• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New Discounts 8-16-10

THey are offers just not avail to everyone. only ONE offer per stay, you can stsy some days FD, some days Gift Card etc but not the same days for both offers. You have to figure the best for you. AP holders don't need tickets so many take the room only. Some people like the giftcard to spend as they please, some like FD. PINs are just restricted offers to those that receive them.
So the PIN offers are the same offers as the regular offers, only they are limited in scope. Ah well, I guess it was too much to expect Disney to take a loss/reduced profit for my convenience.

Two quick questions (hope they haven't been asked yet)

but:

#1 - if you take the Gift Card promo - can you also get a AAA rate? or is that like doubling a discount?

#2 - can you use the Gift Card as part of your balance?

So the PIN offers are the same offers as the regular offers, only they are limited in scope. Ah well, I guess it was too much to expect Disney to take a loss/reduced profit for my convenience.

The PIN is what ever it says it is. It really has nothing to do with any other orrer. Sometimes a GP offer resembles a PIN but from what I have seen the PINs are out there before it's offered to the GP. Sometimes date ranges are different. A PIN is just another offer made to select individuals and NO offers at WDW can be stacked/combined or whatever you want to call it.

Two quick questions (hope they haven't been asked yet)

but:

#1 - if you take the Gift Card promo - can you also get a AAA rate? or is that like doubling a discount?
No.
#2 - can you use the Gift Card as part of your balance?

No. you get it when you checkin. The package has to be pd. for 45 days before.
One thing you can do is just get the 2 day passes that are required and use the giftcard towards upgrading them to the number of days you want or add the hopper etc. Food can be purchased with the giftcard as well

came home from work this morning at 7am, immediately ran to the computer, it was already on. went to dw website and low and behold great news. Now I am driving myself nuts with entering dates for possible vacations. I know I am going for a few days is december, solo trip, treat for me. I cant figure out what resort I want to stay at. It is a bummer that AKL is only 25% off their room rates while other deluxe resorts are up to 40%. So I told hubby about the free dining (he wants to go again next year) and he said check out the dates for september 2011. Did that and trying to figure out if I should book with the 2 boys and then cancel them off the ressie if they decide they dont want to go. Decisions, decisions, decisions, decisions.

No. you get it when you checkin. The package has to be pd. for 45 days before.

One thing you can do is just get the 2 day passes that are required and use the giftcard towards upgrading them to the number of days you want or add the hopper etc. Food can be purchased with the giftcard as well

added a way to possibly use the giftcard at least in theory towards the payment of the trip.

OK, my mom and I are considering going for 7 days starting on either June 1 or June 2. How are the crowd levels between June 1 and June 9? Especially effected by Memorial Day Weekend and Star Wars Weekend? We were considering going around June 8thish, but with free dining, we'd save a good amount of money.

Opinions would be greatly appreciated! :D

Free dining is not available past June second (until you hit fall). So early June would not be an option for free dining.

Yeah, I know. Was wondering more of crowd levels because of Memorial Day being right before it. We're looking at June 1-8.

Well, here's how I made out after holding from 7:00-8:15 this morning...:eek:

We already had tickets, so any package deal was out. We were also already booked at AKL for Feb. 9-13. I was bummed that they were only offering a 25% discount and not the 40%. We considered switching to the Poly, but my DH really had his heart set on returning to AKL.

So...
Our original booking was at $265 (weekday) and $275 (weekend).

Then we added a AAA discount and it became $225.25 (weekday) and $233.75 (weekend).

Today it changed to $198.75 (weekday) and $206.25 (weekend).

It wasn't the savings I had hoped for, but I guess it's better than nothing, right? I suppose I'm just spoiled since we scored a 40% discount last year for AKL. I am still regreting not taking the opportunity to switch to the the Poly though since we have a chance now to afford it. Will someone please tell me I made a great decision and to get over it! ;);)

I think about all the poor people who don't have the DIS and never find out about these specials :sad2: Aren't we lucky!!!

Yeah, I know. Was wondering more of crowd levels because of Memorial Day being right before it. We're looking at June 1-8.

You should still be able to get FD since the fist day of you trip is June 2 and before. I'm pretty sure the children in FL are still in school then if that helps.

AHHHHH!!!!!!!! I'm so excited! Our package is booked for 7 nights with Free Dining!! We were originally only going to go for 5 nights but it's not that much more to stay the 2 extra nights and we had already budgeted that much money. I keep doing a happy dance around my house! That's 8 days (including arrival and departure) in the world!!! We're going to get to enjoy it and relax a little too!! :-D AND now we're going to get to see the end of the Christmas things like Osbourne lights and the lit up castle!!

AHHHHH!!!!!!!! I'm so excited! Our package is booked for 7 nights with Free Dining!! We were originally only going to go for 5 nights but it's not that much more to stay the 2 extra nights and we had already budgeted that much money. I keep doing a happy dance around my house! That's 8 days (including arrival and departure) in the world!!! We're going to get to enjoy it and relax a little too!! :-D AND now we're going to get to see the end of the Christmas things like Osbourne lights and the lit up castle!!

What are the dates you will be going AprilRenee?

OK, my mom and I are considering going for 7 days starting on either June 1 or June 2. How are the crowd levels between June 1 and June 9? Especially effected by Memorial Day Weekend and Star Wars Weekend? We were considering going around June 8thish, but with free dining, we'd save a good amount of money.

Our trip last year was May 29-June 2. It was definitely more crowded than our previous trip (Sept/Oct), but not unmanageable, especially if you are rope drop/EMH people. :thumbsup2

Well, here's how I made out after holding from 7:00-8:15 this morning...:eek:

We already had tickets, so any package deal was out. We were also already booked at AKL for Feb. 9-13. I was bummed that they were only offering a 25% discount and not the 40%. We considered switching to the Poly, but my DH really had his heart set on returning to AKL.

So...
Our original booking was at $265 (weekday) and $275 (weekend).

Then we added a AAA discount and it became $225.25 (weekday) and $233.75 (weekend).

Today it changed to $198.75 (weekday) and $206.25 (weekend).

It wasn't the savings I had hoped for, but I guess it's better than nothing, right? I suppose I'm just spoiled since we scored a 40% discount last year for AKL. I am still regreting not taking the opportunity to switch to the the Poly though since we have a chance now to afford it. Will someone please tell me I made a great decision and to get over it! ;);)

I think about all the poor people who don't have the DIS and never find out about these specials :sad2: Aren't we lucky!!!

So I got my gathering the $300 gift card. Can we use the AAA (or CAA in my case) discount as well?

We went this past summer over the Memorial Day weekend through 6/4. We did SWW, ect. We did not think the crowd levels were that bad. We did everything we wanted to do on this trip. Like another poster said - do rope drop and take advantage of EMH. We had a great trip and booked for next Memorial Day!:goodvibes I would book it and have a great trip with FREE DINING!! :wizard:

i didnt think so, but it sounded like some had used the aaa and also gotten the gift card. just thought i would check!!

Okay, I just got back from a mini (non-Disney) vacation and have a couple of questions. I can't get on Disney's website and I don't have the ambition to call Disney right now so I thought I'd ask here and maybe by morning I'll have an answer and can resume with contacting Disney. First, anyone else having a problem getting on Disney's website? Second, am I correct in thinking that you have to decide between the three deals? In other words, only FD, only the gift card, or only the discounted room? No combining anything? And last, if you stay at a hotel and get the deluxe dining plan, can you use table service credits at counter service? Thanks for your help.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter