New Discounts 8-16-10

Okay, I just got back from a mini (non-Disney) vacation and have a couple of questions. I can't get on Disney's website and I don't have the ambition to call Disney right now so I thought I'd ask here and maybe by morning I'll have an answer and can resume with contacting Disney. First, anyone else having a problem getting on Disney's website? Second, am I correct in thinking that you have to decide between the three deals? In other words, only FD, only the gift card, or only the discounted room? No combining anything? And last, if you stay at a hotel and get the deluxe dining plan, can you use table service credits at counter service? Thanks for your help.

Just one deal.

You can use dxddp for either TS or CS.

I haven't tried to get on WDW site today.

This is not exactly a disney deal but mousesavers has info about discounted disney hotels being booked thru expedia during december including Christmas, does anyone know about how booking thru expedia works? I was planning on booking a room only pkg and purchasing ddp since we are Ap's I really would like to use the rates they have for the holidays but I am just not sure if all that can be worked out. Anyone who knows please shed some light on the subject Thanks!

This is not exactly a disney deal but mousesavers has info about discounted disney hotels being booked thru expedia during december including Christmas, does anyone know about how booking thru expedia works? I was planning on booking a room only pkg and purchasing ddp since we are Ap's I really would like to use the rates they have for the holidays but I am just not sure if all that can be worked out. Anyone who knows please shed some light on the subject Thanks!

I used Expedia for a stay at the Comtemporary last year...paid $230 for a tower room!! You go on...see what they have and book it. You have to PIF at booking. You check in just like any other ressie.

We ended up staying with our original package. We are booked 10/10-10/18 at POFQ so no free dining. We couldn't get the gift card deal and in order to get the 30% off deal, we would've had to switch to POR. That would only be a $234 savings for us so we just stuck with the original plan. If we'd be eligible for FD, I'd switch to save about $900, but $234 just doesn't seem worth it to me. So, we just have a 10% AAA discount, which I am still grateful for, it's better than nothin'!

I used Expedia for a stay at the Comtemporary last year...paid $230 for a tower room!! You go on...see what they have and book it. You have to PIF at booking. You check in just like any other ressie.

Thanks for your input I am definitely going to check into it, the great part of the discount is that the rate follows throughout the whole stay, instead of changing during the holiday like wdw does. The rate stays the same! In case anyone would like an idea of what its adding up to its kinda like this
For a stay December 16-26 2010
Values $62 a night
Mods $104 except Coronado Spgs $108 CBR pirate room $125
Wilderness Lodge $144
Contemporary $201
Polynesian $219
Grand Floridian $287
Fort Wilderness Cabins $189
Yacht / Beach Club / Boardwalk $204
Saratoga Springs / Old Key West $177
Animal Kingdom Lodge $180
Animal Kingdom Villas- Kidani Village Studio $246
Boardwalk Villas Studio $204
These prices are all for a standard or garden view room which ever applies to that resort. Hope this info is helpful and someone else is able to take advantage of the discount as well!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter