Mother, Daughter and Sausage Dining Review! Final Meal - Complete 9/27!!

I've been tempted to book a breakfast ADR at Olivia's. I'm looking forward to seeing how you liked it - especially since it came so highly endorsed by a CM.

Hope you found sausage or else your PTR would have to be renamed "Mother, Daughter and the memory of a beloved sausage" :rotfl2:

I think I've seen a breakfast review from dizneeat for Olivia's and it looked very good! I'm actually very excited to try it out for dinner!

We really considered Olivia's for lunch on our no parks day. Then DS saw the chicken & waffles at Trails End! Looking forward to your review!

Mmmm...chicken and waffles...don't make me change my ADRs again! :rotfl2:

I'm so excited to see an Olivia's review! I actually think the menu there looks good and unique, so I'm looking forward to seeing your take on it. :goodvibes

I'm very excited to eat there! We're doing dinner if I forgot to mention which meal we're trying. I also can't wait to try out their key lime pie!

Food review lurker on board! :thumbsup2

The only ride we have been stuck on was It's A Small World in DL....for almost an hour...that is a long time to take the song!! :cool2::rolleyes:

Oh, no!! Maybe I should be careful what I wish for. Getting stuck on It's a Small World would be bad! :eek: :lmao:

OK two days have passed. Please tell us you have found the sausage!
Would you believe that I have not found the sausage yet?? But to tell you the truth I had such a busy weekend that I didn't have much time to look. But we're leaving for Green Bay at the end of the week so I'd better rip the house apart!

I'm in!!!:coffee:

Thanks for joining in! I'm glad to have you along for the ride!:wave2:

Your plans all sound great! We too are going rogue and skipping the DDP. It's so freeing not to be tied down to ADRs every day, and doing the hard math about snack credits!

I've heard great things about Olivia's. If only I could drag my family around for eating reasons! We learned we are not buffet or character meal people and my family is even a bit wary of the shtick at 'Ohana. I need to tag along with you and Eileen next time!

That sausage had better turn up if it knows what's good for it! Maybe start talking loudly about Biergarden? Lmao!

Good luck on finding the sausage! I'm late to the party but I'm in. :)
:welcome: thanks for joining in. Hopefully I should have a sausage update soon!

Your plans all sound great! We too are going rogue and skipping the DDP. It's so freeing not to be tied down to ADRs every day, and doing the hard math about snack credits!

I've heard great things about Olivia's. If only I could drag my family around for eating reasons! We learned we are not buffet or character meal people and my family is even a bit wary of the shtick at 'Ohana. I need to tag along with you and Eileen next time!

That sausage had better turn up if it knows what's good for it! Maybe start talking loudly about Biergarden? Lmao!
Nancy! You found me! :cool1: I think we're really going to enjoy not being tied to the dining plan. Of course I do love the dining plan and it's nice when you don't have to worry about the cost of anything but it'll also be great just to order whatever we want. I think appetizers and dessert sound like a good choice at some restaurants and I'll be able to do that! Your trip is coming up really soon! I can't wait to hear about your trip as well - especially the CL!

After looking everywhere in our house that I thought the sausage might possibly be, I suspended the search and began packing. Only to find that the sausage was never taken out of the suitcase from the previous trip!:sad2: So sorry sausage! We have just returned from our trip to Green Bay to the Packers Family Night. Here are a few photos!

First we have the sausage - proud to be standing (do sausages stand?) in front of Lambeau Field!
1sausage_Lmbeau2.jpg

The sausage insisted that we take some photos from several locations so of course we did!
1Sausage_Lambeau.jpg

This is one of Eilee and me outside of the arena waiting to get in. I am impulsive sometimes and I ended up with a foam finger.
1Packers.jpg

And this lovely fellow sat directly in front of Eilee and this is the view that she had, poor girl. So I switched seats with her of course because she was so excited to get a glimpse of Aaron Rodgers!:
1lambeau.jpg

I still haven't gotten a lot of practice with my new camera when it comes to food photos and I should really do this before we get to WDW. Last year my sister and I decided to put in some training time before our trip so we went to the MN State Fair. Believe me, there are no better training grounds than this! My sister is not going on vacation with us but she has graciously agreed to be my trainer once again and she's coming down the weekend prior to our trip so we can eat a lot at the state fair. I promise I'll get some food photos! I do believe that the red velvet funnel cake(!!!) will be on my list of things to try so you'll probably see that.

Thank you for your thoughts and concerns regarding the sausage! You can all rest assured that he is just fine and ready for our upcoming vacation! :lmao:

And this lovely fellow sat directly in front of Eilee and this is the view that she had, poor girl. So I switched seats with her of course because she was so excited to get a glimpse of Aaron Rodgers!:
1lambeau.jpg

I still haven't gotten a lot of practice with my new camera when it comes to food photos and I should really do this before we get to WDW. Last year my sister and I decided to put in some training time before our trip so we went to the MN State Fair. Believe me, there are no better training grounds than this! My sister is not going on vacation with us but she has graciously agreed to be my trainer once again and she's coming down the weekend prior to our trip so we can eat a lot at the state fair. I promise I'll get some food photos! I do believe that the red velvet funnel cake(!!!) will be on my list of things to try so you'll probably see that.

Thank you for your thoughts and concerns regarding the sausage! You can all rest assured that he is just fine and ready for our upcoming vacation! :lmao:

Yay! So happy to hear that you located the sausage, Tracy!!! I was beginning to wonder if we might see him sitting in the audience at one of the Olympics events. :lmao: Anyway, I bet he was quite happy to be out of that suitcase and traveling with you and Eilee again. :thumbsup2

I just had to laugh at the cheesehead hat, as I had never seen one. :lmao: Are they common attire at the Packers games? But it is a pity about it blocking your view. :guilty: I do have another question about it though. What is that on top of the cheese? Is it something to shield it from the sun? Was he afraid the cheese would melt? :rotfl:

I'll be looking forward to your training reviews of the state fair food, especially the red velvet funnel cake...another thing I'd never heard of. I recently heard an ad on the radio by a local bakery advertising their special doughnut for the month of August...red velvet with cheesecake frosting! I think I might just have to get me one of those. ;)

Oh, and I loved the pic of you and Eilee! Thanks for sharing it with us. :thumbsup2:

Whew, so glad you found the sausage... the trip wouldn't be the same without "him". (Does "it" have a gender??:confused3)

My DH is a HUGE Packer fan and has the cheesehead and jersey (Brett Favre version so it is old school now.) You can imaging the years that the Packers were in the Super Bowl how crazy loud the cheering was in our house! :rotfl2:

Hooray for eating in training and the red velvet funnel cake sounds like the ultimate for any fried cake deliciousness! Yum!

I'm sure the health dept will be after that sausage for medical research. Great photos but that hat?????????????????only in America ;)

Yay! So happy to hear that you located the sausage, Tracy!!! I was beginning to wonder if we might see him sitting in the audience at one of the Olympics events. :lmao: Anyway, I bet he was quite happy to be out of that suitcase and traveling with you and Eilee again. :thumbsup2

I just had to laugh at the cheesehead hat, as I had never seen one. :lmao: Are they common attire at the Packers games? But it is a pity about it blocking your view. :guilty: I do have another question about it though. What is that on top of the cheese? Is it something to shield it from the sun? Was he afraid the cheese would melt? :rotfl:

I'll be looking forward to your training reviews of the state fair food, especially the red velvet funnel cake...another thing I'd never heard of. I recently heard an ad on the radio by a local bakery advertising their special doughnut for the month of August...red velvet with cheesecake frosting! I think I might just have to get me one of those. ;)

Oh, and I loved the pic of you and Eilee! Thanks for sharing it with us. :thumbsup2:

Why yes, cheesehead hats are all the rage for Packer fans!! They have baby hats and the hats come in different forms such as top hats, cowboy hats and there are even cheese bras! I do not own a cheese bra though. I have no idea what is on top of that guy's cheesehead though - I think he had a few beers too many from what I remember so that folded up paper only served to block our view a little more!

I live in WI but I work in MN because we are that close so we always go to the MN state fair. They come out with a list of new foods and the red velvet funnel cake was on the list this year so I'd never heard of it either. But I am very excited to try it!

Whew, so glad you found the sausage... the trip wouldn't be the same without "him". (Does "it" have a gender??:confused3)

My DH is a HUGE Packer fan and has the cheesehead and jersey (Brett Favre version so it is old school now.) You can imaging the years that the Packers were in the Super Bowl how crazy loud the cheering was in our house! :rotfl2:

Hooray for eating in training and the red velvet funnel cake sounds like the ultimate for any fried cake deliciousness! Yum!

I also call the sausage a "him"! It seems to work!

I'm very happy to hear that your DH is a Packer Backer!! I hope he likes cheese too! Then I will make him an honorary Wisconsonite. ;) I"m darn excited for that red velvet funnel cake, let me tell you! Other must haves are deep fried cheese curds, roasted corn dipped in a vat of butter and corn fritters with honey butter. Mmmm...three weeks seems like an awful long wait!

I'm sure the health dept will be after that sausage for medical research. Great photos but that hat?????????????????only in America ;)

WI is known for its cheese so it seems only fitting that the WI team's fans should wear cheese hats right? LOL!! There are also cheese necklaces and cheese ties, cheese bras, etc. I did not get a cheese hat but I have a photo of my cat in a small cheese hat! I will be sure to post that for you later! :lmao:

I'm very happy to hear that your DH is a Packer Backer!! I hope he likes cheese too! Then I will make him an honorary Wisconsonite. ;) I"m darn excited for that red velvet funnel cake, let me tell you! Other must haves are deep fried cheese curds, roasted corn dipped in a vat of butter and corn fritters with honey butter. Mmmm...three weeks seems like an awful long wait!

We are very close on our countdowns!! :yay:

We have a lot of family in WI... MIL lived in New Glarus (SW of Madison) until a few years ago, FIL lives in Sturgeon Bay, SIL lives in Appleton. We've been around those parts many times!!

And yes, cheese lovers all the way for the entire family!!! I fell in love with cheese curds when I first tried them in WI 20+ years ago. mmmmmm....:)

Your fair food list is tempting me to run to my local county fair that has deep fried everything not to mention my favorite, a simple corn dog!

Are you still at CRT on the 30th?? We have an 8:35ADR so we'll likely see you there!! :thumbsup2

Eating State Fair food sounds like my kind of training!!

Great pic of you and Eilee! You're looking thinner!!

We are very close on our countdowns!! :yay:

We have a lot of family in WI... MIL lived in New Glarus (SW of Madison) until a few years ago, FIL lives in Sturgeon Bay, SIL lives in Appleton. We've been around those parts many times!!

And yes, cheese lovers all the way for the entire family!!! I fell in love with cheese curds when I first tried them in WI 20+ years ago. mmmmmm....:)

Your fair food list is tempting me to run to my local county fair that has deep fried everything not to mention my favorite, a simple corn dog!

Are you still at CRT on the 30th?? We have an 8:35ADR so we'll likely see you there!! :thumbsup2

So you're an old pro when it comes to all things Wisconsin (and I don't mean that you are old! You just know a lot about WI!) :lmao: I believe that they make Spotted Cow beer in New Glarus but that's as close as I've gotten. ;) Their beer if fantastic by the way!

And yes we are at CRT on the 30th at 8:40 so I'm sure we will see you there. :cheer2: It'll be my first time actually meeting someone from the DIS. How exciting! Do you think your daughter will be scared that I know her name? :scared1:

Eating State Fair food sounds like my kind of training!!

Great pic of you and Eilee! You're looking thinner!!

Thank you for noticing!! I've lost 9 lbs since I started dieting and I'm happy to report that I can fit into my work clothes again and I don't need to spend money on a new wardrobe.:banana: Now all I need to do is maintain it or at least not put on 9 lbs at WDW/State Fair! And if I do...Oh well! I'll just start over again because it'll be worth it!

WARNING - I need to let you know that the photos ahead my scare some people! :scared1: But I'm posting these as my response to chocolateminnie - I told her that I don't have a cheesehead of my own, just a small version that I use for my cat. The warning is because my cat is a strange one. People tend to be a little alarmed when they first see him because he's not your typical fuzzy kitty. But he's as sweet as can be and he's a good sport! According to friends he's a cat/rat/bat/bunny/llama.

Here is what Pedro looks like sans cheesehead.
Pedro.jpg

Here is Pedro with just his cheesehead.
Pedro_Cheese2.jpg

And here is Pedro looking fierce in his entire outfit complete with a tiny jersey. You might think he's giving the stink eye but it's just his Packer enthusiasm.

Pedro_Cheese.jpg

Packer fans are nuts I tell ya!

Vote for Pedro! (sorry...couldn't resist!)

So happy to read another Traveling sausage story...and very happy you found the sausage! (This thread is ripe for the Tag Fairy!)

I vote for Kouzzina's for breakfast (the Baklava French toast is to die for!) and I love Olivia's for breakfast. Their multigrain bread is fantastic...so are the breakfast potatoes.

Jill in CO

So you're an old pro when it comes to all things Wisconsin (and I don't mean that you are old! You just know a lot about WI!) :lmao: I believe that they make Spotted Cow beer in New Glarus but that's as close as I've gotten. ;) Their beer if fantastic by the way!

And yes we are at CRT on the 30th at 8:40 so I'm sure we will see you there. :cheer2: It'll be my first time actually meeting someone from the DIS. How exciting! Do you think your daughter will be scared that I know her name? :scared1:

First, CONGRATULATIONS on losign 9 lbs! That's quite an accomplishment although you are still little from all the photos I've seen. :thumbsup2

Ha! Yes, I'm an "older" pro for WI!! :rotfl2: I know what you meant! I also had a client in Madison that I saw once a year -Wisconsin Masons was my annual after Labor Day trip to the great state of WI!

I'm looking forward to saying "Hi" at CRT! :dance3: And no, Em is fully aware that her name and likeness is displayed for all to see on the Disboards so she wouldn't be freaked if someone knew who she was! :cool1:

Take care!

Well talk about late to join in but I am here now! :wave2:

Can't wait to hear all about your dining adventures

The sausage is a DIS board legend :cool2:

Oh by the way - I have fallen in love with Pedro :goodvibes

Aw, your cat is so cute, especially with the cheesehead hat on! :goodvibes

Awww thanks! Most people don't use the word "cute" so I appreciate that! ;)

Vote for Pedro! (sorry...couldn't resist!)

So happy to read another Traveling sausage story...and very happy you found the sausage! (This thread is ripe for the Tag Fairy!)

I vote for Kouzzina's for breakfast (the Baklava French toast is to die for!) and I love Olivia's for breakfast. Their multigrain bread is fantastic...so are the breakfast potatoes.

Jill in CO

Actually that is how Pedro got his name! My DD had just seen Napoleon Dynamite before we got him and she insisted that he should be Pedro. :confused3

I really think that I'm going to end up at Kouzzina for breakfast on our last day. Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day and I only have one breakfast ADR! So I think Kouzzina needs to happen!

First, CONGRATULATIONS on losign 9 lbs! That's quite an accomplishment although you are still little from all the photos I've seen. :thumbsup2

Ha! Yes, I'm an "older" pro for WI!! :rotfl2: I know what you meant! I also had a client in Madison that I saw once a year -Wisconsin Masons was my annual after Labor Day trip to the great state of WI!

I'm looking forward to saying "Hi" at CRT! :dance3: And no, Em is fully aware that her name and likeness is displayed for all to see on the Disboards so she wouldn't be freaked if someone knew who she was! :cool1:

Take care!

I don't think Eilee has any idea that I do reviews or post on this board so I will have to warn her in case she is wondering how I know these people! :lmao: But it'll be fun to see you! I'll be looking for the Vera Bradley bag. ;)

Well talk about late to join in but I am here now! :wave2:

Can't wait to hear all about your dining adventures

The sausage is a DIS board legend :cool2:

Oh by the way - I have fallen in love with Pedro :goodvibes

Thanks for joining in Linda! You're so sweet to compliment Pedro. :goodvibes Vince is a neat freak and he said that we could get a cat if we could find one that didn't shed...so we did some research and this is what we ended up with! LOL!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter