New code watch - October/November

Buddy Bear said:
What I have stated is the TRUTH and has been documented by Walt Disney World's Guest Communications. They are working on a resolution to my problem and I expect a response sometime tomorrow.

They apologized on several occasions during an earlier phone call and hopefully can come up with a viable solution.

Buddy Bear, that statement really wasn't directed at you.....It was because there were a few who were giving out bad info to anyone who would inquire about anything Best Rate......

You were one of the lucky few to grab that rate last summer, because AP discounts have been steadily declining.....First it was a $100 discount, then $85. then $75 then $70.

Skybaby said:
To get back on track - still no general public codes for November! :headache:

LOL! Nope! :rotfl: Unless we missed it with all the fighting! ;)

Check out Mousesavers! There is a PACKAGE code coming out SOON!!!!!

"A little bird tells me a special discounted Walt Disney World vacation package for late October through Christmas is coming very soon -- keep checking back!"

Spoisal said:
Check out Mousesavers! There is a PACKAGE code coming out SOON!!!!!

"A little bird tells me a special discounted Walt Disney World vacation package for late October through Christmas is coming very soon -- keep checking back!"

Whatever that means??? and with all my plans made, will I even be able to take advantage of it :confused3

jrogers345 - I don't know what your plans are or who you booked through but in general it will depend on whether you are within any change/cancellation windows and if so, whether the new discount is more than whatever your change/cancellation penalties may be.

Another ? that would apply to people already booked - If you have a package booked through Disney already won't they let you change it without penalty if the new package is more $$$? For example if you decide to move from a mod to a deluxe?

Also it can pay to be resort flexible. Go to Expedia and put in your dates. Although there were some times around weekends and the golf tournament when the resorts were busier in Oct, there is still a lot of availability in values and mods, especially toward the very end of Oct. Seeing what is booked up and what isn't will give you an idea of which resorts will be available with a discounted package. Remember you have to think of it as a clearance sale. Not likely to be available everywhere. Also if you're dates are flexible, play with looking at availablity there - might be able to work something better out.

Good luck when it comes out everyone.

LadyTrampScamp&Angel said:
jrogers345 - I don't know what your plans are or who you booked through but in general it will depend on whether you are within any change/cancellation windows and if so, whether the new discount is more than whatever your change/cancellation penalties may be.

Another ? that would apply to people already booked - If you have a package booked through Disney already won't they let you change it without penalty if the new package is more $$$? For example if you decide to move from a mod to a deluxe?

Changing a booking is just another good reason not to use the Best Rate program. As many of you have read I have had a considerable amount of trouble with this program and have spent the last week on the phone with Guest Communications.

I was informed that there is a "grey area" in regard to the difference between a cancellation and a modification. A cancellation means you lose your one night deposit a modification allows you to keep your deposit, BUT the question remains what is a modification?

I was told changing the date on the same type of package is a modification. I was also told that changing the package in anyway is a cancellation of one reservation in order to make the new reservation.

As a matter of fact it sounded like EVERYTHING was considered a cancellation except for changing the date.

Just one more issue that Disney needs to clarify in the future.

I decided to go to the AP web site and to see what was available for a trip we are planning for Spring Break and entered the dates, which were available in the pull-down menu, and the web site returned an error message that said I had to pick an arrival date on or before Feburary 15, 2005!!!! This whole BRP system is screwed-up with a capital "S". I would pick a different consonant, but this is a family board.

I mean that leaves you with a chance to use the BPR of somewhere between December 1st and February 15th, as of today. That's a window of 76 days to book a vacation using the BRP! I thought you just had to book beyond 60 days in advance. I didn't know you were limited to 136 days from today. When you are talking a busy week like Spring Break, there won't even be rooms available at rack rate when your window of opportunity rolls around much less any at a so-called best rate.

And you wonder why this BRP is not for me? I'm sure all those people who like it will like it until they run into this kind of frustration or try to book a Disney vacation without their Vacation Club or Disney employee discount.

Minnie's Mate said:
I decided to go to the AP web site and to see what was available for a trip we are planning for Spring Break and entered the dates, which were available in the pull-down menu, and the web site returned an error message that said I had to pick an arrival date on or before Feburary 15, 2005!!!! .

It states right on the first page that the rates are only available for travel before 02/15/06. I can't see how it could have been a surprise. Even the old AP call-ins were only available for a certain time frame.

Minnie's Mate said:
This whole BRP system is screwed-up with a capital "S". I would pick a different consonant, but this is a family board.

It really isn't that mush different than the old way of doing things....They've just tossed in a few necessary formalities.

Minnie's Mate said:
I mean that leaves you with a chance to use the BPR of somewhere between December 1st and February 15th, as of today. That's a window of 76 days to book a vacation using the BRP! I thought you just had to book beyond 60 days in advance. I didn't know you were limited to 136 days from today.

Again, just like old AP call-ins, the rates were only available for a certain set of dates. New dates will open up before too long.

Minnie's Mate said:
When you are talking a busy week like Spring Break, there won't even be rooms available at rack rate when your window of opportunity rolls around much less any at a so-called best rate.

Why not just book a room that you'll be happy with at AAA or rack & when best rates come out, see if one is available for your stay?

Minnie's Mate said:
And you wonder why this BRP is not for me? I'm sure all those people who like it will like it until they run into this kind of frustration or try to book a Disney vacation without their Vacation Club or Disney employee discount.

Many people won't run into those frustrations because they understand and can accept how the system works. All it takes is a little planning and patience.....

As far as DVC, the rooms aren't always available when we want them. In fact, I've never been able to get a room with a DVC discount, they're never available. I would hate to think about the incredible injustice that many here would feel if they were DVC members. :rolleyes:

Tink10 said:
It states right on the first page that the rates are only available for travel before 02/15/06. I can't see how it could have been a surprise.
I overlooked that part.
Tink10 said:
Even the old AP call-ins were only available for a certain time frame.
But we aren't talking about the "old AP" call-ins are we?
Tink10 said:
It really isn't that mush different than the old way of doing things....They've just tossed in a few necessary formalities.
"formalities" puleez! Just a bunch of unnecessary new hoops to jump through you mean.
Tink10 said:
Again, just like old AP call-ins, the rates were only available for a certain set of dates. New dates will open up before too long.
So how is this better for AP holders than the old AP system?
Tink10 said:
Why not just book a room that you'll be happy with at AAA or rack & when best rates come out, see if one is available for your stay?
This is what I normally do and wait for the AP rates to be released. One of the BPR supporters said previously that doing this was an abuse of the system and was one of the reasons Disney came up with the non-refundable deposit. If all us AP holders did this, it would mislead Disney into thinking they have a certain amount of occupancy and revenue at rack rate or AAA rate before they decide how many rooms they need to release at the BRP rate to meet revenue needs. So now you are suggesting that AP holders "abuse" the system?
Tink10 said:
Many people won't run into those frustrations because they understand and can accept how the system works. All it takes is a little planning and patience.....

I do plan. That is why I was looking ahead to what is available at Spring Break rather than waiting 'till the last minute to book. I usually book at least six months in advance to assure that I have the type of accomodations that I want. My wife is a teacher so we are limited to the most popular times of the year to travel to WDW so we have to make our plans that far in advance or run the risk of not getting the type of room we want at the resort we want. As a DVC member I'm sure you can relate that if you want Boardwalk during Christmas/New Year's week, you can't wait 'till October to make your request. My biggest complaint has been the non-refundable deposit. While I plan six or more months in advance, I also know that unexpected circumstances come up that might prevent us from being able to go and I don't want to lose a rack rate deposit if it does. I would be glad to use the BPR system if it were available for dates six to 12 months in advance with a fully refundable deposit and didn't have all of the "formalities" and I knew that Disney was truely giving me the "Best Rate" or at least a better rate than is offered through AAA or in newspaper ads or TV commercials. Most hotels will refund a deposit if the cancellation is made at least 48 hours before late check-in on the arrival date.
Tink10 said:
As far as DVC, the rooms aren't always available when we want them. In fact, I've never been able to get a room with a DVC discount, they're never available. I would hate to think about the incredible injustice that many here would feel if they were DVC members. :rolleyes:
It seems to me that since you can't use your DVC room discount you have no sympathy for anyone else who can't get a discount they feel that is a perk they should receive!

Minnie's Mate said:
It seems to me that since you can't use your DVC room discount you have no sympathy for anyone else who can't get a discount they feel that is a perk they should receive!

I'm not upset about the fact that I've have trouble getting the DVC discounts on rooms. They're not guaranteed & I never expect to get one.... it's really not a big deal because I can always book best rate, aaa or rack rates. The swolphin always has some pretty good deals out there too.

I don't have sympathy for those who feel that they "should" receive a discount, because the discounts are not guaranteed.....They're a perk, plain and simple. If someone can get one....great, if not.....oh well, they should get over it & move on. :rolleyes1

Tink10 said:
The swolphin always has some pretty good deals out there too.
You're right, sometimes they do. And right now it looks like they will be getting my room money in April!

Tink10 said:
I don't have sympathy for those who feel that they "should" receive a discount, because the discounts are not guaranteed.....They're a perk, plain and simple. If someone can get one....great, if not.....oh well, they should get over it & move on. :rolleyes1
I am getting over it and moving on...right on down the street to Disney's competition if I can get a better deal! While I'm at it I may just spend my dining money at non-Disney eateries on my non-park days, too, since I'll already be in my car.

Minnie's Mate said:
I am getting over it and moving on...right on down the street to Disney's competition if I can get a better deal! While I'm at it I may just spend my dining money at non-Disney eateries on my non-park days, too, since I'll already be in my car.

I think you raise a good point. As a DVC member I don't really care what the room discounts are (I mean I'm happy for everyone else but it doesn't much affect me). If I weren't a DVC member, I don't think staying on site would be that big of a deal. First of all, I don't use Disney transportation, I rent a car, second I usually avoid the extra hours because the parks end up being busier than normal, so that pretty much nullifies the percs. While I do enjoy eating at Disney restaurants, there are some really nice restaurants off-site. As long as Disney doesn't have a problem renting it's rooms they are not going to be giving any big discounts, why should they? But Orlando is a very competitive and attractive option that Disney cannot under estimate.

I thought this thread was about New Code Watch for Oct/Nov not a debate about the BRP and AP!

After reading Mousesaver this week, I still have my fingers crossed that we will get a discount.

It looks like this new discount will still leave us in the Black Hole. I think it narrows the gap so fewer will be affected, but unfortunately we are still in there. :badpc: We arrive Oct 14. Looks like no deals for anyone coming between Oct4 and Oct23. I'm sorry, but I don't think these dates are any hotter than others, so what is the big deal? GRRRRR

I wasn't counting on anything, but it is kind of a bummer that we seem to be wedged in between free dining and whatever this new discount turns out to be, assuming there is one. Our fall break is the last two weeks in Oct., so we could have gone during the first week of the purported discount, but I wouldn't have felt comfortable waiting this long to make reservations. We chose the first week primarily because we thought WDW would be more crowded toward the end of the month. Oh well, live and learn.

Check out mousesavers for more info on the deal that is to be release thursday.

October/November Room-Only Discount

Ask for Code BJV and get special discounted rates at select Walt
Disney World resorts for check-ins 10/23/05-11/23/05. The code gives
you a flat discount off the rack rates: $10 a night on Value resorts,
$30 a night on Moderate resorts, and $65 on Deluxe and Home-Away-From-
Home resorts. Some sample rates:

Value Resorts - $89 standard
Moderate Resorts - $119 standard
Saratoga Springs Resort - $224 studio
Animal Kingdom Lodge - $255 savannah view
Grand Floridian - $329 garden view
Other resorts, room types and views are available at varying prices!

I have not checked it out, but I think it is available to all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter