New Magic Kingdom Welcome Show & Main Street Opening UPDATE: Page 15 - Post #281

We have always always done RD at MK by walking with the masses to 7DMT (always at the front of the pack) and then hitting PPF, Pooh and then head to Tomorrowland. This year (for our March Spring Break Trip) we have decided, new procedure, new touring strategy, and are starting in Adventureland with Pirates and moving to Splash and BTMRR, saving our FP for PPF and 7DMT later. Has anyone had any luck with this during busier times and found it successful? I'm kind of excited to change it up a bit lol!

I'm keeping our PPO at CP. We go in 10 days. I see it as an opportunity to eat someplace fun while we wait for the rope drop. ;) We already have FP for 7DMT so we were headed to Frontierland after breakfast anyways.

It will be interesting to see if CP PPO ADRs become easier to get moving forwards. We'll finally know if people are booking them for the food and characters, or for the perks!

I'm sorry if this question has been answered somewhere else on the site but I searched and couldn't find anything. Also this probably isn't the right forum but on the subject of PPO ADRs, we have an 8:15 PPO BOG ressie on April 9 and are not staying onsite. How does it work as far as getting into the park? I had assumed I would just show my ressie on MDE on my phone at the gate but it sounds like that may not be the case. Where do we have to go to get the paper that says we have a PPO ADR? Any help is greatly appreciated.

I'm sorry if this question has been answered somewhere else on the site but I searched and couldn't find anything. Also this probably isn't the right forum but on the subject of PPO ADRs, we have an 8:15 PPO BOG ressie on April 9 and are not staying onsite. How does it work as far as getting into the park? I had assumed I would just show my ressie on MDE on my phone at the gate but it sounds like that may not be the case. Where do we have to go to get the paper that says we have a PPO ADR? Any help is greatly appreciated.

After you enter the park and head down Main Street, there will be CMs posted at the hub/far end of Main Street with signs telling you where to go for breakfast reservations

Is that a morning EMH day?

The CMs manning the PPO lines have a list with names on it, and if there's any question showing your ressie on MDE on your phone will be fine. No need for a special PPO paper or anything. Have fun!

Is the train station platform open on Main Street before the park officially opens? I'd love to pop up there when we arrive and take a few pictures before we grab an early breakfast.

We enjoyed the new procedure. It was much more pleasant to wait in the park than outside the turnstiles. We enjoyed the opening show and then walked through the castle to a Peter Pan with minimal wait. And that was taking our time to eat breakfast on Main Street.

I am also wondering about this. We have ADR at CRT at 7:55am on a EMH day. What do we do? Regular entrance or special entrance for guests with PPO ADR?
@yulilin3 can confirm, but I *think* Disney has landed on everyone being let in on EMH mornings and then resort guests and ADR holders being allowed past the hub.

Question... am I crazy (always possible), or is this "new" procedure a lot like what used to happen YEARS ago?? I vaguely remember standing at a rope in front of one land or another, waiting for the park to open... no??

I'm not thrilled that this removes any small advantage that a PPO CP ADR (look at all those abbreviations!!), but we'll still do it as we ACTUALLY DO go there for the tasty breakfast. :)

Last edited:
Question... am I crazy (always possible), or is this "new" procedure a lot like what used to happen YEARS ago?? I vaguely remember standing at a rope in front of one land or another, waiting for the park to open... no??

I'm not thrilled that this removes any small advantage that a PPO CP ADR (look at all those abbreviations!!), but we'll still do it as we ACTUALLY DO go there for the tasty breakfast. :)
No, not crazy by DIS standards. ;) You actually have a great memory ~ MK has reverted back to a safer opening procedure.

Wow, I think this sounds like a great idea. Much more relaxing, more space for people to move about. We are early rope drop folks, and when they opened the turnstiles it was like the running of the bulls. Add to that the curbs on main street with people running and pushing others often while pushing strollers or dragging children along whose little legs struggled to keep up, I felt it really wasn't a very safe situation. Look forward to experiencing this in February!

We aren't sure which of the other DW parks other than MK that we are visiting during our upcoming trip (the rest of our vacation we are staying onsite at Universal so granddaughter can experience Harry Potter), does anyone know if any of the other opening/rope drop procedures at the other DW parks have changed?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter