NEW Harambe Nights event Summer 2014 Animal Kingdom

Ooh-oooh-oooh!!! GO check out wdw magic news! They are showing disney concept art for this event, have a write up on the evenings events AND have breaking news about AK new nightime spectacular Rivers of Light!!!!

Nice! And in looking at this write up the food is more substantial than I once thought. It will easily replace dinner, which does offset the costs more than I anticipated. We'd spend close to $100 for a buffet at something like Boma. And this includes drinks too. I'm thinking $119 a person may just be a bargain.

Nice! And in looking at this write up the food is more substantial than I once thought. It will easily replace dinner, which does offset the costs more than I anticipated. We'd spend close to $100 for a buffet at something like Boma. And this includes drinks too. I'm thinking $119 a person may just be a bargain.
plus-all the entertainment! Sounds like a GREAT night!

It says to arrive at least 45 minutes BEFORE the start of the evening reception at 7 to get
through the park and to where the
event begins in harambe village.

But the park will be open. I would imagine you have access to the rest of the park from 4 to 7 like at MK events. Then you get access to the Harambe Nights event at 7. Because the event is secluded to the Africa area of the park.

At least that's my interpretation.

no need to wait for any length of time to get in

Really?

Call me cynical, but I'm betting - even though they paid for tickets - most folks will STILL stand in line well before the event actually starts.

It's just human nature.

It's still WDW after all. The masses have been pre-conditioned. :hyper:

Really?

Call me cynical, but I'm betting - even though they paid for tickets - most folks will STILL stand in line well before the event actually starts.

It's just human nature.

There's only 1000 people a night I thought it said. How long can the line be?

There's only 1000 people a night I thought it said. How long can the line be?

Depends how early they start lining up.

I've seen plenty of folks lining up for other hard ticket events well before the doors open at WDW.

I just don't think most folks who are going are going to show up at the last possible second.

Transportation at WDW is not timely enough. Substantial allowances are kind of a given at WDW.

And if I was paying $119 per person, I most certainly would not want to be late.

A good example is the folks who arrive for Hoop De Doo well before the theater opens.

Really?

It's just human nature.

What I should have said is I, me personally, won't have to stand in line. I'll be fine with whatever seat I get. Going during the day means standing in line to even try to get inside. But in the case of this, I know for a fact I'll have a spot, they are not overselling the capacity of the theater so I, me personally, will not stand in line to access the theater. I have no idea what others will do so you are correct, I should have not said no lines.

Look, I don't dispute the coolness, but isn't this type of coolness SUPPOSED to be why we pay almost $100/day for admission to the AK? I mean, the local zoo is $10/person. So, the other $90 has to be for something extra, something a lot extra ...right now, we have 2 stage shows (one which is starting to show its age AND which has a ready made replacement which we could see free), a safari, a rollercoaster with broken parts (hello Yeti), 2-3 other semi-E ticket rides, an afternoon parade, and some kiddie rides and meet and greets. It wouldn't have been asking Disney too much to open the AK to everyone every night in the summer for this show (like Fantasmic) and to have a street party at night for everyone with paid admission (DJs are cheap)...and it would take pressure off MK...

Depends how early they start lining up.

I've seen plenty of folks lining up for other hard ticket events well before the doors open at WDW.

I just don't think most folks who are going are going to show up at the last possible second.

Transportation at WDW is not timely enough. Substantial allowances are kind of a given at WDW.

And if I was paying $119 per person, I most certainly would not want to be late.

A good example is the folks who arrive for Hoop De Doo well before the theater opens.

I know, but my point is that there's only 1000 people for this event each night, so it's not like a MK party night or event like that. 1000 people isn't a lot.

But the park will be open. I would imagine you have access to the rest of the park from 4 to 7 like at MK events. Then you get access to the Harambe Nights event at 7. Because the event is secluded to the Africa area of the park.

At least that's my interpretation.

That would be great and I hope it's like the MK events. I've never read the fine print on them so I wasn't sure if they have similar wording, getting in to the parking lot at 4:00, arrive early so you have time to walk in, party starts at 7:00, etc. If their wording is the same then yes, I think it will be the same. If they mention getting in at 4:00 then I'm not so sure.

Look, I don't dispute the coolness, but isn't this type of coolness SUPPOSED to be why we pay almost $100/day for admission to the AK? I mean, the local zoo is $10/person. So, the other $90 has to be for something extra, something a lot extra ...right now, we have 2 stage shows (one which is starting to show its age AND which has a ready made replacement which we could see free), a safari, a rollercoaster with broken parts (hello Yeti), 2-3 other semi-E ticket rides, an afternoon parade, and some kiddie rides and meet and greets. It wouldn't have been asking Disney too much to open the AK to everyone every night in the summer for this show (like Fantasmic) and to have a street party at night for everyone with paid admission (DJs are cheap)...and it would take pressure off MK...

AK will be open later during the summer on every other night. I actually like the fact that they are offering this event. Won't be so crowded and it looks like a lot of fun.

Being open and offering something cool to guests during that time are two different things.

I mean, how great would it be to paying guests that they would have a street party with DJ and some party performers every night during the extended hours? How great would it be that they could hit a brand new show (which could easily be done twice a night), too? And the amount of food and alcohol they could likely sell during the event would be high!

Every theme park I know adds on "special" summer shows in the preexisting price. Seaworld is famous for it, Busch Gardens, too...why Disney couldn't have done the same as an example of actually caring for their daily guests (who have likely sweated through a VERY hot day), I have no idea...

Sounds like a fantastic evening. Dang that's pricey though, IMO! Way too much for our family of 5 for one evening. Maybe a night out for my wife and I when we're there.

I will say that having signature dining at AK is something that's been lacking for a while. Shoot, TS food options in general at AK.

Dan

The fact that it IS exclusive, only open to a limited amount of guests(probably due to theater capacity)and that in turn will keep crowd levels low, is a HUGE part of why this is such a good idea. It isn't during the regular park day. It's after guests are gone, so paying party members have the place to themselves. Kind of like the behind the scenes tours. Most guests would probably like to see what those tours show for free, but they're exclusive to those who pay for that EXPERIENCE. It's more than just entertainment in the park, the harambe nights party is being sold as an experience. Tastes of Africa, exclusive guest narrator, be immersed in an exclusive show with just for you specials like a live orchestra and choir. This is what sets disney apart. Adventures by disney vacations tout themselves on these very principles: make the guest feel special, let them do exclusive things they will not experience anywhere else. Disney making guests feel special, is their specialty. If someone doesn't want to pay for this special event evening, they can brave the sun, heat and crowds while AK is open to the general public and see the regular lion king show and keep a lookout through the crowded harambe streets for the numerous throughout the day performers. As for food/drink, there's always Dawa Bar and Pizzafari.
I'll happily pay for and enjoy this special after hours experience.

$120 is too pricey for this. I think I am willing to pay $70 max for this, not $120.

Until I saw the full buffet meal after the show, I agreed with you. Adding in that plus the rest, made it easier to take. It's about $70 for one of the MK parties and that's without the meal. And the much smaller attendance figures.

Just made our reservations for June 21st!! So excited, we have never been to any of the exclusive parties at Disney. We have only been in summer months around the school schedule for our boys. We have been to WDW 3 other times, but this trip is definitely going to be a super special trip, can't wait! Our oldest is graduating from high school and leaving for college in the fall so really doing it up special, who knows when we will all have the same schedules to take a big vacation again for a while!party:

Until I saw the full buffet meal after the show, I agreed with you. Adding in that plus the rest, made it easier to take. It's about $70 for one of the MK parties and that's without the meal. And the much smaller attendance figures.

How are 1ooo people going to be handled in a buffet???

I am so conflicted on this! June 7 is our last full night at WDW and we were planning on doing HDDR, but this looks like so much fun. Just soooo expensive. The cost of this one night would pay for about half of the cost to upgrade to AP's, which is what I was thinking of doing.

Anytime they throw out the words "all-inclusive" I am tempted!

As cool as this sounds, I think it's another greedy money-making offer by Disney. They are really getting out of hand with these extra hard-ticket events, if you ask me. The Epcot after dark reviews are horrible. This one at AK seems better, but I still think its ridiculous that park paying guests don't get to enjoy these offerings already without paying extra. Like I said, another idea to make more money. And I am a Disney lover through and through.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter