***MyMagic+ & FastPass+ Official Information & FAQ Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, so hopefully someone here can help me with this question! I have seen here on the boards that some people could make FP+ choices for illuminations, fireworks, parades, and even BOG for lunch? Non of those options are available when I look at MDE. Should they be or am I missing something? Like maybe you get that option at check in or something?

Disney is testing a lot of options. Not everyone gets to test all options. They won't announce what the "permanent" attractions will be until they are done with all testing. I suspect they may be changing a lot even after full roll out.

Disney is testing a lot of options. Not everyone gets to test all options. They won't announce what the "permanent" attractions will be until they are done with all testing. I suspect they may be changing a lot even after full roll out.
BOG lunch res was on another site and never showed in mdx. as for other stuff I had read it only seemed to be thurs- sun and not everyone has options to choose, and in some cases it appeared later.
here is link to bog lunch site.
https://beourguestlunch.disney.go.com/Login.aspx

On BOG FP+, if the CM I talked to just now is to be believed, there are a lot of people who aren't supposed to be a part of this test who are getting bookings. He told me that only the monorail resorts are eligible and was adamant that people were not getting them without the special e-vite. We know that most have not received an email! I have been trying for days on the site and finally got on today only to find out that the date I want (Oct 11) has no more times available. If you have one or get one, consider yourself lucky!

On BOG FP+, if the CM I talked to just now is to be believed, there are a lot of people who aren't supposed to be a part of this test who are getting bookings. He told me that only the monorail resorts are eligible and was adamant that people were not getting them without the special e-vite. We know that most have not received an email! I have been trying for days on the site and finally got on today only to find out that the date I want (Oct 11) has no more times available. If you have one or get one, consider yourself lucky![/QUOTE

LOL so not true there has been posts that people are even getting them from the front desk
at non monorail resorts.. Just another CM tale IMHO..

I'm sure it was supposed to be a far more limited test, by invitation, but word of the site got out, and they didn't do a good job verify who was invited... :)

I hear ya! We had BOG lunch in January so I won't be bothered if it doesn't work out. Just wanted DH to see it as he was not with us that trip and had hoped, like so many, to reduce time waiting.

I'm sure it was supposed to be a far more limited test, by invitation, but word of the site got out, and they didn't do a good job verify who was invited... :)

Which, honestly, couldn't they have if they really wanted to? Maybe send a reservation number with the email invitation you used that would only work one time, or somehow had some kind of limits? Same with the double dipping. They could have stopped that if that wasn't supposed to happen, by not turning off the part on the cards that required the card to be used for entry? You all know more than I do on all this, but just seems to me Disney is in as much control as they want to be of it all.

My question regarding BOG FP, how do they know if you have one if MB's aren't available. I booked for Nov 18 today and printed off the confirmation but am worried that when we get there no record will be available.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

KNovacovschi said:
My question regarding BOG FP, how do they know if you have one if MB's aren't available. I booked for Nov 18 today and printed off the confirmation but am worried that when we get there no record will be available.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

This is called a FP but that's not really what it is. It has been in use since before MB's were available. Don't let the name confuse you. Go to the BOG fast pass thread and read it from the start. Lots of info there but no MB's needed. It's just Disney testing out a new way to do quick service lunch at BOG. Complete separate system from MDE, they don't have anything to do with one another.

How will other dining reservations be linked to the bands? If at all? I have made most under me, but early on when I wasn't sure where we would be, I made some extra ones under a separate account not linked to my "real" account at all. Now I know we will be using those. It shouldn't matter, should it? I won't have to use my magic band to pull up my reservation or anything, will I? Assuming MB at all for November trip....

Nechville said:
How will other dining reservations be linked to the bands? If at all? I have made most under me, but early on when I wasn't sure where we would be, I made some extra ones under a separate account not linked to my "real" account at all. Now I know we will be using those. It shouldn't matter, should it? I won't have to use my magic band to pull up my reservation or anything, will I? Assuming MB at all for November trip....

No, no link to mb's for dining res. The only thing it can do when it comes to dining is you can use it to pay provided you have a credit card linked to it.

Which, honestly, couldn't they have if they really wanted to? Maybe send a reservation number with the email invitation you used that would only work one time, or somehow had some kind of limits? Same with the double dipping. They could have stopped that if that wasn't supposed to happen, by not turning off the part on the cards that required the card to be used for entry? You all know more than I do on all this, but just seems to me Disney is in as much control as they want to be of it all.

I wouldn't want to bet on it. As IT for a major university I can attest to the difficulty in getting several different systems to coordinate...the older the technology the harder the match. And Disney is MUCH bigger than a university.

Talk about the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing.... Even if it were possible to make them play nice together, linking every old FP machine into the new system so they all know what's going on may not be worth the manpower and money it would take because they are getting rid of the old machines.

When I went to link our UT tickets (4 of us) on MDE, the tix didn't show up later on. I called tech support and she found them on the magic bands. She said tech support will work to fix the tickets and place the tix numbers in the appropriately place where I can then do fast pass +, but that I will not be able to do this until I receive an email from tech support.

She said it could take a week.

This is a little worrying. I guess I don't like the idea of having to choose a fast pass now, today, a month out from our trip. What if I'm there and a ride is broken down, which throws our plan off, and I see splash mountain and want to get a fast pass right then....and I can't. I'm a planner, but this does take it to a new level.

so what do you think Disney will do when a whole lot more guests show up for BOG FP than they expected based on the number of invitations that were sent out? Sure will be a lot of unhappy guests if they don't seat those who made a reservation on line.

I wouldn't be surprised to see that link closed down, especially where people have been calling because they can't get in.

so what do you think Disney will do when a whole lot more guests show up for BOG FP than they expected based on the number of invitations that were sent out? Sure will be a lot of unhappy guests if they don't seat those who made a reservation on line.

I wouldn't be surprised to see that link closed down, especially where people have been calling because they can't get in.

I'm not worried that more show up than they expect as it does seem to close dates that are full. But I agree they could close it down, especially if they didnt like what was happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter