***MyMagic+ & FastPass+ Official Information & FAQ Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
I spoke with MDEx IT about this the other day because I also have 1 day left on my PAP and then need to add another ticket for the remaining 2 days. He said that the only way to be sure that the PAP gets scanned on the first day is to go to the resort front desk and they "should" be able to 'prioritize' the PAP for that day. If they can't, he said that Guest Relations outside of any park entrance definitely can do it. I was told that if I don't have the ticket 'prioritized' (moved to the front so to speak) before I enter the park that the MB might use either ticket first, not in the order I entered them into MDEx (or in the order of expiration). He said this is something they are looking at and that in the future the goal is that we will be able to do this ourselves day by day on line. So glad I asked!!- I would have assumed they would already have this in working order before they let us register multiple tickets.:headache:

So I wonder if we'll have to do that every day with our remaining PAP days (we will have 3). That would be a pain. I can imagine that with the magic bands in the testing phase that the lines at guest services are going to be rather long. Sigh. So much stress this trip. I'm hoping they can prioritize them on the first day and we won't have to do it again.

Crossing my fingers,
S.

So I wonder if we'll have to do that every day with our remaining PAP days (we will have 3). That would be a pain. I can imagine that with the magic bands in the testing phase that the lines at guest services are going to be rather long. Sigh. So much stress this trip. I'm hoping they can prioritize them on the first day and we won't have to do it again.

Crossing my fingers,
S.

No, once it is prioritized it should be used first until it is no longer valid.

Bjakmom, can you provide the contact info for the MDE IT? No one so far seems to be able to,resolve my issue where mine and son's PAPs are reversed in MDE. I am really worried because son won't be on next trip and I don't want a huge hassle.

PS - Can someone please tell me all the color choices for Magic Bands? I know about blue, red, orange & pink. If I could see a picture with the colors that would be even better! Thanks.

From earlier in the thread

I thought in original pic there was a purple? Purple maybe coming.....
However it's not a choice.. :confused3:

Original pic released
Bands-2-500x283.jpg

Later pic, of bands in box - these were Choices I was given
MagicBand.jpg
<<<<<< click here is cant see it..
iPad have problems seeing these

From earlier in the thread

I thought in original pic there was a purple? Purple maybe coming.....
However it's not a choice.. :confused3:

Original pic released
Bands-2-500x283.jpg

Later pic, of bands in box - these were Choices I was given

As I mentioned earlier, these were early concept versions and don't actually look quite like the real things...notice, no yellow, and no grey trim...

Bjakmom, can you provide the contact info for the MDE IT? No one so far seems to be able to,resolve my issue where mine and son's PAPs are reversed in MDE. I am really worried because son won't be on next trip and I don't want a huge hassle.

The # I have been using is (407)939-7765 prompt #2 for IT. Good luck! I have spent over 2 hours on these calls already and still have a ticket issue (not a linking issue but a lost day that doesn't correspond to what GR just gave me 3 weeks ago when they changed my paper ticket over to RFID) - so I now have to go through ticketing and then probably back to GR once I'm there again. I'm pretty over it at this point.:headache:

I hope this hasn't been addressed, because I''ll feel foolish but I have a question about registering your APs.

The Terms and Conditions page isn't terribly clear on what it means to convert to paperless.

By registering our APs on the MDE site are we in effect converting to a paperless ticket? If FP- is still available for a time after FP+ launches I don't want to be locked out of FP- because I thought it would be neat to try and test magic bands.

I'm guessing the answer here is "We don't know yet" but I have to ask...

I hope this hasn't been addressed, because I''ll feel foolish but I have a question about registering your APs.

The Terms and Conditions page isn't terribly clear on what it means to convert to paperless.

By registering our APs on the MDE site are we in effect converting to a paperless ticket? If FP- is still available for a time after FP+ launches I don't want to be locked out of FP- because I thought it would be neat to try and test magic bands.

I'm guessing the answer here is "We don't know yet" but I have to ask...

The Terms and Conditions predate implementation and testing, so there are things that don't quite match up yet.

By registering your APs, currently what you are doing is associating it with your MDX profile, which enables their use with MagicBands. The APs themselves are still usable, and in fact you need to hold on to them to show for discounts as they have not encoded discounts into the system (and I wonder if they ever will...)

"Paperless" is a bit of a misnomer. There won't be any more "paper" tickets anyways - they will all be RFID cards or "virtual" in your profile for your MagicBands/KTTW cards.

As I mentioned earlier, these were early concept versions and don't actually look quite like the real things...notice, no yellow, and no grey trim...

I like the original concept versions better!! I like the shade of each color, love purple, and they're less 'clunky' without the grey trim (which I know was probably added so there would be the adjustability for kids.)

Forgive me if this has been asked...

My package tickets are showing up on the web version of DME, but not anywhere I can find on the app...am I missing them or is it indicative of some sort of issue?

Also--our childcare reservation shows up NO WHERE. Is that normal or another issue to deal with?

I would just like to head off any problems before we even get on property...

I like the original concept versions better!! I like the shade of each color, love purple, and they're less 'clunky' without the grey trim (which I know was probably added so there would be the adjustability for kids.)

All of the bands come with the grey trim. That is the adjustable/extended part. For smaller wrist, you peel the grey part off to make it smaller and less clunky. I received ours this week and liked that the our name is on the inside. I'm guessing for security reasons (kids). I will be peeling the grey off of mine because I have a little wrist. As mentioned, there was no purple to choose from, just pink, yellow, blue, orange, red, green and grey. I was glad to see they are much smaller than I anticipated.

For all we know, the concept image was computer generated and had no bearing on the colors that could actually be produced. :)

They also didn't have any holes to attach.

Forgive me if this has been asked...

My package tickets are showing up on the web version of DME, but not anywhere I can find on the app...am I missing them or is it indicative of some sort of issue?

Also--our childcare reservation shows up NO WHERE. Is that normal or another issue to deal with?

I would just like to head off any problems before we even get on property...

Forget the app for making sure things are correct. The app has numerous problems. If you see things correctly on the web page, you're all set.

I don't believe childcare reservations show up in the MDX system at all. If you've got a reservation number, you're all set.

I am having a hard time adding my DD and GD to the fast passes. I was able to order their magic bands but I can not get fast passes for them.
They are starying with us and they both have annual passes and they both have a Disney account

Is there a number I can call for technical help?

We are staying at Poly on Oct. 29/30. I'm able to order the MB's and link resort and dining, but not the FP+. We have 2 paper vouchers for the Armed Forces Salute tickets that expire 2014.

Will we have to wait to activate our tickets before we can use the FP+ feature? I don't have a smart phone and was hoping to do it all before we left for WDW.

Also....will the food kiosks for F&W have the MB system in place for charges to our CC on file at the resort? :confused3

We are staying at Poly on Oct. 29/30. I'm able to order the MB's and link resort and dining, but not the FP+. We have 2 paper vouchers for the Armed Forces Salute tickets that expire 2014.

Will we have to wait to activate our tickets before we can use the FP+ feature? I don't have a smart phone and was hoping to do it all before we left for WDW.

As I believe has been reported, the Armed Forces tickets cannot be linked until activated at the park.

Also....will the food kiosks for F&W have the MB system in place for charges to our CC on file at the resort? :confused3

I'm going to bet that they will to make it easier for you to spend more money...

I am having a hard time adding my DD and GD to the fast passes. I was able to order their magic bands but I can not get fast passes for them.
They are starying with us and they both have annual passes and they both have a Disney account

Is there a number I can call for technical help?

Their annual passes have to be linked to MDE either on your account, or you have to share the account they are linked to. And if their passes expire before your arrival date, you will need to renew them now.

Since all resorts are scheduled to go live before December I am now starting to really think about this. What a nice Christmas gift:thumbsup2

We are traveling in a party of 8. We have our room @ CBR with 4 people and my mom's room with 4 people. I booked both reservations, I paid the deposit, and they do appear to be linked as both reservations are on the MDE site when I log in. I can see all 8 guest are under friends/family, all 8 are assigned tickets, and all dining reservations are there. My mom will in no way be able to do any of this so my question is....

When the time comes will I be able to customize bands and make fast pass selections for all 8 of us or just the 4 on my ressie?

We are here now. We have APs. Got Magic Bands for our 4 night Yacht Club room only stay. We then had 3 nights at GF, which has not started Magic Bands yet. Both resort reservations showed up on My Disney Experience. I was able to make FP+ for all of our days, even the ones we are at GF. We are using our room card for charging; but still using MBs for park entry & FP.

I made FP+ for MK 3 days, Epcot 3 days & HS 2 days over the 2 different stays.

Do you have APs? we are here now too not supposed to start bands until we switch to AOA, but its working for everything but FP+ at the non testing resort.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter