New Magic Kingdom Welcome Show & Main Street Opening UPDATE: Page 15 - Post #281

We are planning to head to PP at rope drop. I have seen conflicting 'reports' on the best way to get there. One is to go through the castle and the other is to go by the bridge (I believe this is Liberty Square) so you come into Fantasyland and up to PP on the right. We did the latter last time (before the new opening procedures) and it was great. Can anyone please advise?

We are planning to head to PP at rope drop. I have seen conflicting 'reports' on the best way to get there. One is to go through the castle and the other is to go by the bridge (I believe this is Liberty Square) so you come into Fantasyland and up to PP on the right. We did the latter last time (before the new opening procedures) and it was great. Can anyone please advise?
Through the castle won't be opened until after the show is completed.
The bridge from Liberty Square is open a bit earlier. Plus, it's closer to PP. I'd do the bridge.
But you are probably talking seconds in difference. Not minutes.

Through the castle won't be opened until after the show is completed.
The bridge from Liberty Square is open a bit earlier. Plus, it's closer to PP. I'd do the bridge.
But you are probably talking seconds in difference. Not minutes.
I saw one report (I think it was Josh) that said they beat the crowd going over the bridge by waiting for the castle to open. It said they were opening it as soon as the characters cleared the stage.

I saw one report (I think it was Josh) that said they beat the crowd going over the bridge by waiting for the castle to open. It said they were opening it as soon as the characters cleared the stage.
Yes, saw that. I think they were headed to 7D and used the bridge on the right.

Josh from Easy WDW did a review of the new opening procedure and he mentioned going through the castle got him there quicker than those coming from Liberty Square.

http://www.easywdw.com/easy/blog/ma...rategy-and-expanded-breakfast-options-review/

Here's the info from his post:
"You might notice that those streaming in through Liberty Square appear to have a head start because of the delay in the pathway through the Castle opening, but they also have a lot further to go, and you should be able to beat them to Peter Pan’s Flight or Princess Fairytale Hall by heading through the Castle"

"Here I am at Peter Pan’s Flight at 9:01am. I’ve easily beaten everyone coming in from anywhere other than through the Castle."

Yes, you are correct and it was Josh.

Thanks! So it seems waiting to go up the entrance thru the castle but to the left (if facing the castle) is best then, right?

Thanks! So it seems waiting to go up the entrance thru the castle but to the left (if facing the castle) is best then, right?

Honestly, I can't imagine it would be that massive of a difference at that point and maybe each day one opens up a minute more than another. But no one with 9am FP are going straight to PP and many people going to the sides of the castle are going to 7DMT and you get caught up in those masses until you can hook a left. Either way, if you are in or near the front of the line, you will be on PP before 9:10am.

Honestly, I can't imagine it would be that massive of a difference at that point and maybe each day one opens up a minute more than another. But no one with 9am FP are going straight to PP and many people going to the sides of the castle are going to 7DMT and you get caught up in those masses until you can hook a left. Either way, if you are in or near the front of the line, you will be on PP before 9:10am.

Yeh, what I posted from Josh was just one day's experience. It may not work that way every time and even if it did, it may not make very much of a difference. If you want to experience the queue you may want to allow some others in front of you anyway, so you can take your time through it.

Yeh, what I posted from Josh was just one day's experience. It may not work that way every time and even if it did, it may not make very much of a difference. If you want to experience the queue you may want to allow some others in front of you anyway, so you can take your time through it.

If it doesn't make much of a difference, then definitely go through the castle. Much more of a magical entrance to Fantasyland!

Also, you can't walk through the castle at most times, and it is much less walking. Save those legs!

Does anyone have any experience with meet Mickey with the new rope drop? I saw something about emh, but I'm looking for non emh day . Do you think we would be able to watch the show at the castle and then head back to meet Mickey and tink? Or do you think I should try and get a fp. I'm taking first timers and their kids, so this is what they are most excited about!! Thanks!

Does anyone have any experience with meet Mickey with the new rope drop? I saw something about emh, but I'm looking for non emh day . Do you think we would be able to watch the show at the castle and then head back to meet Mickey and tink? Or do you think I should try and get a fp. I'm taking first timers and their kids, so this is what they are most excited about!! Thanks!

We didn't try this but especially on an non EMH day, you'd be going against the crowd the entire way. It's not something I would want to do right after the morning show. We FP'd it and even in January, the waits were in the 45-60 minute range most of the time as I recall.

Anyone brave enough to keep their 8:00 am Crystal Palace? I do love eating there for breakfast and was planning to go to Big Thunder and Splash right after. I know those are less popular areas but it will be the day after Memorial Day. Am I better off just eating at Roaring Forks instead?

Anyone brave enough to keep their 8:00 am Crystal Palace? I do love eating there for breakfast and was planning to go to Big Thunder and Splash right after. I know those are less popular areas but it will be the day after Memorial Day. Am I better off just eating at Roaring Forks instead?
If the cost difference isn't significant I would think it would be a wash, unless by dropping CP you are planning to be at the ropes as soon as they let people in the park.

If the cost difference isn't significant I would think it would be a wash, unless by dropping CP you are planning to be at the ropes as soon as they let people in the park.

We do like to get there early but we don't have to be first at the ropes. I just didn't enjoy the "running of the bulls" feel of the previous opening procedure so we would arrive 45 minutes early or try for PPO to avoid it. We will not be using the dining plan so I expect it would be a fairly decent cost savings. I guess I have more time to decide, but I hate holding onto a reservation I don't plan on using

We are keeping our 8 am CP. If we're done before rope drop, we will line up for adventure land and frontier land. I still think those lines will be quieter than fantasy land. Last time we did this, we went for pictures on main street first and were still done breakfast by 915 and had no lines in that part of the park. If you like it there, I'd keep it. I'm going in a few weeks so send me a message if you want an update when I'm back (although it's a quieter time of year).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter