New DDP- Servers not happy!

I actually wish they would get rid of the dining plan... lately I have heard nothing but complaints and it seems like more headache than it is worth to me. I think the DDP has created chaos at TS restaurants, poor service, food quality to go down, and menu changes.

I do feel bad for the servers that may not get tipped fairly because people may not realize the change but I think MORE people complained about the included tip because if service was poor they had no control over the tip. Servers should be tipped appropriately and bad service should = bad tip.
Our family loves the DP! I think it has just added enjoyment to our WDW vacations. We haven't seen any chaos, we've had great service and quality food, especially for the price. However, I do not like the fact that they have removed the tip from next year's plan. It will be hassle to keep up with the tip. I just wish they would have raised the price a few bucks and took away either the appetizer OR the dessert. Also, I think it will be worse on the servers. I think a lot of them will not get the percentage they deserve.

I actually wish they would get rid of the dining plan... lately I have heard nothing but complaints and it seems like more headache than it is worth to me. I think the DDP has created chaos at TS restaurants, poor service, food quality to go down, and menu changes.

I think just like most things, people are more likely to complain about the DDP than to praise it, so we naturally hear more negative than positive. Personally, I've not found the plan to be a headache, and we've had excellent service and food for the most part. I'm not a frequent enough guest to gauge menu changes, with only 3 trips over the past decade, but aside from some minor complaints about the "healthier" kids' menus, we enjoy the variety of food we get at Disney restaurants.

I was being a little sarcastic lol. Yes, it does seem like people are very quick to complain! Being AP holders and Fla residents we have only used the dining plan once and had a great time and enjoyed the convenience but it seems lately there are more and more problems... oh well, it doesn't effect me.

11 pages of this and people not being so nice to each other. I know we love to discuss this subject about servers not being happy with the new way of tipping on the DDP, but here is the thing, I am asking that you be respectful of each other and each other's opinions. It really bothers me when someone posts and then has to say I am putting on my flame proof suit to protect myself.

So consider this post on warning to be locked if the tweaking at each other continues.....

I called CRO today to book a trip for 5/08 and the very helpful CM helped me decide to take the deluxe DP;she did tell me that the tip wasn't included anymore.? When did this change happen? I don't think this bodes well for the servers;but it might-and I stress-might make them work harder for the tips. Some of the service I experienced was lackluster @ best under the old system;but I felt oh well "I'm at WDW" and I never let it ruin my day. LOL. Thanks all! Angel

I called CRO today to book a trip for 5/08 and the very helpful CM helped me decide to take the deluxe DP;she did tell me that the tip wasn't included anymore.? When did this change happen?

This is a change to the 2008 Dining Plan.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter