NEW Harambe Nights event Summer 2014 Animal Kingdom

How are 1ooo people going to be handled in a buffet???

No idea. I've been to other, non-Disney events with 1000 people and buffets and it was no big deal. As long as you resist the urge to jump in line the second it opens.

As cool as this sounds, I think it's another greedy money-making offer by Disney. They are really getting out of hand with these extra hard-ticket events, if you ask me. The Epcot after dark reviews are horrible. This one at AK seems better, but I still think its ridiculous that park paying guests don't get to enjoy these offerings already without paying extra. Like I said, another idea to make more money. And I am a Disney lover through and through.

I hear you. I think PP comparing it to the behind the scene tours is quite appropriate. It would be nice if everyone could do it without paying extra but fact is, they can't. There have always been things day guests can't do and I guess there always will be. Heck, while they are at it, it would be nice if the costs overall were lower so more could afford it but that to is never going to happen.

I'm looking forward to any credible rumors/leaks from CM on other disney blogs, and am really looking forward to reviews and photos once these evenings start next month. If you don't care to go, then don't. Please keep this board positive, as I was looking for it to be informational regarding the upcoming Harambe Nights special after hours at AK event. If you don't care to go,or can't afford to go, then don't go, but PLEASE DON'T use this thread to complain about it.

Just sharing - we are all booked for July 19th! Myself, DH and DD! Super excited to take part in the party and I'll definitely report things back! :yay:

Looks great but considering at Hoop De Doo is $60 this is looking a little expensive.

For those that really want it I'm sure would be an amazing evening and if it was under $1000 then I would go for it too!

Just booked for July 5th! Tho a bit pricy, I think it will be really cool to experience something totally new and different at the Animal Kingdom!

Just booked for June 7th!!!!! My son's 13th birthday!!! I hope he likes it, the whole evening sounds amazing!!!!!!!!!!!1 :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

Does anyone know how they will handle guests with allergies? At the dessert party we were giving a plate based on what my wife could eat.

Well, after all my complaining about how Disney is creating more and more events just to make more money for the shareholders (which I still contend they are:) I confess I got sucked in and we're going to this event.
We won't be there until late summer though and, unfortunately, will probably have heard all the "complaints" about it by then and perhaps regret our decision. Time will tell.
However, I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt and see what happens!
As for the money...the how expensive part? Well, we can either decide to spend it or not. If we don't, someone else will. Disney sure knows that.
We have already dropped our D23 membership and our AP's. Nobody's begging us to come back.
Back to Harambe, remember, the 1,000 people may expand...Disney's notorious for that as I recall from D23 events.
Do hope those of you who decide to go have a great time and find it well worth the expense!

Well, after all my complaining about how Disney is creating more and more events just to make more money for the shareholders (which I still contend they are:) I confess I got sucked in and we're going to this event.
We won't be there until late summer though and, unfortunately, will probably have heard all the "complaints" about it by then and perhaps regret our decision. Time will tell.
However, I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt and see what happens!
As for the money...the how expensive part? Well, we can either decide to spend it or not. If we don't, someone else will. Disney sure knows that.
We have already dropped our D23 membership and our AP's. Nobody's begging us to come back.
Back to Harambe, remember, the 1,000 people may expand...Disney's notorious for that as I recall from D23 events.
Do hope those of you who decide to go have a great time and find it well worth the expense!
It may but in this case I believe it's limited to the number of seats in the theater, since the special showing of the FOTLK is part of the event.

I do live trip reports over on the resort board, I will post live pics and info! :)
Yay!!!!!! Looking forward to your report and pics!!! Thank you soooo much! You'll be among the first to experience it! How cool is that?!?!
Should be a fun night !

I go in with insanely low expectations :lmao: But I have feeling it will be really special. :) I'm excited.... cautiously ;)

It may but in this case I believe it's limited to the number of seats in the theater, since the special showing of the FOTLK is part of the event.

Great point! They can't sell more tickets than there are seats in the theater. :)

I am so excited about this!!!!!!! :cool1::cool1::cool1:

Is the $119/ticket price JUST for the event, or is that park admission+the ticket event? I'm assuming that's just the ticket event, which is a bit much for me, but to each their own, right?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter