a year now. They vary the process because that's how security works.

December 2015: http://www.ksat.com/entertainment/disney-installing-metal-detectors-at-theme-parks
These metal detectors were not at epcot when I went at xmas. .

they were to the side, it's possible to not have noticed them before but sounds like they may have moved and even added more.
I was at Epcot on Thursday, Saturday and Monday. What they did was add tables for bag check by the gated exits (the ones that look like a gate but are actually doors) on both sides. Metal detectors now right at the bag check tables, there's a CM telling people with strollers ad wheelchairs to go to one side (CM with wands there) then another metal detector for no bags then all the other tables for everyone else. It is more efficient. Everyone has to go through metal detectors now. No matter the time of day

I'm glad they're moving to making everyone go through a detector. It was something I was uncomfortable with last summer (having to worry about people carrying guns is not something I have to deal with in everyday life- I honestly don't know how you do it every day!) as I am aware that it is something people do in the US (the concealed carry thing). I've said in another thread I was very impressed with DLP and the fact that every bag goes through an x-ray machine and everyone uses the metal detectors. It's a much better system.

I'm glad they're moving to making everyone go through a detector. It was something I was uncomfortable with last summer (having to worry about people carrying guns is not something I have to deal with in everyday life- I honestly don't know how you do it every day!) as I am aware that it is something people do in the US (the concealed carry thing). I've said in another thread I was very impressed with DLP and the fact that every bag goes through an x-ray machine and everyone uses the metal detectors. It's a much better system.
not every one goes thought there is a group of people that do not go thought ( and no I am not going to post on here what that group is, but there is a group of adults that do not) I do hope Disney finds a way for every one to go thought.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter