• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Most Embarressing Moments at Disney

I just finished all 59 pages as well. What a great way to procrastinate work!

For my first story, our first trip to WDW in December 1992 as a family (mom, dad, older brother, me, sister not born but theoretically there since she was born in may of 1993) and we were so happy to be there. My brother was a huge Mickey fan.(side note: I remember arguing who lived in the castle that was shown before every movie, he thought is was Mickey's castle and I thought it was Cinderella's. Then little sister comes along and informs us it is actually most like Sleeping Beauty's castle!) so we get to so Mickey Mouse! I don't remember this (I was 2 year old) but my dad says he has it on tape (saving it to show to at my brother's wedding someday probably), my brother runs up to Mickey Mouse and instead of hugging him or even giving him a high five, Mickey looks at my brother as he is about three feet away and my brother pulls down his pants! He wanted to Mickey Mouse his underwear which had Mickey Mouse on them. My brother is now 21, haha, so this is always a great way to come back at him when he accuses my sister or me of being too obsessed with Disney, we always respond with "hey, at least we never dropped our drawers for Mickey!"

During our most recent trip, we did two character meals. We never did any when we were little (probably because my parents were terrified of my brother taking off his pants at the table) so we reserved two since we had the Disney dining plan. At the Garden Grill, Pluto came up and we posed for a picture but my mother had difficulty with the camera. My sister and I tell her it is probably because she put it in the gravy earlier in dinner. Poor Pluto, I thought that dog was going to start rolling on the floor with laughter.

A couple days later, we're eating at 1900 Park Faire. After getting a picture with Anastasia, mom goes to set down the camera and her glass of wine shatters! She maintains that the little kid in the chair behind her bumped her and then she shook the table or something :sad2: but I felt awful, some wine got on the lady sitting behind me, on the chairs, and it was so terrible. Anastasia on the other hand, starts screaming for Cinderella to come clean this mess! If I wasn't mortified enough, everybody starts staring! Prince Charming was nearby and said something to the effect of "Don't make my wife clean." What made this whole incident even worse, was that earlier during the meal, I recognized a kid from my sister's school and he came over to say hi later!

My mom can act like a giant toddler sometimes, and will run off in anger. Usually we find her on a bench or something, or we call each other and communicate, but we were at EPCOT and she huffed off again, so my sister and I decide to go to Poly for some dolewhips. She called my sister on the monorail and then was furious/wanted to join us. Too bad the Poly's dolewhips were only vanilla or pineapple and my mother is very allergic to pineapple! It was like WDW was punishing he for running off and only allowed her to have vanilla dolewhip (okay, maybe that isn't a very bad punishment.)

ok, so it's taken me three nights to read all of these, trying to keep the laughter down so as not to wake anyone up!:rotfl2:

Some background: Took my DGD to WDW for her 8th Birthday. Before the trip I had bought her some Crocs to wear while we were there. We had spent the day at AK and her feet were sore and tired and as we were walking up to the bus she started complaining LOUDLY and walking funny saying "My crotch is hurting, my crotch is hurting me" and of course I say What?!?? and she points to her feet and says my crotch is hurting me. I quickly tell her that those are CROCS. Of course several people around start to chuckle.

Every night (usually around mid-night) we would come back to our room at ASMo and my DGD would realize that she didn't get to swim in the pool because mean ol' Grandma had taken her to a Disney park all day and we had a great time, but she didn't get to SWIM! so she'd stomp past the pool telling me LOUDLY each night how mean I was to her:rotfl:

A few summers ago I was in Epcot with my friend and her family and had just gotten a coke (in a bottle). Anyways we were just walking and while I happened to be taking a sip, I stepped on metal grating, lost my balance, and all I could say was "nooo not my coke!!!!" luckily none spilled out and I regained my footing.. not so gracefully though :goodvibes

This isn't my most embarrassing moment it is my DH. We were at TL in the wave pool.I was standing a little in front of DH. DH thought it'd be so funny to dive with each wave & ride it into me grabbing my bottom. ON about the 4th wave something went wrong. The wave pushed him over & when he surfaced after grabbing "me". He realized that he had just grabbed the bottom of an older woman. :scared1: He quickly bounced back closer to me & stopping his game. :rotfl2: I still laugh at him about this.

Last year I stayed at the Yacht Club. I spent the afternoon at SAB and I guess I was a bit sun dazed. I went into what I thought was the ladies room. When I left the stall, I realized suddenly that there were urinals -- and someone was using one of them!

I must confess that I fled without even washing my hands and then hid in the ladies room for a while until I was sure he had left. For the remainder of the trip, I was sure everyone knew.

He sure had a good story to tell to his friends and family!

Scene: DL, at the Mexican restaurant by the fountain
Players: DH (in the restroom), myself, DD (12) and DS (22 months); "large chested" woman wearing a seethrough white top and white bikini top

Off toddles my DS. He gets to the woman, stops and looks at her and says his first complete sentance..."I like b**bies". :blush:

DD turns 50 shades of red, I'm laughing so hard, and the woman shoots me this dirty look. :confused3 I manage to come out with "You're showing them off, expect the attention." She stormed off, DH shows up and wonders why I'm sitting on the ground, laughing my butt off. I explained it to him and he just about wet his pants! :rotfl2:

Ah, Dh reminded me of another one.

We're at dinner, some sit down place. DS is about 3, so must have been at a DL hotel. He's been comparing dad to him...
"Daddy has big hands, A*** has little hands."
"Daddy has big feet, A*** has little feet."
Cute, no? :cutie:

DS decides it's restroom time, so the two of them toddle off. Well, on the way back, I hear from behind me, at full volume "Mom! Mom! Daddy has a big p***s and I have a little p***s!). :scared1:

All the people around got a good laugh, and I have never ever seen my husband as red as he was when they got back to the table. :blush:
:rotfl2:

Last year I stayed at the Yacht Club. I spent the afternoon at SAB and I guess I was a bit sun dazed. I went into what I thought was the ladies room. When I left the stall, I realized suddenly that there were urinals -- and someone was using one of them!

I must confess that I fled without even washing my hands and then hid in the ladies room for a while until I was sure he had left. For the remainder of the trip, I was sure everyone knew.

He sure had a good story to tell to his friends and family!

Hmmm was that last May? Oh, sure! I remember you! I told everyone all about it... Showed 'em your picture too!

Just kidding. :goodvibes

This isn't my most embarrassing moment it is my DH. We were at TL in the wave pool.I was standing a little in front of DH. DH thought it'd be so funny to dive with each wave & ride it into me grabbing my bottom. ON about the 4th wave something went wrong. The wave pushed him over & when he surfaced after grabbing "me". He realized that he had just grabbed the bottom of an older woman. :scared1: He quickly bounced back closer to me & stopping his game. :rotfl2: I still laugh at him about this.

:rotfl:

I remember my most embarassing Disney moment.
We were at the World when DD was about 3. She had this black stuffed bear. Took it everywhere - and I do mean it had to go everywhere. It was named Baby. Well one afternoon in the Kingdom I had run into a store to look at some gifts. My ex-husband was watching my daughter. Well she had to go. He couldn't find me. And when she had to go, she had to go. You had about a 2 minute warning before an accident was about to happen. Well he grabbed and her and literally ran to find the nearest bathroom. She starts to freak out major at this point screaming "Daddy I have to go!" and so he just runs into the men's room out of desperation. He put her in a stall and shut the door. Stood outside it. Well to this day when she goes to the bathroom she sings. Loudly. So she is in the stall singing her little heart out and my ex says at this point people are coming in, hearing her sing, and laughing so hard they can't go and turning around and leaving. He says he is just standing there praying she won't take forever and nobody recognizes his face later at a restaurant. Finally she is done. They are like the only 2 people in the bathroom. He helps her wash her hands. Hands her her bear and then washes his hands. As he turns for a paper towel he hears her say, "Look daddy, Baby is taking a bath!" He turns to see her holding her bear down in the urinal. OMG. :scared1:
So he retrieves the bear and they leave --quickly. A nice CM gave us a plastic bag and had the thing shipped to our hotel where we promptly washed it. I was freaking out to say the least - couldn't you find a FAMILY bathroom? But anyway it was done. I am sure I got the bad mother award for the day and I vowed to take her everywhere with me from that point on and have! :sad2: Needless to say she won't go anywhere near that set of bathrooms in the World to this day.

Recovering, stuck in bed, read the entire 60 pages...OMGosh I love you people. So funny...From the I'm not really tall enough it's the shoes post to my personal favorite, Hey chip where do you keep your nuts...Thanks for the laughs.

Recovering, stuck in bed, read the entire 60 pages...OMGosh I love you people. So funny...From the I'm not really tall enough it's the shoes post to my personal favorite, Hey chip where do you keep your nuts...Thanks for the laughs.

I loved those two too

I remember my most embarassing Disney moment.
We were at the World when DD was about 3. She had this black stuffed bear. Took it everywhere - and I do mean it had to go everywhere. It was named Baby. Well one afternoon in the Kingdom I had run into a store to look at some gifts. My ex-husband was watching my daughter. Well she had to go. He couldn't find me. And when she had to go, she had to go. You had about a 2 minute warning before an accident was about to happen. Well he grabbed and her and literally ran to find the nearest bathroom. She starts to freak out major at this point screaming "Daddy I have to go!" and so he just runs into the men's room out of desperation. He put her in a stall and shut the door. Stood outside it. Well to this day when she goes to the bathroom she sings. Loudly. So she is in the stall singing her little heart out and my ex says at this point people are coming in, hearing her sing, and laughing so hard they can't go and turning around and leaving. He says he is just standing there praying she won't take forever and nobody recognizes his face later at a restaurant. Finally she is done. They are like the only 2 people in the bathroom. He helps her wash her hands. Hands her her bear and then washes his hands. As he turns for a paper towel he hears her say, "Look daddy, Baby is taking a bath!" He turns to see her holding her bear down in the urinal. OMG. :scared1:
So he retrieves the bear and they leave --quickly. A nice CM gave us a plastic bag and had the thing shipped to our hotel where we promptly washed it. I was freaking out to say the least - couldn't you find a FAMILY bathroom? But anyway it was done. I am sure I got the bad mother award for the day and I vowed to take her everywhere with me from that point on and have! :sad2: Needless to say she won't go anywhere near that set of bathrooms in the World to this day.

Your story kinda reminds me of a similar incident I had when I was about 5 or 6. I was visiting a cousin for X-mas and was feeling blue because I had to leave my Teddy bear behind. My cousin lent me her Nermal cat (Yes, the annoying gray cat Garfield always hates!). I got up really late at night and had to go to the bathroom. I was so groggy and sleepy that I accidentally dropped poor Nermal in the toilet! I was so embarrassed that I snuck back into bed without saying a thing. Auntie washed Nermal and he was back next to my pillow by morning. I'm sure Garfield was overjoyed!:laughing:

September 2010

Me, DW, DD and DS were in the MAgic Kingdom. It was the end of September and Hotter than wool sock. We decided to get inside to enjoy some aircondidtioning at the giftshop at Mickey's Philharmagic. So My wife (5'9" Blond...Norwegian...Wearing Red Tank Top and Navy Shorts) unbeknowgst to be slips off to look at bottle openers. At this same moment, another blond lady wearing a red tank top moves into the general area my wife was. Yeah, Without thinking, I sidle up to my wife, squeeze her on the rump and try and kiss her on the back of the neck...I swear to God, this woman Jumped about 8 feet in the air and looked at me like I had lobsters coming outta my ears! She stood there looking at me (I was petrified at this point) and my 2 kids wondering what the hell just happened, My wife comes over to see what was going on...

Swear to heaven above, these two women looked amazing similar...Although the other gal was about an inch taller...and Finnish. I think I was about 10 shades of red and stood there trying to babble out that I thought that she was my wife...I think they finaly took pity on me and started laughing at the mistake...I was not amused (Ok I was...But don't tell anyone)

The only thing that got me off the hook was both women thought the other was sufficiently attractive as to not be insulted by the event...

My wife now calls me "The Great PhilharGroper" and I pay much more attention to who I'm about to pat on the butt!

September 2010

Me, DW, DD and DS were in the MAgic Kingdom. It was the end of September and Hotter than wool sock. We decided to get inside to enjoy some aircondidtioning at the giftshop at Mickey's Philharmagic. So My wife (5'9" Blond...Norwegian...Wearing Red Tank Top and Navy Shorts) unbeknowgst to be slips off to look at bottle openers. At this same moment, another blond lady wearing a red tank top moves into the general area my wife was. Yeah, Without thinking, I sidle up to my wife, squeeze her on the rump and try and kiss her on the back of the neck...I swear to God, this woman Jumped about 8 feet in the air and looked at me like I had lobsters coming outta my ears! She stood there looking at me (I was petrified at this point) and my 2 kids wondering what the hell just happened, My wife comes over to see what was going on...

Swear to heaven above, these two women looked amazing similar...Although the other gal was about an inch taller...and Finnish. I think I was about 10 shades of red and stood there trying to babble out that I thought that she was my wife...I think they finaly took pity on me and started laughing at the mistake...I was not amused (Ok I was...But don't tell anyone)

The only thing that got me off the hook was both women thought the other was sufficiently attractive as to not be insulted by the event...

My wife now calls me "The Great PhilharGroper" and I pay much more attention to who I'm about to pat on the butt!

Okay, your story all by itself made me LOL, but... we live pretty close to each other and I've never heard "Hotter than wool sock" :lmao: Pretty descriptive though! Love "The Great PhilharGroper" too! :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter