My Big Fat Disney Solo Weekend: April 2015 Trip Report - COMPLETED

Love the shots of the Poly lobby. It looks so nice. I wish we'd had time to visit.

Stitch looks like a lot of fun! Glad you had a safe, uneventful trip home. :goodvibes

Oh, good! It makes me feel so much better to know it's not just me! It seriously made me feel like such a dumb-dumb!
We forgot to tip the housekeeper for our stay at the Beach Club last year. :sad2: Maybe that's why we had spotty service and no towel animal this time. :rolleyes1

I've enjoyed ready about your trip, from the time it was a "maybe" until the time it was a "finished". Now your December trip is a lot closer than it was before you took this little solo trip. :)

Coming to the end of a TR is almost as sad as coming to the end of a Disney vacation- almost :sad: But luckily you have your Dec. trip to look forward to! Awesome it's a birthday trip also :cake:I went for my bday in Feb. 2014 and got cards signed by Mickey, Belle & the Beast....best feeling ever having so many people wish you a happy one!! Wear your button proudly for the whole trip ::yes::

Going to head over to your PTR now. I'm debating doing a TR for my upcoming Nov. trip but not sure if I would be entertaining enough :scratchin You on the other hand, are a joy to read!!!

Boo for the last morning. But lots of fun to be had!

I understand the guilt over not tipping the guy from bell services. I always play that stuff over in my mind!

The Poly lobby looks great! I wonder what they do for Christmas? We'll find out shortly!

Fun ride on the resort monorail! We took it last time even though we didn't need to. Riding the monorail just feels like Disney!

It seems like a fun breakfast at Ohana! Stitch seems like a blast! He's so cute!

Love the Mickey earrings! I want a necklace just like that!

Glad the ride home was quick! Now excited to read more about December!

I think everyone feels that way ... or at least everyone with a heart.
A heart that breaks upon closing that resort room door for the last time! :sad:

See, that's smart. I should try that. Stop spending money and save it for Disney...
It's a crazy idea, isn't it? It's especially hard now that I'm home, but with essentially 6 months left to save up, I'm really feeling the pressure! :scared:

Ouch, I hate when that happens. Oh well, nothing you can do about it now, so there's no reason to beat yourself up over it.
I know, you're right! It just bothers me, like a screwed up my karma some how. :sad2:

I love these!!
Me too! Of course, I can't wear them presently because my silly behind has already managed to lose the back of one of them. :headache: So next time I'm at Walmart or something, I'll need to buy some of the replacements earring backs. DOH!

That's such a great way to kill some time - gives you a chance to see lots of little bits of Disney without leaving your seat.
I'm telling you, the Monorail is more than just transportation, it's an attraction in and of itself! ::yes::

Well, that's a shocker. But hey, at least you got some sleep somewhere!
I know, right? :rotfl2:

Well at least you got the nice view at some time, even if it wasn't during Wishes. It's always nice to see the castle.
It really was a pretty magical spot to spent my last couple of hours at Disney. :goodvibes

I hate when they're like that. I know it's early in the morning, but seriously, Lilo, show some enthusiasm!
I think it was the end of her shift and she was just over it. No excuse, though!!! :mad:

Really Stitch? Picking your nose at the table? Not very polite!

I love all of the character pictures!
Stitch was HILARIOUS! :stitch2:

The thing I both love and hate about Dunkin Donuts is that their iced coffee sizes are huge ... the smallest one is 16 oz (I think the large is 32 oz ... something like that). It's awesome if you want a lot of coffee, but not so great if you get a higher calorie drink and should be watching your calories (thankfully, I don't go to DD too often because I don't love their coffee ... but I do love that I can get a small and still get lots of coffee).
I myself was extremely thankful for the huge cheap coffee. I think it's what got me through my drive home without even a little bit of drowsiness. And since calories don't count while on vacation, it was fine! :thumbsup2

I loved reading all about your trip - thank you so much for sharing! I'm looking forward to continuing to read about the planning for December!
I'm so glad you were here for this report, Sarah! Thank you for following along! :hug:

Great TR Billie!! The food at O'hana looked delish...and Stitch...adorable!!! Too bad about Lilo...eh...oh well. Love your new earrings...so cute!! I may have to get DD (and myself :) ) some of those next time!! You made amazing time on the way home too...sadly would have been nice to get there that quickly on the way THERE too!! At least you have another trip in the works to look forward to!!
Thank you for being here, Kathy! :hug: It was a great trip and it's people like you who make it fun to relive it here on the DIS!

Fabulous TR, Billie! I get that Disney let down, too. It happens when the Magic Express bus pulls away from the last resort and makes the sad trip back to the airport.
Love the pics of DTD and hearing about your boat ride. We are staying at POR and it's something I would like to do.
Definitely take advantage of the boat to DTD! It was something new and unique for me, and I loved it! :goodvibes

Very cute earrings. They match your tiara.
Ha! I didn't even think of that, but you're so right! princess:

It makes me LOL every time you say "zero craps given"!! I'm stealing that! :rotfl:
That's actually the censored version, to make it DIS-appropriate. When I say it imn real life, it sounds more like "Zero ducks given." Know what I mean? (My work wife particularly enjoys when I gesture around at nothing and say "Look at all these ducks that I do not give! Look at them!") :laughing:

It would be my dream come true to be able to drive home from WDW in a day!
It would be my dream to let somebody else fly me there so that I can relax and read a book the whole way! :rotfl:

Also, I LOVE your earrings. My 5-year-old DD just got hers pierced, so now I'll definitely be taking her to the Poly to get a pair of those :-). I'll probably "borrow" them too!
You should totally borrow them, they're so super cute! :cutie:

Billie! I don't know how I missed this! I think I like your trip report even more than the dining report...or at least a tie. You are funny!
Awww, thanks! And better late than never, right? :hug:

Sorry you had some awkward moments on the bus and such and with some odd people.
Eh, it's par for the course! Not everybody is as full of magic as they should be at Disney! :goodvibes

I lol so many times in this report - I couldn't quote them all.
Yay! I'm so happy to hear that! I love to laugh, andm I love to make others laugh! :laughing:

That is hilarious you can sleep pretty much at any time IN the park. Disney really is exhausting.
It's even more exhausting when you have a defective brain that becomes wide awake the moment that your head hits a pillow! :hyper:

Are you SURE you don't want to go back in September? Like the 2nd - 9th? You'd be fun to hang out with and I'm traveling with the inlaws...just saying...
I would LOVE to go back in September. If a money tree sprouts in my yard in the next month or two, that'll be my top priority! I'll let you know! :rotfl:

I'm so glad this trip worked out for you after all the trials and tribulations in the beginning! I'm also glad you had more "ups" than " downs" and wow you really packed a lot into that short amount of time!
This trip really did work out amazingly, and I'm so very happy that it did! I had a blast, even with all the hiccups! :goodvibes

I love your Ohana outfit, the flower is super cute in your short hair, sorry Lilo was blah.....maybe she was jealous of your flower :flower1:
Thank you for the compliment! And you're probably right, Lilo did seem kinda triflin'. :rotfl2:

The Mickey earrings are so cute! I think I know what Vera bag you were eyeing, if it's a small solid pink cross body style with Mickey's stitched into the fabric it's sitting in my closet :rolleyes1 remember, great minds think alike!
Yep, that sounds like the one exactly! I loved it! I guess I should just use that as motivation to lose a few pounds so that maybe I can buy it in December! :blush:

As always I loved reading your TR and even though I'm sad to see it come to a close I am so glad you have another trip in the works so I can live vicariously through you! :hug:
Speaking of living vicariously through each other, last night I had a dream I went to DISNEYLAND. And I think it was mostly inspired by reading YOUR tip report! :rotfl:

Love the shots of the Poly lobby. It looks so nice. I wish we'd had time to visit.
Next time, girl! :thumbsup2

Stitch looks like a lot of fun! Glad you had a safe, uneventful trip home. :goodvibes
Stitch was a blast! And yes, the trip home was FAR less dramatic than the trip down was, thankfully! :-)

Sounds like a great trip and just enough to get you super excited for your December trip.
Oh girl, now I am SUPER excited for our December trip! It's all that I think about!!! :D

We forgot to tip the housekeeper for our stay at the Beach Club last year. :sad2: Maybe that's why we had spotty service and no towel animal this time. :rolleyes1
As much as I hate that it happened, it does make me feel better to know I'm not the only one who has done it! :hug:

I've enjoyed ready about your trip, from the time it was a "maybe" until the time it was a "finished". Now your December trip is a lot closer than it was before you took this little solo trip. :)
Yes! This little surprise trip certainly helped to kill some waiting time for my big December trip! Now it's almost ADR day!!! :eek:

loved following both your trip report and your dining resort!
Thank you so much for being here and following along! :hug:

Coming to the end of a TR is almost as sad as coming to the end of a Disney vacation- almost :sad: But luckily you have your Dec. trip to look forward to!
Looking forward to the December trip is the only thing keeping me sane! :laughing:

Awesome it's a birthday trip also :cake:I went for my bday in Feb. 2014 and got cards signed by Mickey, Belle & the Beast....best feeling ever having so many people wish you a happy one!! Wear your button proudly for the whole trip ::yes::
isn't it so much fun? I went for my birthday in 2009, and for my button the whole week. It was a blast!!! :cutie: I'm so looking forward to doing it again this year!

Going to head over to your PTR now. I'm debating doing a TR for my upcoming Nov. trip but not sure if I would be entertaining enough :scratchin You on the other hand, are a joy to read!!!
Oh, now you're just making me blush! :blush: You should totally do one! If you do, let me know, I'll happily follow!

Boo for the last morning. But lots of fun to be had!
The last morning SUCKS. That's why I always schedule a breakfast in a Disney resort before hitting the road. It helps to eeeeease out of the Disney bubble, I think! :goodvibes

I understand the guilt over not tipping the guy from bell services. I always play that stuff over in my mind!
Yes, that's exactly what I've been doing!!! :sad2:

The Poly lobby looks great! I wonder what they do for Christmas? We'll find out shortly!
We will! 6-ish more months!!! :santa:

Fun ride on the resort monorail! We took it last time even though we didn't need to. Riding the monorail just feels like Disney!
Yaaaaaaasssss! Exactly! That's why I had to do it! ::MickeyMo

It seems like a fun breakfast at Ohana! Stitch seems like a blast! He's so cute!
It was awesome! I highly recommended it!! :stitch2:

Love the Mickey earrings! I want a necklace just like that!
A matching necklace is on my agenda for the December trip! :thumbsup2

Glad the ride home was quick! Now excited to read more about December!
The ride home was scary quick. :laughing: And yes, with this TR done, all my heart and soul is being poured into the December trip now!

"That's actually the censored version, to make it DIS-appropriate. When I say it imn real life, it sounds more like "Zero ducks given." Know what I mean? (My work wife particularly enjoys when I gesture around at nothing and say "Look at all these ducks that I do not give! Look at them!") :laughing:"

Love it! You're my kind of people! Let's hang out!! :rotfl2:

Oh, how funny!!! And maybe just a little creepy... :tiptoe: I'm kidding! I was born and raised here. It's a boring place for a kid, as there's not a lot to do that interests kids, even the closest mall is 45 minutes away. I moved to bigger cities several times, but eventually settled back in Beaufort when I was 27, and I absolutely love it here now. (About the only reason I would leave here is if I got an opportunity to move to the central Florida area and be closer to Disney!)

When we first got there last year, I was like "ugh, I could never live here" but then as the week went on, I fell in love with it! My first choice to move would be Florida too, but I wouldn't mind being 5 hours away from Disney if SC ends up being where we go!

Anyway, I read your whole TR in one sitting, and all I can really remember to comment on is how adorable your face paint is, and what a jerk that bus driver was. :mad: I love the CM's, I think they have a really hard job, trying to make every single guest happy, and I know the people that go to Disney are very demanding BUT I do think a lot of the CM's have lost their magic lately. I guess you can't really blame them, but there's no reason to be so rude to someone who was perfectly pleasant. Then the rude people get their butt's kissed. I don't know, it aggravates me!

Well anyway, great TR, stop by mine if you get a chance! :thumbsup2

Leaving is always sad, but it looks like you left on a good note. Thanks for letting me tag along.

Finally caught up!

I so totally thought of you OFTEN on my trip. I have decided I really want to try a solo trip (this last one had too many diverse groups for me...too stressful).

It sounds like for the most part you truly enjoyed your time!

I am so sorry you had to deal with the bus driver. I was pleasantly surprised, by all the bus drivers we dealt with...we usually had two scooters loading, so it was extra fun. All were extremely kind, nice and helpful. Except for one...the bus driver from he$$...she started yelling at me before I even started loading. I was so embarrassed and down right scared of her, I could not look at her either and did not get her name.

Glad you were able to move on and have a great time!

Thank you so much for sharing your adventure!

Lynn

Love, love, love O'Hana for Breakfast!!!! Yumm-o!!! Ha ha ha, I'm laughing so hard at Stitch!!! Too funny!!!

Thank you for sharing your adventures with us!!! :)

I fell behind a bit, but just finished up. Bless your little tired heart...asleep while waiting for breakfast. I can totally relate though...I am an insomniac so sleep is a very precious thing whenever or wherever you can get it! :)

Thanks for sharing your trip with us. I will continue following along with your PTR! :)

I agree, always a little sad to leave the room for the last time, i feel like i 'run' back to make sure i didn't forget anything to often.

UGH the forgetting to tip thing, I did this once years ago at a nail salon i don't know why, but my mom was going the next day and i made her tip the person i felt horrible about it. I know its bothering you but its ok to let it go... LET IT GO!princess: (sorry I typed let it go, and then I just ran with it)

Love the earnings you ended up picking up! Very cute and subtle!

Haha Stitch picking his nose, LOVE IT! I can not stand when a character isn't in to it, UGH! Drives me crazy :eek:

Happy you drive was uneventful, and DD coffee, I am having some right now :surfweb:

Looking forward to continuing to follow along on your PTR! :hug:

Love it! You're my kind of people! Let's hang out!! :rotfl2:
Let's do it! Hopefully our WDW adventures will coincide at some point! :thumbsup2

When we first got there last year, I was like "ugh, I could never live here" but then as the week went on, I fell in love with it! My first choice to move would be Florida too, but I wouldn't mind being 5 hours away from Disney if SC ends up being where we go!
It's not bad! And an easy drive, too. Straight down I-95 to I-4, and straight on until Disney! ::MickeyMo

Anyway, I read your whole TR in one sitting, and all I can really remember to comment on is how adorable your face paint is, and what a jerk that bus driver was. :mad: I love the CM's, I think they have a really hard job, trying to make every single guest happy, and I know the people that go to Disney are very demanding BUT I do think a lot of the CM's have lost their magic lately. I guess you can't really blame them, but there's no reason to be so rude to someone who was perfectly pleasant. Then the rude people get their butt's kissed. I don't know, it aggravates me!
RIGHT?!?! This!!! It's infuriating, isn't?! >:(

Well anyway, great TR, stop by mine if you get a chance! :thumbsup2
Hey, thank you for the invite, I'm totally oblivious to peoples signatures half the time! I'll totally join you on your thread! :cutie:

Leaving is always sad, but it looks like you left on a good note. Thanks for letting me tag along.
Thank YOU for joining me! :hug:

Finally caught up!
Hooray! Welcome back, Lynn! :woohoo:

I so totally thought of you OFTEN on my trip. I have decided I really want to try a solo trip (this last one had too many diverse groups for me...too stressful).
Aww, I totally know what you mean! While I'm looking forward to traveling with family on the next one, a little part of me is going to miss the complete FREEDOM that I have on my solo trips! I think you'll really enjoy it! As you've seen on my report, there are a few more obstacles with the ECV and being solo, but nothing that can't be overcome!! :hug: I hope you'll plan a solo trip soon, I'd love to read all about it!

It sounds like for the most part you truly enjoyed your time!
I did, I did! I am so happy I got to take my quick little weekend trip, and it certainly has helps kill a big chunk of time while waiting for my ADR day for my longer December trip! :cutie:

I am so sorry you had to deal with the bus driver. I was pleasantly surprised, by all the bus drivers we dealt with...we usually had two scooters loading, so it was extra fun. All were extremely kind, nice and helpful. Except for one...the bus driver from he$$...she started yelling at me before I even started loading. I was so embarrassed and down right scared of her, I could not look at her either and did not get her name.
Yes, ALL of my bus drivers were great too, all but the ONE nasty one I had! How weird is it that you had the same experience? And clearly not the SAME bus driver either, because mine was a dude! So weird! :(

Glad you were able to move on and have a great time!
Oh, absolutely! It's Disney... It takes a LOT to get me down at Disney for very long! :earsgirl:

Thank you so much for sharing your adventure!

Lynn
Thank YOU for being here and letting me share it with you! :hug:

Love, love, love O'Hana for Breakfast!!!! Yumm-o!!! Ha ha ha, I'm laughing so hard at Stitch!!! Too funny!!!
Stitch was HI-LAR-IOUS. Totally made up for that hater, Lilo. :rotfl:

Thank you for sharing your adventures with us!!! :)
Thank you for being here! :hug:

I fell behind a bit, but just finished up. Bless your little tired heart...asleep while waiting for breakfast. I can totally relate though...I am an insomniac so sleep is a very precious thing whenever or wherever you can get it! :)
Yasssss! Finally, somebody who understand me!!! :faint:

Thanks for sharing your trip with us. I will continue following along with your PTR! :)
Thank you for allowing me to share it! See you on our PTRs! :goodvibes

I agree, always a little sad to leave the room for the last time, i feel like i 'run' back to make sure i didn't forget anything to often.
Yes, exactly! And when I close that door behind me for the last time, it's like a little something in me DIES! :sad: That's why I HAVE to book something fun that morning before I hit the road... It's just too painful to just get in the car and LEAVE!!

UGH the forgetting to tip thing, I did this once years ago at a nail salon i don't know why, but my mom was going the next day and i made her tip the person i felt horrible about it. I know its bothering you but its ok to let it go... LET IT GO!princess: (sorry I typed let it go, and then I just ran with it)
Hahahaha! :rotfl: You're right, I should, I know!!!

Love the earnings you ended up picking up! Very cute and subtle!
Thank you! I loves them! princess:

Haha Stitch picking his nose, LOVE IT! I can not stand when a character isn't in to it, UGH! Drives me crazy :eek:
Yeah, as much of a hater as Lilo was, at least Stitch TOTALLY made up for it! :stitch2:

Happy you drive was uneventful, and DD coffee, I am having some right now :surfweb:
Yum yum yum! That sounds delicious! I wish DD was anywhere remotely close to my drive to work in the mornings. I'd be in their drive-thru EVERYDAY! :drinking1

Looking forward to continuing to follow along on your PTR! :hug:
Thanks for being here!! :hug:

I just started my pre-trip report! Now I just need someone to read it - ha! :hyper:

Hi Billie! I thought I should check out your TR after enjoying your DR so much. I feel bad I didn't make it here until after it was complete, but I definitely enjoyed reading! I'm sorry that you had some seriously less-than-magical moments on your trip, but I'm totally impressed with how you bounced back from them and had a great time anyway. Thanks for a great report! :goodvibes

I really enjoyed reading about your trip, I have my first solo booked in August and trying to get the courage up...hopefully I will follow through and not cancel :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter