My first trip to WDW and DH's first time being arrested (Dec 2009)

Hear, hear! She clearly stated in post #1322 that she removed her pictures for personal reasons, which she is clearly in the right to do. Not everyone is comfortable putting identifying information (like pictures) online and they shouldn't feel pressured to do so. Last time I checked, pictures are not a requirement for trip reports. Everyone needs to get over it.

ah, well, I missed that post. I don't always get a chance to read the mass replies, so thanks for pointing that one out.

Yesterday I was skimming through trip reports before I started cleaning house, and I stumbled upon yours.....needless to say the house did not get cleaned yesterday and I stayed up most of the night to finish reading it. But now the suspense is killing me I can't wait to read the ending and hopefully get to catch a picture before it is deleted again!! You ARE a awesome writer and I am loving this trip report, it has gotten me more excited for my surprise Christmas present to my son (a Disney trip in March). I can't wait til Christmas morning....and for a update :)popcorn::

ah, well, I missed that post. I don't always get a chance to read the mass replies, so thanks for pointing that one out.

Surprised to see you over here posting.....trying to find another way to "bust," Riglee? :laughing: What's done on the community boards doesn't stay there, this isn't Vegas. :upsidedow

Surprised to see you over here posting.....trying to find another way to "bust," Riglee? :laughing: What's done on the community boards doesn't stay there, this isn't Vegas. :upsidedow

LOL I have been reading and am enjoying this report regardless of anything I've said on the CB ;)

And incidentally, what happens in Vegas doesn't really stay in Vegas. I went there a few months ago and my BIL posted pics on FB....:rolleyes1 :laughing:

LOL I have been reading and am enjoying this report regardless of anything I've said on the CB ;)

And incidentally, what happens in Vegas doesn't really stay in Vegas. I went there a few months ago and my BIL posted pics on FB....:rolleyes1 :laughing:

Please don't start all this again. Let the girl finish her report!!!! If you are here, then you must be enjoying Leela's report and let's just leave it at that.

Please don't start all this again. Let the girl finish her report!!!! If you are here, then you must be enjoying Leela's report and let's just leave it at that.

I'm not starting anything, simply replying to the other poster. Like I said I AM enjoying it. Going back into lurkdom now...

Hey ya'll I will get an update out there tomorrow, thanks for hanging in there and being so patient. I really thought I would have this thing done by now but the holidays always seem to come to fast and bring so many extra must do's in life.

How crazy. I had such an odd feeling you'd be back tonight! :rotfl: The holidays do make things a little busier, right? We're all just a little disney addicted on here and can't wait for your next update!

I left off with us being seated in the lion section. the theater was different than I imagined, it was a circle. Rig said that it meant it was going to be a busy show, lot's of things going on at once and everybody would have a good seat.

The people hosting the show greeted us and gave us their names and meanings, I can't remember their names, maybe if it were something simple like Suzy or Jack, but they weren't. The one lady said her name meant desire or something close to that.

so they begin by each taking a section and teaching us how to either grunt like a boar, roar like a lion, yell like an elephant or bah like a giraffe, which by the way I didn't know giraffes made any noises, I heard they didn't have voacal cords, I guess I heard wrong, or maybe they don't have vocal cords and have found a way to talk to anyway. I told this to Rig and he said that giraffes were like like woman then, always finding a way to talk.

Kids were brought up to lead us in our animal war cries. We sounded like a pretty bad choir.:lmao: By the way the elephants won. I guess they were the loudest.

When the music started I got chills I called Ally and held the phone infront of me hoping she could hear.
I was 4 years old when I went to see the Lion King cartoon, being so young it was a fun movie and at times a bit scary, but I didn't see it again until I was a teenager and I appreciated it so much more then, the music was amazing and gave me chills, so now again here I was with chills over the music, and seeing the people sing it only made it better, I inhaled deeply and tried to hold back the tears, it was just so beautiful, then the floats came out, the giraffe, the boar, the elephant and then the lion, when the lion came out Rig was in Awe, "I aint gonna lie Babylee, this has me feelin emotional."

I had forgotten about Ally on the phone, I asked if she could hear and she said it was just loud and she couldn't make it out, so I said goodbye to her and went back to the show.

The tumble monkeys were so much fun to watch, I loved the dancing bird people, they looked to me like they were in love, who wouldn't be feeling the love, Can you feel the love tonight? that song can make the meanest spirit soften for a bit. Rig put his arm around me and hummed along with the music.The best part was when the male dancer hooked his partner onto the harness and she sailed and danced through the air. She was beautiful and graceful, I laughed at the image I had of myself trying to do something like that, my arms and legs would be flailing every where, my face would have sheer terror written on it and my screams would be heard in space.

I was amazed at the fire dancer/breather/walker I don't know if the fire was supposed to be on the stage, but if not he hid it well, he walked all over that fire. then he laid down and held the firey baton with his feet. Can I get an ouch out there? I can't even walk on the pavement barefoot in the summer, and this guy is holding fire on his feet.

Then we were all invited to sing with them, yes finally audience participation. I can't sing well but I love to sing anyway. We were broken up into sections some of us taking the eeeeeeeeeee, (if you have seen the lion king at Animal Kingdom you will know what I am talking about) the other half did the a whim away part (don't know the proper spelling but you get the gist) we were the eeeeeeeee's but Rig was singing the a whim aways, I told him he was singing the wrong part.

"I don't want to sing that part, I can't get my voice that high."

"I've heard you sing that high."

"No, you've heard me scream that high when you bit me, but I don't sing that high, ever."

I just let Rig sing whatever he wanted after that. The song was stuck in my head the rest of the day though. My junior high choir sang that song, I always loved it, still do. I will forget about it for months and then one day something will remind me of it and I will start singing, In the jungle the mighty jungle the lion sleeps tonight, Oh man I love that song. :yay:

The guys on stilts, how do they walk and dance and not fall, I can barely walk in heels. This was undoubtedly the most talented bunch of Disney performers I had seen yet. The finale was overwhelming, so much going on at one time, I didn't have enough eyes to take it all in, I did the best I could though.

When the show was over I left feeling like I had been to Africa and celebrated life with them.

We got a funnel cake and sat down on the bench. Rig said he liked this better then Finding Nemo, I however was torn between the two, I couldn't pick a favorite. I liked that finding Nemo was a story playing out, they tried to replicate the movie and did a good job, the songs, were boring though and all sounded the same.
The lion King wasn't really in story form, it was more like a party, hence "Festival" of the lion king, it had the best music and kept you moving the whole time. So I would say I loved them both the same but for different reasons.

The funnel cake was good, I have made funnel cake a few times at home, theirs was a little lighter and fluffier, I was able to eat more of it, the ducks kept pecking at my feet for some, but I didn't share, who knows what all that sugar would do to a duck?

By the time we finished eating I had little white powdered sugar dots all over my jeans, It took alot of wiping to get rid of it all then Rig smacked my bottom and left me with a powdered sugar hand print. Nice! :eek: The thing is he had to purposfully cover his hand in sugar in orderer to do that.

We left Camp Minnie mickey and just wandered around, we went into some shops. Rig was bored with shopping and couldn't fathom why I even wanted to look around after I "broke" the debit card the night before. But I was sure there was something else I needed to buy, I just didn't know what so I had to keep looking. It was Rig who found my next purchase for me, a yellow scarf with little mickey heads on it. "this will match your hoodie he told me." I loved it from the minute I saw it, then I saw they had other colors too, I couldn't decided between the pink and the yellow, so Rig told me to get both of them....and I did.:love:

Rig paid for the scarves and put the bag in his pocket I was all kinds of in love when we left that store, in love with the scarves and in love with Rig for letting me get both of them. If you're going to be frivolous, be frivolous at Disney world, that's what Rig said as he gave me a kiss.

Woah!!!!I just read this whole thing in 4 hours ....popcorn:: I love it

And please, please, put up new pics I can't see the earlier ones.

(Side note I nearly always swim in jeans. Always have didn't know it was considered that unusual:confused3
Thank you for reading, I am glad you like it. I am sorry but I won't be reposting the old pictures or posting any new ones either.

I stumbled across your trip report and couldn't stop reading! I agree with past posters, you have a talent for writing that you really should follow up on! I would have loved to see the pictures!

I hope you and Rig are able to get back to Disney before too long and wish you all the best in your life together - you sound like amazing young people and I'm glad to have gotten to know you (just a bit) from your posts!
Thank you so much for reading and for the compliments, I appreciate both so much.

Look, she removed the pictures for privacy reasons. Apparently she had a need to do so. I don't think it's appropriate for readers on this board to continually question her why. She's an enormously talented and entertaining writer. Isn't that enough?

-Bob
Thank you for having my back here.:hug: and thanks for the compliment too.

Hear, hear! She clearly stated in post #1322 that she removed her pictures for personal reasons, which she is clearly in the right to do. Not everyone is comfortable putting identifying information (like pictures) online and they shouldn't feel pressured to do so. Last time I checked, pictures are not a requirement for trip reports. Everyone needs to get over it.
Thank you for the support Daisy Duke.

Yesterday I was skimming through trip reports before I started cleaning house, and I stumbled upon yours.....needless to say the house did not get cleaned yesterday and I stayed up most of the night to finish reading it. But now the suspense is killing me I can't wait to read the ending and hopefully get to catch a picture before it is deleted again!! You ARE a awesome writer and I am loving this trip report, it has gotten me more excited for my surprise Christmas present to my son (a Disney trip in March). I can't wait til Christmas morning....and for a update :)popcorn::
Thanks for reading, sorry your house didn't get cleaned though.

A surprise trip to Disney for your son sounds like fun, I would love to get another surprise trip like that. have fun.

Hey Riglee! I just came across this thread (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2603191) and thought you might enjoy the first post. :-D
Holy cow, I went and read it, that is too funny. I continued reading and found myself in alot of those posts, not as bad as some of them but it's still early in the Disney game for me, give me time and I will be all of those.:lmao:
What's done on the community boards doesn't stay there, this isn't Vegas. :upsidedow

True that!

Love it!! :goodvibes

Hope things are well with you Leela, I'm so proud of you hitting EE. It was an okay ride for me. I can at least say I did it and didn't get hurt. :laughing:
Thanks, things are great with me.;) and I'm happy I came away not getting hurt too. Really compared to Rockin roller coaster this one wasn't too bad, I let my fear talk me into being something worse than what it really was.

Please don't start all this again. Let the girl finish her report!!!! If you are here, then you must be enjoying Leela's report and let's just leave it at that.[/QUOTE

no worries.;) Thank you for your support.

How crazy. I had such an odd feeling you'd be back tonight! :rotfl: The holidays do make things a little busier, right? We're all just a little disney addicted on here and can't wait for your next update!
Did ya now? hmmm.

Yup christmas time is the busy time, I need to start earlier next year.

Thank you for having my back here.:hug: and thanks for the compliment too.

You're very welcome, Leela.

Yours is the very first trip report I've ever read. Heard about it from another (non-Disney) board, and been loving every minute of it. You truly are gifted. Of course, from your report, I learned about Nebo, and have spent a whole lot of time there, too.

I'm so glad you liked Lion King. That was one of our favorites, too. DW & I took our granddaughter there a couple of years ago when she was 5. I got lots of precious shots of her dancing with the African characters. That is truly a well-done show.

Congrats on surviving EE too. It took a lot of guts to face your fears like that.

-Bob

Did ya now? hmmm.

Yup! Are you planning to return to WDW anytime soon? You must be going crazy right about now, considering how disney addicted you seem to be, too! It's been a year now, right?

Her name is Zawadi and it means "the gift" but you were sorta close. That part of the show is hilarious. She leads the warthog section. Pretty awesome that she pulled Rig to pick on, if you guys were in the lion section! I'm almost certain that's how she usually picks the person who leads in the warthog grunting. (Wow, that sounds gross. :lmao:)

"It's my lucky day" is what she would've said "Rig" meant. :goodvibes

You're very welcome, Leela.

Yours is the very first trip report I've ever read. Heard about it from another (non-Disney) board, and been loving every minute of it. You truly are gifted. Of course, from your report, I learned about Nebo, and have spent a whole lot of time there, too.

I'm so glad you liked Lion King. That was one of our favorites, too. DW & I took our granddaughter there a couple of years ago when she was 5. I got lots of precious shots of her dancing with the African characters. That is truly a well-done show.

Congrats on surviving EE too. It took a lot of guts to face your fears like that.

-Bob
Nebo's trip reports are alot of fun. I like him and Smidgy alot.

Lion King IS tons of fun. That's a show you can't fall asleep in. The music is my favorite.

soon.:cutie:

Yup! Are you planning to return to WDW anytime soon? You must be going crazy right about now, considering how disney addicted you seem to be, too! It's been a year now, right?
I don't plan on going back anytime soon....
but yeah, I guess I do seem to be disney addicted;)

Her name is Zawadi and it means "the gift" but you were sorta close. That part of the show is hilarious. She leads the warthog section. Pretty awesome that she pulled Rig to pick on, if you guys were in the lion section! I'm almost certain that's how she usually picks the person who leads in the warthog grunting. (Wow, that sounds gross. :lmao:)

"It's my lucky day" is what she would've said "Rig" meant. :goodvibes

Okay thanks. Yup. pretty awesome she picked on Rig, considering where we were seated.:upsidedow

She picked my Travis too.. Its funny she said Travis's name meant the same thing!! LOL... Then she made him snort liek a wart hog!!

Hi Lee!

We're at WDW right now and just coming back from AK. Just had to post to say I couldn't help but think of you and start laughing out loud while eating my key lim pie from Flame Tree BBQ at lunch! Wish I could send you one!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter