My Big Fat Disney Solo Weekend: April 2015 Trip Report - COMPLETED

All caught up... just in time for it to be over :laughing:

Yay for spending some time at the Boardwalk - I was there a little bit myself this trip! :thumbsup2 And yes, I'm also SUPER jealous of the people who get to lounge on their balconies...

Yay and :laughing: for the bell ringing with the people on the surrey bike! That's so awesome! :thumbsup2

So glad you had a better bus driver on your way to DTD.

I actually went to POFQ this trip!!! And thought about you of course! :goodvibes

OMG your breakfast table!!! :cloud9::cloud9:

Thanks for sharing your trip with us!!!

Hi Billie! I thought I should check out your TR after enjoying your DR so much. I feel bad I didn't make it here until after it was complete, but I definitely enjoyed reading! I'm sorry that you had some seriously less-than-magical moments on your trip, but I'm totally impressed with how you bounced back from them and had a great time anyway. Thanks for a great report! :goodvibes
Thank you so much for checking out my TR! I'm really happy you enjoyed it! :cutie:

I really enjoyed reading about your trip, I have my first solo booked in August and trying to get the courage up...hopefully I will follow through and not cancel :)
Don't you dare cancel! You go and have a WONDERFUL time! :hug:

All caught up... just in time for it to be over :laughing:
Way to go, bro dawg. :sad2:

Yay for spending some time at the Boardwalk - I was there a little bit myself this trip! :thumbsup2 And yes, I'm also SUPER jealous of the people who get to lounge on their balconies...
I'd love to find out what you thought of the Boardwalk... if SOMEBODY would start their Trip Report. o_O

Yay and :laughing: for the bell ringing with the people on the surrey bike! That's so awesome! :thumbsup2
It was HILARIOUS! It made the trip over there totally worth it! :P

So glad you had a better bus driver on your way to DTD.
You and me both, girl! ::yes::

I actually went to POFQ this trip!!! And thought about you of course! :goodvibes
HOORAY! I love POFQ! I'd like to call it my "home" resort, if I wasn't so determined to not have any repeats of Disney resorts until I've stayed at them all! :cutie: Did you try the beignets?

OMG your breakfast table!!! :cloud9::cloud9:
Pretty much PERFECT, right? :goodvibes

Thanks for sharing your trip with us!!!
Thank you for being here to help me relive it! :hug:

HOORAY! I love POFQ! I'd like to call it my "home" resort, if I wasn't so determined to not have any repeats of Disney resorts until I've stayed at them all! :cutie: Did you try the beignets?
I give you total props for "touring" all resorts. Love that idea! :thumbsup2

No, no beignets for me. :sad2: EPIC FAIL on my part... :( Next time!

I give you total props for "touring" all resorts. Love that idea! :thumbsup2

No, no beignets for me. :sad2: EPIC FAIL on my part... :( Next time!
Not so epic of a fail... You didn't miss much. :laughing: I only tried them because that's what you do when staying at POFQ!

Loved your Report and I had never thought about going alone before. But now I'm like hmmmmmm. ;)

Hi!

OK so I didn't book a solo trip… Yet… But somehow I magically fell into a gaggle of enablers and all five of us are heading to the world in three weeks!

Three weeks!!

Omg!!

Could you let me know where you rented your ECV from… I have really bad arthritis in my knees and I think it's best if I just order one that I keep with me the whole time.

Thanks!

Hi!

OK so I didn't book a solo trip… Yet… But somehow I magically fell into a gaggle of enablers and all five of us are heading to the world in three weeks!

Three weeks!!

Omg!!

Could you let me know where you rented your ECV from… I have really bad arthritis in my knees and I think it's best if I just order one that I keep with me the whole time.

Thanks!
Congratulations!!! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

As for the ECV: For my last two trips, I rented from Buena Vista Scooters. However, my experiences with them have been mixed. So for my next trip in December, I am going to try renting from Walker Mobility for the first time. Here are both of their websites:

https://www.buenavistascooters.com/
http://www.walkermobility.com/

Hi Billie,
I just found your trip report a fewvdays ago, loved it!!
I'm sorry to hear about such rude people especially the bus driver. I also think its great that you didn't let them ruin your day. I sometimes have a hard time getting out of a funk.
Anyway its great to read solo trip reports I hope to do one in the future. Looking forward to your next trip report.

Hi Billie,
I just found your trip report a fewvdays ago, loved it!!
I'm sorry to hear about such rude people especially the bus driver. I also think its great that you didn't let them ruin your day. I sometimes have a hard time getting out of a funk.
Anyway its great to read solo trip reports I hope to do one in the future. Looking forward to your next trip report.
Hi there, thank for commenting! :hug: I can never stay in a funk at Disney for very long. I paid too much money to be there to waste one moment of it being unnecessarily unhappy! :cutie: Also, I HIGHLY recommend solo trips! That's when I have the most fun! :goodvibes

Hi Billie! My wife and I have really enjoyed your trip report- especially all the dining reviews!

Thank you for sharing :thumbsup2

Hi Billie! My wife and I have really enjoyed your trip report- especially all the dining reviews!

Thank you for sharing :thumbsup2
Yaaaaaaaaaay! I'm so glad to hear it! Thanks for reading and for commenting! Look out for the next one in December! :cutie:

So, I needed an extra dose of Billie writing magic and decided to tackle this trip report as it's short and I wouldn't feel too guilty about wasting time (not that anything Disney related can be called a waste of time, but I should really be studying. I hate studying :worried:).
You sure got a lot packed in in such a short time. I am super jelly that you live close enough for a quick 2 day trip. I can't fathom less than a week there. And even though there were some less than magic moments, I think it's great that you didn't let them spoil the rest of your magical adventure.
Beautiful photos.
One thing that I only just noticed for some reason is that you also wear glasses. How do you manage on the rides? I'm a little nervous about that but I don't want to remove them because I don't want to miss out.
Will also be at the Poly for last day breakfast but at Kona as I've read much on that Tonga Toast and must must try. I will be eagerly waiting to read your review. My 180 day mark was yesterday. I'll probably do a post on that later today over on my PTR if you're interested.

So, I needed an extra dose of Billie writing magic and decided to tackle this trip report as it's short and I wouldn't feel too guilty about wasting time (not that anything Disney related can be called a waste of time, but I should really be studying. I hate studying :worried:).
DIS > Studying. Always. (I'm a terrible influence! :rolleyes1 )

You sure got a lot packed in in such a short time. I am super jelly that you live close enough for a quick 2 day trip. I can't fathom less than a week there. And even though there were some less than magic moments, I think it's great that you didn't let them spoil the rest of your magical adventure.
Beautiful photos.
When I'm at Disney, can't NOTHIN' harsh my buzz for very long, girl! Life is too short for being upset at Disney! ::yes::

One thing that I only just noticed for some reason is that you also wear glasses. How do you manage on the rides? I'm a little nervous about that but I don't want to remove them because I don't want to miss out.
Ah-ha! Funny you should ask this. For rides I am nervous about my eyeglasses flying off my head, I have always just taken them off and slipped them into my bag for the duration of the ride. But, as you mentioned, it's resulted in me seeing a lot of attractions all blurry! So for my next trip (in 20 days!), I've purchased a thin black strap to slip onto the arms of my glasses and tighten up to the back of my head. I don't plan on wearing it all the time, just when I'm about to queue up for a ride I would normally take them off for. I'll let you know now it works out for me! :thumbsup2

Will also be at the Poly for last day breakfast but at Kona as I've read much on that Tonga Toast and must must try. I will be eagerly waiting to read your review. My 180 day mark was yesterday. I'll probably do a post on that later today over on my PTR if you're interested.
Girl, I didn't know you had a PTR going! I'll warn you, I'm AWFUL at keeping up and commenting, but I'll definitely subscribe and do my best! BEEP BEEP, I'M ON MY WAY! :car:

This was such a fun report to read! I am busy planning my first solo trip and you're making me so very excited to go. I'm so sorry about all of the negative experiences you had with people being rude to you, but I do love your positive attitude and determination to not let anything ruin your magic! Can't wait to read your dining report :)

This was such a fun report to read! I am busy planning my first solo trip and you're making me so very excited to go. I'm so sorry about all of the negative experiences you had with people being rude to you, but I do love your positive attitude and determination to not let anything ruin your magic! Can't wait to read your dining report :)
Thanks for reading, and for commenting! I'm telling you, when at Disney, it's HARD to harsh my buzz for very long!! :rotfl: I hope you have an AWESOME solo trip! I'm got back for my next one in October, and I can't wait! I love SOLO DISNEY!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter