My first trip to WDW and DH's first time being arrested (Dec 2009)

RigLee

Mouseketeer
Yes, you have read that correctly, my DH got arrested while at Disney.

If you ask him what his favorite ride at Disney is, he will tell you Space Mountain, ask him his least favorite ride, and he'll tell you it was the ride to the pokey in the back of a squad car.

That story is for the middle of this report, I need to start at the beginning.

Disclaimer: (8/21/2010)There is a lot of question as to whether or not this trip report is true, I am not asking that anybody believe it. I am NOt a writer trying to launch a book here, I am just sombody who wanted to write a trip report. If you feel that embellishing a little and added dramatic flare do not belong in a trip report then you might not want to read this one. All I ask is that you enjoy reading it as much as I have been enjoying writing it.

Introductions is always a great place to start.

My name is Leela, I go by Lee. I currently work at a mom and pop diner somewhere in the Big Sky area. College or some kind of schooling has been floating around in my head, I just don't know what I want to do yet, I'm young and there is plenty of time.

My husband Rig, the love of my life is a cowboy. yup! a cowboy.

We live in the guest house out back of the big boss mans place, he owns a horse and cattle ranch and Rig runs it for him.

Did I ever think I would marry a cowboy? I didn't even know cowboys were real until 2006.

The story of us. (I'm starting at the way beginning)

I was about to turn 16, I was maybe 2 weeks shy of that day. My older sister and her friends had let me tag along on a camping trip up to Cloudcroft New Mexico, I had never done any camping before, so this nice trailer with electricity and running water and comfy beds didn't seem like real camping, that's not how they did it on T.V anyway. It was more like a trailer park in the woods.
There was a cute little lake, a lot of people fishing it, alot of little kids running around. Alot of bugs. I wasn't having fun.

We had walked to the lake, it wasn't a long walk, just on the other side of the trees. We had brought along a picnic basket, I laid out the blanket and we were setting out our food when I felt a stinging on my legs. I looked down and my legs were covered in red ants. I started hoping up and down and shaking my leg, they would not come off of me so I took off running for the lake, shoved past a guy fishing off the dock and jumped in.

I was screaming and flailing all about, I didn't notice the guy on the dock jumping in the water until he was right there grabbing me, telling me to stay calm before I drowned us both. He drags me to shore, me kicking and screaming the whole way. And I yell "They're still biting me." and this guy asks? "What the fish?"
"No, the ants." I am swatting at my legs, when I look down there is maybe an ant or two left and the guy just brushes them off and starts laughing. I aint gonna lie, he had a sexy laugh, he had a sexy everything.:rolleyes:

He laughed "I thought you were drowning." He then went back in the water to retrieve his cowboy hat.

So by now my legs have big red welts all over them and the guy said he had some benadryl at his camp. My sister who had come over by then and was yelling about how stupid I was and how she knew it was a mistake to let me come along told me not to go with the guy he was probably a perv. I ignored my sister and followed the guy.

He was real camping, he had a tent and a sleeping bag, which he called a bed roll.

He opened up the tent and told me to sit on the bed roll while he searched for the Benadryl. I chose to sit at the picnic table instead.

He gave me the pill and suggested if I hadn't eaten yet to maybe eat. I as a matter of fact had not eaten, my chicken salad was still on the blanket by the lake, possibley covered in red ants by now.

So the guy made me a bologna sandwich, and gave me an orange sodapop.

He sat down across from me and I got a real good look at him, he was cute.

I'm a flirt by nature, Rig hates that about me. I said, "What's your name cowboy?"

He gave me the most perfect smile and answered "Rig."

"Rig?, what kind of name is Rig?"

"My parents are truckers, they love their profession."

I laugh, "Why didn't they just name you Truck?"

"Cause that's my brothers name."

He took off his cowboy boots and dumped all the water from them. I liked him, my heart was skipping beats it couldn't keep up with what I was feeling for this guy

I hung out with Rig for the whole week, one day we even drove to White Sands New Mexico. We were laying on a dune just making conversation, trying to get to know eachother better. I asked him if he could go anywhere in the world right now where would it be and he said Disney World. That's when I fell in love with Rig.

Rig was moving to El Paso from Alamogordo NM to work as a ranch hand. I was thrilled that he would only be about a 40 minute drive from me.

Rig had just turned 19, his folks had kicked him out when he said he didn't want to go into trucking like the rest of his family. He tried it, but didn't like it.

Now getting to the Disney part of this.

I had always wanted to go to Disney, Land or World, I didn't care, I loved Disney and just wanted to go. My Dad, who I wasn't allowed to call Dad but had to call him "Sir" had said to my sister right before her sweet 16 that she could have whatever she wanted, we didn't have big parties for our birthdays, we got big presents. My sister asked for a car and Sir got it for her.
So now it's my sweet 16, Sir asked me what I wanted, I told him a trip to Disney world, he laughed at me and said I would be getting a car, Disney wasn't practical.

Rig gave me a couple of Disney DVD's. and a stuffed Bambi. Rig was not allowed to exist in my families world. I already knew that Sir would hate him, he wasn't cut from the same cloth as us.

Rig and I secretly dated through my junior and senior year. My senior year of highschool our key club was going to Disney world, I talked to my parents, told them I had the money saved in my account, they wouldn't have to pay for any of it, and they agreed. But when I told them I needed my birth certificate in order to go, they all of a sudden wouldn't let me go, they said it was because they didn't know where my birth certificate was. they had it when I went for my driving test, it had to be somewhere in the house. Then they just said I couldn't go after all, it wasn't safe.

Well I had gotten it into my head that I was going to go to Disney World anyway. My parents had already signed the permission slip, so one night when they were out I snooped and found it. I also found out that Sir was not listed on my birth certificate as my father.

I called Rig crying my heart out, he told me to meet him on Trans mountain in an hour.

All I needed was to see Rig and all my problems went away, he wasn't acting the same that night though, and finally said that he hated to tell me this at such a bad moment, but he put it off for too long and had run out of time.

He was offered a forman postion on a ranch up north, way up north, and he had taken it.

I punched him, then I cried then I punched him again. He then asked me to marry him.

I said yes and that night we hatched a plan over panckakes at IHOP.

He would go up north and start his job, find us a place to stay and then once I graduated I would join him.

so 1 month after graduation and 1 day after my 18th birthday I left home and haven't looked back since.

Wow this got a little long didn't it? Rig always tells me that I talke too much, when there would be a sandstorm he would tell me it's the wind from all my talking.

I have a few things to do and then I will be back to tell the story of how the Disney trip came to be.

I lived in El Paso camped in CloudCroft, made a few trips to White Sands and had many "Parking" dates on Trans mountain.

I can't wait to read the rest of your story. But arrested at Disney? Really? that's so scary.

Last edited:
Quite a title, and story. I'm in! BTW, DH and I have been together since I was 15 too, We got engaged when i was 16 and married at 17, that was 17 wonderful, amazing years ago. I wish you all the love and happiness. It isn't always easy being married so young, but if you chose to grow together and not apart, it can be the most awesome experience.
Can't wait for more!!!

Yay! I have readers.

That is a cute story of how you met. And the thing is I can see it all in my minds eye because I lived in El Paso camped in CloudCroft, made a few trips to White Sands and had many "Parking" dates on Trans mountain.

I can't wait to read the rest of your story. But arrested at Disney? Really? that's so scary.
That is neat that we have so many places in common. and we can add Disney world to the mix now.:cutie:

Really, rig did get arrested, but not in any actual park, I think I would have read in someone else trip report about a man getting arrested, I would be too embarrassed to say anything then. I tell Rig all the time you best thank your lucky stars you didn't meet the law while in the parks. But don't think he is beligerant jerk either, I would love to explain now what happened but I can't. suspense will keep you reading.:lmao:

Quite a title, and story. I'm in! BTW, DH and I have been together since I was 15 too, We got engaged when i was 16 and married at 17, that was 17 wonderful, amazing years ago. I wish you all the love and happiness. It isn't always easy being married so young, but if you chose to grow together and not apart, it can be the most awesome experience.
Can't wait for more!!!
I knew I might draw in a few readers with this title.

Rig and I married in september 2008, I was 18, Rig was 21. So far we are loving life. Keep it simple is what Rig says, all you need is love.

Thank you for your encouraging words, I will share them with Rig. Congratulations to you and your husband, 17 years and still in love, that is amazing, especially for people who married so young. Rig and I were warned that highschool sweethearts don't always last. Rig told them, we weren't highschool sweethearts, we were young lovers and young lovers have nothing better to do then become old lovers together.

DH was my HS sweetheart, but I wasn't his. He was 22 when we married. He had long since graduated and was in the Army for 4 years already. You think people thought you wer crazy? I was 17 and he was 22. People thought he should go to JAIL! :laughing: Seriously though, people took bets at our wedding. No one thought it would last but a few of us. Of course we did, my grandparents thought we were meant to be, and a good family friend who was like my adopted mom growng up did. Everyone else thought it wouldn't last a year...they were right! It didn't last a year. It lasted a lot longer! :banana:

I can't wait to hear more. I hope you have lots of free time to post more soon!

Love the start! Can't wait to read the rest. Were you a big lurker here before you decided to write your TR?

Wow! It's just like a Harlequin novel!

Everyone even has cool names and tragic backgrounds....

please continue. ;)

I love your style! Your report reads like a novel. Can't wait to hear more!

jb

I am trying to be as descriptive as I can without saying too much if that makes sense, Rig doesn't think it's a good idea that I even write a trip report, but he is hoping that this will keep me from as he says "Buzzing around like a knat in his ear, Dizzzzzzzzznee, Dizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzznee."

I had left Texas and not told anybody that I was leaving. I wanted to go much earlier then what I did, but Rig said it was best to wait until I was 18 and legal.

We got married that September and began our lives on the ranch.

We never had money for the extras and Rig said his savings got wiped out moving us both north, so when Christmas came around Rig said we would keep it simple, just a few token gifts.

I gave him some cologne, a new shirt, some socks and an electric razor.

He gave me some perfume, winter boots, pair of earings and an envelope.
He was cute and always drawing me little pictures, I thought it was another picture. But when I opened it, here it was a gift certificate to the travel agency one town over. (I learned that is why we never had money for extras, he was putting it away for my gift, he also put the majority of our savings towards it.) He told me to start planning our trip to Disney. He said he had asked the travel agent how much of a trip we could get out of that much money, and she had all kinds of things to say, "Depends on when you go, where you stay, how long you stay, what kind of package you get, are you going to include dining......" So he then asked if they sold gift certificates, and they did.

I didn't get over to the travel agents until April 2009. Once I did, Emily, the Trip agent helped me plan what turned out to be the greatest 10 days of my life, (even though Rig spent a night in the big house)

The time leading up to our trip went fast. Rig thought December was a great time to go to Florida and escape the cold winds of the north. We would be leaving bright and early December 3rd but our Disney vacation wouldn't start until the 4th. We had a room only reservation for the first night.

Packing the night before was hectic for me, I didn't know what to pack, do I pack for warm weather? I heard it could get cold in Florida sometimes. Would my winter coat be too much, would just a hooded sweatshirt be enough to keep me warm? What kind of shoes? how many shoes?

Rig grabbed a big duffel bag, threw in some jeans, some shirts, long sleeved and short, socks, boxers, a pair of tennis shoes, his toiletry bag, zipped it up and laid it on the floor. "that's how it's done babylee, keep it simple."

"Well I can't keep it simple "cowboy" my hair is longer then my elbows and thicker then rope, I need a bag just for my hair products, then there's my body gels and lotions, the list goes on."

Rig has it easy when it comes to packing, for one he's a man, for two, he only wears jeans and flannel shirts in the winter, or jeans and T-shirts, sometimes a button down cowboy shirt as I call them in the summer. He doesn't wear shorts, he doesn't even own any shorts, he doesn't own swim trunks, he will just swim in his jeans, so I guessed he wouldn't be swimming at Disney with me.

I finally finished packing around 1:00am and went out to lay on the couch next to Rig, he had fallen asleep but I woke him when I flopped down. We would be leaving for the airport in less then 2 hours. My plan was to stay awake and then sleep on the plane, it was going to be a long trip to Fl.

I fell asleep for about 20 minutes and when I woke I jumped in the shower, then woke Rig to get his shower.

Rigs friend Charlie showed up at 2:45 and we all piled into the pickup for the 2 hour drive to the airport. I slept for a while in the truck, Rig and charlie talked about ranch stuff the whole time.

we got to the airport around 5 in the morning and got checked in, our flight didn't leave until 7:15am we had time to kill so we found a MickeyD's and had us some horrible egg and sauage Mcmuffins.

After that we found our gate and just sat there, I talked too much and Rig didn't talk enough. He always says to me, "Babylee, does your jaw ever get tired from all that talking?' And I'll come back with, "does your jaw ever get stiff from all that NOT talking?" He smiles at me with those perfect teeth, never even had braces perfect teeth.

they finally called that our flight was boarding, Rig had never flown before but he said he wasn't the least bit nervous, God has seen him through some bad things and he was sure God would see him through this.

One thing we didn't think about when booking the flights was leg room.:confused: I never had problems like that, at 5ft 2 and half inches and only weighing about a buck ten, I could fit anywhere. Rig however has legs that go all the way to the ground. He is hair short of 6 feet. (it makes kissing him more interesting):lovestruc

We had amiddle seat and a window seat, neither would work comfortably for him. He just gave me that smile though and climbed right on in, he tried moving his legs to the side and I put mine over the top of his, it was a funny situation to us and we couldn't stop laughing, Rig said "We should have booked us on the big and tall flight." all we could do was pray that nobody sat in the aisle seat, and if they did maybe they would want to trade for a window seat.

We lucked out and had the row to ourselves so Rig just moved to the aisle.

the flight itself was really turbulent, I spent alot of time praying and gripping my chair, I looked over at rig at one point, he just winked at me. (God I pray the honeymoon stage never ends)

We had a long layover midway to Florida, we got us some lunch, nothing spectacular. I read a book and Rig dozed until our flight was called to board.

We had the same problem on this flight, but this time the flight attendant offered us the front row, plenty of leg room. She told us for future reference request the front row when making reservations.

That last flight was torture for me, the pilot said something about head winds and that we would be arriving early, it was only 15 minutes early but early is early and I was happy.

Rig and I got our stuff down from the overhead, he didn't have to check his bag, all he had to do was put his liquids in my checked bag, and then he carried his on the flight saving us 25 bucks. 50 when you consider we did the same thing on the way back.

the first thing I did when I stepped off the plain was put my hair in a ponytail, it was humid and my hair shriveled up. We made our way down to Magical Express, it wasn't easy, we got lost a few times, turned around and ended up where we started... twice. I told Rig I couldn't figure out how he could go out into the Mountains for days at a time, no signs anywhere and not get lost, but now even with signs we couldn't find our way out of a paper bag.

I asked directions a few times and finally got some that made sense. We got to Magical Express and was ushered to the Pop Century line. I was tired and feeling sick but the excitement that my dream of Disney World was finally coming true more than made up for that.

It was dark outside when we boarded the empty bus, it felt surreal, I kept asking Rig to pinch me, he told me to shush before he did pinch me. But really I needed pinching, it felt like a dream to me, I was a little put off that Rig was acting so cool, calm and collected about all of this, I knew he liked disney world, he told me he did, he had been once with his parents for a day when they were making a truck run to Florida, he said he had a great time, he only went to Magic Kingdom, but he loved it and always dreamed of going back. Now he is back and acting like he could care less.

"babylee, are you sulking?"

"I'm not sulking Rig, I just thought you would share more in the excitement, you're kind of being a buzz kill right now."

"Lee I'm on a bus, when we get to the resort if I am still a buzz kill, chew me out then."

"Oh you can count on it cowboy."

A few families got on the bus, another young couple, probably honeymooners also climbed aboard. the the bus driver climbed on. the bus driver loved his job, if he didn't then that man deserves an emmy.

"Welcome to Florida, our destination....where dreams come true."

Rig and I had sat in the front of the bus (more leg room) so Rig talked with the driver while I sat back and watched the welcome show, it only got me even more excited. I might have let a squeal of excitement slip out a time or two. Rig would just pat my knee and tell me to settle down there.

the ride for me was too long, Rig said it flew for him. We passed under the disney world Arch and that's when Rig sucked in a big breath of air. He let it out slowly.

"We're here babylee, I can feel the excitement in the air, can you?"

"Yeah, since we first boarded the bus."

Pop Century was the first stop, and we were the first off the bus. the driver got our bags out from under the bus and Rig tipped him a few bucks and tipped his hat, "Much obliged sir." I always love when he does that, I do get jealous though when he tips his hat to other woman, he says he is being polite, I said fine, but no being polite to anybody prettier then me. And Rig said, "Lee, there aint no woman prettier than you." ( I know! he's such a keeper)

Rig grabbed up our bags and we headed in to the Pop Century lobby.

What a story! Can't wait to read more.
Hi there, omagosh! this is fun, I can't wait to write more. thank you for reading.

Love the start! Can't wait to read the rest. Were you a big lurker here before you decided to write your TR?
thank you. no I wasn't a big lurker, I just found this forum a couple of days ago and have been working on Rig to let me write a trip report, "just don't go spillin any secrets." he said
I have started reading a few, mostly in the completed forum, I couldn't post up until today so it made it easier for me sinc I talk so much and would want to get in on the chatting.

Wow! It's just like a Harlequin novel!

Everyone even has cool names and tragic backgrounds....

please continue. ;)
Harlequin huh? I've never read a harlequinn, I've read plenty of Jude Devereaux, "knight in shining armor" is my favorite. You'd think I'd be all about the cowboy novels, but not really.

My name is an old family name, Leela was my great Grandmother, and one of my aunts.

Rig, if you want to say being named after a vehicle is cool. I do have a friend named Camry though, but it's not like they named her "Car" why couldn't they name Rig, "Peter" like after the Peterbuilt trucks?:confused3 just sayin. But I have come to like the name Rig, if we ever have kids though and it's a boy, I am not naming it Rig. (I'll name it cowboy, after his fathers profession, or burger slinger after mine)

tragic pasts?, I guess I did get a little dramatic in my writing. finding out that Sir isn't my real Dad was a punch to the gut, only because I was lied to, I still don't know why, but aside from that I had a princess life growing up, except they never took me to disney World.:mad:

I think Rig might of had a rough few years when he was a teenager though.

I love your style! Your report reads like a novel. Can't wait to hear more!

jb
Yeah, it reads like a Harlequin, with cool names and tragic pasts. Lol Pixiechic is too funny.

But thank you for reading and posting, I didn't think anybody would read this let alone comment on it. Maybe I could get theis report published,:idea: maybe Harlequin will want it.

Look at this, I have friends already, this is so great.

I'm in! You should really write books, you have a wonderful writing style that reads like a novel. Love it!:thumbsup2

I'm in can't wait to hear more.:goodvibes

I can't wait to tell more and keep meeting new poeple here, Thank you for reading and posting.

This TR is fun...you can't type fast enough!!! :goodvibes

I wish I could keep going tonight but Rig will be home soon and I have to start dinner. seriously I want to call in sick tomorrow just so I can stay home and write more.

See ya'll tomorrow though.

I can't wait to tell more and keep meeting new poeple here, Thank you for reading and posting.

I wish I could keep going tonight but Rig will be home soon and I have to start dinner. seriously I want to call in sick tomorrow just so I can stay home and write more.

See ya'll tomorrow though.

Well we'll forgive you and let you make dinner and "work" but we better see ya back tomorrow! ;)

DH was my HS sweetheart, but I wasn't his. He was 22 when we married. He had long since graduated and was in the Army for 4 years already. You think people thought you wer crazy? I was 17 and he was 22. People thought he should go to JAIL! :laughing: Seriously though, people took bets at our wedding. No one thought it would last but a few of us. Of course we did, my grandparents thought we were meant to be, and a good family friend who was like my adopted mom growng up did. Everyone else thought it wouldn't last a year...they were right! It didn't last a year. It lasted a lot longer! :banana:

I can't wait to hear more. I hope you have lots of free time to post more soon!

I'm sorry I must have missed this post earlier.

17 is young to marry, did your parents have to sign for you? I was too afraid to really do anything until I was 18, I didn't want Rig to get into any kind of trouble, sir would of had a fit if he knew I was dating a ranch hand and he was 3 years older then me. I mean right now, I'm 20 and he is 23, that seems fine, even normal, and I really don't think 16 and 19 is too bad except for the whole jail bait thing. but Rig was always a gentleman with me, sometimes too much of a gentleman, I would say to him, "Rig do something that lets me know you have raging hormones like a normal 19 year old guy should have, try and cop a feel or something."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter