New Disney Theme Park reservation system

i am DVC owner with oct booked no tickets. I got the email Friday that I can book Monday....So confused

”since you are an existing ticket holder with a Disney resort or other select hotel reservation, we’re giving you access to the Disney Park Pass system beginning June 22”

You will not be able to book Park Pass reservations on Monday without having a valid park admission ticket. Some time before June 28th you will be able to purchase tickets per Disney's own timeline. You can see a very easy to understand breakdown on the link I posted previously.

You will not be able to book Park Pass reservations on Monday without having a valid park admission ticket. Some time before June 28th you will be able to purchase tickets per Disney's own timeline. You can see a very easy to understand breakdown on the link I posted previously.

maybe I am reading it wrong? The june 28th date is for 2021 people. It states the following for my situation

“Later this Summer-Based on availability, sales of 2020 tickets and Disney Resort hotel arrivals will resume.”

again, am I missing something?

maybe I am reading it wrong? The june 28th date is for 2021 people. It states the following for my situation

“Later this Summer-Based on availability, sales of 2020 tickets and Disney Resort hotel arrivals will resume.”

again, am I missing something?
You are correct. I guess mentally I was thinking 2020 comes before 2021. I mean that would only make sense. But, this was a lot of information Disney sprung on us just days before. I really don't imagine there will be a huge surge in park attendance. Maybe at first but not thereafter until 2021. I am not to concerned about capacity at any park at this point. There are so many rules and many limitations. I don't imagine many will splurge full price on a vacation that has limited offerings.

And I have both a DVC reservation and an AP and have not recevied 1 email about it. Not in spam. Yes, I am checked off to receive emails. I certainly got all my cancelled ADR emails.
Same exact situation here with reservations and APs. All of my ADR cancellations and even my MNSSHP cancellation came via email. But I received nothing about booking park reservations. It’s odd but I shall log on tomorrow to book anyway.

Question - we have a party of 8 with 3 different DVC reservations and multiple MDE accounts. All reservations and tickets for everyone are linked to MDE and we all share plans so is this going to be like making FPs where one person can book for everyone or will we need to do groups based on each reservation?
I would assume its going to be like the fastpass system, based on the dev testing I have seen of the park reservation system. If I was Disney IT i would use pre-existing code as much as possible, and that seems like a logical step. Still not sure why you would have to select a time (maybe because its based on the FP code) if you are allowed to leave and return to the same park, unless your not allowed to return.

i am DVC owner with oct booked no tickets. I got the email Friday that I can book Monday....So confused

”since you are an existing ticket holder with a Disney resort or other select hotel reservation, we’re giving you access to the Disney Park Pass system beginning June 22”
I got the same email. I have DVC reservations but no tickets. I am going to make my park passes on Monday and see what happens.

http://mouseadventurer.com/clearingupparkpassreservationconfusion/
This breaks everything down in a very easy to understand post.
I don't think this post covers DVC members. The only reason a DVC member would have tickets already would be if they are approaching the fast pass window, or if they are AP holders (in which case their guests would still need tickets. I don't think Disney is doing a system where DVC members are shut out of the parks. We'll find out on Monday.

I got the same email. I have DVC reservations but no tickets. I am going to make my park passes on Monday and see what happens.
Ya I kind of thought that....Maybe DVC Owners get an exception to being able to book the parks without tickets hence DVC owners getting the email but not cash guests...

What would happen if a DVC member (and family) were to purchase AP’s on June 28 instead of regular tickets...do you think we would be able to go backwards and make park reservations for a November 2020 trip that we have DVC room resides but no current tix?

I don't think this post covers DVC members. The only reason a DVC member would have tickets already would be if they are approaching the fast pass window, or if they are AP holders (in which case their guests would still need tickets. I don't think Disney is doing a system where DVC members are shut out of the parks. We'll find out on Monday.
Maybe if we are lucky DVC owners and people within their group can buy tickets tomorrow, or at least reserve the park for everyone in their group and then figure out tickets when sales start again.

AP’s can only have a maximum of 3 days on their account if they do not have a resort reservation.

I actually do think AP will try to grab as many dates as possible - understanding that they are limited to 3. I am a local AP holder and generally dont plan much in advance since we are already here (dont need travel or hotel plans) and already have tickets. I think APs will get 3 dates and "roll them" - get 3 days and cancel one the day before and add a new one. That will keep their options open for going on a whim (grab dinner at Epcot and walk around for exercise and people watch).

Scary thing is we have 3 DVC reservations between two memberships and we all have tickets but none of us has gotten the most recent email. We did get the one they sent out a week or so ago about taking care of those who had reservations and tickets - so we will see.

Also, I have a reservation at the Dolphin on our first night and that one is not linked to MDE but I did get the email from the Swan/Dolphin.

I would assume its going to be like the fastpass system, based on the dev testing I have seen of the park reservation system. If I was Disney IT i would use pre-existing code as much as possible, and that seems like a logical step. Still not sure why you would have to select a time (maybe because its based on the FP code) if you are allowed to leave and return to the same park, unless your not allowed to return.

This is what I was thinking too and I hope that's the way it works. All 3 of us will sign-on tomorrow just in case but again that just bogs down the system.

Question - we have a party of 8 with 3 different DVC reservations and multiple MDE accounts. All reservations and tickets for everyone are linked to MDE and we all share plans so is this going to be like making FPs where one person can book for everyone or will we need to do groups based on each reservation?

As long as everyone's tickets are linked together yes, one person can make the Park Pass reservations for all. If their tickets are not linked to yours then no, they will need to make separate Park Pass reservation. It works the same as Fast pass.

If you have both a Resort stay booked rented or direct AND valid admission tickets linked to you MDE then you can book on Monday. As far as Disney has told me it for those booked in 2020 not 2021.

As long as everyone's tickets are linked together yes, one person can make the Park Pass reservations for all. If their tickets are not linked to yours then no, they will need to make separate Park Pass reservation. It works the same as Fast pass.

Perfect thanks!

I wonder if there will be a set limit for each park on each of the park pass booking dates. Or, will the system allow unlimited reservations, till a park’s capacity is filled for a particular date, even if that happens on June 22?

I wonder if there will be a set limit for each park on each of the park pass booking dates. Or, will the system allow unlimited reservations, till a park’s capacity is filled for a particular date, even if that happens on June 22?
I don't thinks so. I think it is first come first serve basis. But, I don't think they will reach capacity on one day of reservations. Park capacity even at 30% is huge so I imagine they won't even hit that on park opening. Not many people want to splurge full price on a limited vacation experience. So, far on all the boards I have read, people are opting to wait and see or modify reservations for next year. I am not too worried about Monday. I think a lot of people will try to book because its like with the toilet paper shortage. People want to get what everyone else is trying to get. Then when the novelty wears off they won't see the urgency and will cancel or modify until next year.

Scary thing is we have 3 DVC reservations between two memberships and we all have tickets but none of us has gotten the most recent email. We did get the one they sent out a week or so ago about taking care of those who had reservations and tickets - so we will see.

Also, I have a reservation at the Dolphin on our first night and that one is not linked to MDE but I did get the email from the Swan/Dolphin.
As far as I have been told emails are going out in batches. Even though you may not have received an email, all the info is on the Disney Parks Blog. As long as you have a resort stay and valid park admission linked to MDE you will be able to book Monday with or without getting the email.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter