***MyMagic+ & FastPass+ Official Information & FAQ Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am so frustrated! I have a two night res at AoA for Oct 16-17. Then we are moving to CSR with 2 rooms Oct 18-27. We have received 2 sets of MB's. Here's my problem. We set up FP+ for all 8 of the days we will be visiting to parks but only 2 of the 6 in our party were on the FP+'s on our MDE. I called and spoke with Internet Support to make sure all 6 of us were on the FP+ and was told that it was a "glich" that allowed me to schedule FP+ on all my days! She said FP+ only allows for 3 FP+ at each park you visit but only for one visit. It shouldn't have allowed me to book FP+ for my additional days at MK, EP and HS. So now she is going to add all my party to only 4 of the days we will visit; one for each park. I'm guessing she is going to take away all my other FP+ res. I was on hold for 45 min and had no more time to wait so she is supposed to email me my results. I asked her if I hadn't called would I still have all my FP+ days and she said no I wouldn't. They would have told me at check in that it was an error. I don't believe that. Everything I have read on here says you can have FP+ for every day you have tickets for. They obviously changed there minds somewhere along the way and are now back peddling. I do know that I can still take advantage of the FP in the park but it's the principle of the matter that is upsetting. Has anyone else had this problem?

We are here now. We have APs. Got Magic Bands for our 4 night Yacht Club room only stay. We then had 3 nights at GF, which has not started Magic Bands yet. Both resort reservations showed up on My Disney Experience. I was able to make FP+ for all of our days, even the ones we are at GF. We are using our room card for charging; but still using MBs for park entry & FP.

I made FP+ for MK 3 days, Epcot 3 days & HS 2 days over the 2 different stays.

The bands work fine with a dead battery, just like a KTTW card. The only function of the bands that requires a battery is the long range function which isn't a necessity (it's only for detecting you at a rage of 10-15 feet for things like Disney being able to find you at your table at BOG restaurant or a character knowing your name as you pass near them, for example).

Theoretically, the bands can last indefinitely with just the RFID close-range function (tap-to-read), as that element needs no battery.

good point. They probably even could set it up so when you badge in at the front gate (or anyplace you tap/swipe really) it checks the long range side and lets you know you are good for park admission/room key/charge/fp/etc but other 'magical features' will be impaired.

yes - there are posts here that apparently in some cases your plus options get 'refilled'. Probably just an unintended consequence of something else in the system. But if there's a chance, I'm gathering up all our leftover non RFID's to convert on our next trip at guest relations.

see this thread:
http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=49400495&postcount=30

Almost certainly an unintended consequence...but sometimes the ticketing computers do weird things, and rather than fix them the CMs give you "pixie dust" - like getting extra days on your AP when you upgraded a used ticket, etc.

Of course, you have to also watch for the "anti-pixie dust" (Malificent-dust?) moments as well :)

Unfortunately I have had nothing but problems with the MDE app. I booked dining on there that hasn't shown (but shows on wdw.com/reservations); my tickets show up but resort doesn't (booked through DVC). Every time in try to link resort or dining it tells me it's already linked and cannot do it again :/... Last night I linked my wife to me and it shows completely different (but valid) dining reservations that I booked on hers that don't show on mine. I have called numerous times to get it resolved with no luck. The saving grace is that on wdw.com/reservations everything shows...to me so far the app is a bust!

those are symptoms of you having 2 different logins. DVC used to require a different login than the main site. Sp it's possible that is your situation. If my guess is correct- the DVC reservation is linked to the other (dvc) login (and sounds like the dining showed up there too).

If you call in they can combine your accounts. If you can figure out the other login in advance that should speed thigns up but apparently they can search far and wide on their end and find all your accounts.

I can see two of our three tickets on the web. My mom's ticket disappeared when I invited her to MDE! On the App I see our hotel and dinning reservations but no tickets. I was holding off calling Disney since it is a long distance call. Not sure if I should bother if it is a known problem and they do nothing?

it's possible that your mom didn't add you as 'family that frequently travels with you'- sometimes if that isn't checked your friends can't see your tickets.

Currently, yes. You may or may not get them automatically at check in, but if you would like to have them, just ask the CM at check in.

So, if we use our magic bands and ask for KTTW cards we can still get the cards and use both? I know I'm probably asking a stupid question but my concern is we have Run Disney group tickets and can't link them until the day we check in as I have been told by IT do I'm worried all the good Fastpass+ times will be gone. Not to mention, I like being at rope drop and for example going straight to Soarin' riding it then getting a Fast Pass and jumping to another ride and doing the same. With that I usually end up being able to get 5-6 Fast Passes a day.

I have a reservation for November, staying on property. The reservation was booked through Disney World directly, as a package with room, tickets, and free dining.

On MDE online, in the "my reservations" section, I can see tickets for each member of my party (13 of us, in three reservations).

In the MDE app, I see no tickets at all, for any of the 13 of us. It doesn't matter which account of the three we are logged in to, the tickets are not visible at all on the app.

Does anyone else who booked tickets as part of a package see the same thing as me?

I talked to tech support today, and the CM was super unhelpful. He said it was a known issue, and offered zero solutions, though he did confirm that I would NOT be able to use the app for FP+ (assuming it opens up for November stays) if our tickets don't show. I have never seen anything on here (and I've been stalking all of he relevant threads for weeks) leading me to believe that tickets as part of a package would be a problem. UT tickets, old tickets, vouchers, will call, etc., yes. Tickets purchased directly from WDWTC as part of a package, no.

I can tell you that the CM is wrong about not being able to do FP+ from the app. I booked through Disney, package with air, room, tickets etc. MDE website showed my tickets just fine but MDE app never showed them. Disney IT, super nice and helped me with another problem on the phone so I had asked about them not showing on the app. She said it was a known problem ;) but as long as they show on the website correctly and in their system correctly...it will not be a problem. That's where it is all stored. They are there and functions just fine, app is just having problem "showing" them. Mine stayed this way. I was able to get my Magic Bands, make and change FP+ using the app etc. I go in October, but do not anticipate any problems from that. No worries :)

I can tell you that the CM is wrong about not being able to do FP+ from the app. I booked through Disney, package with air, room, tickets etc. MDE website showed my tickets just fine but MDE app never showed them. Disney IT, super nice and helped me with another problem on the phone so I had asked about them not showing on the app. She said it was a known problem ;) but as long as they show on the website correctly and in their system correctly...it will not be a problem. That's where it is all stored. They are there and functions just fine, app is just having problem "showing" them. Mine stayed this way. I was able to get my Magic Bands, make and change FP+ using the app etc. I go in October, but do not anticipate any problems from that. No worries :)

My 5 day tickets part of my myw package show up on the MDE but not on my phone app. We gave nov 8-17

The discrepancies between the app and the program on-line are super-frustrating. They should be seamless to the user and identical in what you see and what can be done.

Same thing here for nov ressie's. mym tickets show up in main pc but not on my phone app

As far as I can tell, they've given up on the information display issues in the app while working out all the issues via the web site, and will correct things in the app when more stable.

There hasn't been an update to the app in a bit, and the number of info display issues appears to be large...

I have asked this before but I dont think I ever got an answer and if someone did please forgive me because I didnt see it.

We have 5 day WP park hopper fun and more tickets. If we upgrade to 7 days will we lose all of our FP+ selections? We bought tickets thru Travelocity so we will not be able to upgrade until we get there.

I have asked this before but I dont think I ever got an answer and if someone did please forgive me because I didnt see it.

We have 5 day WP park hopper fun and more tickets. If we upgrade to 7 days will we lose all of our FP+ selections? We bought tickets thru Travelocity so we will not be able to upgrade until we get there.

You shouldn't lose anything. No guarantees, however.

Make sure you've used the ticket first before upgrading, so you get proper value for the ticket. That should also reduce the risk.

I apologize if this has been asked before but this thread is quite a beast and I couldn't wade through the whole thing although I truly have tried.

We have PAPs that expire midway through our trip and then 5-day UCT magic-your-way base paper tickets for the balance of our vacation in October. I have managed to link both to MDX without issue. We have magic bands personalized and they will be waiting for us at the resort and yes we have been asked to participate in the testing.

My question is, how does the turnstile entry know to use our PAP first and not the 5-day ticket?

Should I not have linked the 5 day tickets until our PAPs expired? If I did that, I couldn't book enough fastpass+ days for our whole trip.

Any advice or knowledge on this?

Thanks in advance,
Suzanne in Canada

I apologize if this has been asked before but this thread is quite a beast and I couldn't wade through the whole thing although I truly have tried.

We have PAPs that expire midway through our trip and then 5-day UCT magic-your-way base paper tickets for the balance of our vacation in October. I have managed to link both to MDX without issue.

My question is, how does the turnstile entry know to use our PAP first and not the 5-day ticket?

Should I not have linked the 5 day tickets until our PAPs expired? If I did that, I couldn't book enough fastpass+ days for our whole trip.

Thanks in advance,
Suzanne in Canada

There is supposed to be a way to prioritize them, but it's not obvious if we are supposed to be able to do it on the web site. When you check in at the resort, make sure they take care of it.

Thank you - I couldn't figure out how this was going to work. I will ask at check in and hope I get a knowledgeable cast member. Unfortunately, we're checking in to a resort that will only be starting testing 5 days before we arrive.

Thanks so much for your response! Nice to hear it straight from someone who is currently able to use the app despite the error. Hoping all of us November folks can say the same soon!

We have PAPs that expire midway through our trip and then 5-day UCT magic-your-way base paper tickets for the balance of our vacation in October. I have managed to link both to MDX without issue. We have magic bands personalized and they will be waiting for us at the resort and yes we have been asked to participate in the testing.

Thanks in advance,
Suzanne in Canada

I spoke with MDEx IT about this the other day because I also have 1 day left on my PAP and then need to add another ticket for the remaining 2 days. He said that the only way to be sure that the PAP gets scanned on the first day is to go to the resort front desk and they "should" be able to 'prioritize' the PAP for that day. If they can't, he said that Guest Relations outside of any park entrance definitely can do it. I was told that if I don't have the ticket 'prioritized' (moved to the front so to speak) before I enter the park that the MB might use either ticket first, not in the order I entered them into MDEx (or in the order of expiration). He said this is something they are looking at and that in the future the goal is that we will be able to do this ourselves day by day on line. So glad I asked!!- I would have assumed they would already have this in working order before they let us register multiple tickets.:headache:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter