NEW...DOLPHIN/SWAN..."questions and answers"...tips and hints!

Status
Not open for further replies.
DF:

I think it's great that you can go on such extended vacations! It gives us something to which we can aspire...

Ok...here's another test of the image broadcasting system, using the always-informative ozziewags tips. If it works, you might be seeing some of the glass poultry from Germany.

fb41d63f.jpg

Originally posted by Blondie
Aw shucks!

Then I'll just have to be a stowaway in one of her suitcases then!
And they are certainly BIG enough (LOL)! Not implying you are...just my darned bags have grown to 29" pullmans with the "expandable" zipper! This past summer, I shipped a total of 6 parcels home (with purchases), including two last minute from the Dolphin. I ALSO purchased another 29" eddie bauer bag from Target, which I'll keep for next summer! Since we only left with 4 bags for 3 persons (not including our one carry-on each), we were still entitled to 2 more bags! But...trekking around 6~29" bags makes little sense (especially since I'm notorious for over-packing, and NEVER using all I bring).

Therefore...feel free to HOP in the EXTRA 29" pullman! It's very cushy and comfy, especially for the non-stop to MCO. Meet me in LAX at the Delta Terminal in July. I'll give the exact specifics later. You will be more than welcome to join in on all the events and fun, since we have more than enough room in the suites!

You have all made me laugh today! Thanks for the smiles and chuckles. You are simply...THE BEST!!

;) :p

DF99 :wave:

I just noticed...NEXT MONTH (well, actually tomorrow), is my TWO YEAR "DIS" ANNIVERSARY!! It's been WONDERFUL...and just keeps getting BETTER!

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

DF ~ Happy DIS Anniversary

and thanks for starting this thread and bringing together some great friends and our love of Disney and the S/D.

Just think... it all started with a dream.. a Dreamflight99, that is! :D ;) :D

Thanks, Mouseteacher! Your 1-year Anniversary is close behind in October! Hard to believe this much time has already passed. It seems like it's been a day/two since we all began. Time FLIES when you're having FUN, and FUN is what we do BEST around here. ;)

Dream...one of my FAVORITE WORDS in the human vernacular! I bought a mug while on Vacation in Vero (@ Barnies, Indian River Mall), which reads:

"Go Confidently in the Direction of your DREAMS! Live the LIFE you've always imgained." (Thoreau).

Very inspirational...and certainly "Words to live by" (IMOHO).

TTFN...

Moi :smooth:

Lisa>> Oh I didn't mean to imply "mean" mortal sin envy, but nice happy envy! I hope you didn't take my posts the wrong way as they were not meant that way. You have such a great outlook on life through real time and vacation time. I love reading and seeing everyone's vacations, both to the world and to other places. Through others' eyes it is nice to share! You girls *and our honorary brothers* make me smile every day. I am glad to have met you all if only, so far, through the boards!

Debbie

:wave: A quick wave to the room!

DF99~Thanks for keeping the thread going. We lurkers have learned so much through this thread. You give us so much to look forward to here! And your pictures take us away... We really love having so much to aspire to!

#1hockeymom~I havn't set a countdown clock, so I'll just keep watching yours. We'll be at the Swan at the same time.:D

I'm learning! That last photo is of my DD6 smooching our dolphin named Natalie at Discovery Cove!:D

fb394c18.jpg

My family stopping for a photo just before the waterfall which leads in to the aviary at Discovery Cove.
fb3949ab.jpg

DD6 had this happen while she was feeding the birds in the aviary!
fb39553f.jpg

The birds like my husband too!

You have created another photo monster! You are great teachers:D And I have to thank my husband for helping too!

Here are some more pics from Discovery Cove ... we had a fantastic time!:D
fb3968e4.jpg

Our whole family with Natalie!
fb3966ba.jpg

Natalie is giving me a ride... she was so fast and powerful!
fb396d16.jpg

A "high five" from Natalie!
fb396e57.jpg

My DD14 gives Natalie a kiss!
fb396f0c.jpg

Playing splashing games with the dolphin!
fb396616.jpg

Chelsea giving the dolphin a cue to smack the water ...

I just got back from a few days on Martha's Vineyard. I was surprised to see a whole new thread.

Happy Labor Day everyone!

Good wishes go out to any teachers starting the school year tomorrow! I have 2 teacher days and then students on Thursday.

Kelli, Wonderful photos of your beautiful family! How long were in FL? I think you had an extended stay too? I hope to post pictures of my family on this thread from WDW in Dec/Jan. Welcome back!

DF, Beautiful photos! PLEASE post a picture of the cake from MGM with the $100 bill on top! We just celibrated DS's 24th birthday yesterday! He had a really grand cake too but sadly NO $100 bill on top.....I popped the $100 in his envelope! Welcome back!

Mouseteacher, Looks like our beautiful weather has gone south?! We have 4 days of rain facing us here in CT.

Ozzie, I'm so glad you enjoyed The Lyon King! We just saw Rent in Boston a few weeks ago! Wonderful! Glad to hear you are off to a good start concerning the school year!

Hockeymom, Glad to see your countdown clock!

Happy Labor Day, everyone!

Muffy

Good morning everyone. Three more days and we are off to the Swan. Here is another question for you experts. Mom is in a wheelchair for the trip, but typically just walks by herself, except outside when she uses a cane. I did not book a handicapped accessible room (what was I thinking?) Here is the question - are there any accessible rooms on the 12th floor. My fear is that we lose our upgrade getting an accessible room. Mom doesn't need things like wheel chair level sinks or a wheel in shower, but it would be nice to have a room with a few grab bars. Do the standard swan rooms have grab bars in them or do you need to request that?

I guess I will check over on the disabilities board as well.

Thanks all.

Lauren

Note to Dreamflight -- No, I agree with everyone else. I don't think posting details about your long adventure is a bad
thing -- I loved reading every detail. I was just amazed that you and your family have that much vacation time to do the trip. I get five weeks a year and I thought that was a lot. My DH is not a huge disney fan, so typically my trips to DW are short four nighters with the kids and my mom without him during his busy time at work. That way, I get my Disney fix and he can work insane hours without any guilt.

Good morning all and Happy Labor Day!

Yes, Muffy, literally the summer weather has gone south! :( I love summer weather and mourn the cloudy, chilly days predicted for the next few. Although, the silver lining is that it will be comfortable for the kids returning to school on Wed.

jmcross~ Welcome home from the Vineyard. School does start for me (have been working but at a much more leisurely pace) in full force tomorrow. Teachers come in for meetings and a welcome back luncheon. It is a little difficult shifting from the more relaxed pace of summer life back to the rigid routines and demands of the school year. But, dreaming about next summer and hopefully (if all goes well) planning a trip to the Swan next July.

Lauren~ If I remember correctly, the only grab bar I saw was on the back wall of the tub area. I don't know if that will suffice for helping your mom. The space in the room should be fine if she can walk about without her wheelchair.

Mouseteacher - you are sure about that grab bar? That would be perfect, she might just need some help having something to reach for as she gets into the shower and then something to grab on to if she starts to lose her balance.

I truly cannot believe we are leaving so soon. The great thing is that we are each just taking a small carry on bag, no luggage this trip at all. Last time when we went with the kids we had huge suitcases to hold all of the stuff we needed for them. Diapers, sand toys, tons of clothes, stuffed animals, etc, etc. This time, it is just a bunch of tshirts, some shorts and very basic toiletries. It is a very freeing feeling to travel so lightweight.

My kids are being surprisingly good about me going on this trip without them to have "special time" with Grandma. I think that the timing is good with them starting school this week, they are pretty distracted. I have promised to bring back some pins and pressed pennies for their collections and that was all that they needed to hear. My wonderful DH is also being a trooper about this even though he will be on full time kid duty every night and all weekend without me.

OK - off to the health club. Hope you all have a lovely labor day.

Lauren

I'm pretty sure but I don't trust my memory these days LOL - aging process?! :eek: Hopefully, the other sorority sisters will check in and confirm my memory about the grab bar.

The bar is on a slant on the wall - so if you are in the tub - you can lift yourself up. But if showering you can hold it if needed. I'm not sure at what height it is located - I believe it was lower if you were showering and just right if you were bathing.

Sorority Sisters??

Mouseteacher-I was in school 3 days this week to prepare and I know what you mean about the relaxed atmosphere when no one is there. My administrators looked so rested and laid back.

I am also looking forward to my trip to the Swan in February. I'm sure it will be here before I know it!
:earsgirl:

"Okay, Kelli...you have me convinced!";)

The photos of your lovely family (you could all be professional models for Sea World!), have convinced me to try DC next summer. How early should I book/reserve a date? Does the day include a meal? Please post a few more details (if you could) about the day there (from beginning to end). Thank you....for everything. The pic of your DH with the birdie atop his head is...PRICELESS! I would LOVE one of DH like this~a true "CROWNING ACHIEVEMENT!" (LOL). Your DH obviously has a great sense of humor (as does mine), and is a good sport, too. :) Thanks again, for all the AWESOME pictures of Discovery Cove. Ozzie has been successful...once more! Three cheers for sister OZZIE!:cool:

#1hockeymom, TinkOhio, joshua4....and all else whom replied with kind letters (regarding my vacation posts)~ THANK YOU. I did not mean to infer anything negative in return. After I re-read my previous post (answering a poster about the length of our stays in the magic), I wanted to critique/amend myself on the "fine-line" of "reflecting w/o boasting". We are indeed very fortunate to stay so long, and I do not wish to come off as someone whom takes the blessing lightly or for granted. DH and I both work tenaciously throughout the year, in order to spend a large portion of it in WDW(or other). As I've posted in the past...we live by the words: "PLAY....IS VERY SERIOUS WORK." I wish you all the LONGEST vacations you are possibly able to take! ;)

*True PEACE is when time doesn't matter as it passes by. (Maria Schell).

Mouseteacher...you are indeed correct about the Grab-Bar in the shower/bath.

HAPPY LABOR DAY to all! :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter