New Disney Theme Park reservation system

So anyone with a DVC reservation in 2020 without a ticket is currently SOL! Seems to me that this will lead to a lot of cancellations and then to a nice increase in breakage income for Disney. So Disney can keep their resorts closed while moving people into DVC resorts, all paid for by members that aren't allowed to buy tickets.

Nice!

Knowing that all previously purchased tickets have expiration dates extended to September of 2021, if a person successfully reserves a number of dates at various parks this summer but is unwilling to show up on that day due to continually escalating cases and chooses to just make it a resort stay. Will the tickets be forfeited for the number of days a person doesn't show up?

Will the reserved, but unused tickets, lose those days or will they be recognized as unused days and be available for a potential future trip, to be used before the expiration date of September 2021?

Better yet, will there be an option to remove a successfully reserved park visit, either online or by phone, and how far in advance must it be done to avoid forfeiting days off of the tickets?

Where did you here that all tickets have expirations dates through September 2021?

Parksavers has tickets available for stays up until August 5th

Thanks for that tip! Never used or even heard of that site before, but then again, we aren't usually buying tickets.

We just used it to purchase a 7 day ticket for our guest for Aug 1-8. It acted like it only wanted to give us 3 says but in the end, it said it was for 7 days and charged us for a 7 day one park per day. We shall see when I get the number by email. Maybe at least we have something now. The way I look at it, anything on Monday beats nothing.

Thank you!!

What happens when you use up the 3 days of park reservations but still have 2-3 more days of vacation? After you use the 1st day then use the app to reserve a 4th day?
We’re annual passholders, but not local to Orlando and will be staying at off-site hotel for $$ reasons.

What happens when you use up the 3 days of park reservations but still have 2-3 more days of vacation? After you use the 1st day then use the app to reserve a 4th day?
We’re annual passholders, but not local to Orlando and will be staying at off-site hotel for $$ reasons.

It is well documented that AP holders will be able to book at the end of the week.

It is well documented that AP holders will be able to book at the end of the week.
Right, but I was referring to making a park reservation while we are already on vacation. Only 3 days worth of park reservations can be held at one time - if not staying at Disney resort.

Right, which is awesome for early 2021, but puts those outside of 11 months at a disadvantage, right? Or did I miss something? Info is coming out so hot and heavy, I wouldn't be surprised if I missed something.

If you have a valid ticket, you can book any dates for 2021 that match your reservation. So, a DVC person with tickets right now could book as late as May 2021 since those are 11 month booking.

The harder problem will be the renewals of APs that are typically at 60 days prior.

I have not yet seen if they will allow people to renew early so they can book farther out,

My AP will now expire end of Feb...but the last month extension won’t be there until October...which means I can’t book park days for that until then.

I do have an older ticket in my account that I was going to use to upgrade.l.but I may keep it so I always have it to use.

So anyone with a DVC reservation in 2020 without a ticket is currently SOL! Seems to me that this will lead to a lot of cancellations and then to a nice increase in breakage income for Disney. So Disney can keep their resorts closed while moving people into DVC resorts, all paid for by members that aren't allowed to buy tickets.

Nice!

There was an email posted from a TA that seems to indicate Disney is looking to resume ticket sales in a few weeks for 2020.

So, it may not be as long as people think...hopefully it proves true.

Right, but I was referring to making a park reservation while we are already on vacation. Only 3 days worth of park reservations can be held at one time - if not staying at Disney resort.

The way I read it is that once you use one day, you would be allowed to book another...assuming there is still open slots

Thanks for that tip! Never used or even heard of that site before, but then again, we aren't usually buying tickets.

We just used it to purchase a 7 day ticket for our guest for Aug 1-8. It acted like it only wanted to give us 3 says but in the end, it said it was for 7 days and charged us for a 7 day one park per day. We shall see when I get the number by email. Maybe at least we have something now. The way I look at it, anything on Monday beats nothing.

Thank you!!
I started a blog and wanted to try different services to see how they worked. I used Park Savers without any issues last year. They even give you the ability to pay installments using PayPal credit. If you aren't familiar with that it is a way to pay for something in installments. Its always better to pay all up front but for those in a pinch it really works. I did it just to try it out and it worked out great!

Last edited:

IF it works like the DL flex pass then almost immediately after entering the park you should be able to book another day. Sometimes it takes a little time for the system to recognize you've entered but most of the time it's immediate.

I apologize if this has been answered but do we know:
1. What happens if you arrive after your scheduled arrival time at your park?
2. Can you leave and return to the same park? Midday breaks are essential for us.

2. Can you leave and return to the same park? Midday breaks are essential for us.

You can leave and return - that I know.

I'd guess the arrival time doesn't actually matter.

You will be able to arrive when you arrive and leave and come back. You just need your valid Disney pass and your park reservation. Disney wouldn't keep their guests hostage. lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter