New Discounts 8-16-10

ollyg

DIS Veteran
I got this from touring plan's website blog:

With Disney reporting advance hotel bookings down 9% earlier this week, it’s not surprising we hear a new round of discounts will hit the streets this Monday, August 16.

Word is that there will be three discounts. And before we get to those, let’s remember that this is all speculation and innuendo, told by people of questionable moral character. It’s entirely possible we’re completely wrong.

First discount is an extension of free dining, through September 2011. This comes with a considerable number of blackout dates, including Spring Break, Easter and most of Summer 2011.

Second discount is some kind of gift card offer, with a 5- or 6-night minimum stay. We hear sales of park merchandise are slow, and this is designed to address that. No idea how long this offer will last.

Third offer is a room-only discount, something like 20 or 25% off value resorts (and either AKL or WL – not sure which), 30% off moderates (and one of the MK deluxe resorts), and 40% off the remaining deluxes. We hear there are fewer blackout dates on this one. Not sure of how long this offer will last, but it’s possible it’s good only through March 2011.

Good luck to those of you who’ve booked and may qualify.popcorn::

Sending pixie dust to all!! I know I will be stalking the disney website and DIS boards :surfweb:

Wow! Possibly extending free dining until Sept. 2011 at this point. I would be very very happy as I already have booked for next September but that does seem a little strange this early.

Hmmm - we have a "basic package" booked for January @ OKW but the 40% would be great, I guess then I'd have to switch back to room only for that and then go OOP for dining and pay tix separately.

One can only hope! I already have a PIN discount at a moderate, but I'd love to book a deluxe in December!

There may be something there that wasn't there before! ;)

OHHH!! Ihope Ihope Ihope!!! We are booked for March 5-12, and are NOT spring break accrding to Disneys' current seasons unti lthe last day, so amy not be blacked out for FD. If not mabye room only?? Come on discounts!!!!

Anyone know waht the track record is for touring plans being right about discount releases?? I would be interested to know wether they are usually right.

Anyone know waht the track record is for touring plans being right about discount releases?? I would be interested to know wether they are usually right.

I'm not really sure. I am skeptical about free dining into Sept 2011--that seems kind of a stretch. The timing seems realistic since the current deals expire on
8-14-10.

I guess we will have to wait and see.

Please, dont shoot the messenger. :scared1:

I'm not really sure. I am skeptical about free dining into Sept 2011--that seems kind of a stretch. The timing seems realistic since the current deals expire on
8-14-10.

I guess we will have to wait and see.

Please, dont shoot the messenger. :scared1:
Definitely not! You are just reporting what you have read. Here's hoping, at least!

I sure hope that at least part of the "rumor" is true. I'd love to have some sort of discount the last week of May/first week of June, 2011.

Then for the first time ever, I can't wait for Monday. DM & I are planning a :santa: themed trip in early December but have been waiting to book with a significant room only discount. Would love to stay at another Deluxe resort but not willing to pay rack rates.

Wow it would kind of be unprecidented for Disney to put out to the general public such offers for extended peroid of time. Also kind of goes against Iger's statement of weaning the public off of discounts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter